Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shriekingviolet

Dragon's Milk

A truly fae nectar! Dragon’s blood resin and honeyed vanilla.

Wow, lovely! Smells so much like Hunger, which I ADORE, but seems simpler. This is the only perfume I've ever liked, or considered wearing, that has dragon's blood in it. It's usually too fruity and sweet for my taste. This, however, is nice but if I wanted to wear a vanilla scent I'd go for Hunger. Dragon's Blood is very sweet, edible and last a long time. Reminds me of warm cookies!

Thanks so much turbojenn for the gift! :P

Beth does the best vanilla blends. This one is no exception. I see now why it is so popular. This was a frimp from the lab in a recent order and I'm so glad I got the chance to try this.

On, it smells like sweet, vanilla'd maraschino cherries. Sweet, yummy, edible - makes me think of a banana split. Dragon's Milk is extremely long lasting on me. Similarities to Snake Oil come out - the vanilla of course. I've had some mixed luck with honey in the past but here it's behaving nicely. Component-wise, it seems as if this is mainly vanilla, a squirt of honey and a smidge of dragon's blood. Vanilla is the dominant scent with the dragon's blood adding a bit of fruity goodness.

Overall, it's just wonderful - a very comforting scent and I plan on getting a 10 ml in the near future.

After years of wearing various vanilla scents I tried to resist this but it's too delicious. In the vial it's creamy but mostly cherry which I love. On skin it gets creamier and makes me hungry. If anybody goes to the Rita's this is the scent of their Cherry gelato (a mixture of cherry ice and vanilla custard). I find this scent both comfortable and exciting (the whole gelato connection).

After about an hour the vanilla really comes out. However, it's not a sweet sugared vanilla. It's a strong mature scent which I enjoyed. Very powerful but fortunately I like vanilla. I felt bad for my sister who had to share a car with me (I'd accidently slathered it on before leaving) but she didn't complain.

Once I get the vial half empty I'll decide if I want a bottle. I like the cherry vanilla but the strong vanilla at the end is a bit much for me.

As always, the dragon's blood is nothing but cherry on me. But mixed with the vanilla it morphs into a very pleasant sweet candy scent.

Not something I would wear, but very yummy.

Of all of the Ars Draconis blends I’ve tried this one is my favorite! :P The oil is a deep cherry red color. Wet this is creamy and rich with a touch of sweetness. When first on it has the classic resin/cherry sweetness of dragon’s blood mixed with cream! :D This is a cozy and sexy scent, very comforting. It develops a slight pine undertone which is resinous and almost smokey too- really lovely! I love the creaminess of this. It is a bit similar to the tea and vanilla notes in Dorian. The warmth of this blend makes it a good one to wear in cold weather.

Okay. I'm not a fan of Dragon's Blood resin, and have avoided it in bpal blends. That said, I was intrigued by Dragon's Milk, because of the vanilla - which I am a total ho for. The lab added this as a frimp in a recent order, so I decided it was fate for me to try it.

ITB: Sweetly spiced vanilla. Like a delicious confection, but not in a foody way, if that makes any sense.

On: Cherry cough drops, which is how it usually goes with me and DB.

Dry: Fading fast. Only the merest hint of dusty DB resin, right up close to my skin.

Later: A subtly spicy vanilla scent which teases at my awareness. This is really amazing, and I like it very much indeed. I may have to revise my opinion of DB after this.

Edited by Wench457

DragonsBlood.jpg

Dragon's Milk....

You know that pink soap that they use in WalMart restrooms? Yeah that.

That's all I got with Dragon's Milk and probably all I shall ever get. I don't think it's a bad thing... I actually like that soap... LoL. But sadly it's not a must-have BPAL for me.

Edited by PilotKitten

Honey turns absolutely rancid on me. It happened with O, with Milk Moon, all beginning sickeningly sweet and evolving into some sort of bad, oat honey compost hybrid, for some reason absolutely beyond me.

Thankfully, I hadn't noticed it as a note in Dragon's Milk before I ordered, for it is unlikely I would have gone for it.

However, I'm ecstatic I did. The honey mellows on me so gently I hardly notice it, only the deliciously sweet bright resin and the creamyness brought to it by the milk, a playful vanilla and all over simply a gorgeous, warm, bright red scent. The cherry is there, though it's very much a sugar drench maraschino versus a rich black, blending perfectly with the resin and other sweet notes.

Now it's mostly the BPAL I grab for when I'm not sure what to wear, a heck of a tie breaker.

In the imp: A lovely dragon's blood resin scent with a slight scent of vanilla extract. Very yummy

Wet: Smells so creamy and milky, it's almost edible!

Dry: So soft and somewhat spicy.

Overall: I love the way this is such a sweet and inviting scent. I would love to have this around for times when I have to dress up and impress people and want to appear nice and sweet. My mom loved this one. Nice and soft and feminine but with a smoky undercarriage that is wonderful up close as well as wafting.

First whiff: Very sweet dragon's blood, in all its cherryish goodness.

Drydown: The honey and vanilla quickly mix with the dragon's blood, with the honey being veeeery sweet but subtle in its honey-ness (i.e., it smells of sugar more than honey).

Actually, as it goes, it turns more and more into straight-out vanilla sugar, ending up one-dimensional and unsophisticated, but delicious, candy-sweet and comforting like a warm, fuzzy blanket.

Verdict: Soft, unassuming, sweet, warm and comforting. This would be the perfect scent for a little girl... and for those times when a grown-up needs a hug :D

I love it! :P

9/10

Wet, it's all floral-sweet resin, which I'm not too crazy about.

Drying, it's sweet, almost almondish vanilla and honey (but not so almondy as Dana O'Shee).

Dry, it's very very VERY soft, a barely perceptible honey-vanilla.

I really like the final phase of this, but I'm so going to have to slather this to smell anything. It's so light, with virtually no throw, at least not that I can perceive.

This is my absolute favorite catalog scent. It's very subtle and fades quickly on me though, so I usually carry around an imp of it to reapply. I love Dragon's Blood scents in the bottle, but they are usually too strong on me. This one is just perfect. The honey and vanilla temper the dragon's blood, so it's not overly spicy like it usually is on me. I just smell sweet and subtly spicy and it's all good.

I'm more than a little surprised that I haven't reviewed this as it was one of the first things I bought!

Dragons milk is all sweet foody comfort... and I mean sweeeet. Like cherry marzipan.

Then there is the slight resinous quality of the Dragon's Blood, which is bright and sharp.

Despite that, this smells like comfort, and I've had many compliments while wearing it.

This is pretty! (Although more viscous than I expected. My skin doesn't seem to want to absorb it!) On first application, I catch the vanilla first, but that merges with a sweet cherry note that I assume is the dragon's blood resin. It reminds me of candy, but I wouldn't describe it as sugary.

As it dries, it becomes a little smokier, a little creamier. And there's a hint of spice that's quite enticing.

I really like this. I don't know if I bottle like it, but it's a close call.

Edited by Voleuse

I like Dragon's Blood resin, but this smells like I've bathed in maraschino cherries. Not good. It must be the honey- I have really bad luck with honey scents, and this is another one. Alas...

I think I officially don't like dragon's blood. It's always too sweet/fruity; this at first smelled exactly like the fake cherry of Dramine (and thus triggered a conditioned response of feeling like throwing up, since I used to take that stuff when I was an extremely motion-sickness-prone child). That fades after a while, but it's still too sweet.

The two good things were 1) a whiff of Blood Moon-like spices at the beginning, and 2) the way it looked like I'd slit my wrist when I put it on, because it was bright red and so viscuous it didn't absorb until I blotted it. :P But it's still too cherry for me to really love this.

Edited by sophia_helix

I like the honey and the milk note, but combined with the dragon's blood resin the scent has a very strong almondy cherry vibe that makes me feel like I am a block of marzipan. It's a little too foody for me.

Bonne Belle's Dr. Pepper lip gloss.

But as that's a sentimental favorite of mine, I've no complaints. :P

In the imp: This smells nice and warm--my only previous experiences with dragon's blood are Dragon's Hide and Wrath. This blend certainly resembles the latter in terms of the sweetness.

Wet: Like many others, I had to blot this oil down so it would start absorbing. This smells very sweet while wet--clearly the dragon's blood is being altered by something, but it doesn't quite smell like vanilla to me. That must be the effect of the honey.

Dry-down and wear: This is sweet and candied. I wish it would turn the corner and become a bit spicier (I guess I wish the vanilla was deeper), but I still like it. I can't put my finger on exactly what it reminds me of, but I guess the association is pleasant. This is a definite "use the imp" and see if I decide to bottle it. It's amazing what can be done with the same note--this is not even in the same universe as Dragon's Hide, and yet they are both quite lovely.

This one goes on strong! The SO actually commented that it was a little strong, which puts it about right :P He's not fond of fragrances unless he can only smell them right up close on me. And he doesn't like anything remotely perfume-y, which is just about everything (in his opinion, anyway). Anyway, back to the subject at hand.

I really want a bottle of this, a whole lot. It smells lucious on me. Sweet and dreamy and both mildly floral and deliciously foody. I adore it. Must have.

if someone made a dragon's blood flavored ice cream it would smell like this. it's lovely and creamy sweet and everyone loves to sniff me when i wear it. on a strange note it kinda smells like super fresh red vines on me depending where i'm at in my cycle, odd i know, but i love red vines so i don't mind.

rating 4.7 out of 5

at first: very sweet and pretty. a light, sweet scent.

on: this is bright red and even seems to be staining my wrist. there's almost a bit of a cherry cough syrup note, but the dragon's blood, honey, and vanilla are mostly very pretty together.

1 hour later: this smells like pepto-bismol on me.

2 hours later: mostly honey and vanilla, with an odd medicine-y note in the background.

overall: this isn't really for me.

This oil is thick and red, so I liked it before I even put it on. From the imp I mainly smelled a dry, resiny note -- guessing it's the dragon's blood. As soon as I put it on, though, the vanilla comes out of hiding to sweeten it up A LOT. After drydown I started smelling cherries -- not every time, though, only when I least expected to smell cherry. If I sniffed at my wrist trying to pick out the cherry note, it would disappear. Overall, this was very yummy and sweet, but it kept enough of the dry, resiny bit to keep it from being TOO sweet. This didn't have much throw, but it did last for several hours.