Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shriekingviolet

Dragon's Milk

A truly fae nectar! Dragon’s blood resin and honeyed vanilla.

I love all the Dragon blends :D . This is honey and a faint fruit and musk in the bottle. When I apply it to my skin it is gorgeous! There is no cherry floral at all, just a mysteriously warm tingly feeling. My husband loves it and I get compliments all the time :P . This scent lasts all day too!

Dragon's Milk smells like vanilla bubblegum. I smell like a pretty young thing who's learned a trick or two in the sack, and I like it! I may love it. *sniffs* Yes. It's true infatuation.

Dragon's Milk is very long wearing. It sits smoothly on my skin and glows out its sweetness without being overpowering.

I think I have to buy the rest of Ars Draconis now.

This is the first review I've done since starting to purchase BPAL. I decided it was time to whittle down the imp and bottle army by doing some serious testing.

Unfortunately, Dragon's Milk doesn't work very well for me. In the vial, it smells very sweet and lovely, with a hint of something wicked underneath. So far, so good. However, on me, it goes through a disturbing cross between a soured milk and play-doh stage that lasts a long, long time, I'm talking hours, with a very strong throw that I can't escape. The finish is a soft powdery subtleness, but not so remarkable that I would volunteer to go throught the earlier stage to get to it.

This will be a swapper.

In the bottle, Dragon's Milk smells fiery and sugary, and maybe a little bit like musky cough syrup. Yeah, that sounds kind of gross, but it's worth it. I am pretty fond of the smell of Dragon's Blood and Vanilla and I think they make for a sexy combination. The appeal of this scent really shows up for me when it begins to dry. Think Vanilla Musk, but with a wicked bite. The 'cough syrup' scent I get when it's wet disappears and leaves behind a sweet, sweet resin. Its a feisty scent that makes me want to fire up my feminine wiles and satisfy my most.. ahem.. carnal of desires. I'm listening to the song "Illuminaughty" by Infected Mushroom while I write this little review, and I think, ironically enough, that it describes how this lovely little oil makes me feel. Mmm, Dragon's Milk. Definitely one of my personal favorite BPALs.

Edited by Riven

For me, this is the perfect vanilla scent. The one I've been looking for since forever. Varm, sweet and not the teensiest bit plastic or play-doh-ig..

Ahhhh…to finally get a chance to try this very popular fragrance..I was given the opportunity to get a decant from marzstar..thank you soo much!!! ;)

Dragon’s blood and I..well….I think we have a very up and down relationship. The actual oil Dragon’s Blood was all just a floral blast..and quite surprisingly it worked…well. However..lately..with blends that either have dragon’s blood, cinnamon, or pepper..well..I just have not been able to love them. Something in that mix makes me queasy..and for a while..I was convinced it was the cinnamon..but now..now..I am beginning to suspect the drgon’s blood..which will make me very sad.

I hope this works out.

Initial sniff from decant: Kind of warm…slightly fruity..sweet. So far this smells nice and not something that would make my stomach flip flop..so I am hopeful.

Applied wet on skin: Hmmm..warm fruity??? Some sweetness too??? This is doesn’t waft very much on me…it hovers close to the skin. This immediately reminds me of a fall/winter scent.

Couple of minutes on skin: It’s kind of a honey-vanilla combo…over a wisp of something fruity..the fruity has something in it that makes me think of red…heat…and it’s that very note that if amped on me makes my stomach queasy. Crap..I was hoping that dragon’s blood wasn’t the culprit..maybe I could still be wrong??? :D

This isn’t bad on me..but it’s not fabulous either. So far it’s a pleasant enough scent..one that I wouldn’t mind wearing on the weekend when I visit my boyfriend…I would think he might like it..but let’s see how it develops the longer it’s on my skin.

I wonder how this would work as a layer under Blood Kiss???? Hmmmm… :D

Ten minutes later:Hmmm..it’s more vanilla sweetness..with just a wisp of the fruit I detected earlier on. Again..it stays close to the skin..but I gotta say..it does smell pretty darn good. Maybe I can wear dragon’s blood after all??? :)

Hour later Still the yummy vanilla sweetness..

Drydown: Faint vanilla

Lasting power 9+ hours with throw soft.

Bottom Line: Dragon’s Milk is a sweet cuddly scent with a glowing warm center…I think it would be great to wear in the fall and winter and it’s soft throw makes it perfect for snuggling. Who ever thought dragons could have a sweet and cuddly side…I am a bit besotted with the thought. Definitely keeping my decant. :P

This may be a touch too sweet to want to wear so much that I'd get a bottle...but the scent is fabulous!! I was a little worried because I've only tried one other Dragon's Blood scent and it didn't work very well on me. This however starts with a fruity sweet blast that quickly blends with vanilla and musk, with perhaps a touch of honey in the back. It's a bright scent that completely surrounds you and pulls you in. Once again it's a little sweeter than I normally like but I'm rather enamoured with it. Keeping the imp and if I go through it quickly, I'll order a bottle!

Edited by neuilly

This is soooo good. Rec'd as a frimp in last Lab order - thank you Labbies!! :P

In the vial: fruity, spicy dragon's blood and a sweet blast of vanilla. No honey, thank goodness - the lab's honey note goes terribly wrong on me, sickly sweet honeybun funkiness. Wet on my skin: same as in the vial, but the vanilla really emerges as it warms. The drydown is amazing. The honeyed vanilla is more amber powder than honey powder and the dragon's blood gives the scent lots of spice and depth. It's sweet, but not too sweet.

Medium to low throw and fairly short-lived on my skin, but I will be happy to slather, as the wet stage is just as nice as the dry! This, Dragon's Heart, and Dragon's Musk are all going to be bottle purchases with the upcoming LE orders!

I haven't had any luck with any of the Draconis scents, so I'm trying again.

In the vial: honey and vanilla. Good so far!

On the skin: Somehow the vanilla/honey temper the dragon's blood and it hasn't outright scent me screaming. I actually *like* this one, so it pays to keep trying in a scent family. This one I'd actually wear! *gasp* I knew the Dragon couldn't keep failing me. This is yummy!

Wow. I don't know how BPAL has done this, but they've captured the experience of daydreaming in a bottle for me. This is falling asleep on a patch of soft grass on a misty summer morning under a big tree with sweet, slightly fruity smelling blossoms and dreaming about fairy tales. That's the scene that immediately came to mind when I smelled this. How on earth does BPAL do it? This is sweet, earthy (not in a "dirt" sense but in a "green" sense), fresh, incensy, and ethereal. Wonderful.

Edit (2 weeks later): I tried layering just a dot of this on top of O, and boom...this goes from pretty to gorgeous! I recommend trying it.

Edited by lianri

In Bottle: Honey-milk and vanilla beans with a musky undertone. I love the color of this too!

On Skin: Sweet, but luckily my skin isn't turning the sweetness sickly like it usually does...it's a soft scent, but not powdery.

Dry: This is a bit faint on me, but I still love it for when I want something sweet yet musky enough to not warp on my skin.

Wet: citirusy DBr

Dry: a milky note like Dana o'Shee comes out once it dries, then it goes through a peachy phase followed by a light milky version of dbr.

As has been mentioned elsewhere a comforting scent and one I'll enjoy an imp of even if it's not my one true DBR.

In the imp: Very first whiff - pure honeyed vanilla. Second whiff - total resin!

On my skin: Dragon's blood completely takes over - sharp and clear, but somehow also stingy. Hint of honey pops up now and again - it's like the scents are fighting for control. I'll give it ten minutes.

Ten minutes later: All the sweetness of the vanilla/honey completely ran away! :/ Now it's just dragon's blood galore - not as sharp as before, but that's all there is. Also, I accidentally got some on my nose and upper lip from overactive sniffing and now those areas have a teeny little sting to them - not in a bad way, it's just noticeable. Sometimes I can baaaarely get a faint glimpse of sweetness here, but not enough. At least now I REALLY know what dragon's blood smells like!

Oh! Wow! This is so feminine-sexy it hurts. Sweet dragon's blood, like the juice of some exotic fruit, mixed with vanilla and a touch of sugar. The vanilla makes this slightly more fragrant than sweet in the bottle, but it becomes very sugary and fruity once it's on. Dragon's blood has always had a slightly fruity scent to me, like fresh, juicy something-or-other; sweet, but the way that real fruit is never as sweet as the candied version. But this is fruit in preserves, well-sugared. No. No, this is candied fruit.

Super-concentrated sugar-laden candied fruit, with a hint of vanilla cream. Dragons? Milk? This is more like something a dragon would drink and less like something a dragon would, err, lactate. "A truly fae nectar," indeed. Meant for drinkin' says I. Or rolling in.

This is delightful, and no fan of vanilla or dragon's blood should miss it. Except for Bat Cheva, who reeeally smelled like she had a Krispy Kreme hidden in her rack while she was wearing it.

Wow I love this!

It is sweet and creamy but also quite musky. I have no idea what Dragon's Blood Resin smells like on its own so I'll have to give my Dragon's Musk a sniff to strike a comparison when I get back home. This is so beautiful though. I need a bigger bottle.

at first, i was dismayed as all i smelled, once again, was flowers--that same super sweet flower smell that nearly everything morphs into on my skin (stupid flower smelling skin!!!) and cough drops but as it dried, it stopped smelling so cough droppy and started getting sort of luscious and creamy and cherry pie filling-esque which i liked.

I think I like this one! I don't think i will buy a big bottle, but my imp will be used!

edit: about forty minutes later, it is still fragrant but seems to have morphed into a baby powder smell...however, it is really pretty still. it is not the nasty, Secret deodorant that I associate with P.E. hell at high school....it smells creamy and pure and delightful..and almost reminds me of my cabbage patch kid from when i was little (I loved the way good ole Kelly Beth smelled!)

Edit: because two days later, I am utterly in love with this and fell asleep last night, with my wrist in face:) must get a big bottle. funny how that is, isn't.

Eta (again): It's funny how things change...I LOVE this scent now--I don't wear it often because I don't want to cheapen it, lol. And I don't think it smells anything like baby powder anymore. I think it is amazing--it is what I wanted Alice to be--innocent, sweet, and a little weird. I have this one blue sundress that is almost aqua that I like to wear Dragon's Milk with for some reason. I feel angelic wearing this scent.

Edited by willowtreeling

dragon's milk is delicious. i love dragon's blood and when combined with this amazing honey-vanilla scent it is just marvelous. resinous, sweet, a little spicy... ooh. i see a big bottle in my future!

What Porcelina said, pretty much. :P I love dragons so I had to have at least an imp of all the Ars Draconis...and now that I do I started sorting them by preference. Dragons Milk is definitely one of my faves! The resin helps to balance out the honey and vanilla on me, because sweet scents don't work on me often. This I love. Big bottle in my future too, methinks.

Edited by dixiehellcat

Definatley high up on my top ten!

i LOVE this scent, if i could chose something for my skin to smell like forever it would be how this smells after about an hour. It is sweet but soft and just beautiful. I have gone through about 4 imps and a 5ml already and i can't wait to order more... My one lament is that there isn't dragons on the bottles!

I don't get floral from this at all but a sweet resin with lots of vanilla and honey. I can smell the cherryishness (:P ) that some people have mentioned but it's not that awful artificial cherry smell at all..

Mmmm, this is the scent that turned me on to BPAL in the first place, and it still remains my favorite. I hesitate to say it smells like maraschino cherries, because it really doesn't, but something (probably the bright red color of the oil) remindes me of that. It's a swirl of juicy red cherry goodness under warm dragon's blood, vanilla and honey. Absolutely gorgeous, a definite multiple 5mL purchase!

Edited by hallospaceboy

mmm, spicy, smoky dragon’s blood perfectly blended with sweet, creamy vanilla. i used to really dislike dragon’s blood, but it’s grown on me tremendously and this may be its finest showcase. this is such a warm, soothing, pleasant scent to wear all day, any day. i think there’s a hint of cherry in it as well. i think this calls for a 5ml.

Wow! Sweet and heady....I really like this one.

In bottle: A thick resinous honey scent.

Wet: An unbelievably sweet honey/flower scent.

Dry: I still get that super sweet honey/flower scent. It's really hard to describe exactly what I smell, it's almost like a very high grade of wild bee honey.

All in all it is a very nice scent, and I really like it.

In the imp:

Sweet almonds with cream.

Wet:

This smells similar to the way Dana O'Shee smelled when I first put it on--sweet and creamy. Unfortunately, it seems that my wrist is going to eat this up just the way it did with poor Dana.

Dry:

Boo. It's so faint I can barely smell it! I'm going to try it somewhere besides my wrist since my wrists tend to suck up fragrance anyway. I will update if that makes a difference.

Edited to add:

I finally got around to re-trying this one, and it did have better staying power once I slathered it on me. It smells sort of like an incense-y Dana O'Shee on me, which I rather like. My husband sniffed me and said that he liked the scent, but it wasn't his favorite. Which is sort of how I feel, but it might be worth a bottle purchase at some point.

Edited by n3m3sis42

This one very nearly didn't work out. On me, it's very strong honey and dragon's blood, almost overpoweringly so. Given time, it dries down into a sweet vanilla, a little warm but strong, and it lasts all day. It keeps me cheerful at work.

On a side note, this is not a scent to wear on a day when you get a migraine. I found this out the second time I tried it on, which was the point at which I was about to swap it away. But a later test proved that it's wonderful, as long as I wear it sparingly, with just the tiniest bit applied to my wrists and neck. A little goes a very, very long way on me.

oh, God.

the perfect everyday scent. it seems very likeable because it's not "too" anything. it's sweet like honey, charming like a blooming flower, and perfectly delicate. it's what you'd imagine a pretty teenage girl to naturally smell like. there's also a hint of sweet, dripping cherries in there. i'll definitely get the 5ml -- this is a 4.5/5.0!