Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
fairnymph

Kiss Amongst Discarded Tissues

Blackberry, white gardenia, burnt mandarin rind, Indian musk, khus, and white musk.

Light gardenia, white musk, and mandarin on my skin. A very light refreshing citrus blend. I'm going to need to think seriously about purchasing a bottle of this blend. Edited by angelicruin

Oh my. From the start, in the decant and wet on my skin I smell blackberries. Rich, ripe blackberries, in a deep forest, on a warm day, but not too long after a rainfall. As this dries the blackberries remain, but with just a hint of lemon, and the musk creeping through to hold things together. If I try really hard I can see how some people might be getting a cleanser note, but I'm enjoying this scent far too much to let myself think of it that way. Delicious!

This smells like suntan lotion with a bit of weird wood. Very strange and light. Doesn't actually smell like much to me...

So, fresh on skin it's the really light blend. White musk, Gardenia, Orange Rind. I think oh, this is super girly. Sniff again a moment later, and the orange rind is most certainly burnt- which I really like. It gives it this odd level of depth in one little note that intrigues me. I had no idea what Khus was (I should really look these things up first) and when I discovered it was Vetiver (which I've never liked) I was shocked. So, this Khus note is so light and barely there, I didn't even notice it. It must add a little grit, without that nose-stinging sharpness I attribute to vetiver on me.

For me, this scent does a lot of stages. Started out girly, then got a little twisted. Then it got really perfumy (most lighter notes do this on me. Start out crisp and clean, then go perfume on my ass.) it wasn't entirely unpleasant, it just wasn't really a me scent. As more time goes on, the lightness vanished and was replaced by nothing but musks. Dark and gritty. I didn't think it was very masculine- just a very strong female.

Overall, it was an interesting blend. Gardenia went perfume with the indian musk I assume. The burnt orange rind was probably the best part of this scent. If I see it listed elsewhere, I'm certainly giving it a try. The Khus wasn't obvious (thankfully). Oh yeah, blackberry. Didn't catch that anywhere in any of the stages. How disappointing : /

So, this will be traded. But I can certainly see some people really loving this. This made me think of my grandma (not saying it's a grandmotherly scent! My grandma is quite modern) and I think she'd just love it. Maybe I'll let her try it instead of trading it :3.

ohw wow. not my style. AT ALL :blink:

I can only smeel that darn mandarin!

where is the gardenia I've been dreaming of so long..

blackberry is also not very good for my skin and khus is simply horrifying :unsure:

too, bad but no bottle and I will try to swap what I have

Edited by Shollin
Removed Lab description --Shollin

This is very odd indeed.

When I sniff the imp, I get a nice sweet scent. Soft. A little fruity, a little floral.

When I first swipe it on: Hellooooo LEMONHEADS! All I get is lemon smell. Bright, clean, super tart lemons.

As it dries, the lemon gets a little more subtle, but it doesn't budge to let any other note come out to play. Disappointing too, since I was looking forward to the blackberry/Indian musk combo.

Oh wait, if I hold my wrist out from my nose, I get a faint hint of that softness from first sniff. Not bad, but I'm holding out for Skytyping as my lemony scent. I'll keep the imp to see if the lemon dies down at some point.

In the imp: Very strong. Floral. Sweet.

On skin: Still strong. Lot's of throw. Still very SWEET smelling. I guess it's blackberry, I'm not quite sure. I get a hint of gardenia and a whiff of something citrus.

Dry: Still kicking. Flowers and sugar. That's all I get.

I'm really not diggin this. :(

I get a very strong mandarin, which I love- one of my favorite notes. It's sweet-tart, but then goes gently burnt, which I guess is the khus. Written out, it sounds unpleasant but this is very nice. The gardenia supports the scent, keeping it feminine on me, but the musks and khus do appear to balance this. I and back and forth between this & Lovers In A Carp Streamer as my favorite Shungas for the year, and Shungas always seem to be my favorite LEs. This will be really interesting to wear as time goes on and it ages, as I suspect the mandarin will recede a bit as well.

ITB:Major mandarin (but I get a fresh scent), some blackberry, and some muskiness coming in as a subtle undernote.

Wet: I get just about the same, but with a little more blackberry, but the muskiness is hard to distinguish at this point.

Dry: I get blackberry and gardenia. I haven't applied it too long ago, but already it seems to be fading very quickly. I like it, but I wish it had more staying power.

This is so uplifting on a dreary, cold winter day. Sexy in a bright, fun, bubbly way. Lemon sugar with blackberries and flora from the gardenia. This reminds me of a beautiful afternoon with warm sun..on a walk..picking berries among fields of flowers. Innocently bright with undeliable throw that begs you to get closer.

All I get is acrid SHARP wood--I think it's the khus and burnt mandarin rind. Ugh, had to immediately scrub it off, but it's tenacious and won't come off. >_< Off to the swap pile.

ITI: Blackberry, musk, and gardenia - lovely!

Wet: Blackberry, gardenia and something a little like berry. There might be a little mandarin as well.

Dry: Deliciously sweet blackberry, mandarin, and gardenia. It's still luscious and something I would love to have a bottle of.

Wet: Holy musty musk, Bat Man! And then the fruit starts coming in. The mandarin rind really is burnt....the blackberry is tangy. This is interesting and different, but thus far not something I want to wear.

Dry: The Indian Musk in this reminds me of the Moroccan Musk in The Raptures and Roses of Vice - but that's its only redeeming quality on my skin. The burnt orange is just terrible on me. Others who don't have chemistry issues with orange will likely have better luck with this. That musk is gorgeous!