Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
capnlizaveta

Beanman & Beanwoman Prepare to Attack the Vagina

Skin musk, white amber, ambergris, orange blossom, ylang ylang, and coconut milk.

I just received a sniffie of this in trade and am totally surprised at how much I like it, given my general disinterest in coconut scents. The combination keeps the coconut in check but allows it to shine softly. It's a very gentle scent.

ITI: Clean skin musk, orange blossom, and ylang ylang. It's somewhat floral, but soft and clean smelling.

Wet: The orange blossom and skin musk are more dominant but the ylang ylang adds a feminine tone to the scent, while the coconut evens everything out and provides a warm, sensuous base.

Dry: The ylang ylang has turned somewhat soapy, but the coconut milk and skin musk mellow everything down, making it a subtle, feminine scent that would be perfect for anyone.

Hm. Based on those notes, I expected to either love this or hate it. Like, amber sometimes goes powdery, and coconut sometimes smells like plastic, and ylang ylang is almost always way too sweet and ruins a blend for me, and ambergris is sometimes powdery too... yikes, now that I'm writing this out, I wonder why the hell I wanted to try this. I like orange blossom, but those other notes are always iffy. Welp, I'm often confusing, even to myself.

What I got out of it is a soft, lightly coconut (and I do mean a bare hint), perfumey musk. It's sweet, pretty, and unfortunately awfully generic. It smells to me like the type of perfume someone would wear if she doesn't have much of a preference about what perfume she wears. Like, "Oh, I'll just pick a super bland one so I don't stand out at all." And that, for sure, is not my style.

Wet: OMG. I immediately slather on more. Musky coconut (which is a combo I LOVE) with hints of tropical ylang ylang. It smells like expensive sunscreen (which I also love) and summer and the beach and everything good in this world.

Dry: I knew I would love this, and I was not wrong. Musky coconut, not too sweet or strong. A great skin scent. It smells like summer, and it makes me so happy.

I am testing this to wear to my OB/GYN appointment. Once the idea struck me, I was physically unable to choose any other perfume.

The scent in the imp is clean, maybe even soapy skin with coconut and a soft floral note of ylang ylang. As I apply, there's an immediate, bright pop of orange blossom that passes quickly. On drydown, the effect is a a breezy, coconutty, beachy perfume. Not exciting but sometimes you just want to feel like a lady sitting on a quiet beach with a big sunhat, and this is a good one for that.

I concur with the above review that this smells like an expensive coconut-scented lotion; there is a distinctly creamy tone to the scent.