Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
thekittenkat

White Chocolate, Black Raspberry, and Apricot Cordial Truffle

White chocolate, black raspberry, and apricot cordial truffle.

The white chocolate seems to be gently trying to push the black raspberry and apricot out of the front and so far it seems to be succeeding. After it has completed dried down, I still get mostly white chocolate with very sugary sweet fruits in the far background. Now, I'm a girl that loves sugary sweet scents, but this was way too much for me which is sad because I was really excited about this blend. :(

I like! The white chocolate is smooth, and blends so well with black raspberry and apricot cordial. Very, very sweet. No shockers with this one. I dont think I love it enough to get a full size bottle, but happy I got to try it out ;)

Wet: Why yes, there's black raspberry here! And booze. I don't get apricot on first whiff, but I do get the "cordial" part, which is surprising, as boozey notes rarely manage to smell alcoholic on me. There's a smooth, creamy white sugary cocoa butter edge to this, but while it's freshly applied, it's barely there.

Dry: The black raspberry seems to step down and hide inside the apricot after dry down. I get a clear picture in my head of orange-colored, clear jelly, flavored with apricot cordial, surrounded by white chocolate. The booziness is a bit sharp, but it gives the scent a lot more dimension and perhaps maturity than it would otherwise have. The white chocolate has a sort of cocoa-y intensity to it... it smells a bit earthy and deep, as if there were secret flakes of dark chocolate sprinkled on top. This also has a good deal of throw!

Overall: This was more chocolatey than the dark chocolate truffle scent I tried from this year's batch, lol! It's too foody for me to really love it, which I could have predicted, but I'm glad I tried it. It smells really delicious. I'd like to eat it.

I'm one of those always calling out for MORE RASPBERRY so I was happy to see this blend this year, and it doesn't disappoint. Wet, it's an even blend of the three notes, and the white chocolate is creamy and sweet and behaving nicely on me for a change. Dry, this is almost all black raspberry with a hint of apricot and it is *delicious*! I really love it; it doesn't seem to have the greatest throw, but I'll give it a full day's wear and see how it performs.

Basically this just smelled like a fruit-scented plastic doll from the 80s on me ... I used to have these dolls called Charmkins and this smells like one of those. It's gone from my skin in about 30 seconds, too! :(

Light golden yellow oil. Intensely creamy and rich white chocolate that smells a bit artificial, quite a bit of brandy that's only lightly tinged with apricot, and a light but delicious and unique black raspberry note. I'm sad and surprised by how weak the fruit is.

More...perfumey? As in, sorta floral? Bizarre. More of the black raspberry, which is definitely black raspberry, not raspberry or blackberry - it's a new note in BPAL to my nose, and I love it! It's like a darker, less sweet, more complex raspberry note. The booziness has faded dramatically letting a bit more apricot emerge, but it's not too heavy or cloying as I often find that fruit. The white chocolate is still heavy and fake-ish, but I do get a strong cocoa butter note. Less creamy but no less rich.

Faint throw on my skin for how much I slathered and how strong it is in the imp, so I had to reapply. The delicious black raspberry note really amps on my skin to become by far the strongest note, with apricot firmly in second place, and not syrupy - more of the jammy, cooked apricot note from Banketstaaf. The brandy note holds well after its initial fade and adds wonderful depth, richness and complexity. The white chocolate, though thankfully light, is more plastic-fake, with an oddy creamy waxiness and that musty quality of many foody/baked good scents in the drydown.

Delicious, deep and true black raspberry and rounded apricot brandy (it's like I can smell the wood it was aged in - sort of like an apricot Montresor) over fairly faint fake vanilla/musty white chocolate. This would be SO INCREDIBLE without the white chocolate, and I may try to put up with it. Good throw and longevity after heavy slathering.

:yum:

ETA: It really does smell like an 80s fruity plastic doll when I sniff and think about it, now. Which is not necessarily bad. And the roommate liked this one and he's much pickier than I am.

Edited by fairnymph

Wow, this is really strong fruit. It's definitely an apricot/blackberry mix. Frankly, I don't get any white chocolate from this. It does smell maybe a bit too strong...like a little fake/plastiky.

I'm having a lot of trouble with this. I keep wanting to smell my arm, but it's a little more like i'm interested in it instead of just wanting to smell it like the scents that I love.

I'm really undecided. I might have to try to do this as a day long test. I like fruity scents so that's why this SHOULD be good for me, but there's something missing. If you like fruits, you have to try this one.

Holy Christ this is strong when it's wet! I feel like you should be rubbing your face with this in preparation to moisturize!

:lol: I would love some toner that smells like this.

In the imp it's very very fruity, a creamy delicious melted down swirl candy. On skin, the chocolate sort of pimped itself out for me, but it was certainly a creamy white chocolate. If there is a note of "fake" in the scent, my mind ignores it and attributes it to the fact that white chocolate is typically fake already, so I must not notice it. The apricot tries to pop out of the chocolate every so often, like it's drowning in cream. And I really like that silent battle going on around my wrists. The raspberry however isn't as prominent to me. I think it just sort of blends in the blood-bath of apricot and chocolate and turns into a very simple berry blend. The booze notes I'm missing, however I think I may be misinterpreting it as Apricot as well. They go so well together anyways. :yum:

Overall, it's certainly one I'll slather on during those chiller days when I want to smell creamy and delicious. I just got a decant (from the awesome salixnoir) but I think it should last me a good long while.

I missed the chocolates last year. :cry: So I can't really compare. But I'm very happy with this scent. It's delish.

Edited by CaffinatedAngel

Mmm, this is exactly like I imagined it to be. It's a pretty even mix of the three notes, and they work together quite nicely. I can't do the Lab's milk chocolate note, and the dark chocolate is hit-or-miss, but the white chocolate is love. That said, while I love this blend, it's exceedingly sweet, to the point where my teeth ache just a bit, so I'll have to be in the mood to wear this. I'll probably just stick to my decant, as sweet scent moods don't come along all that often for me.

Oh... the white chocolate does not agree with me.... but the funkiness of the white chocolate fades pretty quickly. Now it is just the slightly tart yet sweetness of raspberry and apricot cordial. Fruity and slightly boozy. Not bad, but not for me.

This is stunning. The black raspberry is tart, fresh and crisp. The apricot cordial is juicy and together with white chocolate this is extremely delicious. A perfect scent to wear into spring. Fruity, slightly boozy and creamy. Love. :wub2:

Edited by Schmoozy

I don't know what the difference between this year's chocolates and last years...but it is a vast improvement. This actually smells like white chocolate. :yum: I want to eat my wrist. The raspberry is sweet and the apricot is juicy. I just want to eat my wrist! :yum: I don't know if I am going to keep this...but I am really glad that I got a chance to try it.

In the bottle, I'm getting an odd combination of the black raspberry, apricot cordial, and the white chocolate (which is really dusty). We'll see if it behaves on my skin. On my skin, it's pretty much black raspberry and apricot, going almost lip gloss flavory or medicinal. Erm. Ends up smelling like this odd chocolate fruit lip gloss that I had when I was really young. Not quite for me, sadly.

Edited by Venneh

Wow. This one is really nice. It's like a vaugely berry apricot drink with a bar of chocolate sitting in it. I first thought this would be like the peach note, the same in every blend, but this was different than anything i'd had before. It's really nice. And it remains consistent, doesn't fade fast. Took like 3 hours for it to go away, and it's still a lil bit there.

The black raspberry and apricot cordial (in that order) are the two most prominent elements on me, and I'm just fine with that. It's just boozy enough, which I like, and while it's fruity there's enough tartness there to keep it from venturing into cloying territiory (B&B Sun-Ripened-Raspberry, anyone?) I do get a background of white chocolate, and since this is a "truffle" scent I'd expect it to be more about the filling than the chocolate, which is really just the shell. I'm a sucker for the sweet and foody stuff so this is right up my alley, and the zero-calorie factor doesn't hurt either.

Definitely the biggest thing I can smell is the white chocolate. As I inhale deeper, I get the wafts of the black raspberry. And yeah, its not like the usual raspberry. It's darker, less sweet, a little tarter. It basically dries down to a fruity white chocolate scent.

And yes, it does sort of smell like an 80s doll. Kinda nostalgic, actually.

White Chocolate, Black Raspberry, and Apricot Cordial Truffle-

In Bottle: Alcoholic floral fruits. Delicious!

Wet: Black raspberry fights for dominance. It reminds me of those great jellied raspberry candies. I don't think I smell the chocolate but it might be fleshing out the base of the scent.

Dry: Sweet and fruit-floral, with that rich alcoholic note. I think it's primarily a Black Raspberry Cordial scent, but I have no problem with that, it's delicious. (And it's nothing like cherry cough syrup!)

Overall: Sweet fruity foody scent; I like a lot!

This is just such a lovely blend-bpal dark/milk chocolate almost never smell very good on me for some reason, even though I love them so-there ends up being an odd nutty/grainy kind of smell. But bpal white chocolate (which is my least favorite chocolate irl) is just so sweet and creamy and delicious on me!

I knew I had to try this one when I saw apricot, because I adore apricot and don't see it in enough bpal-I love Beth's apricot here-to me it's the strongest note, which makes me very happy-it combines perfectly with the black raspberry (another note I adore) and the white choco!

So happy I grabbed a bottle of this before the Lupers went down!

In the decant: This definitely smells true to the description.

Wet: Raspberry filling more than anything else.

Drydown: Gelatinous fruity filling. No white chocolate.

Later: This is fun, even though I am only getting the filling. Certainly not an everyday scent, but it'll be a great pick-me-up!

Fruity alcohol — that's the cordial part of it. I get a teensy bit of chocolate, just not as sweet as I would expect.

Imp decant gifted to me by greylin:

I've got a friend who is working on selling various candies. He uses me as a guinea pig a lot, since I live relatively close by and have several people around that I can have help give feedback.

One of the recipes that he has down perfectly is a dark chocolate raspberry truffle. This smells exactly like taking a bite from one of Richard's truffles.

White Chocolate, Black Raspberry, and Apricot Cordial Truffle

Yum! :yum: This smells like the name implies. It has good throw, though the initial strong fruitiness and slight booziness fade as it dries on my skin. I think a decant is all I need of this, but it's great for wanting to smell edible!

I've wanted to try this since the chocolate box first arrived, thanks to the sell/swap forum I finally get to. :D

In the bottle: Mmmm chocolate and raspberry. Not white chocolate, more milk chocolate to me? Sort of like opening a bag of mixed Tootsie rolls, with the chocolate and fruit scents combined, yummy!

Wet on skin: WELL HELLO THERE, RASPBERRY.

Dry on skin: Chocolate comes through again, fading a bit the more time passes until it's more of a background scent with the raspberry and apricot taking center stage.

I really really like this. And sort of want to track down bottles of all the other chocolates just for the truffle pictures on them. :wub2:

This is delicious! The white chocolate note smells the same to me as the one in White Chocolate and Sugared Violets (which I also like).

In the bottle and freshly applied it's all white chocolate and bit of raspberry with the apricot way in the background but as it sits on my skin the fruits get jucier... I can't stop sniffing my wrists! The white chocolate gives a creamy background to the raspberry and apricot. I definitely need more of this. :yum:

Edited by unlaced

In bottle: Raspberry on top, but all elements well blended. Wet: There’s an artificial edge to it that is unfortunate. The cordial comes out a little more, but it stays raspberry dominant. I’m glad I didn’t order a bottle as it gets more artificial smelling as it warms. I’m pretty sure the raspberry note is the issue, as I’ve loved the apricot and white chocolate separately in other blends. Dry: Ah, there’s the apricot. The raspberry degrades into a vague chemical mush and the white chocolate is a ghost of itself.