Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ivytoad

International Shipping Info+Questions

I noticed today that PayPal seem to have drastically reduced the comment box character capacity to the extent that NONE of my order actually went through - although the payment did.

I've emailed BPAL with the missing details (this is a $500 order, so it did need a fair bit of space), but if this is a new permanent thing with PayPal I'm a little concerned about how it bodes for future orders. Does anyone know any more about it?

I noticed that, too! I could barely get an order for 3 bottles and an imp pack in there, which is a rather small order, really. I think it is permanent. Let us know what the Lab says. It may be that, in the future, we have to email the Lab our order details and then send the money through PayPal (which is such a pain in the ass for the Lab!).

Will do! It does look permanent, but it's ridiculous. It can't just be BPAL and BPTP who process their international orders via PayPal. Like you say, it'd be a major headache for them. Rarrr!

I've emailed BPAL confirming the details of my order. I didn't realise there was a problem with PayPal until I finished the transaction because I tend to write out my orders in advance, then just add the names of the Lunacy oils and copy/paste the whole thing into the PayPal comments field.

I've also emailed PayPal asking them for clarification/explanation as to why they've reduced the comment characters capacity limit so very drastically.

I haven't heard from either yet, but I'll let you know! Well... all I need from BPAL is confirmation that my order hasn't vanished totally into the ether so that's not such a biggie, but this is really going to cause hassle with big orders if PayPal are keeping it this way. Booo.

Any news on this? I am getting ready for my big order of CD and Halloweenies (when they are up) and there won't be enough room for the whole order.

Booooooo PayPal!

Not really. I emailed them again a couple of days ago and got a sugar-coated slap on the wrist for being IMPATIENT and poking them after a week of silence.

However, I was told that PayPal exists to serve, *giggles*, and that my "very real" concerns would be passed on to the department that is responsible for such things as character limits. This was possibly three days ago. I'm just rushing out but will find the proper details in a bit.

I noticed yesterday that the limit is still 300 characters, unfortunately.

I suppose, in the meantime, all we can do is try and condense orders as much as possible, or send payment with something like "emailed order to follow" in the comments field, then email it through to the Lab. It's just so bloody messy doing it that way, but I can't think of an alternative since it's the only payment option we have for now.

Not really. I emailed them again a couple of days ago and got a sugar-coated slap on the wrist for being IMPATIENT and poking them after a week of silence.

However, I was told that PayPal exists to serve, *giggles*, and that my "very real" concerns would be passed on to the department that is responsible for such things as character limits. This was possibly three days ago. I'm just rushing out but will find the proper details in a bit.

I suppose, in the meantime, all we can do is try and condense orders as much as possible, or send payment with something like "emailed order to follow" in the comments field, then email it through to the Lab. It's just so bloody messy doing it that way, but I can't think of an alternative since it's the only payment option we have for now.

Thanks for the update! PayPal better exist to serve! Ha ha!

Possibly we could compile our orders in the ccnow cart and use the product codes that come up?

Please don't. If you use the product codes to order we will just have to email you and ask you what you wanted. :P

The best thing to do is just keep it simple. All we need is name and amount. Things like category and product code are not used when filling your order and can be left out when ordering.

Does anyone know how much shipping costs are for orders larger than 12 items going to Canada? I emailed the lab about it but I want to make an order before some of the blends go away on Aug 18. I'll probably wait till then to see if I hear from them but it would be nice to have a ballpark figure if anyone else knows.

ETA: Never mind. The lab explained it to me. :P *is silly*

Edited by trollgirl

Oh I am so annoyed! I just placed my first BPAL order via PayPal today since the 300 Character restrictions! it's so annoying.... I couldn't fit all my details in.... and it wasn't the biggest order I have done either!

Anyone got word back from PayPal yet?

Does anyone know if the "free shipment for an over $500 order" policy, applies to Internationals as well?

I have never done such a big order, I suppose the Customs Fees would be sky-high, but it would be good to know if it holds for us internationals too.

Thank you.

Does anyone know if the "free shipment for an over $500 order" policy, applies to Internationals as well?I have never done such a big order, I suppose the Customs Fees would be sky-high, but it would be good to know if it holds for us internationals too.Thank you.
Yes, it does. :P I've had two "free shipping" orders so far *nodsnods*.
Not really. I emailed them again a couple of days ago and got a sugar-coated slap on the wrist for being IMPATIENT and poking them after a week of silence.However, I was told that PayPal exists to serve, *giggles*, and that my "very real" concerns would be passed on to the department that is responsible for such things as character limits. This was possibly three days ago. I'm just rushing out but will find the proper details in a bit.I noticed yesterday that the limit is still 300 characters, unfortunately. I suppose, in the meantime, all we can do is try and condense orders as much as possible, or send payment with something like "emailed order to follow" in the comments field, then email it through to the Lab. It's just so bloody messy doing it that way, but I can't think of an alternative since it's the only payment option we have for now.
Oh I am so annoyed! I just placed my first BPAL order via PayPal today since the 300 Character restrictions! it's so annoying.... I couldn't fit all my details in.... and it wasn't the biggest order I have done either!Anyone got word back from PayPal yet?
Nothing more from me as yet. I'll post it as soon as I hear anying - IF I ever do. I'm a little pessimistic about anything being done, to be honest. But you never know - stranger things have happened.

First off, apologies if this is repetitive or in the wrong place!

I'm wondering what people's experiences with UK customs have been lately, because I've just placed an order with the lab for 5 lunacy bottles (my second ever order, and the first with bottles in! Yay!) My total came to just over $100 including shipping. Can anyone tell me the probability of customs men swooping on my package, and what kind of fees I'm looking at if they do? I know the Royal Mail will rip me off for a flat fee of £8.00 :P , but I can't for the life of me understand how the customs/import fees are calculated.

I'm not bitching about having to pay the fees (well, except the Royal Rip-off bastards!) 'cos the way I see it I've benefitted from the exchange rate, so fair enough. I would just like to know how much the fees are likely to come to so that I can have the cash to hand. (It's been a while since I felt the customs pinch - I'm assuming the posties still collect the fees on delivering one's mail?)

Thanks in advance for your help, guys! :D

Lumina, the Lab tends to undervalue the contents on the customs label and marks them as a gift. I've ordered about 6 times myself and never got caught out by customs. I've also been a part of big UK group orders and we've never had customs fees charged. So chances are you won't get charged any customs fees.

And if you happened to get a charge, you will get a letter from Royal Mail about it first, the postie won't charge you on delivery or anything, so it won't be a surprise.

Lumina - I put through a MASSIVE BPTP order, and 1 box got grabbed by Customs. It contained 7 L'Autunno sets and 1 Inverno set (to give you an idea). The customs charge was £10.81 (plus the Parcelforce 'handling fee' of £8).

This is the 2nd group order I've done myself and the 10th or so that I've been part of. Customs gets tons of parcels, so the odds are high on yours zooming through!

Hope that helps!

Lumina, the Lab tends to undervalue the contents on the customs label and marks them as a gift. I've ordered about 6 times myself and never got caught out by customs. I've also been a part of big UK group orders and we've never had customs fees charged. So chances are you won't get charged any customs fees.

And if you happened to get a charge, you will get a letter from Royal Mail about it first, the postie won't charge you on delivery or anything, so it won't be a surprise.

Thanks for replying! It's really cool of the lab to help us out like that - I'll remember for next time I order. (I would've ordered a load little more this time if I'd known. Still, at least this way my budget remains partially intact :P ) I'm glad Royal Mail lets people know in advance if there's fees, too. Good to know I won't be put on the spot :D

Lumina - I put through a MASSIVE BPTP order, and 1 box got grabbed by Customs. It contained 7 L'Autunno sets and 1 Inverno set (to give you an idea). The customs charge was £10.81 (plus the Parcelforce 'handling fee' of £8).

WOW! - that's a lot of goodies :D I'd have thought for that much stuff the customs charge would be higher, so I feel a lot more reassured about my own (comparatively puny) order now.

Thank you for your help! :D

er..I guess this is the right topic. :D

Canada Customs.

Yesterday I received my Snake Pit order. Unfortunately, I was also smacked with a fee from Canada Customs. A few people I've mentioned this to are sure this isn't normal, though I'm certain I've been hit with fees before (on non-BPAL related orders.) Is this normal for larger orders? Do I just have bad luck?

I've been crawling all over the CBSA website this afternoon and might have missed something... I don't want to make a fuss if it's a normal procedure for the CBSA.

:P Anyone know CBSA inside and out?

Canada Customs.

Yesterday I received my Snake Pit order. Unfortunately, I was also smacked with a fee from Canada Customs. A few people I've mentioned this to are sure this isn't normal, though I'm certain I've been hit with fees before (on non-BPAL related orders.) Is this normal for larger orders? Do I just have bad luck?

I've been crawling all over the CBSA website this afternoon and might have missed something... I don't want to make a fuss if it's a normal procedure for the CBSA.

I'd need to google this again and I don't quite have the time, but I remember looking this up and yes, orders over $20 or orders over $50 that are marked as a gift will receive $5/$8 as a base fee and then GST/PST on top of that.

Not every order will be caught by customs - some will sail right through - but yeah, we get to look forward to having our big BPAL orders receive that kinda treatment from now on (there's a note in the Announcements forum regarding Canada customs having stern words with the Lab - EDIT: here it is). There was a brief discussion about that in, I think, the latest Halloween thread as well.

Edited by Eyeska

Canada Customs.

I'd need to google this again and I don't quite have the time, but I remember looking this up and yes, orders over $20 or orders over $50 that are marked as a gift will receive $5/$8 as a base fee and then GST/PST on top of that.

Not every order will be caught by customs - some will sail right through - but yeah, we get to look forward to having our big BPAL orders receive that kinda treatment from now on (there's a note in the Announcements forum regarding Canada customs having stern words with the Lab - EDIT: here it is). There was a brief discussion about that in, I think, the latest Halloween thread as well.

Thank you Eyeska. I knew there was a discussion somewhere (I was in it, even...) but couldn't remember where it was.

Is there any way to do insured mail or registered mail or whatever it would be called when you're shipping overseas?

I ordered something from someone in the UK via ebay, and after 2 months, it still hasn't been received. I opened a complaint with ebay (which I didn't really WANT to do, because I truly believe that the person-- who's on the board here-- DID send it out... but I didn't want to miss the opportunity to get my money back because the deadline went past), and the person responded with something along the lines of "I'm not responsible for shipping problems. That's why I always state in my listings that you should use Royal Registered Mail" (or whatever the official name of the UK registered mail is). While I understand her point, I'm just curious if that's even an *option* when you're shipping internationally?

--M

Moryssa, yes there is. It costs £4.20 (about $9) on top of the normal Airmail price which is usually about £2-4 (or $4-6) for small items so it's really rare for anyone to use it because of the cost.

Has anyone ordered from the UK recently? I got a cns on 19th September and still no sign of my parcel. :P I've never waited longer than a week before, so I'm starting to worry that it's gone walkabout. Has anyone else waited this sort of time and still had the parcel turn up?

Thanks.

I got a Click'n'Ship-notification about that my wares would be shipped at 10/28. When do you think they will arrive, then? I live in sweden/europe. Someone who has a clue? Someone else ordering from any of the nordic countries?

Thanks!

I got a Click'n'Ship-notification about that my wares would be shipped at 10/28. When do you think they will arrive, then? I live in sweden/europe. Someone who has a clue? Someone else ordering from any of the nordic countries?

Thanks!

:P

I'm in Sweden too, and all my packages from the lab have arrived eight days after the "shipped by" date in the CnS. That said, I've ordered from other US-based e-tailers where shipping was way slower, sometimes up to a month. So, basically, it varies, but expect a week at least.

/Frida

Thanks!

:D

I'm in Sweden too, and all my packages from the lab have arrived eight days after the "shipped by" date in the CnS. That said, I've ordered from other US-based e-tailers where shipping was way slower, sometimes up to a month. So, basically, it varies, but expect a week at least.

/Frida

Alright. This is the eight day for me, then. What if I gets it tomorrow? I can't hope for too much, or I'll be disappointed when it doesn't arrive. I'm so very curious, and the mail doesn't arrive until 1:00 pm! I'll want to rush home and tear the mailbox wide open, as to perhaps find a precious gem in it. :P

:P

/Frida

(emphasis mine)

*Pain* I live in CANADA, and I've been waiting since I got my CnS on the 16th.

I just may have to commit postpersonicide. Or maybe customsicide. Seriously, how can it take so long to get something across the border? *grumbles* Amazon does it all the time . . . maybe there's bribery involved.

Point of this rant? Canada Post is Teh Ebil. *nodnod* And I want my bpaaaaaaal! (First order!)