Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ivytoad

International Shipping Info+Questions

I'm still waiting for my order to come in the mail. It was a pretty tiny order and my CnS was on the 14th of June. It's almost been a month. Argh, stupid postal strike.

Same here. I placed the order on May 18, got my CNS on June 14, and am still waiting for it. I actually received my June 16 order today (CNS'd on July 1, post-lockout) - which makes me really scared for the May 18 order. If I don't see it by the end of this week I will probably contact Canada Post and yell at them ask them to investigate.

ETA, mine was unfortunately not a small order; it was a $113 order with stuff for both myself and a friend. So I'm seriously nervous about losing it.

FWIW, I ordered May 14th, got shipping notification June 13th and I just got my package (6 bottles) last Thursday. The only other oustanding package (non-bpal, but of US origin) I had from before the strike just arrived today. Hope your smellies arrive soon guys!

My May 18 order arrived today, so it wasn't lost in the black hole of Canada Post after all. :joy: Beevee, I hope yours gets there soon!

Maybe it's waiting for me at home! I hope... If not I'm giving Canada Post until the end of this week then I'm going to make noise. Thanks for the well wishes on my AWOL smellies. :-)

Is anyone still waiting for a CnS on Hungry Ghost Moon? I ordered HGM & Pussy on June 20th & I'm yet to have a shipping notification. I know a month isn't out of the ordinary for international orders, but I'm just wondering if anyone else is still waiting *needs new bottles to test*

Hoping this is the right place to post this--

I'm sorry if this has been answered before; if so, I can't find it! I wanted to ask if anyone here who's in Australia could help me out with the average ship times from US and EU locations to Australian addresses. I'm trying to figure out whether it would be better to have some packages sent to my US address or my AU one.

Thanks!

I'm sorry if this has been answered before; if so, I can't find it! I wanted to ask if anyone here who's in Australia could help me out with the average ship times from US and EU locations to Australian addresses. I'm trying to figure out whether it would be better to have some packages sent to my US address or my AU one. Thanks!

Usually from the US to Australia takes around 10-14 days, and from EU (and UK) around the same. Sometimes they will be a little quicker than that, and sometimes a little slower, but generally it's around two weeks. Hope that helps! :smile:

edited, because I think this topic is more abut international shipping & info for BPAL orders, rather than general questions.. this thread here seems to be more for non-order related questions so your post may get moved there :smile:

Edited by sunshinedaisybliss

Two weeks is not too bad. Thanks so much, for the answer and the link! (Ah, looks like I was looking in the wrong forum :lol: /)_(\ Ah, sorry, mods, please move this if it's okay!)

Edited by ephemere

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct place but here goes: I ordered on Feb and it was shipped out, till then all fine, it arrived in Germany a month ago but hasn't moved since, I contacted the post office and they said it was sent back... what do I do? I e-mailed BPAL customer service but they haven't received anything... Thanks in advance :wub2: I'm just a bit worried and to be honest I really want my bottle of blood kiss B)

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct place but here goes: I ordered on Feb and it was shipped out, till then all fine, it arrived in Germany a month ago but hasn't moved since, I contacted the post office and they said it was sent back... what do I do? I e-mailed BPAL customer service but they haven't received anything... Thanks in advance :wub2: I'm just a bit worried and to be honest I really want my bottle of blood kiss B)

I don't really know the answer, but I had a parcel from a decant circle in the US sent back by the postal service and it took the best part of 3 months to get back to it's origin, so it may still have a while to go before it turns up.

I don't really know the answer, but I had a parcel from a decant circle in the US sent back by the postal service and it took the best part of 3 months to get back to it's origin, so it may still have a while to go before it turns up.

I believe, to save on shipping costs, that when parcels get sent back internationally, it tends to be via surface mail, rather than air. Surface mail takes a great many months. :/

I believe, to save on shipping costs, that when parcels get sent back internationally, it tends to be via surface mail, rather than air. Surface mail takes a great many months. :/

Thanks a lot :wub2: that's reassuring, I guess I just have to wait :) but at least it's not lost

Hey gals!! I have a question and need your wisdom and advice. I have someone who wants to buy some items I have for sale who lives in Italy. I have never shipped internationally before but I know she really wants one of the items so i'm willing to give it a go. Can someone who has shipped internationally before to Italy please tell me about how much it'd cost (how much i should charge shipping wise) and what I need to pack the items in for customs or anything I may need to know cost wise and packaging wise. It'd be very much appreciated!

The items I am trying to ship if you need an idea of big a package I might need if that helps is 1 hair gloss + 1 perfume bottle.

Edit: Found a food scale to weight items on. Without being bubble wrapped and not including any frimps they come to 5.7oz. I had guesstimated 6oz before i found the scale. So can someone just tell me what to charge to ship to italy for S&H and if i should use different packaging then we do in the U.S (the yellow 6x9 inch bubble wrap envelopes)?

Edited by Honey Girl

Hey gals!! I have a question and need your wisdom and advice. I have someone who wants to buy some items I have for sale who lives in Italy. I have never shipped internationally before but I know she really wants one of the items so i'm willing to give it a go. Can someone who has shipped internationally before to Italy please tell me about how much it'd cost (how much i should charge shipping wise) and what I need to pack the items in for customs or anything I may need to know cost wise and packaging wise. It'd be very much appreciated!

The items I am trying to ship if you need an idea of big a package I might need if that helps is 1 hair gloss + 1 perfume bottle.

Edit: Found a food scale to weight items on. Without being bubble wrapped and not including any frimps they come to 5.7oz. I had guesstimated 6oz before i found the scale. So can someone just tell me what to charge to ship to italy for S&H and if i should use different packaging then we do in the U.S (the yellow 6x9 inch bubble wrap envelopes)?

Go ahead and use the USPS postal calculator, now that you have the weight, it's really easy. :D

http://postcalc.usps.com/

If you're going to frimp make sure the entire weight of the package is below 8oz otherwise you'll end up going into a higher shipping cost.

Factor in whether or not you will charge for the cost of the bubble env and bubble wrap...

Make sure to wrap each item separately with a nice cushion of bubble wrap before sticking into the bubble envelope (exception are imps, you can wrap a group of imps side by side in a line together). I'm not sure if you'll be able to get the HG with bubblewrap into a 6x9... I like to use the plastic bubble env. for int'l but the paper type should be fine. You'll have to fill out an Int'l form, and if you use the hard copy version from the post office, it has 4 lines and asks for item description, item weight and item cost per line.

Hope this helps! :)

Can anyone help re international shipping. I was recently informed by Royal mail that I will not be allowed to post BPAL anywhere outside the UK due to international prohibited goods policies etc. I am wondering if anyone IS still able to ship internationally or even to the EU from the UK. Does this apply vice versa in that I cannot buy from the US or internationally anymore either?

As far as I am aware BPAL has no alcohol in it, which is why other perfumes/oils etc are prohibited as they are flammable. I just don't understand :(

Can anyone help re international shipping. I was recently informed by Royal mail that I will not be allowed to post BPAL anywhere outside the UK due to international prohibited goods policies etc. I am wondering if anyone IS still able to ship internationally or even to the EU from the UK. Does this apply vice versa in that I cannot buy from the US or internationally anymore either?

As far as I am aware BPAL has no alcohol in it, which is why other perfumes/oils etc are prohibited as they are flammable. I just don't understand :(

I actually get oils from the UK all the time. I buy through the forum or from one company in particular, Future Primitive and even Lush, UK. I just looked at one of the boxes from Future Primitive and they mark the customs paperwork as bath and body products. I usually get 1-2 packages from them a month with no problem.

I explained they were organic, pure perfume oils. Not flammable. I was told they would be destroyed if I sent them.... But I can see lots of people are still shipping internationally. I am so worried that if anything were to happen they would be taken and destroyed leaving the buyer without the oils they were looking forward to (refunded of course) and the oils lost forever :(

Don't use the word perfume. The minds of postal workers can't conceive of a perfume without alcohol. I always send mine as "bath oil - no alcohol".

Don't use the word perfume. The minds of postal workers can't conceive of a perfume without alcohol. I always send mine as "bath oil - no alcohol".

Yes, the key word is "perfume." Either mark it as Bath & body or cosmetics.

Ahhhhh ok. And there would be a significantly lesser chance of customs having any issues with it? Considering there would be no more than say 10-30mls sent at a time presumably. Unless someone went mad and bought everything hahaha!

You shouldn't have any problems. I just got a package from Future Primitive in the UK last week with 13 5mm bottles of oils and a large bottle of hair conditioner.

Ahhhhh ok. And there would be a significantly lesser chance of customs having any issues with it? Considering there would be no more than say 10-30mls sent at a time presumably. Unless someone went mad and bought everything hahaha!

Technically customs wouldn't have an issue with it if it was just marked "perfume oils". However, customs agents tend to actually know the postal laws and restrictions, where as post office workers are more sketchy on them.

You can also use "scented oils", "body oils", "fragrance oils." All of these are entirely correct, as that is what the product is - oil with a scent.

I always write 'essential oil' and for imps 'cosmetic samples/ essential oil sample' and I've had no trouble so far

I never mention the word 'perfume' to the PO people

I ship abroad and have never had any issue. I always say bath and body though as they are not against the regulations but some postal workers get over zealous..

I love FP too.. Her whipped soap..

I hope this is the right place to ask...does anyone know what US to Colombia shipping costs? Someone offering to buy some of the stuff I'm selling is in Colombia and I don't know what to charge for shipping.