Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ivytoad

International Shipping Info+Questions

I hope this is the right place to ask...does anyone know what US to Colombia shipping costs? Someone offering to buy some of the stuff I'm selling is in Colombia and I don't know what to charge for shipping.

Check out the price calculator on USPS's website. I believe they have a fairly flat international starting point, so it'd start at about $7.10.

For reference, a 5ml weighs about 1oz.

Does anyone know if Ebay purchases can be combined with a Lab order, particularly for international shipping to Australia?

I would like to know about the combinability of orders, too.

A member in my group order came up with the question, and I thought it wasn't possible (BPAL & TAL in this instance), but I saw some people report that they could combine their orders in the past.

It would be awesome, if that was indeed possible. I cannot count the times that I did not get a TP or TAL item because I just couldn't afford the extra international shipping.

And then there's ebay and Etsy, too. And different Etsy pages on top of it all. It's a little complicated. :think: :smile: :wub2:

I don't know about BPAL and TAL, but I do know you can ask them to combine BPAL Etsy with a Lab order or BPTP Etsy with a Post order. I would think Ebay would be the same. The Lab's customer service is fantastic, I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you emailed them to ask about it.

A member in my group order came up with the question, and I thought it wasn't possible (BPAL & TAL in this instance), but I saw some people report that they could combine their orders in the past.

It would be awesome, if that was indeed possible. I cannot count the times that I did not get a TP or TAL item because I just couldn't afford the extra international shipping.

And then there's ebay and Etsy, too. And different Etsy pages on top of it all. It's a little complicated. :think: :smile: :wub2:

Recently, I ordered from the Lab and from TAL, they were so kind as to combine the order. Same as my last package, which was a combined order from the Lab's Etsy site, the TP Etsy site and the Lab itself. BPAL customer service really is incredible, and it never hurts to e-mail and ask, or put a request into the Paypal notes to the seller. I did pay shipping on each of the five orders, but I was refunded promptly since the orders were combined. I sympathize, I'm international too and often missed out because of the shipping costs.

Edited by Ashmedai

Recently, I ordered from the Lab and from TAL, they were so kind as to combine the order. Same as my last package, which was a combined order from the Lab's Etsy site, the TP Etsy site and the Lab itself. BPAL customer service really is incredible, and it never hurts to e-mail and ask, or put a request into the Paypal notes to the seller. I did pay shipping on each of the five orders, but I was refunded promptly since the orders were combined. I sympathize, I'm international too and often missed out because of the shipping costs.

Ok! Thanks. I never, ever would have asked, just took it as a rule that it wasn't possible. I don't think I'm all that comfortable with asking. Not saying that the lab staff isn't super-nice, just that I don't like to ask for exceptions from a rule and depend on favours. Maybe if I actually could afford to place several orders including shipping, from that position, it would be easier/less awkward to ask for the favour of combining, since, if it was declined, it wouldn't be so bad. I guess I don't want to be in the situation where the favour is declined and I take it personally and am forever cross with BPAL. :lol: :rolleyes:

Regarding international orders, is the information on the first page (this post) still accurate, and does "one set of imps = one item" only go for the imp packs, or also for a set of 6 imps that you 'put together' yourself?

Also, for those with experience, if I were to order in the next few days, is there any chance it would still make it here (Belgium) around Christmas?

Thanks!

Edited by Pardona

Also, for those with experience, if I were to order in the next few days, is there any chance it would still make it here (Belgium) around Christmas?

Thanks!

The Lab usually has a cut-off date for international orders if they are to arrive before Christmas. It tends to be the end of November. In my own experience, having ordered Yules when they went live before, I think they usually make it to Europe before Christmas if you adhere to the cut-off date. Of course, there could be customs problems etc. that could delay the package :smile:

Thanks!

The Lab usually has a cut-off date for international orders if they are to arrive before Christmas. It tends to be the end of November. In my own experience, having ordered Yules when they went live before, I think they usually make it to Europe before Christmas if you adhere to the cut-off date. Of course, there could be customs problems etc. that could delay the package :smile:

So does anyone know the exact cut off date for this year? I'm waiting until the Yule scents arrive to order but I don't want to wait too long because I'm in the UK

Monday Dec. 7th 12:01am PST for international orders

Is what it says in the announcements section of the forum, that is just for if you want the item before Christmas.

Ok, I have a situation here, I just placed a large order, large enough to have it shipped for free, now I discovered that a bottle I've been wanting to order is now back in stock, do you think I can order that one and request a refund for shipping on that bottle from the labbies? Of course, I would tell them to combine the 2 orders....

Ok, I have a situation here, I just placed a large order, large enough to have it shipped for free, now I discovered that a bottle I've been wanting to order is now back in stock, do you think I can order that one and request a refund for shipping on that bottle from the labbies? Of course, I would tell them to combine the 2 orders....

It's been my experience that when I ask the Lab to combine orders (which is frequently) if the total combined for the orders qualifies for free shipping they will refund everything you paid for shipping. They are super awesome like that. I had them combine two fairly large orders into one giant order once that then qualified for free shipping, and they refunded me the shipping I had paid on each of the individual orders. I didn't ask them to do that, they just automatically do when you've asked them to combine orders. I would shoot them an email. :)

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place or is a bit of a silly question, but I've read the site FAQ and through this thread sand I'm still at a loss!

I'm trying to place my first order ever from bpal, and I can't figure out the shipping at all. I just wanted to try 4 Imps, sent to my Belgian address, but the price for shipping keeps coming out to 68 dollars. That can't be right, can it? I tried switching to my California address to see if that quote would be more practical and it was normal (I'd have it shipped there if I could, but I'm not there right now). I thought that if I went through to the checkout page and filled in all of the information it'd show the correct shipping rate but it's still 68 bucks.

Am I doing something wrong? I can't think of how to get the shipping price to change and I just can't see how that's the right rate.

I just read on one of the Facebook groups that there's a glitch on the Lab site that's screwing up shipping for imps. Apparently bottle-only orders aren't affected but as soon as you add an imp or imps to your order, it triggers the glitch.

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place or is a bit of a silly question, but I've read the site FAQ and through this thread sand I'm still at a loss!

I'm trying to place my first order ever from bpal, and I can't figure out the shipping at all. I just wanted to try 4 Imps, sent to my Belgian address, but the price for shipping keeps coming out to 68 dollars. That can't be right, can it? I tried switching to my California address to see if that quote would be more practical and it was normal (I'd have it shipped there if I could, but I'm not there right now). I thought that if I went through to the checkout page and filled in all of the information it'd show the correct shipping rate but it's still 68 bucks.

Am I doing something wrong? I can't think of how to get the shipping price to change and I just can't see how that's the right rate.

I just read on one of the Facebook groups that there's a glitch on the Lab site that's screwing up shipping for imps. Apparently bottle-only orders aren't affected but as soon as you add an imp or imps to your order, it triggers the glitch.

You also might find it more economic to post an ISO post to see if anyone has those imps, as for definite, even with the site working, shipping will be more than the price of those imps. Or alternatively, look in the Decent Circles and Group Orders section - there are frequent EU group orders to help the shipping, usually appearing just before the full moon. :D

I'm pretty sure international shipping is just horrendously expensive, rather than a glitch. Does anyone know why they charge $30 for shipping? It's not even fast! I'd order way more frequently if shipping was reasonable... :(

I'm pretty sure international shipping is just horrendously expensive, rather than a glitch. Does anyone know why they charge $30 for shipping? It's not even fast! I'd order way more frequently if shipping was reasonable... :(

Unfortunately, USPS raised their rates this year (again!) and $30+ is the price of a Priority package. The Lab ships Priority because it's the only international option with tracking/insurance, unlike the cheaper but more unreliable First Class. But yeah, it's horribly pricey... :cry2:

Unfortunately, USPS raised their rates this year (again!) and $30+ is the price of a Priority package. The Lab ships Priority because it's the only international option with tracking/insurance, unlike the cheaper but more unreliable First Class. But yeah, it's horribly pricey... :cry2:

Yes it is, even to Canada. But there's nothing the Lab can do about it, unfortunately. Group ordering whenever possible is really the only way for us to save. They can't compromise on tracking/insurance to save us a few dollars, in case something happens to the package. They're not making money on shipping, just charging us what they have to pay to get our packages to us. I know, it sucks. :(

Ahh, I see, thanks. That seems crazy! I wouldn't mind so much if it was really speedy, but it still took 10 days to arrive. Express international from here is a lot cheaper and a lot faster (3-4 days) so I was just taken aback.

Also, the tracking seems kind of pointless when it doesn't seem to track beyond the US? Even though my order arrived safely in Japan, the tracking still says "in transit" and the last noted destination is LA, haha. Is that normal?

Anyway, thanks for the replies! I'll just have to wait longer between orders :sad: :sad:

Yeah, the tracking doesn't work for me either, as soon as it leaves the US all traces of my package vanish.

After the package leaves US I can track it through my own country's Post Office.

Have you tried to put the tracking number to your country's Post Office's tracking service?

I don't know how it works in other countries, but in the Netherlands, as soon as a international package or envelope enters the country, it gets an other tracking or item number. Those numbers are picked randomly I think and the only way to find out what number it became, is to constantly harass the postal headquarters asking for it.

The problem with that is sadly, that if you let them look for your package new tracking number, it seems to get more attention, thus the risk of paying extra VAT gets higher.

I've always been able to track my package all the way to delivery (though Canada Post is notoriously bad for scanning the package in regularly).

It must work differently depending on country.