Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TheIceMaiden

Milk Chocolate, Coconut, Cardamom, Rum, and Ginger Truffle

Milk chocolate, coconut, cardamom, rum, and ginger truffle.

This is the only chocolate blend I tried because chocolate & I are not friends. But with cardamom, rum & ginger? Ok, I'll try it.

Fresh on my skin it's all light chocolate & some cardamom. My little note pad reads "would be excellent without the chocolate!". I continued to test other scents on various body parts, but I couldn't put anything near where I put this because it was so strong HI!! I'm Chocolate Spice!! :lol: A bit later I could smell something smokey and I finally tracked it down to this scent. No more chocolate. Just spices & something smokey. I really like this.

I may update this after testing *just this* and not everything at once :blush:

This makes me think of Christmas cookies and candy. The cardamom and ginger are the dominate notes throughout and the chocolate is more of a background note. Think I will wear this one next year towards the end of fall into December.

I loved this wet--the chocolate and coconut were delicious-smelling--but as it dries it becomes a very dry, strong cardamom/ginger mix that's a bit overpowering. I like cardamom as a background note but it's front and center here and it's just too much for me. I think this would make a great room scent, though.

I was trying to remember why this was triggering such strong scent memories for me, and then it hit me, Indian sweet shops, and in particular Soan Papadi.

No coconut and rum for me, and the barest hint of ginger when wet. As it dries a bit more of the ginger starts to develop but it is mostly chocolate and cardamom at this stage. I shall see what it is like at the end of a long day, but it is certainly very nice the way it is at the moment.....if only I could stop thinking about sweets now I'd be happy

On the skin: Whoa! That is some major cardamom! This is very very strong. A very true to life cardamom. Later I start to smell some of the chocolate. I am not sure if I like this one..... The cardamom is actually too strong for me. Ah, well.

I definitely get the mulled wine with chocolate. Smells like a christmas dessert. I'm guess that's the ginger and the cardamon. The chocolate is pretty natural smelling on the skin, whereas in the imp, it smelled kinda gross. I really don't get any coconut from this which is a shame.

Throw seems to stay close to the skin, which I think is a good thing on this one. However, it's not quite for me. I like foodie scents, but this chocolate isn't doing it for me.

from sniffing the decant, I did not want to put this on. I love spicy scents, but whoa... the cardamom was SO strong. I was brave though, and tried it. It didn't get any better. I waited for over an hour, and it was still too much. I tried to scrub it off, with 3 different soaps. It was still there. So it has good lasting power, lol... I never got to smell the coconut or the rum, but the chocolate and ginger were in there, hiding behind the cardamom.

Very pale yellow oil. Sweet, creamy and SPICY - lots of kick. I get lots of both cardamom and ginger, lots of very creamy milk chocolate, and lighter coconut and not really any rum at all - unless it's in the sweet, foody, rich sense - I don't get BOOZE.

Okay, more booze and more coconut - and this rum is definitely the sweetened and spiced Cap'n Morgan's type. But the milk chocolate and spices are still in command by a bit, with the spices amped a little to be at the very top - both the cardamom are so spicy-hot and strong I can't tell if one is dominating, and they also meld a little bit. This is definitely the 'powdery' dry spicy ginger from Shub and Gingerbread Poppet, and the cardamom is the intense, green-fresh but dry-woody and spicy-hot (very complex!) note from Lamia.

This dries rapidly on my skin - it appears to devour it. As this happens, the spices amp and become drier and woodier and almost dusty, but still very spicy-hot - and the sweetness fades. i barely get any coconut, but I still get a little dark boozy rum. The milk chocolate, though still somewhat creamy, is less so and has started to do that 'rancid nutty' thing that the lab's note does on my skin. I don't like *any* of the notes in this blend, but so far, it's not horrible. I'm not running for the sink.

Racid nutty milk chocolate fail taking over - in combo with the still very commanding spices, I'm finding it almost nauseating - and the coconut has amped up a bit more, only a little - but adds an extra layer of cloying richness to this already far too rich blend. I think most of the rum that remains is having a similar 'adding some buttery richness' effect. Still, I'm not yet horrified - but then it's been maybe half an hour.

This never goes as rancid or horrible as other milk chocolate blends do, and I'm amazed by the incredible amount of creaminess this blend retains - the coconut definitely supports that, but the MC is mostly providing the cream. The Shub-like spices are never enjoyable for me and I don't find they meld particularly well with the other notes here - this is NOT a seamless blend on my skin. It is however exactly what the notes suggest, without being as cloying sweet and richly foody as I feared. Good throw and great longevity.

Yum Yum Yum!!

At first, I thought it was kinda gross - when it was wet, it didn't smell good at all (too much cardamom?) but then quickly dried down to a chocolate, coconut and ginger scent that is really delicious! My previous chocolate perfume, Comptoir Sud Pacifique's Vanilla Coco smells just like Cocoa Puffs on me so this one is definitely more of a mature scent.

I had bought an imp from someone, fell in love and immediately purchased a bottle within 5 minutes.

-Melanie

Edited by glitterlips

When I get a packet of imps or decants in the mail, there's often one perfume that raises its voice above all the others. It's the one that's so strong, I can smell through the mailer, plastic ziploc, bubble wrap, and plumber's tape, even though it hasn't leaked. Milk Chocolate, Coconut, Cardamom, Rum, and Ginger Truffle was the decant shouting its little head off through the envelope of my lupercalia update decants. What bummed me put about that was that the through-the-packaging smell was one of a cloying, artificial milk chocolate. So it was with very little enthusiasm that I actually opened up the decant to test it.

And wheeeeeee! It's fantastic!

There's an immediate blast of spicy, multidimensional cardamom. Like holding a freshly crushed pod under my nose. The chocolate rushes up behind it, and it is a hundred times more realistic on my skin than in the closed decant. It's rich, creamy, and very sweet. Both the cardamom and chocolate seem about equally matched in strength on the drydown. I was never able to pick out coconut or ginger, but the first may have been adding depth and creaminess, and the latter some subtle spice. If there was any rum in this, it thankfully never made an appearance. I love the warmth and sweetness of this blend; like a Mexican hot chocolate made with cardamom instead of cinnamon. This has tremendous throw. It's going to be amazing for the fall and winter, and I bet it ages like a dream...I just hope the cardamom doesn't lose any of its character or bite in the meantime.

This is a spicy, tart, creamy milk chocolate. It's not overly sweet. The ginger truffle & cardamom really temper the sweetness of the milk chocolate. Coconut and rum add creaminess and touch of tropics. Unfortunately my love for chocolate blends over the years has kinda disappeared. I am happy to have a decant to enjoy.

Edited by Schmoozy

Hm. 1) I'm realizing "milk" chocolate and I do not blend. White chocolate? yes. Dark chocolate? oh gods yes. Milk chocolate? = grossness. 2) Cardamon is not the best scent to smell like.

I had hoped the ginger would be dominant on me, I love spicy blends. Chai-chocolate? God I wish. This was a pile of cardamon and shaved chocolate on top. Period. So sad. Will trade it to someone with a more complimentary skin.

Edited by CaffinatedAngel

Milk Chocolate, Coconut, Cardamom, Rum, and Ginger Truffle:

In Bottle: Milk chocolate with a hint of hazelnut-coffee hits me.

Wet: Milk chocolate and a little alcoholic note. I think I can smell the perfume of the cardamom.

Dry: Chocolates turn into hazelnut-coffee chocolates on me, though this is not necessarily a bad thing! Particularly when they don't go musty. The coconut makes this just a bit sweet on me, but the cardamom and ginger amp this up in a deliciously spicy way.

Overall: I like a lot. A great chocolate scent on me.

I definitely get cardamom, cocoa and ginger from this. In fact, the cardamom is the most prominent feature. This reminds me alot to the purple/orange label version of 13, which I believe is April 07.

Pretty tasty. :yum:

Wet, this is coconut, rum and the milk chocolate. Kind of reminds me of a rum ball at this point. As it dries, a wonderful spice comes out, must be the cardamon and ginger, though the ginger is definitely subdued, the spices are perfectly blended here. I'm also getting a creamy milk note here that is quite pleasant. So this ends up being a very well blended creamy spice with a touch of chocolate. If the rum is here now, it's adding something that is not screaming. Very glad to have tried this, and though I'm not a foody, this is quite nice, more of a spice blend to me. I think it would be better suited to fall or winter weather.

Oooh, that's a lovely spicy chocolate! I think I've had tis chocolate bar. The coconut is a definite presence, very yummy.

I don't think I've ever been so conflicted about a scent before. In the imp, this smells like gross. I can't even describe what happened to my face when I sniffed this. I almost didn't test it, but I've learned my lesson, so I gingerly applied to my wrists.

Wet, there was definite funk. But as it dried it got better. There was a very powdery tone overall here, and the chocolate took on a similar vibe to Wulric. The ginger wasn't overly spicy, and I didn't get a lot of rum either. It mellowed out quite well. I don't think I'll need the bottle, but I may use the decant.

This is a horrid clash of scents on my skin. The coconut and ginger DO NOT LIKE ME. :P

In the bottle – A very dry spice scent

Wet on me – A bright, raw, ginger

Dry on me – The dry spices come through, with just hints of cocoa butter

Overall – Surprisingly dry and dark; a little bitter for my tastes

Milk Chocolate, Coconut, Cardamom, Rum and Ginger Truffle

This is delicious!!! Chocolatey and rich, a little spicy, almost nutty. The rum isn't too boozy, it's more of a candy "rum ball" scent. The ginger is subdued, more of a candied ginger scent rather than raw and biting. There's almost a bit of wood in the background.

After 6-ish hours of wear, it smells like a rich hot cocoa.

Ginger and coconut are favorites but not in this blend. Smells like dusty, cheap chocolate candies. The cardamom gives it a sourness that's not appealing. Ok now it's getting plasticky. No...

Milk chocolate with cardamom, with some ginger and a touch of rum. I didn't get the coconut...

And this is the perfect food, but not something I would like to wear as a perfume. It's nice, but I don't think that the milk chocolate is working for me, I think it would have been better with dark chocolate note.

But it really is true to it's description and very nice. :)

In the imp, the ginger, cardamom and rum predominate strongly - very strongly! I cannot smell the chocolate or coconut at all, and these are usually not shy retiring notes...

Once applied, the milk chocolate shows up, and unfortunately it brings with it a stale, almost rancid undertone. I agree with milo who compared the wet stage to the smell of rum balls, only to me this is like having to sit right next to a huge pile of rum balls after having already eaten too many - the scent is a bit too much, even if you love all the components in it.

The rancid note dies down after 30 minutes or so, thankfully, leaving a light spicy chocolate scent that lingers for a while. The drydown is rather nice, but it's not enough to make up for the chaotic early stages. Off to swaps with this one.

I've been wearing this for a few days straight now to use up my decant and it is, indeed, very yummy. I find that on my skin the chocolate, coconut, and cardamom notes tend to come out more, while in a scent locket I can smell more of the booziness. The chocolate scent is quite thick and there's that warm spice from the cardamom, but cut by the sweetness of the coconut, so it's not really a spicy scent, more of a rich and creamy one.

I can see why people who have difficulties with the milk note can't wear this one directly on the skin.

I wouldn't mind having more of this one someday.

On paper this should be good on me, except that milk can sometimes be iffy. In the decant it's milk chocolate, rum and cardamom, and on the skin it's milk choc, rum, cardamom and...bacon?? I don't know if it's my nose being broken or if it's the spice + the milk in the milk chocolate that makes this smell like charred pig on me, but it does. :( I very rarely have to run off and wash scents off, but this was one of them (I'm a vegetarian, and while I'm usually not squicked by meat, I've never much liked the smell of bacon).