Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TheIceMaiden

Milk Chocolate and Matcha Green Tea Ganache Truffle

Milk chocolate and matcha green tea ganache truffle.

This is rather disappointing news - I was *so* looking forward to a strong matcha blend, as matcha powder is one of my favourite flavours in the world (Have you ever had them in cookies? DIVINE. ;-) and I prefer potent scents with staying power. I do like lime, but I already have a lot of citrusy blends, and was really hoping for something unique and wonderful with this one. :/

I'll still try and get a decant if I can though, just in case. :)

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT This is gorgeous!

I love Kumiho in the summertime and this first started out like fresh strong Kumiho with that lemony note amping like WHOA. Fortunately, after awhile, the lemon started mellowing out (as I knew it would - citrus fades with time) and then the soft chocolate came out with the green tea to back it up.

YUM :D

My only success this year from the 7 Lupes I've tried and this one is gonna be a bottle. Chocolate notes don't usually work on me (except in a few cases like 13 Orange 2006*) but this one surprisingly did - YAY!

(*Lovers of that should try this. Same with fans of Shanghai and Spirits of the Dead)

...Shanghai with extra LEMON VERBENA and some faint milky creaminess...

YES exactly. I think you really need to love citrus notes to really dig this.

HA! I figured it out: Green Tea Lemonade and chocolate!

Edited by rawgirl75

Citrusy green tea! This is so refreshing and zesty. I'm not really getting a chocolate vibe from it but the green tea is beautiful. Quite strong, too. Very nice and fresh.

All this smells like to me is the cubeb (lemony) note from Crib Girls. No tea, no matcha, no chocolate. It's pretty, but it's also a dead ringer for Crib Girls on my skin.

I love tea. Love love love. Also chocolate.

In the decant: Mostly milk chocolate.

Wet: Quite trufflesque.

Drydown: It's not so chocolatey any more. I smell the matcha—this smells like green tea ice cream, or green tea mochi.

Later: Lemon Pledge? Hmm. No thanks.

Colourless oil. Slightly bitter and sharp citrus - sort of like lemon verbena crossed with narcissus?! - and the green tea note from Shanghai and Embalming Fluid. Very faintly below I smell some creamy, sweet, milky Bliss-style chocolate.

LEMON PLEDGE OF DOOM (yeah, um, what did the notes say again? they LIED). So this reminds me a lot of Shanghai, but more Pledgey and fortunately less soapy. The green tea note is lighter, overwhelmed by the LPoD, and the milk chocolate is even more smothered, almost to the point of total oblivion. And I was afraid of the milk chocolate in this blend!

MORE LEMON PLEDGE OF DOOM. It's trying to devour me whole! It is SUPER SUPER LEMONY and I do like lemon but TRUE lemon, not verbena furniture polish/floor cleaner obnoxious steamrolling bully FAKE LEMON. However, the green tea has amped up a little despite the aforementioned tyranny, and a milky creaminess underlies the 'blend' - chocolate I can't really pick out, though.

This is really just Shanghai with extra LEMON VERBENA and some faint milky creaminess - and a fair bit of sweetness that I seem to amp in the later stages even though no chocolate is distinct. A disappointing, shocking deviation from what I expected - although I guess it's still better than Bliss, which is even worse on my skin. Intensely strong throw that amps over time.

:ack:

In the vial, this was an odd mix. I could definitely smell the chocolate, very Bliss like. Underneath it though was the green tea note. I wasn't sure if I was going to like this or not.

So, I opted to put some on my skin and also in a scent locket. Woah! The chocolate and green tea blended into this creamy, yummy goodness with a citrus like note. In the scent locket, the green tea gets amped up, but not in a cloying way. It's a very Spring like scent to me and extremely yummy.

I had high hopes for this one! I always look at green tea scents and hope that they smell like a green tea latte.... *sigh* So, this is kind of weird because this scent smells like lime. Lime green fruit loops.

This one is odd - I get lemony green tea but it dries to a dusty milk chocolate, slightly watery version of Bliss.

Lemon flavoured matcha green tea with an underlying hint of milk chocolate. I don't think I have ever seen lemon matcha before so it has to be a flavouring in the ganache truffle. Hardly any semblance of milk chocoalte other than a creamy smooth note. Not that it really matters, this does nothing for me.

This was an odd one. It ended up very dry. Chalky chocolate (apparently this is what "milk chocolate" does on my skin?) and an almost soapy green tea. Then the matcha dominates, and I feel like I just bathed with a can of powdered matcha. It made me think powdery and soapy. It turned shockingly /girly/ on me and I'm not sure how it achieved that either. It wasn't bad, on the right person it would be lovely. Just not for me, I'm thinking. Had strong throw, and lasting power.

Milk Chocolate and Matcha Green Tea Ganache Truffle:

In Bottle: Oh, dear, something musty and unpleasant. A hint of ginger, too, perhaps?

Wet: Not so much musty scent, and the ginger is stronger. Wait, I think it's lemon-lime that's rising up, rather than ginger. No chocolate at all.

Dry: Lemon-lime, with a little tea suggestion under it to temper it all. Darn, I had such hopes for this one; I love matcha candies.

Overall: Doesn't do what I'd hoped on me. Oh, well.

I'm getting a mild lime at first and not chocolate. Definitely sweet and bright and yummy, but the chocolate is lost on me.

Wet, and for a bit, this is all green tea. I love the Lab's green tea note, so this is a good thing. I don't get any chocolate at all, which is strange. This reminds me A LOT of Embalming Fluid at this point. After a half hour or so, a slight plasticy vanilla comes out. There are a few blends that do this to me, only they seem to come out with age, (Tokyo Stomp, Snow White), only this one makes it's appearance fresh. It's really not that bothersome, though I'm surprised that I get no milk chocolate out of this blend. I like it, but not enough to hunt down a bottle. The decant will suffice. Oh, it's also a very quick fade, it's disappearing as I'm typing...

Huh, this is rather citrusy on first sniff, which I didn't expect. It's a few minutes before the sharpness fades, but then it becomes a nice balance of citrus (bergamot?) and chocolate, with the faintest hint of tea. I like this stage of the blend, but unfortunate, it ends up mostly bergamot on me, with only a tiny bit of chocolatey tea.

I considered just buying a bottle of this, because matcha and chocolate are two of my favorite things. I'm really glad that I didn't, because all I can smell is lemon, lemon, lemon. Woe. :( Nothing like my delicious green tea lattes, I can tell you that, and I really don't get any chocolate from it, either.

Who the heck bottled their BO and slipped it into my perfume? :ack: Didn't even skin test, couldn't take the smell.

Sadly I don't really smell any chocolate in this, just lemon and green tea. Lots of lemon. It does smell quite zesty and fresh, and it seems like a good summertime scent... but I don't wear lemon scents.

In the bottle – A bright citrusy tea scent

Wet on me – Still that vibrant citrusy tea scent with just a hint of cocoa in the background

Dry on me – The scent becomes creamy and almost vanillic with the slight citrus sitting over it

Overall – Very good indeed. One of those scents you just catch a whiff of and want to smell again and again

Wet, all I smell is verbena...or is that sugar-drenched green tea with lemon? It's morphing into caramel. My skin sucked this up, because after 15 minutes, it's gone with a faint sugar scent on my skin.

I didn't smell any form of chocolate in this, but I didn't hate it.

There's no lime in here? Weird. The green tea smells really citrussy in the bottle, and the chocolate smells a little dirty as it sometimes does. As it dries, it smoothes out into a lemony/limey chocolate, with an emphasis on the citrus. Interesting. I'll keep it around.

In the decant: Chocolate and green tea, as advertised.

On my skin: Mmm, chocolate... and a lemony note that smells like lemon verbena. I really do smell matcha in this - for those who are not familiar with it, it's a powdered/ground green tea that's usually sweetened, at least in the US. Lemon verbena is here, though it's not as strong as it sometimes is on me, and I smell something almost like sweet tobacco... As it dries the chocolate fades and I'm mostly left with this lemony/tobacco note. Kinda weird on me....

I love tea and I love chocolate. Sadly I'm not getting much of either from this.

Bottle: Lime. Sparkly lime soda and chocolates.

Wet on skin: Smells like a fresh-cut lime . . . no . . . more like lime zest.

Dry down: I'm still getting that strong lime zest smell and no chocolate. Ten minutes later and I'm getting a powdery, citrusy green tea with a light touch of chocolate.

As much as I want to love this I think it's going into the swap pile :sad:

Imp: milk chocolate, tea, and lemon

wet/dry: if by milk chocolate you mean lemon lifesavers, sure. I actually like the citrusy blends so I'll probably hang on to it, but this is totally not what I was expecting. It morphs so that sometimes it's milky lemon, sometimes it's vanilla lemon, sometimes it's just aggressively lemon. It wants to go to Pledge, but the other notes keep it from becoming too fake.