Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ivytoad

International Shipping Info+Questions

Krista- It can take about a week, and it does so when you're lucky. BUT, more commonly, it takes about two weeks, and I've had it take up to...*counts on fingers*...roughly two months. It depends on a number of factors, including border traffic, Customs officers' mood swings, and I'm sure there's some sort of astrological influence, too! :P

It's good to hope for a week transit time, though, and it is always worth the wait. :D

Hey Krista,

I may have been the one who mentioned the one week transit time. I know that referred to paper documents from when my prof in Brandon was editting for various journals. I could have been very wrong when it comes to oils.

But thanks to your posting I checked my email and my Sept 28th order is also being shipped out tomorrow. Yay! (I was really hoping to have it before I went on vacation on the 27th, but I guess I'll have something to look forward to when I get back.)

Hi Krista! I went a little nuts in September and ordered :P three times. I've received two of those orders so far, and each has taken only six business days to reach me (counting from the date shipped). My Sept 30th package shipped today, so I'm hoping it will reach me on the 29th. I'm in Vancouver, Canada BTW.

Something odd happened with my last package, I don't really know what to make of it. The envelope was cut open, but there was no Customs sticker/tape on it. As far as I know they are really stringent about notifying people that the packages have been opened ... I don't know what happened. The box itself was untouched so I am not too fussed ... it was weird, though. I'm a little creeped.

Hi Krista!  I went a little nuts in September and ordered :P three times.  I've received two of those orders so far, and each has taken only six business days to reach me (counting from the date shipped).  My Sept 30th package shipped today, so I'm hoping it will reach me on the 29th.  I'm in Vancouver, Canada BTW. 

Something odd happened with my last package, I don't really know what to make of it.  The envelope was cut open, but there was no Customs sticker/tape on it.  As far as I know they are really stringent about notifying people that the packages have been opened ... I don't know what happened.  The box itself was untouched so I am not too fussed ... it was weird, though.  I'm a little creeped.

I had an envelope with some soap in it sent to me that was also opened. There was no note. It was very obvious that it was deliberately opened, and it wasn't an accident. I am not too happy about that.

Ugh!  Did you report it?  I wasn't going to, but maybe I will now.  Are you in Canada, BTW?

Yes, I am in Canada. I'd report it, but I don't have the time to. It was kind of gross too, cause it was wrapped in plastic, and you could see that someone had squished it with their fingers trying to see what it was. There were fingerprints in it. The plastic bag it was in said "soap". :P

I also got the new US FDA regulations for packages. You can't even send GUM over the border without a prior notice. I thought we were supposed to be friends!

Edited by Krista

Hey Canadians, other international peeps, and lurking domestics who use PayPal ....

I ordered via PayPal on Oct. 27th and I haven't received the usual notice via e-mail that my order has shipped. I'm not too fussed because I know the Lab is smokin' busy, except that I see a bunch of my fellow Canadiennes have gotten their orders from that date.

My question for you all .... how many of you who ordered via PayPal on that date or after have received notices via e-mail that your orders were shipping? Wondering if the orders are being sent without that e-mail notice (i.e. my order might be on the way), or if my package is delayed at the Lab (I ordered single notes and discontinueds, so that might be it).

~~ Thanks in advance ~~

:P

I didn't receive a Puddin-n-Ship, but I know that my order from the same date is en route as of yesterday. Also, a little birdie told me (or perhaps Beth said it somewhere on the forums, but I don't remember where) that all of the "Xmas Rush" orders will have left the Labrats' hands by tomorrow (barring unforseen circumstances, of course), so I'm sure yours is in there somewhere! It might've already been shipped, even, and you'll get it sooner than you think! :D

Thanks Morrighana (and the splendid peep who mailed me :P)

I am so content with the oils I have (wearing Sugar Skull today), but I'm getting itchy to try those yummy Yule scents! I'm thinking Hearth and Egg Nog will warm up this cold rainy Vancouver winter.

Happy winter solstice, everyone!

I wanted to add this for anyone else who might be an international APO

Shipments to APOs sometimes take forever. I have no idea why. Maybe the post office is more careful in checking over military packages?

We don't have any specific policies for APOs. People at APO addys do not receive C&S notifications, as the post office requires that we treat them as if they were international shipments. We have to fill out the same forms and paperwork for them that we do with internationals, and we have to walk them in to a post office... no drops in the back or handing them off to a delivery guy.

I live at an APO address. I hope the lab is shipping mine in the regular US mail because my last order was classified as 'international' and I believe shipped separately, though the US mail ships to APO addresses. I haven't yet gotten my CnS for 11/13. If someone could better clarify BPAL's APO policies for me that would be great, or direct me where to post or e-mail, I'm pretty clueless.

I hope it arrives by Christmas. it's the only present I'm looking forward to :P

Gah! I'm wondering if my Oct 27th order is hung up in customs :P

Has everyone received their international yule orders? If so, did you receive an e-mail from the lab saying that it had been shipped (I haven't rec'd one, but I see from Morrighana's post above that they might not have been sent out this time)?

I don't want to mail the lab unnecessarily as I imagine the inbox is bursting ... but if the order has gone missing I don't want to wait too long.

~~ thanks in advance ~~

Mine hasn't arrived yet, either...customs is sitting on it! :P I'll post here when it does, though. :D

*crosses fingers for this week or early next!*

re: emails: I know the Lab had a problem or two with Tedwin's outgoing email server not sending stuff, so that is probably the cause of that particular problem.

Thanks Morrighana :P I'll wait a couple more weeks before I start getting antsy again! Luckily I have a few more drops of Fenris Wolf in my imp that will tide me over (whoo I love that stuff ... but I'll go gush in reviews instead!).

cheers, chin

I'm in the UK and part of one of Ctrlfreak's group orders. We're still waiting on our Yule order (which I believe was placed on October 27th) and a discontinueds order as well as our Cold Moon order. I believe there's also a Samhain order outstanding from October 13th as well (I didn't participate in that one). We're all getting very antsy about it. Ctrlfreak is in touch with the lab, but as a consequence of this situation several people have decided not to order again. It's not a total disaster for me but some people had christmas presents in the October 27th order. I know the lab was very busy and probably has a huge backlog to clear but this is rather disappointing, though it is still possible that customs have pounced on one of our orders.

Sorry to hear about your situation, Leapylees. I'm in the UK too. It is possible that customs have grabbed your order(s), since it sounds like they are large and of a high value.

If it goes any way towards persuading people in your group to order again, I have made monthly orders since April last year, and I have never had an order go missing. I have waited up to two months to recieve an order, but have always recieved them soon after the lab sends them.

Perhaps you could consider splitting your group into smaller groups, which would still reduce postage for you, but minimize the risk of customs nabbing them?

Perhaps you could consider splitting your group into smaller groups, which would still reduce postage for you, but minimize the risk of customs nabbing them?

That's probably a really good idea. I know that ApCat (the Lab's UK retailer) had more shipping and customs problems due to the size of their orders than the average consumer...

Two of us are doing an order together today in the hopes that we'll get it faster. I might also join in with the larger orders but only for things I can wait for. I can't put in orders myself as due to my credit card situation (second cardholder on two cards, don't have access to the account information etc.), setting up Paypal would be a huge amount of trouble involving multiple phone calls in addition to the fact that I don't trust Paypal (my partner had a bad experience last year). I've also been ordering from The Apothecary's Cat but for the time being I've bought nearly everything I want from there within their limited range.

Hrm. It seems that our outstanding October orders haven't actually shipped yet. Apparently they will be dispatched as soon as possible but I'm running out of patience to be honest. :P

Hrm. It seems that our outstanding October orders haven't actually shipped yet. Apparently they will be dispatched as soon as possible but I'm running out of patience to be honest. :P

I can understand sweetie *big hugs* My order of Sugar Skull (Samhain LE) and, my Snow White (Yule LE) didn't come until right before Christmas...within DAYS of each other arriving. I got antsy, angry, stressed/worried and irritated, to be honest.... You're not alone in feeling like that. :/ *hugs* I understood the Lab did their best, but, I felt like I was the LAST one to get their freaking order of the Sugar Skull! I was glad to get it before Christmas, mainly. I'm so sorry your order is taking so long! :/ I just wanted to say that and let you know you're not alone in feeling like that! *lots of hugs for you*

It sucks that it takes so long to get your order *Squeezes*

Edited by Pixie-elf

If it helps, my Oct 27th order to Canada was shipped out on January 18th. I'm relieved I'm not the only one! I thought perhaps it was something I did, but the lovely lab peeps were too nice to tell me :P

And, woo hoooooo ... I received it yesterday, only five business days later! All fabulous, and, as usual BRIMMING with imps. *love*

does everyone usually receive shipping notification via email? I haven't heard anything about my december 14th order. I emailed the lab last week just to confirm they received it in the first place, but.. no response.

I don't expect my order right away, by any means - I just worry that it was never processed (although paypal confirmed the payment), or somehow got lost in the clutter, or fell into the sock drawer of doom.

and no one likes the sock drawer of doom.

what should I do?

this is my first order, and I'm a bit concerned. :P

Hey there, I've rec'd shipping e-mails for the last ... hm .... six-seven months, say?

One thing to note for us international peeps is that even when Brian's "shipped through" thread is updated, as far as I know, it doesn't apply to us. The process for shipping internationally is more involved (and the lab has been frank that it's a bit of a pain in the ass) and IME it takes longer for the international packages to go out.

I'm sure it won't be long, enantiomorph :P

I wouldn't start "worrying" until at least 14 February. My 27 October order reached me on 23 December in the UK. Have a look at this thread to give you an idea of what's being shipped when. When you placed your order, did you get an automated response from the Lab saying your order was now in a queue to be processed? If not, you might want to e-mail them, but probably wait until February when the Customer Services Demon is back in place. :P

hey guys, thanks for the help! :P

brian emailed me saying that my order had be reshipped, so I feel very relieved. I can't wait to move back to southern california, because BPAL will be so freaking close. the one year I decide to spend abroad, I develop a domestic addiction. le sigh.