Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ivytoad

International Shipping Info+Questions

Okay, our Cold Moon order from November has arrived at our group leader's house :P . We don't know if the October 13th and 27th orders have been shipped yet though. :D

Okay, our Cold Moon order from November has arrived at our group leader's house :D . We don't know if the October 13th and 27th orders have been shipped yet though. :P

I've now got a vision of Ctrlfreak and Tugs in uniform on a parade ground with all the group order people awaiting inspection and imps! :D

I'm really glad that the orders are trickling through - I have a vested interest in the Yule one. :D

Edited by Miggins

:P at Miggins. Tugs said that they were never informed of the Cold Moon order being shipped, so who knows....? Maybe our Yule order will turn up soon... (maybe in time for my birthday next month.)

...And it seems that the Yule order has, at last turned up at Ctrlfreak's. I can't wait to get my hands on those scents. Smelly goodness.

I haven't heard anything about my january 7th order... do you think I should email the lab? I just wonder because of the shipped through date and people getting storm moon click n ships.

I don't want to bother them, but I don't want to be forgotten! last time I only heard back after emailing, to find my order had been "reshipped." what do you guys think?

I e-mailed Kenedy two days ago about my 5 Jan order, and he replied saying the storms had delayed international orders (presumably because they couldn't actually safely get to the post office). I don't think it would hurt to drop them a quick e-mail. You might be lucky (like me!) and get a "shipped" notice as well as a reply.

I haven't heard anything about my 30th Dec order to the UK either. I can only recall seeing one international order in the click and ship thread since the Wolf Moon orders went out and that was Miggins's.

I was just wondering - when the order arrives in the UK is it delivered by the normal Royal Mail postman or does it come by Parcelforce? I usually participate in group orders so I don't know what happens, but I have an order coming to me hopefully in the next few weeks and i'd like to know whether it's likely to come with my usual post or whether I might have to wait in for it to avoid having to rearrange delivery.

Leapy, it comes with the usual mail. And very helpfully, the box is a perfect size to slip through your letterbox if you aren't there!

Thanks Miggins. I have my doubt about it actually fiting in the letterbox though - it's joined to an exceptionally tiny mailbox - I've had to go to the sorting office before to collect normal size A4 envelopes before. (Sorry, small diversion there.)

Postman never sticks mine through the letterbox. I've got an outside cupboard he's under strict instructions to put it in, although when he was unititiated I had had to go to the PO (far, far away) to pick it up.

I wish he did put it through the letter box. I find myself checking the outside cupboard nearly every day and I get paranoid about the neighbours thinking I'm checking the gas meter daily or something!

:P

Hello international peeps!

I live in an apartment building, and the boxes are too big for my letterbox. However ... and I'm not sure if this is just because my postman is extra cool, I usually come home to my BPAL goodies sitting on the mantel in my apartment building's foyer (other tenants get this treatment too, although their packages are not nearly as exciting as BPAL!!).

Hm I am not sure that this info is useful ... I am just excited about having ordered recently after a long break! Ahhh the feelings of anticipation ...

Hey peeps! O'dessa, obviously I haven't been keeping in touch well enough ... will call you shortly to hear the scoop on your order!

Ishtar and I went in together for our last order, but we didn't order until this month. Well to be perfectly honest, the extent of my involvement was "yes please, I want ... and ... and ... thank you Ishtar!" :P

Ahhh looking forward to a big bottle of Hetairae for the summer!

I keep an eye on the CnS thread and I've noticed international orders are being shipped out 3 to 4 weeks later than domestic orders. Some European Chaste Moon orders are being shipped out now, whereas the US people are receiving their Pink Moon orders.

Why are the international orders shipped out so much later? Not that I'm ungrateful or anything, but this does make the turn around time for international orders well over 60 days. Maybe the lab should state that on the site.

I know the lab's very busy, which I understand and I don't blame anyone (in case you all get upset), I was just wondering.

i would say that "all orders ... are currently taking an excess of 21 - 45 business days to process" does cover that.

part of the reason for the extra time is that the lab has to go to the post office to take care of the customs forms and get them stamped and what not, whereas with domestic orders, the carrier can pick them up.

i would say that "all orders ... are currently taking an excess of 21 - 45 business days to process" does cover that.

I wouldn't. Domestic orders are taking close to 45, international over 60. I think two weeks and more of difference does merit a specific mention on the site.

I don't mind the delay, but I would have liked to know before placing an order. *shrug*

Maybe my math's rusty, but when someone says an order is going to take more than 21-45 days to process, how is 60 days not covered in that? Seems to me like any number greater than 21 business days is, by definition, included in that.

Also, my last 3 (domestic) orders have taken 30 business days or less to proccess, not 45. "Business days" is a very important part of that sentence.

Also, my last 3 (domestic) orders have taken 30 business days or less to proccess, not 45. "Business days" is a very important part of that sentence.

That's kinda my point. What needs to be more obvious on the site is the big difference between domestic and international processing times. All orders are not taking in excess of 45 days, only international orders are. There are good reasons for this, I'm not saying it's unfair, what I'm saying is that it would be nice to see that difference reflected in the information on the front page.

Lohengrin,

I understand your frustration, and I find this frustrating too, although for different reasons. You see, I'd like to help you. The forums are here to help. We help with reviews of the fragrances and we try to answer questions and we act as a venue for the Lab to make announcements about new releases or other topics. But none of us work for the Lab, and the forum is not owned by the Lab. We are, in essence, a fan site, and we don't control what goes on the BPAL commercial site, or the wording the Lab choses to use. You may feel their wording is ambiguous or inaccurate and want them to change it, but posting that fact here is rather akin to telling your postman you think the milkman should wear more blue.

You might have better success if you politely addressed that request to the milkman in question directly. All WE can do is tell anyone who comes along asking that, yes, international orders take longer.

Lohengrin,

You might have better success if you politely addressed that request to the milkman in question directly. All WE can do is tell anyone who comes along asking that, yes, international orders take longer.

You're right, of course.

Helloooo international peeps!

I think the milkman/postman analogy is apt (and it made me laugh!) - but I also think that the questions/comments posted by lohengrin and Femke were valid.

I've been a customer since 2003, and although I know *now* that there's a difference in shipping times, through experience, I would have liked to know upfront. Not because of any drama or upset or dissatisfaction, just because it's nice to know when to expect the lovely lovely box of BPAL in the mail. Also, if some of the oils are presents for specific occasions, it's nice to be able to order in time to receive them in a timely way.

It's also great to be able to have a "reality check" from the experienced forumites as to what might be a valid question for Beth, rather than mailing her with an issue only to discover that it's already been covered on the boards, or that there is a reason that she has already explained.

Anyway in my usual fashion I am agreeing with everyone :P Lohengrin, could you post if you do decide to mail the lab and let us know what the response was?

cheers!

The first post in this topic says that international orders are shipped out once a week, but I have not seen any international shipping notices since June 3rd, and all of those were for orders placed on April 1-4.

With all the domestic types getting click n'ships for their April 24th orders, I do kinda wonder where all the international shipping notices for April 5th and beyond are.