Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ivytoad

International Shipping Info+Questions

I'm ordering four 5 ml bottles and two imps to Canada. Does that count as four items, or five...?

Hmmm I'd assume it's 5, because if you got 4 bottles and a six-set of imps it would be 5. I'd email the lab and see if they'd let the 2 imps sneak in under 4 items...

Done! That's what I'm hoping for. *crosses fingers*

I've got another question --

"In order to pay by credit card, you must order online through our web site. No order will be shipped until the money has cleared successfully."

I was hoping to pay using my credit card via PayPal. (That is to say, my PayPal account doesn't actually contain any money. The way I understand it, they've got my credit card information stored there and I can use it to transfer money to someone else with a PayPal account.)

Does anyone know if that'll be a problem?

Nah, I use my credit card through PayPal. I think it's just referring to those who don't have PayPal but who still want to use credit.

Nah, I use my credit card through PayPal. I think it's just referring to those who don't have PayPal but who still want to use credit.

*nodz*

Ordering via Paypal is not ordering via credit card as far as the Lab is concerned, because it just goes into their paypal balance, rather than through a credit card processor operated by the Lab. CCNow is (currently) the Lab's only credit card processor.

Was it an APO/FPO? I honestly have no idea how long those take. A(F)PO's are treated like internationals by the USPS, they have to be walked in and a customs form filled out. If you got a CnS, then it should be going out as domestic. You could send email answers and get your tracking info, since you lost yours to the virus.

B.

APO is an Army Post Office. Sara replied w/ my date, but said it could take up to 4weeks. It goes domestic, but through customs. I've been ordering online alot and if it's a company that ships here often, I can get a package in 3-4 days. It all depends on the contents and how customs feels that day. B/C it's going over international waters it has to have a customs form. Any packages can be mailed USPS Priority and it gets here fairly quick. Just a hassle to deal w/. I'm gonna gage the delivery time and I may have my future orders sent to SoapyRN. She'll get it and then forward it, which takes about 3-4 days from her. Just gotta wait and see.

Now that my first package from the Lab is about to get shipped (ordered 01/30) I'm wondering how big the packages are (7 bottles, 2 imp-sets)- do they count as a letter or parcel?

Does the Lab label the papers for customs with the actual value of the items, or cheaper?

I'm worried because if it is a parcel (over 2kg or big in size) and is labelled over $20 it will get stuck in customs for 4 weeks for sure, and if it's a letter and labelled over about $20 there's also a good chance I have to wait for it this long.

What do I have to expect?

They usually label at a lower value (5 or 10$).

They are sent in those video boxes, so I think that would be parcel.

Thanks maewitch! Video boxes you say.. maybe I'm lucky and it goes through as a letter. Now I'm all excited that there's the chance to receive everything very soon :P

Hey! Does anyone happen to know what the shipping rates are to Jerusalem, Israel? (For one to three bottles, say.)

EDIT: For everyone's reference -- the lab says $11.

Edited by Abberlaine Arrol

OK, please smack me down if I'm posting in the wrong place or this has already been answered, but what's the position with international shipping for TAL? (I emailed them but I'm just being impatient... ) Are the international shipping rates the same as the rates for BPAL (ie $9 for 4 items to Europe etc)? Ta!

OK, please smack me down if I'm posting in the wrong place or this has already been answered, but what's the position with international shipping for TAL? (I emailed them but I'm just being impatient... ) Are the international shipping rates the same as the rates for BPAL (ie $9 for 4 items to Europe etc)? Ta!

I'm pretty sure. It's the same to Canada and the States, so I assume it'd also be the same to Europe. :-)

the suggestions forum said it was for -oils- suggestions, so...

http://community.livejournal.com/egl/49698...31889#t68031889

apparently some people outside the us are just trying to check out, get the 'no orders outside the USA' message, and go aw no... oh well... (two just in that lj comment thread...) never seeing the FAQ bit about international orders. if it's possible to change the message the cart gives to more accurately reflect bpal's int'l ordering policies, i suggest that be one. bpal can always use more addicts worldwide, right?

apparently some people outside the us are just trying to check out, get the 'no orders outside the USA' message, and go aw no... oh well... (two just in that lj comment thread...) never seeing the FAQ bit about international orders.

Yeah, recent convert here, and I got all excited when someone pointed out that they *do* ship to Canada. Alas, in my haste, I ordered directly through CCNow and not Paypal (though I have both). I mean, I checked the "Paypal" option but it gave me a receipt as a CCNow order. I used a "CA / 910210 address and then uppercased a comment that this is GOING TO CANADA.

I understand now that we're supposed to go straight to Paypal for orders? Will my use of CCNow instead of straight Paypal totally screw up my order, or will they be able to sort through it? Hopefully so. Also, what's anticipated shipping nowadays - month, month and a half?

apparently some people outside the us are just trying to check out, get the 'no orders outside the USA' message, and go aw no... oh well... (two just in that lj comment thread...) never seeing the FAQ bit about international orders.

Yeah, recent convert here, and I got all excited when someone pointed out that they *do* ship to Canada. Alas, in my haste, I ordered directly through CCNow and not Paypal (though I have both). I mean, I checked the "Paypal" option but it gave me a receipt as a CCNow order. I used a "CA / 910210 address and then uppercased a comment that this is GOING TO CANADA.

I understand now that we're supposed to go straight to Paypal for orders? Will my use of CCNow instead of straight Paypal totally screw up my order, or will they be able to sort through it? Hopefully so. Also, what's anticipated shipping nowadays - month, month and a half?

You should contact the Lab at answers (at) blackphoenixalchemylab (dot) com and see what they say. You may have to cancel and resubmit your order via Paypal, as they do not accept non-US CCNow orders. Plus, you'd owe some $ for shipping up here, as it's more expensive than shipping to the US! :P

Thanks, I've e-mailed them. In the meantime, I'll have to do some research on how to cancel a Paypal order! It seems to have gone through.

ETA: No worries, I got a response, and they're okay with it but recommended Paypal next time. Whee!

Another question, though: Canadians - do you get charged duty? UPS always demands a cheque for what seems like 60% of the purchase price as duty upon delivery when I order perfume from the US.

Edited by LauraZ.

Hi everyone!

I had a quick questions about international orders too. I'm doing a rather large imp order for a group of friends and myself but can only see the 'Buy 6 Imps' option. Our order is *slightly* larger that that lol

Is it best for me to just go to paypal and do the 'Send Money' option as an earlier poster mentioned?

I just wanted to double check as I hadn't heard back from the lab after emailing them (probably run off their feet so understandable) and this was suggested in a poat back in 2004 and I wasn't sure if things had changed since them.

Thank you!

Nightshade, you can still easily buy through CCNow. In the cart just change the quantity to whatever number you need -- for example, if you're ordering 24 imps, then change the quantity to 4. Four packs of 6 imps = 24. Even if you're not ordering a multiple of 6, then you can do this:

Say you're ordering 53 imps.

Quantity of 6-packs: 8 (=48)

Quantity of single imps: 5 (+ the 48 above = 53)

Of course, since CCNow charges the Lab more than Paypal does, you might want to just use the CCNow cart to figure up how much money to send the Lab, then send it through Paypal. But that's just an option. :P

Hope I was helpful and not confusing!

Nightshade, as far as I know you can only order internationally through paypal. Unless they changed that recently?

Laura, I've never gotten charged duty on a package yet (knocks wood) and I've ordered over a dozen times. I know a few people that have been charged, but the customs fee is much smaller than UPS charges (like 5$) and then you get charged for the approximate tax value. The reason is that you don't have to pay customs fees on stuff that is under a certain price, like 20$ and the Lab usually marks it under that. However, if your box is opened and appraised at a higher value, you will be charged the customs and taxes. Canada Post is kind of sporadic about spot-checking though, so in all likelyhood your package will be delivered to you without any extras.

Edited by maewitch

Whoops, the FAQ page on the Lab's site does say international orders only through Paypal...so ignore that spiel of mine on using CCNow to order a bunch of imps on international orders. :P That's what I get for sticking my nose in where I don't belong!

thanks darl... i knew about that thread but a girl on the Lush forum asked me about them as she didn't think we did get them with paypal... so I just wanted to check in case i was wrong! :P

We don't receive actual Click and Ships (which is automated through the USPS system and provides a tracking number), but we do get an e-mail indicated that the order has been shipped.

If there is, they'll let you know.

Since she didn't say so, I would take that as a "no" in the meantime.