Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

An itch that needs to be scratched: Snake Oil and three types of honey.

Oh, I got a halfie of this to test--awesome! I'm so happy to see what all the fuss is about. . . . Sadly, it's wasted on me with my skin chemistry. I amp honey a whole lot, so much that almost every honey blend smells identical on me. Womb Furie is sadly no exception. It's a good smell, because I do like the Lab's honey note, but I might as well be wearing pure O, or Crib Girls, or Jezebel (my favorite honey), or Osun (this is what this blend reminds me of the most). Nice, but I have no reason to keep it. I can see this getting awesome when it ages and the Snake Oil thickens and starts to come out a bit more, but when I want Snake Oil, I'll stick to Asp Viper. Time to pass on the honeyed Snake Oil love to someone else!

In the bottle, this is Snake Oil and O, just a wonderful mix and unbelievably sexy. On my skin, an amazing combination of Snake Oil and O, and oh dear god, yes yes yes yes YES. Erm, sorry, I think I just had a bit of a Womb Furie there myself. Definitely passes the initial test, will probably pass the full skin test. Swapping for a bottle of this = good idea.

For the full skin test, the honey comes out a bit more with the Snake Oil, and this is still an oh dear god wow thing. Definitely keeping the bottle and seeking out a backup ASAP.

Edited by Venneh

Oh lord, this is like HONEY PLASTIC. The S.O. turns to plastic on me and the honey amps to high heaven. It's actually slightly like baby powder on the drydown.

Utter. Fail.

In the Bottle: lighter than I would expect… smells more like O than like Snake Oil

Wet on Skin: sweet, but not excessively so

While Drying: the Snake Oil seems to temper the sweetness, I can pick out the slightly dusty SO scent

After a Little While: the honey starts to pick up, but isn't the same Honey In a Jar scent that I get from O - I'd call this more "Honeyed Snake Oil" rather than "Honey and Snake Oil." The honey seems to mask some of the vanilla I get with pure Snake Oil.

Later: Seems to have more throw than either Snake Oil or O, and more lasting power than Snake Oil alone. Womb Furie lacks the brief weird-musky-BO phase that both Snake Oil and O have after several hours.

Final Thoughts: I ended up getting a bottle of this one… I love it as it is, and part of me hopes that it doesn't age into the amazing awesomeness that people keep anticipating, because I might regret not getting a second bottle. I've received several compliments while wearing Womb Furie.

Womb Furie earns a 4/5 on my skin.

OH GOD YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Uhhhhhh sorry :blush: :blush: :blush:

Brilliantly named this one!

I love both Snake Oil and Orgasm. At first I was "Ahhhh Snake Oil plus sumthin' .... Wasn't sure what, but I knew it was good. A little later, it was Orgasm only better. And, on me, it did seem to go back and forth for a bit. Ultimately, though, this morphed into a heady, sexy, and totally fabulous scent.

Why, oh why, can't we have Lupers alllllllll yearrrrrr long :cry2:

Womb Furie!

OK, first, let's just say the name is kickass enough to convince me to buy this one. :twisted: I almost passed, because it's really STRONG on me. I found out the hard way that this is not one to slather. A little dab is all that is needed. It's not currently my fave honey blend, that spot is occupied by Hetairae as I find it a little more sensual and grounded. Womb Furie is HI I'M HONEY AND CLOVER SWEET on me. :D Which is not a bad thing, but it can feel a little cloying at times. I feel alluring and sweet, but not sexy when I wear it. I'm very curious to see how it ages! I don't really seem to get any snake oil that I can catch from this, interestingly enough.

I am a lover of honey and Snake Oil blends, so I had high hopes for this. On first application, this is an intense honey sweetness, reminding me of the richness of Athens. It lightens in a second, though, to a more flowery, playful honey. I don't get any Snake Oil hints, aside from a slithery spiciness, very subtle, in the background.

Pretty much exactly Snake Oil + O.

I was hoping for more Snake Oil with just a drop of O but it seems to be split evenly with both scents. I think this will be more Snake Oil as it always seems to strengthen over time, so I will wait for it. I would like a honeyed Snake Oil rather than honey + Snake Oil.

Edited by faifai

Well, a little goes a long way with this one! I tried this a couple of days ago, just a dab, and it works much better than slathering. A teeny bit, I get more of a snake oil vibe, and when I slather, it is MUCH to honey-like. The honey may fade over a couple of hours, but it is just too overwhelming when I slather. It's just starting now, after an hour to be more snake-like. I pretty much love this when the honey isn't screaming at me, but going to have to use this with subdued abandon, which is good, because it will last longer anyways! :wub2:

This had the potential to go so wrong, and it didn't! Snake Oil is an utter fail on me, so it was with some trepidation that I gave this a try, even though I love honey so very dearly. At first, it's purely O on me, although the honey seemed more sour than it does in O, and it's strong. After a while, it backs off and leaves the Snake Oil, which is muted and not ashy, for once. After that fades, another honey moves forward, one that is sweeter than the first honey and not as strong.

OMG womb furie how do I love thee..... :wub2: I am not a honey note kind of gal.. usually. This is awesome smelling in the imp and on me. I love it. This had the potential to go really bad on me (as I said,me and honey are usually not friends) I want more, and now I cannot find a bottle of it, damnit.

wet- snake oil in the background and honey a bit ahead of it.

drydown- snake oil is coming out more now (love me some snake oil) and the honey is kind of mellowing and even getting a bit powdery.

later- gosh, I really love this scent. Its so warm, a little sweet & soft. It really didn't morph too much beyond the drydown on me either. I keep catching whifs of it now and again off my arm.

The search for a bottle continues.....

This is *love* in a bottle.

Spicy, sexy love :wub:

I have a soft spot for the lab's honey note so I ordered this even if I've never tried O (I was afraid of the amber since it turns to powder & old things on me, but now I'll have to order an imp asap) and the one time I tried Snake Oil it was fresh and turned to vanillay play-doh on me.

Womb Furie is wonderful honey with a spicy background, warm but not cloying, with just an hint of powder that makes it soft and cuddly. It doesn't morph much and lasts a good while with a great throw.

I like my perfumes sweet but not cavity inducing and I was afraid that between vanilla and honey W.F. would be too much, luckily I can't smell the vanilla at all.

I'm so glad I've ordered a bottle, but I'll have to try and layer O and SO sometimes, in the hopes of recreating Womb Furie and never having to worry I'm going to run out.

In the imp I smell spicy snake oil?! Is this not supposed to be drowned in honey?

Wet on my skin, oh THERE it is! It's amped and vamped honey! Lots of it. It's lovely though and does remind me of a 3 year old imp of snake oil I have. It's a heavy and heady scent, yet luxurious and not headachey. I think the honey adds a creamy and sweeter quality to the snake oil and it is rather lovely!

Drying down, this is a sticky honey ooze covered snake oil. I like it a lot. But I don't think it suits it's name or description at all! Womb Furie is a decadent and womany scent to me. It's thick and sticky on my skin, almost like a sexy and sweet moisture ridden musk. It does however have a sickly quality. I think I can live with just an imp though. It's not made it into my top ten scents unfortunatley.

EDIT: On further dry down, something has went horribly wrong. This is just a sickly sweet headache. I think it may have to find a new home :(

Edited by TulaMontage

I got gifted this in an Orphanage package.

Wow. I really get why this is so beloved. Like Boomslang, this skips the Snake Oil component straight into the aged aspect on me, which is an instant win. The honey just lingers as a bit of warmth and sweetness.

I just want to huff my arm. Love it. I'm going to relish this decant.

I just got a decant of this the other day and after yesterday's super disappointing testing, I decided, hey, try to Furie.

In the decant: honey. Dripping down your hand and stuff is stick to it honey, with a bit of vanilla and those spices.

It starts of with rich, almost dusty(?) honey and I don't smell the Snake Oil aspect at all. Then it morphs into...something akin to Now Winter's Nights Enlarge, a caramelly-vanilla-warmness, like its little, saucy sister. Now, it's back to Snake Oil, closer to the aged stuff and I'll be blasphemous and say: I prefer my Snake fresh. Old Snake Oil just doesn't waft on me, has no life. It just sits on my wrists.

And my wrist is itching slightly. That's kind of a deal breaker.

This is... lush. Incredibly sexy.

The honey is very strong, but I like that. The only BPAL honey blend that works on me is Blood Kiss, so I was very pleased when my Womb Furie arrived and did actually work well with my skin chemistry. I was worried sick that I'd have another baby powder disaster on my hands, but instead I have beautifully heady honey with a powerfully commanding Snake Oil undertone. I wish I'd bought more than one bottle!

Whew.. snake oil I can wear on a daily basis!

Regular SO is a bit much for me on most days because I amp it to high hell. This is wonderful... honey works wonders on me. Sweet, slightly floral in that nectar-ish way, light spice, and the vanilla isn't forming a mushroom cloud around me! Yay!

Pretty much what it says it is! The powdery amber, spices, and incense from Snake Oil, and very sweet, almost crystalline honey. It's still a very immature Snake Oil at this point, so it's still powdery and kind of light, but just for now and I bet it'll age really well.

The honey adds to the light feel of it, makes it sweeter and almost an airy scent, not deep and rich like Snake Oil usually is. A flowery honey, like in Flower Moon - this is not a honey like the one in O, to me, which was a bit Honey Nut Cheerios-ish. Very sweet scent, but with lots of interesting resins to make it not too cloying.

Holy Crap this is AMAZING! It is everything that I love about Snake Oil, made better with honey. This has now become my most favorite blend ever. I'm hoarding 3 bottles, and know I need to track down at least that many more. I can see wearing this every day forever, and it is only going to get better with age.

In the bottle this smells like straight up honey. Not a beeswax honey, but a gentle clover honey with a ton of golden sweetness! :lovestruck: Honey is a hot or miss note for me (especially the beeswax variety).

Wet to dry this starts out as mostly honey and then gradually dries into a beautiful honeyed-Snake Oil. NOM!

I love Snake Oil but sometimes straight SO ends up smelling like play dough on my skin. I have had better luck with the Snake Oil blends :)

Womb Furie is a win for me! I love this stuff! If you have a hard time wearing Snake Oil, try this one!

I think this would also make a great layering oil.

:wub2:

There is a sharpness to this that makes me sneeze. I had to wash it off – and got left with Snake Oil. That staying power, wow.

Womb Furie is SNAKE OIL + O. I know! You're shocked! But yeah, that's what I get, in the bottle and on my skin -- the bonus is that I LIKE Snake Oil in this blend. Normally I am not a fan of Snake Oil, but the honey makes it delicious.

I am so happy to find a wearable blend that involves Ye Olde Snake Oil, damn.

After reading the description, I had to get this. Plus Snake Oil and O are two of my favorites, so I had high hopes. I wasn't disappointed. When I first got Womb Furie, in the bottle, it was like someone had mixed bottles of Snake Oil and O together. I could definitely pick out the honey, and the more subtle vanillas of Snake Oil underneath that. Now, in the bottle, six or so months on, Snake Oil is becoming more and more obvious. On me, as it usually does, Snake Oil dominates, but there's definitely honey there. Very sweet, very sexy. Warm and vanilla-y and honey-y, three of my favorite things. Wish I'd stockpiled this one. Sigh.

Oh, it's good. It's very good.

In the bottle, it smells like Snake Oil and O mixed, but maybe slightly sweeter.

On, it takes on a very sharp powdery note initially. Not surprising because O does too, but this is a little much for several minutes.

After that, Snake Oil balances it more and the blend really sweetens up. It's warm and cuddly but also incredibly sexy. I think a guy could pull this off too.

The throw is awesome, and it lasts forever. I took a quick shower and I can still smell it without even bringing my wrists near my nose. It becomes more Snake Oil than honey eventually, but sweeter and slightly more powdery.

I can see myself wearing this through the fall and winter. I love the smell of a scarf or coat collar with Snake Oil lingering.