Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ivytoad

International Shipping Info+Questions

Two of the two (!) packs I was waiting are being held by customs :P

Other italians: does it *always* happen to you, or do the packs sometimes avoid their clutches?

And the slightly scary letter I received from customs is just a formality to get their hands on my 6,33 euros, or should I be worried?

Also, is there a way to help your packs slip by customs unnoticed? Like writing gift on the pack like the lab does...have you noticed what actually helps?

Can anyone tell me how much i have to pay (for shipping) or how it is shipped when i orderd 17 bottles and 2 imp packs?

I now paid with shipping $357,50 (shipping $13)

The $13 to Western Europe is only up to 12 items, according to this post, and you have 19 items so you should email the lab at answers (at) blackphoenixalchemylab (dot) com for a shipping quote.

The rescaled shipping is thus:

One 5ml = 1 item

Twelve imps = 1 item

If you purchase 12 items or less (in any combination of imps and 5mls), these are the shipping rates:

$11 to Canada

$13 to Western Europe & Australasia

If you live outside these areas, or are placing an order larger than 12 items, please email us for rates.

I've had a couple of problems with my latest orders. Over the past month I've put in four altogether and only one of those has been stress-free. The first order I put in (shared with a friend) hasn't arrived and there's been no click and ship. My friend has sent a few enquiry emails and the responses so far have been rather vague. We've been waiting for that package for a long time now and there doesn't seem to be much in the way of a resolution.

The second order arrived very quickly and all was fine there.

I received my click and ship for the third order two weeks ago and there's no sign of it yet... getting a bit worried about that one.

The fourth order arrived this morning and is the one I'm most pissed off about as the postman handed me the package along with a customs charge slip. They want me to pay £14.78 and there doesn't seem to be a reason apart from the fact that the stated total is a lot less than it should be.

Has anyone else had similar experiences recently? I'm thinking of sending BPAL an email about it all, as the customer service is rather lacking.

I've had a couple of problems with my latest orders. Over the past month I've put in four altogether and only one of those has been stress-free. The first order I put in (shared with a friend) hasn't arrived and there's been no click and ship. My friend has sent a few enquiry emails and the responses so far have been rather vague. We've been waiting for that package for a long time now and there doesn't seem to be much in the way of a resolution.

The second order arrived very quickly and all was fine there.

I received my click and ship for the third order two weeks ago and there's no sign of it yet... getting a bit worried about that one.

The fourth order arrived this morning and is the one I'm most pissed off about as the postman handed me the package along with a customs charge slip. They want me to pay £14.78 and there doesn't seem to be a reason apart from the fact that the stated total is a lot less than it should be.

Has anyone else had similar experiences recently? I'm thinking of sending BPAL an email about it all, as the customer service is rather lacking.

Hiya

the customs charge slip will probably be ofr a different package as they dont usually release them till you have paid the cutsoms charges. Unfortunately if your parcel gets stopped by cutoms they will charge customs tax. No reason just that you should pay customs tax on imports! A bit like spot checks at the airport really...very occasionally you might get a parcel stopped and checked... I've found that usually bigger parcels get stopped unfortunately. That may be your missing parcel? I too am awaiting a CnS for an order and no replies from emails i have sent either :(

hope this hepls

Lucy x

Just a quickie - as I have been away from ordering for a wee while! Is shipping still $13 up to 12 items for both the Lab and TP? I know USPS rates are always creeping up, so just wanted to check!

Cheers muchly!!! :)))

$14 dollars now from the lab.

Copied from the site

The International Flat Rate shipping fee is $14.00 for all orders up to 20 bottles (or 240 imps); the rate jumps to $29.00 on orders containing more that 20 items that won’t entirely fit in the Flat Rate box. Shipping is free for all orders that exceed $500.

Copied from the site

The International Flat Rate shipping fee is $14.00 for all orders up to 20 bottles (or 240 imps); the rate jumps to $29.00 on orders containing more that 20 items that won’t entirely fit in the Flat Rate box. Shipping is free for all orders that exceed $500.

Thank you so much, Mimosa! ;))

And the same for TP, does anyone know? (I just want to make sure I get it right - nothing worse than a dope like myself who gets the shipping wrong because I am always behind on the latest/half asleep)!

Edited by meredyn

Copied from the site

Thank you so much, Mimosa! ;))

And the same for TP, does anyone know? (I just want to make sure I get it right - nothing worse than a dope like myself who gets the shipping wrong because I am always behind on the latest/half asleep)!

With BPTP it goes more by the weight and size of the order, which of course is more variable than with the Lab. I think that it would be $14 for something like a t-shirt and two 5 ml bottles (stuff that would fit in the small international priority box) but for orders with large and/or multiple items the best thing is to email Puddin and ask for a quote. His email is tradingpost@papow.net.

Does the Trading Post also offer free shipping on international orders over $500? I'm tempted to try to do a mini group order if that is the case. :)

Does the Trading Post also offer free shipping on international orders over $500? I'm tempted to try to do a mini group order if that is the case. :)

They certainly do :smile:

Thank you! :smile: (although my wallet weeps! :lol: )

I wasn't aware of this. I thought the Trading Post offered free shipping on orders over $300 but only for US domestic orders.

I wasn't aware of this. I thought the Trading Post offered free shipping on orders over $300 but only for US domestic orders.

AFAIK, shipping was free for orders over $300 to anywhere in the whole lovely world till the prices changed, now tis free anywhere on orders over $500.

please, Ins't there somebody from Italy to contact me, to get some informations faster, I'don't have time enough to spend to read everything...

please, Ins't there somebody from Italy to contact me, to get some informations faster, I'don't have time enough to spend to read everything...

Do you have any specific questions? Here is what the Lab says on international shipping:

International shipping costs vary depending on the location we're shipping to and the weight of the package. The latter is determined by the number of bottles that we're sending out.

We use USPS Flat Rate on most international shipments. The Flat Rate service offered by USPS features a fixed price per package, regardless of weight. As a rule, we can fit up to 20 items in International Flat Rate packaging with occasional exceptions.

I just e-mailed TAL about this, but does anyone know if TAL shipping can be combined with BPAL? I never order a lot of stuff at once, and my shipping costs end up being almost the same as the order itself. Since the price is the same up to X items, I was wondering if TAL and BPAL would do this? Does anyone know?

Of course TAL &/or the Lab will have your final answer, but whether it's a US order or international order, the separate companies under the Black Phoenix umbrella (BPAL, the Trading Post and TAL) have so far been unable to offer combined shipping. As completely separate companies, they have separate bank accounts and bookkeeping; the time it takes each from production to shipping can also vary greatly.

Thank you! I'm a bit bummed out, but after I read that the Yule LE will be up until January 22 I felt a bit better. It's understandable that they keep the orders separate, though.

Thanks!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I have a quick question about CnS - I got a CNS on December 6, but it seems still hasn't been picked up by the US Post office, about 5 working days later. This also happened with another package of mine (both from the Lab), with a CnS on December 7. The Track and Confirm information only has "Electronic Shipping Info Received" as the status of the package. Is this customary around this time of year or should I be worried that maybe the packages have been lost? Thank you in advance for any information you can give me :)

It's normal for the small flat-rate international boxes, since USPS doesn't actually offer tracking on those. All you'll get is confirmation that they were submitted to USPS from the Lab's end, but the USPS site won't have any further info available.

If you ever order a lot or from the Trading Post, they will usually ship with the medium or even large flat-rate boxes, and for those you will have tracking info, which you can follow either through USPS or Canada Post.

Hope that helps! :)

I'm hoping someone can calm my jitters..

I got a TAL CnS on March 1st - as of today the order still has not arrived. This has been the longest that I've ever had to wait for a package either from BPAL or TAL and I'm getting worried something may have happened to it. It was an order of about under $300, so I'm thinking maybe it's going to be hit with Customs, which I don't really mind, but does it explain the delay?

Can other Canadians tell me the longest they've had to wait for a package before, and at what time should I be contacting the customer service email for TAL with inquiries as to what to do?

I'm hoping someone can calm my jitters..

I got a TAL CnS on March 1st - as of today the order still has not arrived. This has been the longest that I've ever had to wait for a package either from BPAL or TAL and I'm getting worried something may have happened to it. It was an order of about under $300, so I'm thinking maybe it's going to be hit with Customs, which I don't really mind, but does it explain the delay?

Can other Canadians tell me the longest they've had to wait for a package before, and at what time should I be contacting the customer service email for TAL with inquiries as to what to do?

Yes, it definitely could explain the delay. Typically, when I get a delay, I accept defeat and get my wallet ready to pay the customs charge when the postman drops by. mecry.gifHowever, I've had a package clear customs and without any fees, and then sit at the sorting plant for a week before it finally moved to my local post office! Canada Post is godawful. I'm waiting for a package from California from another forum member that was shipped March 2nd and hasn't arrived yet either. I think the longest I've had to wait is about 15 business days. I haven't ordered directly from BPAL before recently and haven't gotten my CnS for my first order yet, so I don't know if they give you a customs number or anything, but if they do, you might be able to put it into Canada Post's tracking system just to see if it's cleared customs yet.

Edited by o0SnowDrop0o

I haven't ordered directly from BPAL before recently and haven't gotten my CnS for my first order yet, so I don't know if they give you a customs number or anything, but if they do, you might be able to put it into Canada Post's tracking system just to see if it's cleared customs yet.

If you receive a CnS, it will have a tracking number. However, if it's a Small Priority Flat-Rate (which the orders you pay 12$ in shipping are), it won't actually allow you to track anything - the system just logs that they received the info, nothing at all beyond that. If it's a larger package, it will have tracking that you can follow, including when it clears customs.

See my post a little bit above. ;)