Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ivytoad

International Shipping Info+Questions

I've just made my first international order but had to use my old US Paypal because it wasn't allowing me to register a new account. I explained this in my order & payed the fees for intl shipping. I received my Click N Ship and the shipped to address is my address in the states; it only says this because it is the address in my Paypal file, yes? What email address should I use to contact the lab about this?

Did you give your int'l address in the comments when you made the order? You should see if Paypal will let you add the address to your "shipped to" options even if it can't be your primary, to avoid future mixups. You can usually select "no shipping address" when you send payments, rather than letting it automatically attach an address that is incorrect, as well.

You should definitely contact answers (at) blackphoenixalchemylab (dot) com with your order info right away, it may not have been picked up by the post office yet.

If it has, do you know the people at your old address still? Any chance they'd be able to forward your package for you?

I did include my UK address in the comments. The American one is my family's house :P it's just a waste of postage to have to send it twice. I'll email the lab and double check on things, thanks!

ETA: email has been sent! And I did have the thought to check my confirmation number and it seems the box was shipped on Wednesday. If only it could tell me where it was going to!

Edited by heysunshine

No response from the Lab yet (of course it was the weekend & it's still v. early in California) but apparently my box arrived at my family's in New York today :P

Wow, this moving to a new country is making me feel like a BPAL newbie all over again! :P

Here is my question:

In the Lab FAQ, it states that international customers should email the Lab for a shipping quote, which I did several days ago. (My order is larger than the 12-item amount for which rates are mentioned in the FAQ.) I was just wondering if anyone knows how long it usually takes to get a shipping quote reply, as I haven't seen any response yet...

Well, my question has been answered -- I arrived at the net cafe today to find that I had an email reply from customer service. :P

I have a question I hope that someone here could answer for me.

I am in Canada, I ordered as per the website, by making a paypal transaction for the total and sending it to the correct address with the order details in the paypal notes.

I have not receoved any email reply of any kind except the one from paypal stating that my transaction was sucessful. I placed my order 4 days ago. Is this normal?

Thank you for your reply, I am new to the site and tried searching but found no information on it. If someone could direct me to a link on how the 'Click n Ships' work as well it would be most appreciated.

:P

A while back there used to be an automated e-mail response from the site when you ordered, but it honestly was probably redundant, considering you also got one from paypal two second before.

So yes, it's perfectly normal to only get the paypal confirmation. You'll get a Click-n-Ship confirmation once your order ships out from the Lab.

Hope that helps!

A while back there used to be an automated e-mail response from the site when you ordered, but it honestly was probably redundant, considering you also got one from paypal two second before.

So yes, it's perfectly normal to only get the paypal confirmation. You'll get a Click-n-Ship confirmation once your order ships out from the Lab.

Hope that helps!

Thanks Maewitch!

Question for those from Asia/Philippines: How long does it take for your orders to arrive?

I'm not sure if there's a thread for this or if I just ask here.

The new Guppies vs Whippoorwills fan packs.. are they considered an item and included with the international shipping rates on the website ($11 to Canada) or is there some other shipping fee for them, are they considered large orders, etc?

I could email the lab but I don't want to bother them if someone here knows. :P

I'm not sure if there's a thread for this or if I just ask here.

The new Guppies vs Whippoorwills fan packs.. are they considered an item and included with the international shipping rates on the website ($11 to Canada) or is there some other shipping fee for them, are they considered large orders, etc?

I could email the lab but I don't want to bother them if someone here knows. :P

Trading Post shipping rates are different from Lab shipping rates. You'll need to send Puddin an email (check the Trading Post FAQ's for the addy) to get the shipping rate for that.

My query's similar to hadaverde's from a couple of months ago.

Could somebody in the UK give me some shipping cost advice if ordering over 12 items? I'm looking to get moving on CD blends over the next few months, starting with this one. I HAVE emailed the lab a couple of times over the past week, but they're naturally up to their eyeballs with stuff so I don't want to poke at them any more.

What I'm hoping to do is order CD sets over the coming months until they go away. I'm going to be able to get free orders on a couple of them, but not all and, for the most part, the sets are in quantities of 13+ bottles so they're just outside the $13 shipping rate.

In a rambly way, what's the next price up and up to how many bottles from 13 will it cover me for?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Tulliver

I'm in Australia, not the UK but we also pay $13 for 12 items or less. The Lab has in the past quoted me $22 postage for 13 - 24 items and that's how much postage I paid the Lab last month for my order which was 16 items. Of course it may differ to the UK but that might give you a ballpark. :P

Could somebody in the UK give me some shipping cost advice if ordering over 12 items? I'm looking to get moving on CD blends over the next few months, starting with this one. I HAVE emailed the lab a couple of times over the past week, but they're naturally up to their eyeballs with stuff so I don't want to poke at them any more.

What I'm hoping to do is order CD sets over the coming months until they go away. I'm going to be able to get free orders on a couple of them, but not all and, for the most part, the sets are in quantities of 13+ bottles so they're just outside the $13 shipping rate.

In a rambly way, what's the next price up and up to how many bottles from 13 will it cover me for?

Thanks in advance!

I'm in Australia, not the UK but we also pay $13 for 12 items or less. The Lab has in the past quoted me $22 postage for 13 - 24 items and that's how much postage I paid the Lab last month for my order which was 16 items. Of course it may differ to the UK but that might give you a ballpark. :D

Thanks in advance!

Oooh, that sounds promising. Thank you! :P I know it goes up to as much as $30, but that's for around 30 bottles, so... it sounds feasible, yes.

Thanks again!

I've just asked the lab shipping would be for 15 bottles to the UK and the response was that, as 15 would be just about on the 'might fit in the box might not fit in the box' boundary, I should pay $13 with my order and then if they need to put it in the next box up they will contact me and ask for the difference. I don't know if that helps at all?

Edited by Ajila

Ahhhh, that's brilliant! Okay. So even if I didn't pay enough, they wouldn't just cancel the order. Coolness. I just feel really squirmily annoying contacting them yet again when I've done it twice already, you know? I know they WILL get back to me when they can and it's madly busy.

Thank you so much for that!

For international orders,

2 imp packs (12 imps) = 1 item

1 bottle = 1 item

Am I right? This is according to the bpal website. Someone told me

1 imp pack = 1 item

Now Im so confused.

1 bottle = 1 item

1 imp pack = 1 item

Now Im so confused.

I think they changed it because the postage prices went up, d00d. When I first ordered an imp pack, it was one item, but I'm pretty sure it's now two, and if that's what the website is saying, I'd go with that.

Ahhhh, that's brilliant! Okay. So even if I didn't pay enough, they wouldn't just cancel the order. Coolness. I just feel really squirmily annoying contacting them yet again when I've done it twice already, you know? I know they WILL get back to me when they can and it's madly busy.

Thank you so much for that!

In an email exchange regarding an international shipping cost request about an order I placed recently, Bill the Customer Service Deity advised me that if I was not sure about whether or not an order would exceed the item limit, it is indeed permissible to place the order with the base $13 international shipping amount included, in addition to sending a customer service email to ask about actual shipping cost, especially if items included in the order are LEs that will be taken down in short order (i.e., Lunacy blends or any other LEs that are nearing their availability end-date). That way, the order gets submitted before the availability deadline passes, and if additional shipping costs are required, you can send them along in a supplementary payment after the Lab has gotten back to you about postage specifics.

The direct quote from my email exchange with Bill is as follows:

You can always send your order in with $13.00 postage included, and we can contact you if additional funds are needed. The important thing is that you have to get your order in while the items are still available.

With regard to carrying out that suggestion, I have a couple thoughts -- mind you, the next two suggestions included in this post are my own, not the Lab's, but seem to be a good exercise in common sense:

1. Include the particulars of your order (PayPal transaction ID, etc.) in your shipping cost request message to customer service.

2. Include some sort of brief note with your payment/order, indicating that you understand shipping costs may exceed the amount you've included in your payment, and that you've sent a request to the CS email address for further info -- not necessarily anything fancy, something along the lines of "I've emailed for a shipping cost quote, please contact me if additional funds are necessary".

1 bottle = 1 item

1 imp pack = 1 item

Now Im so confused.

I've managed to avoid the whole headache of attempting to determine an accurate item total by simply listing out the entire contents of my intended order in the email wherein I request the shipping quote. That way, the Lab has a more specific idea of what will be going into the box, and if I happened to miscount, it's no big deal. :P

For international orders,2 imp packs (12 imps) = 1 item 1 bottle = 1 itemAm I right? This is according to the bpal website. Someone told me1 imp pack = 1 itemNow Im so confused.
I think they changed it because the postage prices went up, d00d. When I first ordered an imp pack, it was one item, but I'm pretty sure it's now two, and if that's what the website is saying, I'd go with that.
Yeah, according to the Lab site, 2 imp packs are 1 item, which means you're covered up to 24 imp packs at the base shipping rate. This was confirmed to me by Bill when I was making my first ever Lab order last August and I'm sure nothing's changed since then. :P
Ahhhh, that's brilliant! Okay. So even if I didn't pay enough, they wouldn't just cancel the order. Coolness. I just feel really squirmily annoying contacting them yet again when I've done it twice already, you know? I know they WILL get back to me when they can and it's madly busy.Thank you so much for that!
In an email exchange regarding an international shipping cost request about an order I placed recently, Bill the Customer Service Deity advised me that if I was not sure about whether or not an order would exceed the item limit, it is indeed permissible to place the order with the base $13 international shipping amount included, in addition to sending a customer service email to ask about actual shipping cost, especially if items included in the order are LEs that will be taken down in short order (i.e., Lunacy blends or any other LEs that are nearing their availability end-date). That way, the order gets submitted before the availability deadline passes, and if additional shipping costs are required, you can send them along in a supplementary payment after the Lab has gotten back to you about postage specifics.The direct quote from my email exchange with Bill is as follows:
You can always send your order in with $13.00 postage included, and we can contact you if additional funds are needed. The important thing is that you have to get your order in while the items are still available.
With regard to carrying out that suggestion, I have a couple thoughts -- mind you, the next two suggestions included in this post are my own, not the Lab's, but seem to be a good exercise in common sense:1. Include the particulars of your order (PayPal transaction ID, etc.) in your shipping cost request message to customer service.2. Include some sort of brief note with your payment/order, indicating that you understand shipping costs may exceed the amount you've included in your payment, and that you've sent a request to the CS email address for further info -- not necessarily anything fancy, something along the lines of "I've emailed for a shipping cost quote, please contact me if additional funds are necessary".
Thanks a lot for that, hon. I actually kept this month's below maximum, just to be sure. But future ones definitely won't be since I'm concentrating on the Carnaval before it goes and... what can I say? Ahahahaha. I will have to get sets of more than one act, plus backups of a few individual blends. So yes. And your suggestions sound spot on to me. I think that's an excellent idea. :D

Yeah, according to the Lab site, 2 imp packs are 1 item, which means you're covered up to 24 imp packs at the base shipping rate. This was confirmed to me by Bill when I was making my first ever Lab order last August and I'm sure nothing's changed since then. :D

you may be right, but postage rates, including international rates, i believe, just went up in the US last week, so something has changed. i just don't know if it will impact on international shipping from the lab or not.

i think hadaverde's advice was sound. when in doubt, order as usual but shoot an email to customer service for confirmation of rates. they're super helpful and understanding and we love them. :P

How long does it take for an order to arrive? My order was shipped on 15 May, but, I still don't have it. Should I worry?