Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
thekittenkat

White Chocolate, Black Raspberry, and Apricot Cordial Truffle

White chocolate, black raspberry, and apricot cordial truffle.

Another Chocolate Box winner for me. Again, this is pretty much as advertised. However, the white chocolate and the apricot take a back seat to the black raspberry, from first sniff of the bottle to a long-time dry-down. If you wanted to like Berry Moon and didn't care for the musk that was the base note, you might like WC,BP&ACT. Btw, if the cordial was indicating a boozy note, I didn't pick that up, for which I'm grateful.

Glorious sweet apricot, raspberry, and chocolate while wet. Apricot note is really strong at first.

As it dries, it goes a little plasticky on my skin and the apricot starts to smell like the old Strawberry Shortcake Apricot doll from the 80's.

Once dry, the raspberry and chocolate notes strengthen and help balance the scent on my skin.

I bought this one without even thinking. Black raspberries are a personal and sentimental favorite as my grandparents had bushes of them on their farm.

Wet the perfume is mostly the white chocolate. No berries or apricot. However, upon drydown I do get more of a berry smell. It isn't an exact black raspberry smell, but close enough! A very yummy foody smell!!

In decant: creamy raspberry

Wet: Well, getting the black raspberry and apricot cordial, but not much else. No chocolate.

Drydown: No, this isn’t working for me. The cordial isn’t blending well and I’m not getting chocolate

This one isn't too bad...the apricot and raspberry are totally battling out and overpower the white chocolate. I do get a hint of cordial which is nice but this is mostly a berry scent.

In my decant and immediately upon application the white chocolate is very prominent. It is very clearly a *white* chocolate here, a rich creaminess tinged with chocolate. After a bit of settling on my skin the fruits emerge. I can tell that the fruity components are apricot and raspberry but the fruits don't smell juicy or "just picked": this is a dessert for sure.

My overall impression is of sniffing an already bit into fruit filled chocolate truffle. Spot on!

This is my favorite of the She Goat chocolates! The white chocolate note in this year's is different and much better than last year's. Its less chocolaty and waxy, and just lighter, sweeter and creamier. So that's awesome.

The blend goes almost entirely apricot cream on me. And I love the apricot note! Its the same note in Grand Guignol and Toothsome Banketstaaf and its just pure love on my skin. The black raspberry ads a sassy and tangy berry kick and its just omnomnom good! Will definitely be purchasing a bottle.

This one is actually pretty simple!

In the bottle: Dirt. Or, fresh potting soil. Kind of scared to try this. Don't know where this is coming from.

Wet: YUM! White chocolate. Creamy, sweet, delicious white chocolate! My favorite chocolate. And nothing else.

Dry: Black raspberry and artificial strawberries. No more chocolate or dirt. Strange. Smells like a creamy, non-musky berry moon.

Overall: Very strange transition. A very simple scent, with very few notes. It transitions from one note to another without really seeming like a blend. Could just be my strange nose, but that's what I smell!

When first applied this is almost all apricot, a super strong, synthetic smelling apricot. Thankfully once it dries down the raspberry note begins to come out. Like several of the other chocolate blends I've tried, I'm not getting any chocolate from this. While the fruit elements aren't very natural smelling, it's not too bad. I'll give it another go before I decide on wether or not to get a bottle.

From bottle to drydown, this is extremely syrupy-sweet and artificial-smelling fruit, with a boozy sharpness underneath. It's not a good combination. I don't really smell white chocolate, although it may be contributing to the overall cloying effect. I've really enjoyed the apricot note in a few other blends, but it's not working here-- overall, this smells like a very cheap, artificially-flavored fruit liqueur. Tragic, as I really thought I'd love this. :(

I almost bought all of the truffle scents, but held off on the whiskey one as I had a pretty firm idea that it wasn't going to work on me. This one didn't either, as, once I put it on, I smelled like one of those old renuzit cone air fresheners. I smelled like a doctor's office bathroom (sans the pee on the floor from people missing the cup). Ah well.

This decant is from Lycanthrope's Misk Valentine decant circle.

In the decant: a dazzling chocolate raspberry scent. It reminds me of raspberry jelly rings that I love so very much.

On my skin, wet: the apricot comes out, a little - there's a fruity note there that doesn't seem like raspberries. There's a certain booziness to it at this point - I'm guessing the cordial aspect of the apricot.

On my skin, dry: This takes a long time to dry down, and stays intense throughout drydown, which surprised me. There's something about the base note of chocolate - in this, and throughout the collection - that serves as a fixative for this scent, which is great, because fruit notes don't usually last long on me. Anyway, wafting I still get the raspberry jelly ring impression, but close to my skin it's a more mellow apricot.

Verdict: Lovely! I like it about as much as, or a little bit more than White Chocolate, Strawberry & White Pepper. We'll see how it plays out into spring and summer.

Edited by CaptainEcchi

I love this. I have a thing for raspberry and chocolate and for anything apricot, so I had to have a bottle of this. I think that the strongest note is the raspberry, but I definitely smell the chocolate and the way that the apricot combines with the berry is just lovely. I think that the cordial note takes it from a simple foody scent and gives it more of a complexity and takes it into the perfume realm. I also think that it will age beautifully because of it. I also love these notes with the addition of a bit of rose, so I am going to try it layered or worn along side a bit of Hope and see how that combines.

Lovely white chocolate! The best rendition of white chocolate's true scent that I've gotten from a perfume. The fruit scents keep morphing on me for hours, duking it out for supremacy. The apricot goes through a strange phase early on (like Grand Guignol does on me too) where it smells weird and doesn't resemble any other scent I know, but then it settles back into fruity goodness. The raspberry lasted forever on me, long after the rest of the scent had faded, a good bit more than 24 hours. Creamy, fruity goodness!

I don't care for apricots or apricot scents, so I wasn't sure what to expect with this. But this is a lovely fruity chocolate scent! Very heavy on the raspberry and chocolate, which is surprising because to me, white chocolate is the same as nothingness. It's sweet, but not overpoweringly so. For fruity chocolate, I much prefer Midnight Kiss, so a decant of this will suffice.

i don't do well with heavy food scents and this one didn't get a full skin test for that reason. however, i did a bottle test, and it reminded me of overly sweet coffee drinks. i spent several years working in coffee bars and this definitely reminded me of the over the top heavily syruped sugar loaded frozen ...things that we used to push as specials. it's all fake fruit notes with a base of fake white chocolate. i'm sure that someone with better skin chemistry and a higher level of tolerance to foody blends would fare much better with it than me.

This is the first of my decants I tried and wow. It does not disappoint.

In the decant it's mainly apricot and black raspberry. The black raspberry being quite more dominant. It's not overly juicy either which I like and is sweetened by a hint of creamy white chocolate WITHOUT being overly sweet or sugared (but don't get me wrong, this IS a sweet scent haha).

On my skin the white chocolate becomes more prominent and the black raspberry calms down ever so slightly while still remaining dominant over the apricot, but the apricot keeps this from being too raspberry-ish of that makes any sense.

Over time the raspberry becomes less dominant and dissolves into the chocolate and apricot. At the days end I can still smell it, but I'm left with something hmm. Not light, but not as intense. Like warmed white chocolate and roasted raspberries. My skin tends to make things smoky as they fade which is odd, but it definitely happened for me on this scent without it really being SMOKY. Lovely dry down.

Overall this is a really, really lovely white chocolate black raspberry with a hint of apricot scent on me. Quite spot on and realistic! I'm contemplating a bottle!!!

Oh by the way. This is foody, but as the day does no it morphs into something that is more than just chocolate, something better!

This was the chocolate blend that I was most excited for this year, but I can't smell any of the apricot that I was hoping for, and it's very light on the actual chocolate. That said, I do still kinda like this.

I have to be in a mood for a tart, fruity scent to wear this, as it's mostly a tart, purple-red, candied raspberry. As it dries down, I get the tiniest hint of creamy chocolate that smells just like the white chocolate in the original Thirteen blend. It smells like a bowl of frozen, syrupy raspberries with a drizzle of creamy, warm white chocolate. It's decadent, and definitely tart and fruity, but the sweetness balances out the tartness really nicely, and the creamy chocolate softens its edges. It's like a fruity scent with attitude, and I can see myself wearing it a lot this summer.

My husband really likes this on me and said it smells like strawberries to him...

Edited by Little Bird

White Chocolate, Black Raspberry, and Apricot Cordial Truffle – When wet, this smells good enough to eat. The three notes – white chocolate, raspberry, and apricot – are in perfect balance, and I am tempted to lick my arm (but I refrain! I’ve learned my lesson about licking BPAL! :lol:) However, as it warms up on my skin, it starts to lose its yummy sweetness and gain a flat, plastic-like scent about it. The apricot disappears, and the white chocolate becomes more subtle, but it’s also the white chocolate that’s “turning” on me…a it sometimes does. Even though I know foody scents like this rarely work on my skin, I still keep hoping that someday one will blow me away that also stays true on my skin. This one isn’t it. (But if I came across a truffle that tasted as good as this one initially smells, I’d be one lucky lady!)

White Chocolate, Black Raspberry, and Apricot Cordial Truffle - LOVE this. It's sweet and tangy apricot and black raspberry. I applied lightly and I don't get much chocolate, but it doesn't matter, 'cause this is soooo good. It reminds me a little bit of B&BW black raspberry/vanilla scent, but BPAL's is FAR superior. I'll probably need many, many bottles of this.

Holy Christ this is strong when it's wet! I feel like you should be rubbing your face with this in preparation to moisturize!

The black raspberry apparently tends toward blackberry on my skin, going all astringent, and the apricot is cloying. I don't get any white chocolate.

This is primarily raspberry with just the barest hint of apricot on me. I smell like I smeared my wrists with some kind of raspberry candy.

Not bad if you like raspberries.

Source: Fresh decant from a circle.

In the decant: Fruit liqueur. Very much all the apricot cordial.

Wet: Sweet, sweet, sweet fruit. Apricot and raspberry candy. I get a mental sugar shock just sniffing this. I don't detect anything that reminds me of white chocolate.

Dry: The fruity scents blend together much nicer after about 30 minutes. I still don't get any white chocolate from this, and it's a very artificial hard candy smell, but it's not unpleasant. I normally amp boozy scents like crazy, but I've been forgetting that it's supposed to be - whatever boozy elements it had in the decant, it doesn't come out on my skin.

Notes: This one seems to have pretty good wear and throw. I think it might be a fun summer scent for the right kind of mood.

It smells like raspberry jelly with something sweet and artificial. Berries tend to go artificial on me. I don't get chocolate.

Edited by BuxomM

Decant from Glasspillars

In the decant: Seriously sweet, syrupy fruits.

Wet on skin: The raspberry is head and shoulders above the other notes at this stage. It's teeth-achingly sweet, but in a pleasant enough way.

Dry: Now it's just a kind of nondescript sweetness, though I think I can still detect the apricot cordial. The chocolate never really managed to get a look in, with the raspberry and apricot slugging it out at the top.

Verdict: Inoffensive, but not special enough for me to need more than the decant.