Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

An itch that needs to be scratched: Snake Oil and three types of honey.

I wasn't a big fan of this when it first came out, but my love for honey and snake oil has since expanded, and now I wish this was re-released every year.

2012 Version

In the imp: This has the same smell that, at first, made me shy away from O. Must be one of the honeys. FTR, I love O now.

Wet: I have never worn Snake Oil (I have an imp, untested as of yet) and I am thinking it might be ruined for me after this. I love how this is all at once spicy and sweet and sexy and just... Yum. It is like O and Snake Oil made love. The amazing, hot, sweaty kind.

Dry: Vanilla, honey, sexiness, a little patchouli that stays nicely in the background. This is all sorts of awesome. I wore it all day and went "OMG, I smell so good!" It also gets the husband seal of approval.

I hope the versions aren't too terribly different, I might snag a bottle of this the next time it comes around.

Purchased from chromeoxide!

My little impy decant tells me mine is Womb Furie 2012, not sure if she's a different blend or just aged or what.

In bottle: a lightly spiced vanilla

on skin: Weird, sort of vanilla-y... is this... lady parts that I'm smelling? Lady parts freshly washed with vanilla soap. O.o With a very mellow incensed honey background. Unnerving but amusing.

Drydown: Sensual creamy honeyed musk <3 Very much a skin scent, reminding me of the sensuality of Les Bijoux, without so much of the peachiness.

Verdict: I AM SEX ahem. I adore this smell very much, it makes me feel lickable in all the right ways XD Oh goodness me. *fans self*

Edited by madscientistdh

Super yum. This is what snake oil smells like on me wet. Snake oil by it's self gets a little plasticky when it dries. :(

On at first it has a very strong spice base of light incenses and oils. As it dries it gets a bit more of the honey smell. On me it smells almost exactly like third charm with a less of a spice/incense blend.

about 30 minutes after application I get more honey, but it doesn't have that strong honey out of the jar smell that I was looking for. It's very smooth sweet honey, and has almost a cream smell to it-- probably from the vanilla in the snake oil base. I was really expecting this to be STRONG honey since it has such a variety of them. Regardless it's still sensual, warm, and intoxicating.

Womb Furie on me is Snake Oil and O combined. It manages to be the best of both with none of the super-sweet baby powder I get from Snake Oil and none of the Playdoh note I get from O. It's pretty much perfect for me. It also reminds me of Queen, another favorite of mine.

Warm, snuggle-y and definitely female. I hope it's offered every year.

(2012 version)

It surprises me that I didn't review this already. Womb Furie is HONEY with just a little hint of Snake Oil on me. It's spiced honey, honey, honey with just a whisper of vanilla. This is the first honey scent I ever owned and it was a bit of a shock to me that any note could be more prominent on me than the Snake Oil blend, but it works wonderfully. During those four or so days every month when my womb does indeed feel furious, Womb Furie is a perfect scent partially because it amuses me, but mostly for the fact that hormones make this smell even better on me than it normally does. Why I kept putting off buying a full bottle of this I may never understand, but I still have a fair amount in the decant and with any luck it will come back for 2013. If it does, I'll buy at least one bottle.

2012 version. Much the same as previous incarnations. Sweet honey and spicy Snake Oil make a lovely combination. I do have the first versions, and they are more rounded and full-bodied if that makes sense. This is still awesome, though, and will probably get like my older bottles eventually. I never want to be without this one.

2010 version

Man, there isn't a lot I can say here that hasn't already been said. But maybe this will help some people: I'm not a Snake Oil fan. My MIL wears it and that's a big no-no for me, but I also smelled and tested it long before her and it just wasn't for me. It was too overwhelming and too... can I say unrefined? I don't mean it in a bad way, but it's a strong, strong blend, and it makes no excuses for itself.

For me, those three honeys in Womb Furie are Snake Oil's "excuse". It mellows it out for me, rounds it into a nice, honeyed, sweet, incense that snuggles closely against my skin, yet has a great throw. It doesn't insist upon itself like Snake Oil does.

I really love Womb Furie, and I'm happy that it give me a Snake Oil to love. :)

2011 version

This version is much sweeter on my skin. The Snake Oil is there, and the honey is there, but the honey dominates the blend. I prefer the 2010 iteration, but I'll wear 2011 too. Give them to me AALLLLL!

Edited by Violaine

Everyone rants and raves about snake oil, but on my chemistry it was a disappointment. It has a pretty, cotton candy quality, but it is drowned out by something (is that you, patchouli?) that is almost medicinal. Even aged, this stuff is just flat on me.

Same thing with O- depending on the day, I get that sour, play-doh smell or else it waves a pretty vanilla wand, and then it disappears quickly.

Womb furie?

Glamorous bliss in a bottle- a dark and decadent vanilla. I feel edible in the best of ways. It is definitely sensual, sexual even but it has a bit of spice to keep the mystery alive and also the honey note has a lightness that keeps it from becoming totally offensive. It isn't foodie exactly. I can and do wear this to work. It is something of a skin scent, it hugs near to me. The boy likes it also ;) I mean, really likes it, you know??

This perfume, to me, is like the redheaded child born to brunette parents. Snake Oil made wet and sticky love to O, and they had an offspring unique to itself. How is the scent a genetic possibility of it's parentage? Did the milkman pay a visit? I'm not sure, but I really hope this one makes an appearance in future lupercalia lineups...

Edited by JasminDreams2010

2010 Version

In the bottle - Woah honey, honey and more honey topped off with sex musk

Wet on me - Red musk and honey, but not as much as there was in the bottle

Dry on me - Basically pure Snake Oil

Overall - This doesn't really grab me, but Snake Oil has to be really aged before it works on me so I think it might be worth holding on to

originally posted 9/27/13: 2010 version.

On me, this is a sweeter, more powdery Snake Oil - which is PERFECT, since Snake Oil (and some Snake Pits) can have a tendency to go too sharp and acrid on me. It's soft and sweet, with a touch of musk and spice. I absolutely love what the honeys brought to the table here, and I've been using up this decant like crazy and will have to track down a bottle or two soon. :)

added 10/28/13: 2012 version.

I'm surprised by how different this is! While the 2010 iteration is mostly musky honey sweetness, this is much heavier on the patchouli - the vanilla and honeys are there, but more understated. This has a very distinctive cola flavor. I imagine this is what Feed Me & Fill Me With Pleasure would've been on me had the black patch not turned that into pencil shavings.

I'm enjoying both versions.

Edited by vthesiren

2010 and 2011 vintages

Thoughts before testing: I loooooove Snake Oil and I loooooove honey, so I'm not sure what's kept me from trying Womb Furie for so long :lol: I was recently given the opportunity to test both the 2010 and 2011 vintages of Womb Furie and so here we go!

Wet: Immediately the 2011 version is much sweeter than the 2010. Both have a beautiful backbone of aged Snake Oil and the honey in both is silken and creamy and fabulous.

Dry down: Still more honey in the 2011 version, the 2010 version is a little drier and spicier.

Dry: Eight hours later, the 2011 version still has more noticeable honey than 2010 but really both vintages are fabulous. Snake Oil and honey for the win!

Final thoughts: If I had to pick, I'd probably choose the 2011 version. Really though, both years were amazing and I'm kicking myself for waiting so long to try them! Both years had J's stamp of approval and he even went so far as to request that I wear one of them on our next date night. Both were also incredibly long lasting. They made it through an entire work day and I went to bed still smelling delicious.

Verdict: I'll be hunting out a bottle of the 2011 version and possible picking up the 2014 vintage as well :D

The 2014 Womb Furie reminds me a lot of the 2011 version when it was fresh. I get deep, sweet, subtly spiced honey that doesn't morph and lasts all day. Snake Oil is kind of the grandmother of Womb Furie, in that you can tell it's in the genetic makeup but the resemblance is not pronounced.

I've worn this Womb Furie three times over the last four days since I got it, if that gives you an idea of how I feel about it. Even when it was fresh off the mail truck, it glowed golden-orange and wrapped me up in its comfort. On a day when even my two-year-old bottle of Snake Oil smelled wrong to me, this new Womb Furie sailed through with flying colours. I'm tempted to order a second bottle before Lupers leave.

2014 version-- this on me smells like a spicier Snake Oil. After three or four hours the honey starts to peak out a bit, but overall remains a husky, spicier Snake Oil. Good throw and lasted all day. I'm curious how the honey will come out as it ages.

2014 version. Wet: sweeter, deeper snake oil. Dry: spicy snake oil with a honeyed overtone. I like this a lot, but it is strong. One application lasted me over 8 hours!. This probably would be better for night out or date night, not for work! However, I still love it!!

Good news: I've figured out why I've struggled so hard to like Snake Oil. It's the myrrh. No matter how it ages or what it's blended with, it has myrrh, which is a death note for me.

It is a little bit darker and deeper than my aged Snake Oil decant, if that makes sense. It's also making my wrist burn, so I'm gonna go wash it off.

Verdict: If you like Snake Oil, you'll probably like this. If you and myrrh are locked in an eternal death match, probably not.

ITI: (2014) I haven't smelled any of the other Womb Furie renditions before, so I'm starting virtually carte blanche. Of course, I love snake oil, but I'm fearful of the honey since it usually turns to outhouse scent on my skin. Here goes! Yet, that's honey bucket right there spoiling the beauty of snake oil. Boo.

Wet: At least the snake oil amps on my skin with it's lovely Indonesian oils and sugared vanilla, but there is a powdery sweetness with tones of port-a-potty that makes the scent less than gorgeous on me.

Dry: Now that it's dry, the Snake Oil seems to have tempered the honey is it is bearable and, if I may say so, pleasant. The honey has stayed slightly powdery, like a honey dusting powder, for which I am very thankful.

2014 version - very nice. I have to agree that this is straight up Snake Oil and O together at last. For my part I usually don't care that much for Snake Oil variations, but Womb Furie has changed my mind on that. I LOVE Snake Oil... just please leave it alone. It's perfect as it is. Unless you add O which makes it double perfect. This is just...hmmmm...sexy. Just plain sexy. So glad I ordered the full bottle. I must never run out of this. WIN!

2014: Yup, exactly, Snake Oil + O = Womb Furie. Lasts forever, too, I wore it to bed and didn't bother to put on perfume the next morning because I was still honey-scented. I think I will age this, since its Snake Oiliness will only improve with time.

In the imp: Honeyed SO. That really is the only way to describe it. To me, the honey actually kind of darkens the SO (although the oil itself is lighter than SO is, it's a golden orange).

Wet on skin: The honey takes on an almost floral quality on my skin.

Dried down: Ooh, this is turning absolutely beautiful. It's like Snake Oil, but lighter.

Throw: This has a little throw on me. The honey reaches my nose as I type at my laptop.

Verdict: ***** Damnit. I was hoping this would be so similar to Snake Oil or that I'd love Snake Oil so much better that I wouldn't feel like I needed a bottle. But as much as I love Snake Oil, it's a very heavy scent on me sometimes, and this would be very appropriate for when I want Snake Oil, but a little lighter.

Womb Furie is a staple of mine. I still have a 2010 bottle, and a back up of the next year. I do find that they do not seem to differ that much in age, though this years tester may have had the illusion of being aged as it was a tiny amount. I find a little goes a long way, and this years version is very well blended as in other years. I find this incarnation a bit less heavy on the honey, and the spicy Snake Oil seems to be dominant with more sweetness from the honey. I love this, and hope to never be without my Womb Furie.

I’ve been wearing the 2014 version of Womb Furie at least once a week for the past couple of months, so it’s time I wrote a review.

Womb Furie smells like already-aged Snake Oil. My first imp of Snake Oil took about six months to smell like brand-new Womb Furie. I do smell the honey, though to me it’s not definite as O plus Snake Oil. The honey notes in this stay close to my skin and emerge after an hour or so of wear, and I have to put my nose right next to my skin to smell them. The throw is all Snake Oil.

I’m very glad I bought a bottle of this unsniffed when it was first available.

Womb Furie 2014 was my first unsniffed bottle purchase and has not disappointed. It reminds me of a little import shop in Provincetown, MA, a space that holds the memory of years and years of incense stocks. It's not the smell of the incense directly, but the memory held in walls and cloth, combined with rich, sweet honey. It's sexy and evocative, while also being comforting and warm. It's a pretty consistent scent for me, smelling pretty similar in the bottle, wet, and dry and lasts quite a long time. It maybe gets a little smokey at the very end, but I only really get that with my nose right against my skin. Superb!