Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TheIceMaiden

Milk Chocolate and Matcha Green Tea Ganache Truffle

Since there is a bottle available on etsy, I dug out my decant to see if I wanted to spring for it. What people are describing as Froot Loops or Lemon pledge I got as sweet tarts candy. Now as it has dried I've got a really, really creamy chocolate, with almost no matcha at all. It's nice, but I don't think the bottle on etsy is coming home to me.

I ended up with this by accident, but felt I should at least give it a fair go, even though it's not something I ever would have picked myself. Tea rarely works on me, and I'm having a hard time imagining how it will go with Chocolate.

In the bottle Very little chocolate. Green tea for sure, but also citrus. And totally fruit loops, as others have pointed out!

Wet: Mostly green tea and crisp citrus. It's actually quite nice right now!

Dry: I actually quite like this, and can see wearing it a lot in the summer. Very strong green tea, a hint of citrus. It did go through a short-lived "fruit loops" stage, but it didn't last. The only hint of chocolate I'm getting is the sweetness it lends the blend. Very nice! An unexpected surprise.

This is unfortunately just all lemon on me, with maybe a hint of tea and chocolate. I'm not really getting green tea because it's overpowered by this citrus. The milk chocolate note does come through a little at the end, but BPAL's accord can go plastic on me, which it did this time, Unfortunately, not really a matcha... ;) (No really though, I love strong matcha, and this just isn't it sadly). 😔