Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

WOMB FURIE
In the middle of the flanks of women lies the womb, a female viscus, closely resembling an animal; for it is moved of itself hither and thither in the flanks, also upwards in a direct line to below the cartilage of the thorax and also obliquely to the right or to the left, either to the liver or spleen; and it likewise is subject to falling downwards, and, in a word, it is altogether erratic. It delights, also, in fragrant smells, and advances towards them; and it has an aversion to fetid smells, and flees from them; and on the whole the womb is like an animal within an animal.
-- Aretaeus the Cappadocian

Oh, that wily womb! Hippocrates and his followers considered the womb a mobile creature, causing mayhem as it writhed its way through a woman's body. Sometimes this ornery organ, due to lack of sexual activity, would create conflicts within a woman's system or would become blocked itself, causing anxiety, nervousness, water retention, and sleeplessness. With the assistance of doctors, nursemaids, hand tools, or, occasionally, self-manipulation, this vexing condition could be alleviated through hysterical paroxysms.

Or, as we call it nowadays: orgasm.

An itch that needs to be scratched: Snake Oil and three types of honey.

To be honest, and snake oil have a less than great record. Straight up snake oil makes me deal with two hours of annoying spice before it gives me the soft vanilla, and none of the Snake pit were a success. This however, has PROMISE!!! The honey cuts out the harshness that the indonesian oils do when they're on my skin, and they're not taking over. I can still tell i'm wearing snake oil, but it's got some honey underneath. The honey and the vanilla also last for a long time, so i'm definetly not getting the disappearing act that I usually associate with snake oil blends. I highly recommend giving it a try!!

Fresh Snake Oil doesn't excite me at all. :( However, aged SO is awesome. (Wonky skin chemistry.) And of the Snake Pit, it seems that SO works very very well in combination with other scent notes. (I adore Boomslang, for example.) So when I first read about Womb Furie, I thought immediately that this would be the runaway hit of the Lupers. After tonight, I think I'm right. :) This is yummy! :wub2: I can't say that I got three different types of honey, but there is honey coating and dripping off the usual notes of spices, musk, and vanilla. Not only is this bottle-worthy, I may have to stockpile on this. :) Not too foodie sweet, just gorgeous and honey sweet. Did I mention that I adore honey and honey musk? If you like Lady Una, also, this may be a scent for you to try. (Lady Una has that wonderful honey musk.) For those of you who would like to try Lady Una, but can't deal with or don't like the blackberry leaf and/or the green tea leaf, Womb Furie may suit, indeed. I'm sniffing the back of my hand, and this is lovely still, hours later.

Edited by thekittenkat

Wet going on, I think I just came. That warms up beautifully. Snake oil went a little playdough on me, and the honeys temper it perfectly. This would be lovely as a lotion because I could imagine smearing it all over myself. This is one of those perfect-for-me scents.

I ordered a bottle just from the description, and it was very much worth it.

This stuff is awesome. A bit sharp on the SO (as usual), but it warms up to a sweet, spicy love. I will most certainly have to stock up. I think this will be most excellent in a year when the SO calms down a bit.

(oh - and, there are two different labels, since I ordered two bottles & got two different labels ;) )

Adding to the chorus of "this is awesome!"

Because, well, it is.

I, too, plunged for a bottle unsniffed. I love Snake Oil, I love the snake pit, I will try anything with honey as a listed note I love it so.

It definitely has that slightly sharp edge that very fresh Snake Oil has, when immediately applied, but it's tempered by a sweet, luscious honey. As a warning for those that hate it, I do find the honey in this to be quite similar to the honey in O, to my nose. This is definitely not a foody honey blend, with the other notes, but still a thick and potentially sexy one.

As it dries, the vanilla and spices warm up in the Snake Oil and start to blend with the honey in the most amazing way. I do find this blend to be heavier on the SO than some of the snake pits (such as Boomslang and Western Diamondback). There is definitely identifiable Snake Oil here!

I couldn't contain myself and tested it pretty much as soon as it arrived, so I am very looking forward to seeing how this settles and ages. I like my SO and snake pits with some age on them, to mellow the SO out, so I can imagine this blend will only get better and better. I'm considering breaking my "no more backups!" rule. :)

This is very much Snake Oil and O, and in a very good way. The Snake Oil is not a component in the background, and it does seem to have that rawness that fresh SO has. The longer I have it on, the more I can smell the nuance of the honey(s), and it starts to take on a character unique to itself, rather than just smelling like I layered SO + O (would that be SO2, with the 2 as subscript? chemistry!).

I love it fresh and I am absolutely certain that I will love it even more aged. I rarely break my "no multiple bottle hoarding" rule, but I will get at least two more of this one. This is a long-term keeper and will be a BPAL classic.

Note: The longer I wear this, the more throw it has, too. Nice waft to it.

Edit: In less than two weeks of having this blend, it's already started deepening in that Snake Oil way. Oh my. So good.

Edited by abejita

In the bottle, it's yummy honey. On me, it's yummy honey and ... fresh Snake Oil. This is definitely going into the closet for at least six months, because I know it's going to age like a champ, but right now, the fresh Snake Oil ain't my thang...

It smells like snake oil and honey. There is no magic transformation for me - it smells just like snake oil and honey. I think I'll keep it for now, but it needs to age before I really want to wear it.

Womb Furie - This is really pretty. It's exactly what you'd think it'd be -- Snake oil and honey. It's very sweet and smooth. It has the powderiness about it of O, but without the cloying qualities of O. It's got a hint of plastic about it, but fresh Snake Oil usually does on me. I like this a lot better than plain Snake Oil and I'm delighted that something in my skin chemistry changed so that I can now wear honey scents without smelling like poopy diapers. :D This isn't the type of fragrance that makes me want to forsake the rest of my BPAL collection, but it's really nice, very pretty, and I will enjoy wearing it, especially as it ages.

For those who like O, you're going to love this. To my nose its a dirtier, sexier version of O. Nothing like a little Womb Furie to heat up the night. The Snake Oil gives it a bit of spice, but otherwise I smell honey, and I love it.

I know this sounds like a lame review, but it really is honey and snake oil. I love BPAL's honey notes and Snake Oil is always a favorite for me, so this was definitely a purchase unsniffed. I love it now, and I know as it ages, it will become even more amazing.

I'll concur with the review that this is sexy version of O. Very nice and very much a keeper. :wub2:

Yup, honey and snake oil! :lol:

It's nice, though...smooth and lush honey and the spice of snake oil give it a kind of light cinnamon waft at first...It's really delicious.

At first I thought I didn't need it because I have several honey scents, including my fave, Honey Moon, and at first it seemed like this was too faint and fleeting on me.

Must have been a day I was trying something really strong, because I put it on last night, and woke this morning and could still faintly smell it. That said, it doesn't have nearly as much throw as O which probably isn't a bad thing...it kind of invites you in closer.

Bottleworthy for sure!

In bottle: Pretty much as expected. The honey amplifies the sweetness of the vanilla. Basically, this is a sweeter snake oil. Wet: Much as in bottle. It’s more delicate and sweeter smelling. The honey takes a lot of the edge off the snake oil’s harsher elements, so it smells more like the aged version than the fresh. As it warms, the honey differentiates a bit, creating a richer effect. Dry: OMG! The honey really enhances the tree oil and vanilla. The result is surprisingly complex and exciting. If you like snake oil, you’ll love this!

Interesting. Snake Oil and all prior variants turn into plastic doll head on me. And this was no exception, until the very very dry stage. After about 2 hours, it was sweet but sexy. I kept smelling it, baffled. It's almost too sweet for me, with a bit of sweaty naughtiness.... but it smelled GOOD.

I might get a bottle... maybe. The first two hours were annoying, going from yum to yuck and back again, repeatedly. But once this settled, it lasted ages. I'm intrigued. I sort of want a Snake Oil blend that works.... off to the talk me down thread I guess....

Womb Furie is exactly what I expected. It's a solid Snake Oil/O combination. A little lighter on the Snake Oil... it's mostly honey and vanilla, with a bit of the grunge from the SO element. Both can be a little funky when fresh, and this is too, but I have no doubt it'll be drop dead gorgeous with some age on it.

Sweet and dirty. I'm rather taken with it and will hang on to my bottle. ;)

In decant: Modified Snake Oil (vanilla w/spices)

Wet: Got that snakey spicy going on. Not getting any honey at all.

Drydown: It’s a bit plastic (that’s the Snake Oil again). Still no honey.

Later: Sorry, this one is a failure on me. Just doesn’t work with my skin chemistry at all.

As everyone else has said, this is exactly as advertised--honey and Snake Oil. On me, it really takes the best part of bpal's rich, musky honey notes with the sweet spiciness of aged SO underneath. I get more honey than spices, which works great for me. For my chemistry, at least, two great tastes that taste even better together.

In bottle: bitter honey

On skin: creamy O honey with some medicinal resins

Half-hour later: not much morph, lots of O with a touch of Snake Oil

In conclusion: I love love love O, but I'm not the biggest fan of straight-up, fresh Snake Oil -- the resins are so bitter and medicinal. However, aged Snake Oil is some good stuff and I'm sure this blend will just get better and better as the Snake Oil matures. Delicious! :wub2:

Well, despite owning a decant of every blend from the snake pit, I still have never smelled pure snake oil! I do have a pretty good idea of its base notes of resin and spices, and I get that familiar SO whiff when I take a sniff from this bottle. On me, its as sweet as O but very faint, as Womb Furie lacks the golden tones of amber that amp on me when I wear O. The throw is not that great. Its one of those scents that stick close to your skin. This is a great scent for adding to lotion and layering. I will have to experiment with this one! Glad I got two 5mls... :D

Okay, i'm gonna go ahead and review this one, with the expectation (and hope!) that i will return with better results in a few months.

Fresh in the bottle I get the sweet honey of O and the warmth of Snake Oil. Unfortunately, pretty much the moment this hits my skin, it opens up into Playdoh of DOOM. Now, i have to say, this confuses me, as i do not have the Playdoh of DOOM problem with either Snake Oil or O when they are by themselves and fresh. That said, i so prefer both of those blends aged, for other reasons (Snake Oil is a bit to harsh and medicinal when fresh, and O tends to be powdery when fresh). So perhaps something about the *three* honey notes in combination with the fresh Snake Oil is what has caused this unfortunate result.

The end result is that i can't wear this at the moment, the Playdoh is just too overwhelming, but i have my fingers crossed that age will get improve this blend and make it wearable. If *that* happens, i will need multipl bottles, because if it ever smell on my skin the way it does in the bottle, i could bathe in it. So now, my only worry is, should i be buying back-ups *before* i know whether or not age will help?

This is honey, honey, and HONEY - super sweet and rich to the point where it's kind of nauseating for the first half hour or so. The Snake Oil isn't really present until it's been on my skin for about an hour, and even then it's buried under the honey which has developed a very sweet and nutty quality, kind of like O.

Given there's Snake Oil involved - this may age nicely, but I don't think I'll bother waiting. I can easily recreate Womb Furie by layering O and Snake Oil.. but I don't think I'll be doing that - the combination is just too sweet for me. I'm kinda disappointed in this one, because I love my Snake Oil and I have several of the Snake Oil Chaos Theory blends that I also love, but it seems that in this case.. honey is not my friend.

I was afraid of the honey in this. O and I do not get along. O smells like pee on me. I was relieved and pleasantly surprised by Womb Furie. I get nothing but softly sweetened honeyed Snake Oil! Good, not powdery Snake Oil, at that! Cannot wait to get at least a bottle (if not multiples!) and age this baby! Its gooooood.

O haters, do not fear!

Can't add much to the reviews that are already here: This is Snake Oil plus an O-ish honey. I hope the honey scent stays around as this ages, and I hope it gets better and better like SO does.

I often have trouble wearing both Snake Oil (too harsh) and O (too much honey), but Womb Furie seems to hit the perfect middle ground between the two for me. On days when my chemistry is working right, the scent curls up around me like rich, spicy, sweet pipe smoke. Big fan.