Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
capnlizaveta

Beanman & Beanwoman Prepare to Attack the Vagina

Skin musk, white amber, ambergris, orange blossom, ylang ylang, and coconut milk.

Wet- green, fresh cut daffodil stems
Dry - I'm getting the snow white comparisons with a touch of the coconut sun lotion.
Later the musk appears,this is a beautiful unique blend. I don't get the orange blossom or amber at all, just creamy coconut musk.

Okay skin....what the hell is going on? :think: you are supposed to hate coconut milk...and ambergis are not our friends. But this....this stuff is glorious. It does smell like fresh cut daffodils and cool suntan lotion. It can be a little perfumey....but on the right day this could be lovely. I think I need a partial.

As soon as I put this on, I immediately felt like I had smelled this before. It was a sniff I had sniffed before, at another place and time.

First applied, the coconut milk jumps out and is smooth, creamy and a bit sweet. No suntan lotion here. It morphs really fast though. The ambergris jumps out as a cool, almost aquatic type of scent. It's very clean and a bit sharp. The Ylang is right behind it. A heady floral that is light yet in your face. The coconut milk is still right behind these two, creaming it up in a tropical way.

I finally placed it. This smells a lot like Isle of Eden's Monoi Euphoria. :blush: I apologize greatly for comparing the two companies but that's what it reminds me of. I, in no way, encourage the purchasing of said Monoi Euphoria.

That is all.

Oh my, this is absolutely lovely. It has a little bit of sharpness from the orange blossom, but otherwise it is a very creamy light floral, with the skin musk keeping it more like a skin scent than perfume. I'm hoping that the sharpness will age out a bit, but even if it doesn't, this is a new favorite. The coconut doesn't go sunscreen-y on me.... it stays in the background, adding a bit of sweetness.

Surprising, this has good throw and staying power - 10 hours after I tested, I could still smell a hint of it.

I was very kindly frimped a decant of this in a recent forum sale (although I have a bottle on order that will be here tomorrow!!!! :dance: )

and, at first I really didn't know what to think. I tried it and was really unsure about the smell. I can't really remember what I thought inititally, but I was pretty apprehensive at first.

The next time I wore it, I layered it with Giant Vulva, which is, I found out, an amazing marriage! Bean Man and Beanwoman prepare to attack the GIANT VULVA??? Indeed, they do, because on me, this turns into sweet vanilla cake but somehow without being foodie??? I don't know how, but, it's amazing.

today i tried it on it's own again and I really love it. Its a nice floral coconutty, creamy smell that doesn't smell anything like the sun lotion or flower stems others are reporting...although I could see why folks might liken it to snow white...I really dislike SW, so I'm glad I'm not getting much of that vibe here. I actually get more of a springtime feel form this, which is awesome cuz I feel like a lot of the scents I normally gravitate to are too heavy for warmer weather. I also appreciate that this one settles down to a scent close to the skin, which is my preference in perfume. Yes, so glad I took a chance on this cuz it is really beautiful!

I knew I would love this scent based on the notes alone...this is sooooooooooo sexy! When first applied, it's a very sharp amber tinged skin musk...but this quickly softens (and softens BEAUTIFULLY!) and blends gorgeously well with the coconut milk and ylang ylang. A total winner!!! Oh man, I'm gonna go buy me a big one of this!! :wub2: :wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

This was one I hoped would be lovely on me, and it wasn't. It started well, creamy pale with a bit of ambergris (I love ambergris) shuffling along behind, but as soon as it dried the skin musk, coconut milk, and ylang ylang opened up and it became too sweet and a bit overly musky very fast. It's a very sexual scent, and I definitely agree that it has some similarities to Snow White, but the sexiness is not of the type that I find appealing, and it lacks the cool prettiness of the princess. I'm learning pretty quickly that skin musk is not a good note for me in almost anything.

It did last for several hours, with only a moderate throw, and faded very quietly and politely.

:ugh:

This was the one of this year's Lupes that I'd really REALLY wanted to work on me. Musk, amber, orange blossom and ylang ylang are all beloved notes of mine. But I also was worried about that coconut death-note, because Beth's coconut fails me EVERY SINGLE TIME.

And sure enough.... it's killed this one too: A strong, plastic-y, chemically and heavily perfumed lotion smell.

I agree with Venneh above, if your skin doesn't like coconut - AVOID this.

I'm going to the washroom immediately after posting this to wash it off.... I feel a migraine coming on.... :(

ps. and it doesn't wash off easily either. damn.

Edited by rawgirl75

I waited a few weeks before trying this, mainly because when I smelled it from the bottle, it seemed nice, but it seemed so light that I figured it would disappear almost immediately. I was definitely wrong! I can still smell a bit of this on my wrists 14 hours after application. It has fantastic staying power, but it settles pretty close to the skin after an hour or two. On me, this is a deliciously creamy orange blossom and coconut scent with hints of skin musk. I can't really pin down what skin musk actually smells like, but I get the same feel for that particular note that I get in Bengal - it's almost like a note that just makes everything else smell better. Wow, how's that for an unhelpful description? I like it very much and I'll definitely be keeping this.

This is very fruity to me. Not citrus it's more...nectarine or peach? I'm wondering if it's the musk and amber mixing that gets this way for me. Either way, I LOVE it. Very sexy but not like O or Smut which just smell like sex to me.

What sealed the deal on me getting a bottle was someone saying this is a sexier Snow White. I adore snow white and I agree that I get a little of her in this.

I would recommend this for someone that likes fruity scents. It might just be my chemistry, but that is the most I get from it.

This begins as strong ylang-ylang, almost a single note. Salty ambergris then starts to come out and then I get coconut and orange blossom--NICE! The skin musk here strengthens the other note and that ambergris keeps the sweetness of the coconut in check. I didn't think this was going to work with all that ylang-ylang but the drydown is much more complex and pretty.

Oh, this is wonderful! :wub2:

It's orangey, the most orangey scent that we can all get our hands on yet. But it's not VERY orangey -- it's orange hidden inside a cloud of soft musk, with wisps of coconut swirling through it. And later on, when it's all settled and morphed, it's hardly possible to pick out anything, except that it's a warm haze of awesomeness and sexayness. I think I'm gonna need a bottle. :)

On the skin: Oh, no. Soap. It smells like soap at first, but now it smells like orange blossom! Nice! There is a slightly aquatic hint that must be the ambergris. Huh, not liking this one anymore. I am getting a strong blast of coconut. Eeep.

This one morphs hugely on me. In the decant and wet on my skin this has a very strong scent that I can't quite pin down, but I can say is not entirely pleasant. After forcing myself to wait for drydown, though, it changes, turning into a strong, but rather nice sun block scent. Later still that scent mellows into something slightly different and more subtly floral. Rather pretty, actually, but not really me. I'll have to see if it grows on me in future trials.

When I first apply it, it's all orange blossom and ylang ylang. As it dries, it turns into a very well-blended scent, so that the only individual note I can pick out is the orange blossom. The end result is something creamy and clean-smelling, sort of like lotion, tinged with a little orange blossom.

I'm getting mostly coconut milk, amber and ambergris. There was some orange blossom earlier, but that has disappeared. The musk is also really light on me - I can kind of tell it's there, but it's not a really dominant note. This is really pretty, but there's something about it that doesn't feel like "me," so I will probably just stick with my decant.

I know this won't be all that helpful because I can't say much about specific notes, but I can say that as a whole this blend is AMAZING. It reminds me of everything I love about Giant Vulva, Hony Mone, and Elegba. Fresh, sweet, and 100% beutiful. Coconut without being suntan lotion, sweet without being cloying... amber and musk without being heavy. This is just about perfect, and now has a place in my top ten list.

This scent also reminds me a lot of a perfume I loved very much when I was younger called Sand and Sable (described in reviews as green, gardenia, and beachy). I thought at first it was just a fluke, but every time I wear it I have the same association. I'll gladly buy bottles of Beanman & Beanwoman instead.

Edited by strahlend

Yes. Yes. YES!

First wet, it is very pleasant and creamy, with a touch of suntan lotion - but not an aggressive Banana Boat way. I guess fresh coconut and skin will always have a bit of that feel.

As it dries, it becomes an incredibly delicious creamy skin musk scent. It's :thud: I love and adore cream scents, and this totally made up for my crushing disappointment with Chaste Moon 2010. Coconut milk. Yesssss. Precioussssssss.

The comparisons to Snow White scared me, because that one started nice on me and without fail turned oddly melted plastic. Beanman does have a similar feel as Snow White, but without any of the badness. Same musks perhaps.

I dabbed some on to test last night, and my 2 year old came over and said (in the very exaggerated toddler way) "MMMMM. That smells GOOD!" And started to huff my arm, repeating "Yummy lotion!" He has never done that before! So, I gave him some and he was very pleased. This oil is toddler approved!

I'm not a big skin musk or ambergris fan, so I was leary of gettting more than a decant. I do love orange blossom, amber and coconut though, so I was willing to give this one a whirl. I do get the comparison to Giant Vulva, but this one is more coconut creamy, and the orange blossom adds a lovely touch. This ends of being kind of hard to describe, kind of a florally, slightly musky perfumey blend that is perfect for spring. Probably the ambergris is translating into 'perfume' for me. This is pleasant enough, but I don't think I need an upgrade. I have Khrysee for my amber/orange blossom fix, and this one is just a 'little' on the perfumey side.

Very pale greenish yellow oil. Wow, interesting - strong orange blossom, much fruitier and less sharp and soapy than usual, lots of tropical coconut milk (especially in combo with the fruitiness), a little sweet-tart skin musk and musky ambergris, a fair bit of heady ylang ylang, with bright, surprisingly strong, cologney white amber.

Lighter and smoother and just - less heavy, sharp, intense, jumbled. The orange blossom is still lovely, but the coconut milk has settled down a bit as has the ylang ylang, though I still find both notes 'too much' for me. The skin musk and white amber here are gorgeous; bright, feminine, clean - and the amount of ambergris here is just right - it adds an almost oceanic touch and a bit of depth and sexiness but it's subtle.

This scent continues to coalesce - it's also fading quite a bit from its initial immense throw in the imp - the notes are balancing each other nicely. The coconut note has lightened to the soft, sweetly creamy note from Mme Lilith, Fortune Teller which is the nicest coconut note in BPAL, IMO. The orange blossom is delicate and a perfect balance of orange fruit and fragrant blossom - so different from the typical orange blossom note. Ambergris, musk and amber have all merged into beautiful skin scent - it's bright and sexy and soft and feminine. The ylang ylang has either blended its way into something nice, or disappeared entirely.

The vibe here - soft, pink, lightly sweet and creamy and definitely tropical - totally reminds me of Mme Lilith. The coconut fades to a faint creaminess that's almost wearable (and this from a die-hard coconut hater - in perfume, that is). The orange blossom is now mostly a tart and juicy fruit with a little delicate blossom, and the creamy-musky base is so incredibly well-blended I can no longer pick it apart - it's just a smooth, sexy, youthful and feminine skin scent. A young woman who's just come into her own sexuality and is strolling on a warm, breezy evening somewhere in the Caribbean with a bit of sea breeze in the air.

What a very pleasant surprise. I may have to break my coconut rule and get a bottle of this! Shungas, you are SO very good to me. :heart:

This is my first time trying a Shunga! I was taken by the absurdity of the name and excited because of the coconut and ambergris, both notes I like a lot. I've never tried a blend with skin musk, so I was really curious about that too, but a little wary of the florals. As it happens, I couldn't pick out a single note in this besides coconut - it was all just one sweet, heavy, mellow floral coconut lotion to me. It's not foody at all. This smells like the world's most beautiful sunscreen. That's kind of a mixed blessing - it's delicious and it reminds of summer in a great way - but it means smelling like, well, sunscreen.

I know I'm going to enjoy wearing this by itself, but I also think this might be the one of the best BPALs ever for adding to skincare stuff.

I LOVE the name wonderfull hehehe

but the coconut milk is killing all the fun for me..

it's just too strong, it smells like strong ROASTED coconut on me :ack:

the amber and orangeblossom are lihgt and very beautifull though!

I am a true fan of BPAL's Ylang Ylang but maybe it needs a bit more aging to come out more

the whole scent all together is very summerish which is super nice.

I will atleast keep my decant and try it gain in a few months or so :yum:

I wanted this to work out, but really feared that it wouldn't, as none of the coconut scents have ever worked on me, nor have any of the ylang-ylang ones. Milk and cream always go bad on me. When I started seeing comparisons to Snow White my heart sank - Snow White goes all burnt plastic and fake pineapple on me. :cry2:

BUT! It does work and smells just heavenly on me! I get a sweet coconut milk and tropical flowers. The scent was very familiar to me, I just couldn't put my finger on it. Then it hit me: it reminds me of being in Hawai'i. This is the scent I've been looking for since I first visited Hawai'i.

Like others, I thought it would disappear or be eaten by my skin pretty quickly, but it's lasting and has a moderate throw, more than I would have expected. I love it and I'm going to need a few bottles :wub2:

Hello ylang ylang. Woah. The coconut milk, skin musk and amber play beautifully. The ylang ylang adds tartness, and at first overpowers everything else. After drydown it settles nicely into the background and orange blossom appears giving spice to a pretty tropical feeling blend.