Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ivytoad

International Shipping Info+Questions

Tempete, I have nothing to add but wanted to cross-post a big thank you for being so thoughtful!

I've lived in Canada for most of my life, and I remember what a hassle it is to order stuff from the U.S. And how annoying it is to wait for your packages to clear Customs... It's no biggie - just want to make sure everyone gets their BPAL fix!

I've lived in Canada for most of my life, and I remember what a hassle it is to order stuff from the U.S.  And how annoying it is to wait for your packages to clear Customs...  It's no biggie - just want to make sure everyone gets their BPAL fix!

I have to say, Tempete, that is so sweet of you to offer to do that! That's very generous, and I just needed to say it... :P

If only I lived in Canada I'd ask you! LOL. You're a sweetheart for offering to do that for people, I'm not going to be surprized if you get a lot of responses... LOL

Good luck!

Mystina

Aha, that's where I saw the "one month" timeline. Thanks O'dessa! Since the article is from Oct. 18th, one month is not so bad! If they are able to do it, that is.

*trying to be optimistic*

I'm thinking that if I order on Wednesday, and the processing time is normal, then it might not be a big deal. LOL the rest of the continent will be able to smell us Western Canadian chicks after we get our eager little hands on our postal backlog of BPAL goodness!

Hi again -

I just sent a similar email to Beth and Nella but thought to post it here as well.

I was wondering if the inetrnationals can get an update on the status of halloween orders before you guys leave today. It doesn't have to be specific - just a general email saying whether they have been shipped or not.

Thanks!

Do you sell internationally?

YES! Unfortunately, due to the limitations of our current credit card processing system we can only accept PayPal for any orders placed outside of the United States, Canada included.

I just wondered whether this means that people outside the US cant send a cheque. I figured it must only be paypal but it says credit card processing, and cheques are usually debit based and not credit.

Can anyone help? xxx

AFAIK, personal cheques and money orders are ok as long as they are cashable without fees in the US. That means that those drawn on Canadian banks are not ok, but postal money orders and cheques printed for US dollars (if you have such things) are fine.

hey guys, i emailed nella to see whether it would be possible to have a fedex option for canadian orders.

Just to warn you, you may have to pay brokerage fees in addition to tax and duties when you get your Fedex package. Expedited shipping services such as UPS and Fedex use brokers to get their packages quickly across the border, but the end receiver has to pay for that service. I once had to pay $25 on a UPS package containing a lipstick and an eyeshadow worth about $30 :P

This details Fedex brokerage charges that was posted in this discussion of brokerage charges.

Edited by tempete

Hey Western Canadian peeps! I have some confusing yet wonderful news. I got home last night and found ... MY BPAL PACKAGE that had been shipped on October 20th! I don't know how or why it didn't get caught up in the backlog, but, as they say, I should probably not look a gift horse in the mouth.

Needless to say I am a very very happy sniffy chick :P

How are we usually told that our order has been shipped? I am waiting on two orders. One I should expect now, and one in about a month. (One is the halloween order, done on the 1st of October) I know when Kyliem did her order, she was told via the forum it had been shipped. My previous order, Nella emailed me. So I am confused! Should I check my junk box, or the forum?

Hi Caserina! I think it depends on how you made your order (though I could be wrong). If you use PayPal, I think that the lab peeps have started to send e-mail notifications when the orders are shipped. I got a notification like that for my Sept. 10th order on Oct. 20th, and I received the package about a week later (I'm in Canada).

I have a couple of Sept. orders in the pipe, Sept 22nd and Sept 30th, and I have not received any shipping notifications yet. I imagine it'll be soon!

Hope that helps a little :P

Just a FYI for Canadian peeps, it seems that the Customs SNAFU is cleared up. I rec'd a notice from the lab that my Sept 22nd order was shipped on Nov 8th, and I rec'd it six business days later (same as the pkg I referred to above).

Life is good and I smell great :P

Holy smokes, I have to tell you guys a cautionary tale ...

I forgot to pay shipping on my Sept 22nd PayPal order! I am totally mortified - but I thought I would tell you all, because it is so easy to miss something like that when you're paying by PayPal and adding up your own grand total to send.

The only reason I know is that I mailed Nella to ask about something completely different - a voucher / missing bottle issue - and she pointed out to me that I was short. I was all confused, because she didn't mention shipping at first, but after a bit more back-and-forth she told me that I had not paid shipping on my order.

I WAS MORTIFIED!! OK I know, I already said that ... but seriously, BPAL is a small business and the thought that I had shorted them was just terrible.

Anyway - my point here is that if I hadn't mailed about my voucher issue, those crazy generous lab peeps may never have let me know that I'd shorted them, they would have just sucked up the cost! I know that none of us would do that intentionally, so I am just writing to say ... be careful, PayPal-paying-peeps! It's easy to make a mistake :P

:P I would've been mortified too!

I can totally see myself forgetting something like that, though, so I'm always extra anal when I'm typing up my orders. I always show all of my math, as if it is a grade school math test! :D The bottom of my order always has something to the effect of

(__5mLsx$12.5=___)+(__10mLsx$19.5=___)+(___items shipping=____ ala Nella's international shipping calculator)=$______

which I go over about eight times before sending it in. :D :D

I am far too suggestible.

I just spent the past 10 minutes trying to find proof that I included the shipping fee with my last order. I did, but though I received confirmation from the lab that they received the order, I apparently never got the receipt from PayPal. It's on the website, however.

No one mention irons. Or ask whether I locked the office door when I left.

:P

First off, I wanted to say this thread was very helpful to me!

I have to send a package to Canada (which, I'm not sure if it's in the area customs had problems...I came here to check...) but if this thread wouldn't have been here, I would have had no idea the problem cleared up! Thanks guys! :P

--Mystina

So from what I read, it takes about a week once our order has been sent to arrive? I just got an email that my order will be shipped tomorrow (Monday, Nov 22nd) , so I might just receive it by next Tuesday!? :P I hope so! I have about 25 imps right now, but this is my first official lab order!!!!!