Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

An itch that needs to be scratched: Snake Oil and three types of honey.

This one smelled exactly as I thought it would: like Snake Oil and O combined. Which is nice, actually, because sometimes to me snake oil has a slightly medicinal note to it, and O has a slightly play dough note to it...but with this blend, both negative notes are softened quite a bit. The drydown is a very sexy, honeyed vanilla. It lasted about 5 hours, medium throw.

Oh why oh why did I discover that honey can work on me when it was way too late to order this?? It's awesome- it smells very much like Snake Oil does on my skin, with just a little added honey sweetness. It kind of envelops you with vanilla honey spicy goodness. I'll treasure my partial imp of this until I can hopefully track down a bottle.

Huh...I haven't reviewed this yet.

This has two of my favorite scents in the whole world: Snake Oil and honey. The honey is sweet and delicious, like orange blossom honey; and I can't say anything bad about Snake Oil. This is a true winner and well worth tracking down more bottles in the future.

In the IMP it smells like a mixture of herbs, leaves, Snake Oil & honey. On me it’s all golden honey & vanilla goodness with hints of caramel! Slightly waxy but still very sweet and lovely. This is an exquisite, warm, dewy, bees-wax, nectar scent that is simply delicious.

This is mainly honey with a hint of the patchouli musk I associate with snake oil. For the first couple hours I really enjoy getting wafts of this up from my wrists. After that my skin eats it up and there's only a faint trace left and it smells mostly of honey by itself. It's very nice but it doesn't send me over the moon.

I can't even describe what happened when I put this one. This has since been sent to a new home with someone who loves it very much, which makes me feel better. I never thought honey and I did poorly together, but I have never smelled something go so sour so quickly. :cry2: Sticky, icky, sweaty BO Snake Oil. I will never understand!

This was frimped to me by the lovely Theasylph. (THANK YOU!) I've seen in the reviews and swaps this had received much love, so I thought I'd never get to try it.

When I first tried it without looking up the notes, I thought it was beautiful and familiar, though I couldn't place it. Duh! It's exactly what I'd expect the love child of Snake Oil and O to be. Gah! Why do I have to fall in love with the rare and hard to get? Maybe I'll try layering my O and Snake Oil for the same effect.

This is pretty straightforward: it smells like a honeyed Snake Oil. Musky and sweet and slightly sticky, I can feel the spices on my hand, but I can't really smell them. But regular Snake Oil is more musky than spicy on me anyway.

Funny that both scents I wanted to try tonight were honey ones. I'm loving the delicious honey cloud that is enveloping me right now.

At first this was a bit strong and I wasn't sure what I was smelling, but on the drydown you can defintely smell Snake Oil which is one of my favorite BPAL scents. I love how the honey both softens and warms this up at the same time, it really adds to the complex notes of Snake Oil very well.

To me, this represents BPAL as a whole. It's the epitome of BPAL. Womb Furie is two of the most popular BPAL blends in one. I get O more than Snake Oil. I'd say 65% O and 35% Snake Oil. I absolutely love Snake Oil on its own, and although I really like O a lot too, it can sometimes be a bit too much for me. I like how the Snake Oil tones down the O-ness in this blend. As it dries down, it turns a bit powdery, but it's not too much. Although Womb Furie would never be my #1, it's definitely a necessity in my collection now. It's soothing and calming, yet lusty and mysterious. Sheer awesomeness.

I was not in love with this as much last year as this year..I think because the snake oil has aged. This is now to die for, no lingerie necessary, lusty , honeyed, sweet and spicy sex. Great throw and wears close to the skin. Delicious and decadent...naughty yet not over the top. What someone should smell like in bed. :joy:..The more I smell it ..it is like an orgasm in a bottle..the really deep and lengthy kind.

Edited by angburfield

Wow, I can't believe that I haven't reviewed this, Womb Furie is one of my favorites of the 2010 Lupercalias. I wore it today as a counterpoint to Trombeur and rediscovered it's excellence.

Wet on skin: This is such a lovely blend! It's the perfect combination of the deep richness of Snake Oil with sweet honey dripping all over. I actually don't get anything at all like O from this blend, O tends to be a much more powdery honey whereas this is a very gooey, sticky-sweet honey, but it is by no means cloying. Everything is just balanced so perfectly!

Dry on skin: No morphing going on here, which is just fine, because damn, this is so fantastic.

After a while: Still the same, and Womb Furie just keeps hanging on. 6+ hours later and I'm still catching whiffs when I move my arms about.

Final Verdict: Oh man, and I thought I liked this last year, but with only a year of aging, this is EVEN BETTER :thud: The best may be yet to come, because as with all Snake Oil blends, more aging = more better!

Rating: 5/5 :wub2:

If you like this, try: Snake Oil, Trombeur, O, Durian Fruit Infused Honey with Brandy, Crib Girls

Using a slightly altered yeahbutnobut review formatting, because it is the epitome of awesome.

I wouldn't call Womb Furie a let-down, because it does smell incredible, but it was a bit predictable. It smells like Snake Oil with a splash of O, which although amazing, is something I've already achieved by combining the two scents. I guess I hoping it would be its own smell, but maybe I was expecting too much. I think I still prefer Snake Oil over Womb Furie, but nonetheless I will reach the latter for quite often as well.

On me Womb Furie is much more O than Snake Oil - the only Smake Oil trait I can recognize in it being a sweet spiciness that somewhat reminds me of fresh pine pitch.

Strangely enough for a cross of two very potent scents, Womb Furie doesn't have that much throw on me and dries down to a rather thin honey and musk blend (mind you, my skin has recently become a lot drier so I have a feeling this might explain the lack of throw.) A perfectly nice combo, but I prefer Snake Oil and O on their own.

Womb Furie 2010

Oh how you have changed with age!

Here is a little tale for any of you who may be thinking your Womb Furie is not quite what you expected and are contemplating parting ways with your bottle or imp. Don't do it!

When I first tried Womb Furie last year I was less than enamoured to say the least. It was somewhat stinky. Plastic, sweat and cheap vanilla ice cream. It was so unpleasant I contemplated selling my bottle. However I decided to tuck it away in the deepest, darkest depths of my box and see if something wonderful happened. My box worked its magic and Womb Furie miraculously morphed into a opulant, luscious seductress of a scent. Hypnotic, warm, lusty and rudely sexy.

It's incredible spicy sex in a bottle. Sex that has been drizzled with lashings of warm, sensuous honey.

I can't stop sniffing myself.

Womb Furie is honey smeared sex in a bottle.

I need more.

Womb Furie 2011- I liked the 2010 version, but not enough to keep my bottle of it, although I've sometimes wondered if I made a mistake in getting rid of that bottle. So I was excited that Womb Furie was released again this year, and out of all 54 blends from this update, it was the first one I decided to put on. Almost as soon as it hit my skin it took on a really strong plasticky vibe, much worse than the 2010 version did, and it had that sweet, powdery, cloying quality that I associate with the honey in O. It made me wonder if my skin chemistry has changed or if there's a different type of honey being used in this year's Womb Furie. I have no idea, I just know that I don't like it. However, after reading pixiedoo's review above, I am tempted to hold on to it and set it aside for a year and check it out again around this time in 2012.

For reference, here's my review of Womb Furie 2010.

I absolutely blasted through my bottle of Womb Furie 2010 (see my original review here) and was elated to see the blend back again this year. It's every bit as glorious as I remember it being. It's somehow greater than the sum of its parts on my skin chemistry. It's subtly sexy, sweet and gentle, with ridiculous staying power. (I applied after my shower yesterday morning and could still smell it on my skin when I got up today; there's also remnants swirling around my desk at work, probably on my mouse pad.) It's one of the few BPALs I would have no problem wearing day after day after day. I'm going to have to stock up before the Lupers come down. Pure win!

I tried two different bottles of this last year and one smelled like straight up Snake Oil, while the other smelled like a blend of O and Snake Oil. I like both (and am out of both) so I took a chance and ordered the 2011.

At first it's just Snake Oil. Gradually a cake batter smell emerges from it, and then the O comes out, until it's pure honey cake. It's not as heavy as Snake Oil or O, oddly, but more like a lighter blend of the two. I am so glad I bought this.

Edited by Nepthys

love this! O is one of my all-time favorites and womb furie has the sexy, sticky honey sweetness of that, combined with the darkness of snake oil. this is going to be fabulous when it ages.

Womb Furie is sweetened Snake Oil with a slightly lighter feel. I really don't think I can say much more about it than that. On my skin, it's similar enough that I don't think I can justify keeping both this and SO, so I may use my decant but I don't see a bottle in my future. I am glad I got to try it, though.

Ugh, this is so sexy. I'll admit-I have been a fan of bpal for *years* and I *FINALLY* get Snake Oil. For years I just didn't get it-I don't know what changed but now I have seen the light. And this blend is just sex on top of more sex. Like two of bpal's greatest blends-O and Snake Oil-put together like peanut butter and jelly. It's just a perfect combo. Sweet, sticky honey drenched over sexy spicy snake oil. A total winner.

Oddly enough, I don't care for O, but I do like it when added to Snake Oil. So yeah, Womb Furie is exactly what you expect it to be, but it's a good thing. A nice twist on regular old Snake Oil. I need to use this up fast because I'm one of those weirdos who prefers Snake Oil fresh rather than aged.

Oh, my goodness, this is so delicious. Where to start?

My husband has become just a little bit addicted to BPAL, too, which tickles me to death, because he used to be SO anti-cologne and so indifferent to perfume. We just had to find the right things, apparently, because he came from the mailbox with the BPAL box in hand then followed me to the bed to watch me open it and sniff the precious-es? Preci? ;)

So we started with the bottles. I opened Womb Fury and offered him a sniff. "That. Ohhhh...that is amazing. Wear that tonight!" First thing I opened, and that was his reaction. He didn't change his mind despite some delightful choices. In the bottle, I completely understood his reaction. It was sweeter snake oil, a little spicier, too. Less musky, less sharp.

I put it on me, and my skin ate it whole! It took a couple of slathering applications before it stuck around. It was worth the wait. Delicious, rich honey, honey comb still brimming and dripping, the wax, propolis, and honey all. The snake oil went all spicy, almost carnation spicy, very rich.

The throw stayed medium even after dry down. My biggest complaint is that this doesn't last too long on me before fading down. God, it's beautiful, though. I'm going to have to discipline myself to let it age. The honey I got from this was as much O as it was Yewberry Infused Honey, that light, sweet sex smell along with the headier beeswax scent.

We're both in love. Thank you, BPAL. :wub2:

Adore this. Almost exclusively wearing this since I received it. I love Snake Oil, but hated O when I tried it (years ago). There's a stinky tart-skin-sweat thing to O that I don't like, and while occasionally I can smell a tinge of it in the bottle, Womb Furie works perfect with my skin. Possibly my favourite BPAL scent, or at least very very up there! :wub2: