Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

An itch that needs to be scratched: Snake Oil and three types of honey.

Totally loved the 2015 formulation and beat myself up when I accidentally spilt half my bottle, so I've been rationing it very carefully since. Then I saw it again this year, I just HAD to get some backups.

I'm one of those who enjoys Snake Oil but will on certain occasions find it a bit too spicy and dark and powdery. If you're just in the mood for something similar, but with a little less kick and less of that powdery drydown, then Womb Furie is perfect. It's more ambery and gold and clear, compared to the husky dense darkness of the original. The honey takes away some of the spikes without diluting the luscious complexity. But at the same time, I don't ever find it overly sugary, since honey is nuanced and has floral, leathery, animalic, and musky tones mixed in with a golden sweetness.
Will not ever be without this one.

(I'd wondered awhile ago if I could get similar results mixing O with Snake Oil, but - NOPE. Womb Furie is Womb Furie.)

I picked this up at a meet 'n' sniff over the weekend (thanks!!!) and put it on 2 hours ago - this (2018, I think!) is the first Womb Furie I've tried. At first it was all honey with a faint hint of SO. And I had a similar experience with Snake's Kiss and was wondering if my most recent bout of head cold had left me without the ability to smell Snake Oil, so I got it out and dabbed a tiny bit on my shoulder. Nope, I can still smell SO perfectly well, wafts of it drifting up around me. So, these blends must have a smaller proportion of SO in them, duh.

The SO did start to emerge more strongly in about an hour, but this is definitely a gentler SO. This is one I could get away with at work; it's still sexy as all get out but a little more buttoned up and wears closer to the skin. If you hate SO I can't imagine this working for you; if you like SO but find it a bit much, this might be perfection. It's going on my bottle list.

Good ol' Snake Oil but made sweeter and gentler. I think I actually prefer this to Snake Oil. I feel like one of the honeys in this might be a honey musk... something about it reminds me of Lady Una.

I dunno what year this one is, but it's lovely. Spicy vanilla honey sexiness!

It's like O and Snake Oil had a Lovechild.

No, they didn't get married, they ain't about that life. They're raising Womb Furie without that nonsense. Snake Oil is free to partner up with who they want and so is O!

Anyways, if you like Lady Una, O, Snake Oil, or just plain smelling sexy, you'll probably like Womb Furie!

A place of sweet comfort. 

Wet: Soft, thick, and sweet are the best means to describe this fragrance. It was a subtle sweetness that starts off thick and savory. Not sickeningly sweet as I initially thought it would be. 

Dry: this continues to become even smoother, more aromatic, and a warm melting sweetness that coats beautifully on the skin. 

Final thoughts: Sweet heavens, this is such a sublime and wonderful scent for me! It’s is simple but impactful. The throw may be short to medium but is not one of displeasure for anyone. The honey comes out so well on me. I find that I amp honey and this just works on many levels. I believe the snake oil is what helps bind this all together so things are not in a hard fought competition. 

If I needed to pick a new simplistic scent, then this is it. I want this in my life and will be addicting it to my favorites list.

Acquired an aged sniffie of this, which smelled lovely in the imp. On skin, it became baby wipes. Not TOO surprised, since Snake Oil doesn't work on me.

Well crap. I don't know about this one now that I've tried it on. I got told that I smell like "baby powder" (nooooooooo!). If someone tells me I smell like baby powder when I wear something, I tend to not want to wear it ever again. Regular aged Snake Oil does not smell like baby powder on me. I'm not sure how old this bottle is (1 or two years I think). It isn't dark and opaque-ish like aged SO, so I don't know. The label is the one with the vintage looking drawing of the nude woman sitting down being blasted with whatever that hand is holding... Haha

Not sure if I should wait this one out and let it age some more or just let it go. 😕

2019 edition. 

In the decant: Honey at first sniff, with the Snake Oil coming out the longer I hold the wand to my nose. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's straight up BPAL honey on me. As it dries, the Snake Oil comes out, adding a sultry, gritty quality to the sweet scent. At this point, I'm not sure how I like it. I mean, I like it well enough -- but I love Snake Oil, and I love honey, and I'm just not sure that my feelings for Womb Furie rise to that level. 

Given time to develop on my skin, however, it very much lives up to its promise. The honey tempered by the Snake Oil is sexy and sultry without becoming cloying or overwhelming (as honey can sometimes do on me) while the Snake Oil tempered by the honey is slinky and smooth, without as much patchouli as I get from straight Snake Oil. Don't get me wrong: I still love Snake Oil's patch, but Womb Furie is fabulous on me in its own right. 

It does wear a little closer to my skin than does Snake Oil, but since I'm also considering that this is a pretty work-wearable honey blend on me, that's not necessarily a downside. (For all that I described this as a fairly sexy scent on me, it's not really overtly so. For whatever it's worth, Snake Oil is also fairly work-wearable on me.) 

I will probably be checking sales and swaps to see about the possibility of acquiring at least a partial bottle. 

2019 version:

Goes on very similar to O- lots of sweet, super sexy honey- but where O becomes somewhat baby-powdery on my skin, Womb Furie doesn't. The Snake Oil comes out more as it dries but never really smells like pure Snake Oil does for me. It kind of smells nutty, or like cookies but also gritty? Still Womb Furie is definitely all about the honey on my skin, anything else is just an afterthought! I used to not really like honey in scents but over my perfume journey I've come to appreciate it more and I'm super happy to finally find a honey-dominant scent that works on my skin.

This review is for the 2019 version!

Honeyed Snake Oil alright, super sweet and slightly waxy. I do see a resemblance to O, but I think the honey in that one is a lot stronger. The honey in here can resemble honey dust once dry more than the actual thing. Eventually, it just smells like a sweeter Snake Oil with less musk. Not bad at all, but I like regular Snake Oil and other SO blends better. 

Agree with the Womb Furie love. Mine is 2010 for what it's worth, smoothly blended but the Snake Oil spices and (almost) incense match so well with the (almost) honey dust/setting powder vibe so well that it's an experience all its own. I love wearing this one out. Lasts a good long time but is mostly honey powder and ghosts by the end. 

2010 version

Wet, this is a very thick and decadent honey. As it dries, the snake oil comes out more, but it smells muted as though it's been drenched in honey. When it's dry, it has a powdery honey sillage. Closer to the skin I can still smell that thick honey and the incensy notes of snake oil.

I looove honey perfume and this is no exception. It has good throw and longevity on me. Definitely a winner. :lovestruck:

These honeys can go all day! Seriously, the weartime does not disappoint.

I was surprised at how much I love Womb Furie, given that SO doesn't do much for me, and honey can be fickle on my skin. Of course I do have a bottle from 2016, so it's possible the aged version is treating me better than a fresh bottle would. Maybe I will snag a 2022 for comparison.

This is not an everyday scent for me, but sometimes I want a sexy honey bomb, and WF has me covered.

I used to love my 2010 Womb Furie until the past few weeks when my skin chemistry turned a corner. Before, it was a lovely, sweet powdery scent reminiscent of other Snake Oil variants I have. It wasn't too aggressive but had good lasting power. Now? Baby wipes. Chemically baby wipes. I was belligerent the last time I tested it and didn't wash it off. I just sat with the dreadful smell until it faded away in a few hours. Maybe four? Kinda glad I just grabbed a decant of the 2022 version. We'll see how that one goes.

Mods- we need a 2022 Lupers tag for this thread thanks!

2022 version-

Hey, some years have been musky dark honey and some sweet powdery... this year's Womb Furie honey note- pure golden sugary syrup with pink florals. Yup. Its gooooood.

2022 version

Wet, this is a sticky honey. As it dries, it blossoms into a delicate floral perfume. It's powdery and sweet, fitting for springtime.

Compared to my 2010 bottle, this is much less decadent and more of a delicate, refined wildflower honey. I also get a lot less incense than in the 2010 version, but it might be hiding under the florals.

2022 version - Have gotten compliments on this already. It's absolutely delicious and exactly what it says on the tin, both in the bottle and on my skin. Hoping it will age to be stronger, but I am biased to strong(er/bigger throw-) scents anyway. Amazing. Yesyesyesyes 

I picked up my decant of the 2022 version, expecting to toss it aside, as I still have 1.5 bottles of original and 2012 version I think.  Took one stiff, and though ‘wow, this is pretty different’, and for the better, which I don’t know how it’s even possible.  My other WFs are definitely honey heavy, this one is lighter, fresher, more incense, I guess more snake oil heavy.  I get a teeny bit of some kind of floral, but maybe that’s the variety of honey.  This is soooo amazing, it may be shooting up to my top ten, and I’m gonna run over to swaps and see if anyone wants an old for new.💕💕💕💕💕🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

2022 version.

Womb Furie checks a lot of boxes for me: honey, bits of florals, musk, incense, vanilla, powder. As others have said, the honey reads like a wildflower honey, with an extra dose of wildflowers. With the honey, I expected this to be heavier than regular Snake Oil, but it is light and almost fresh. The honey is pale gold. Someone had told me this is a cousin to O and I agree with that assessment - the honey, vanilla, musk of it all. The wear length is medium and so is the throw. I so enjoy wearing this.

Delightful aged Womb Furie from 2010!! Took a late shower before voting and had just reorganized my boxen, and this caught my eye. WONDERFUL on.  Thick thick mellow honey and the smoooooooothest Snake Oil ever with a bit of vanilla peeking through. This was one of my first eBay scores and so worth it.

[womb furie 2022]

This was recommended to me in a fb group when I asked for realistic sex scents. I'm not so sure about that, but boy oh boy does it smell like "deep" honey. Prior to this my favorite honey was Bears of Berlin, but compared to this BoB is so light/white that I can barely smell it. This is incredible. Hunted down a bottle immediately.