Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
thekittenkat

Inganok Jewelers

Gleaming stone and silver.

This disappears to NOTHING on my skin. Not even enough of a scent left to review, sadly! Going on, it's a nice, cool metallic, but then... poof. Gone. Edited by Shollin

Metallics, silver, soft incense and oil. It's different but not a scent for me. Have to go wash off quickly.

Metal and incense! It makes me think of the cash register area at an import store my aunt used to work at: The incense was right next to the little metal sculptures of, like, elephants. And then as it dries, a sort of a hint of something almost WD-40-ish comes out -- sort of like the oil on metal pieces of things you would buy at the import store and have to take home to assemble yourself. Hmm. The longer it sits on my skin, the more the WD-40 comes out. Very odd. I like it (I even kind of like the WD-40 thing), but there are so many other oils I like more that I think I'll just stick with the decant and not bother getting a bottle of this one.

Another Luper that just didn't work for me. It starts off very sharp and metallic, but it does fade a bit to become kinda floral on me. I agree that I also get a little leather in the mix. I'm finding that leather just isn't my thing.

So while the toning down is a good thing, it's still not that great on me.

This one was a nice golden oil that had zero irritation factor once it touched my skin. I like this! It is unique and intriguing. I am getting the stone and silver, a very earthy factor for sure. I am getting visions of rock tumblers and shining sterling silver. Then I am getting leather, a masculine leather that is not too strong. Very good, something to try out out of the ordinary. Glad I ordered a bottle of this.

what an odd scent. at first, this positively reeks on me. i'm not kidding-my skin chemistry just does not like it...it smells like burning vomit or something. :ack: however, i gave it awhile to settle and didn't sniff my arm for awhile, and it smells better now that it's dried. it still smells odd on me, but not gross. it smells ike a metallic-ozone leather jacket on me. there is just no other way i can describe it but that.

Woohoo! This came today! Not going to do my usual bottle/wet/dry format as I can't recall the wet stage and don't want to apply more since I'll be showering soon... anyhow.

Bottle: Weird, really. Smells quite cool and slightly metallic. Definitely a scent that chills the nose a bit.

Dry: Okay, I do see how one could get leather out of this, but it's not leathery at all to me. Something slightly smoky incensy is going on in the background; not sure what sort of incense since I really don't burn much beyond frankincense, myrrh, or some mixture thereof... but it is a pleasant smokiness, so I do think it's an incense sort of note. Past that, it's like picking up a warm river stone and sniffing it. Also vaguely reminds me of how my silver jewelry tends to smell after being worn for a while... specifically, it really reminds me of my long since lost class ring. Light sniffing reveals a note that makes me think either orris or violet, although I am inclined to say orris since it's a creamy-smooth sort of scent, whereas violet tends to be sharper on me. That aspect definitely puts me to thinking of Silver Phoenix.

Otherwise, I'm not picking up overly much in the way of metal scent, which would be vaguely disappointing if the overall scent weren't pretty darn awesome to me. I would like to note that sniffing this does send a very metallic tinge to the back of my throat and leads to the taste of coins in my mouth, so there's definitely a very accurate metal note.

Very unusual, and yet very wearable to me. I am quite glad that I ordered this bottle unsniffed. :wub2:

:::INGANOK JEWELERS:::

Because finances were less than ideal (abyssmal? Oh, yes!) at the time when Inganok Jewelers was most readily available, the opportunity went whizzing by and there was a resulting descending vortex into a deep, blue, maudlin, carpet-kicking funk...

When this came up for grabs in a swap, there was a fingertip applauding with an accompanying squeal as this was aquired...

Ahem.

From the bottle: how these things are accomplished is elusive at best. Eyelids slam shut of their own accord and one is gripped in this sensation of being a lone feather released from lofty heights; fluttering earthward in slow-motion... ahhhhh.

The Lab really does some amazing things with their earthier and, especially, their metallic notes. "Silver" really is an amazing descriptor.

Sure, there are similarities to Iron, Gold, and Chrome notes from other blends, but this one has an almost metaphysical or alchemical sharpness that alludes to a more precious ore... Specflippingtacular!

There is also an almost chalky, geological or meteoric stoniness here too; recently chiseled marble or fractured granite. A stone/metal projectile hurled from the deeps of the cosmos and glowing with an otherwordly light from a freshly churned crater...

I get the impression that there is an almost timid kiss of Vetiver in here somewhere too, lending a murky sort of slickness to the overall impression...

On the skin: Wow! This really is extraordinary! On the verge of being sacreligious! This amps on a huge level!

Where other blends amp like plugging a bass into an amplifier in your garage, Inganok Jewelers amps like the feedback just before you deafen the first thirty-something rows at Wembley.

Vetiver is much more likely a candidate at this stage; perhaps the most snarlingly erotic Vetiver so far encountered.

Metal and Stone transform from something carried on the winds at the periphery of an apocalyptic scene to walking into an industrious warehouse piled high with mountains of glittering treasure amid the noise of hot machines, hard at their cutting and grinding and polishing. Good stuff!

Since hindsight is, as ever, 20/20, it is highly regrettable that 3 bottles of Inganok Jewelers was not purchased post-haste... Who needs running water?

This is a dramatically stupefying blend. Wearing this makes one feel right at home among the preening eschelons of true aristocracy, with more than a bit of inside information as to what's really goin on in places like Area 51.

The Wife has officially conceded that this one's, "Not bad".

The sister has condemned the body-chemistry of her elder brother citing that, with hers, this one's a bit, Eau du sweatsock.

The little dog avoids eye-contact for the most part except to convey grave concern for whatever is wrong with Papa-Dog.

Inganok Jewelers effortlessly earns a 5.5 out of 5.

While this could be spectacular as a unisex fragrance, from personal experience, this leans toward Him.

Superior!

Sweet, yummy, a little bit floral. It stays a bit sweet, and I definitely get the silver. The stone is more chipped granite than precious.

This is not necessarily a scent I could wear out of the house, but it had a sense of being from my past, something safe, perhaps something I might wear to bed (alone), comforting.But what did it smell like I hear you cry...Stone. Powdery stone, perhaps a little concrete, it made me think of someone tooling marble and there being dust from it piling up. It also had the teensiest hint of something sweet - candy necklace type sweets, but barely. It smells certainly like nighttime to me. Which may make no sense to anyone else but that's the feeling I got from it!This is not necessarily a scent I could wear out of the house, but it had a sense of being from my past, something safe, perhaps something I might wear to bed (alone), comforting.But what did it smell like I hear you cry...Stone. Powdery stone, perhaps a little concrete, it made me think of someone tooling marble and there being dust from it piling up. It also had the teensiest hint of something sweet - candy necklace type sweets, but barely. It smells certainly like nighttime to me. Which may make no sense to anyone else but that's the feeling I got from it!

This smells like a bag I had made out of goat leather (:() long ago that my dad got me. Like a stanky farmyard! It also reminds me of Black Opal A LITTLE bit. It doesn't smell like it, but I get the same kind of "vibe." It's like a totally unsweetened Black Opal with animal funk and maybe a tiny bit of metallic stuff and incense.

As funky as it is, I still kinda like it!

Even before I take the cap off the imp, I like this one.

The cap off, and oh, yeah. I can't wait to get this on me.

Smells heavenly on and seems to have a nice throw, too.

This distinctly reminds me of a little metaphysical shop I frequented while in college. I am new to training my nose to pinpoint notes, but I will guess, the most prominent note in Inganok Jewelers, and the one I'm really attracted to, is the incense Nag Champa.

Hubby doesn't care for it, but I'll just wear it when I'm not around him. This is definitely one to wear when I'm at the Gem Show!

:lovestruck:

Stone and metal. Dry, and slightly cologney. As it wears, there does seem to be an incense note that comes out. It sweetens slightly, but still retains the cologne vibe. I like it, bit it's a little too "cool" on my skin.

I had this decant for a shamefully long while before finally deciding to give it a test. I wish I'd given it a day in court much sooner, because... Mmmm. But isn't that how it always goes? icon_sad.gif

Wet on the skin it smells like the description-- cold and stony, bordering on dirt-like, but not. It's got a very regal tone to it.

After a few minutes on the skin it starts to develop a harder edge. The gilded, metallic tones come through loud and clear, with the jewels sparkling just beneath. On my skin, it dries down to a sweet gardenia mingled with something decidedly masculine. I keep sniffing to get a sense of what that might be, but can't quite grasp it.

This definitely strikes me as a "fancy" scent, or at least a semi-formal one. It's also unisex, as far as I'm concerned, and "ageless", meaning anyone could wear it For a little while I expected it to turn into Eau de Geriatric, given the other reviews, but nope. Gorgeous and memorable, I'll be looking for a bottle. wub2.gif

Edited by Indig0

I gave this one a few tries, but it's not working on my skin very well. This is a cloyingly sweet synthetic metallic scent. The silver is not for me, apparently.

This is going to sound really odd, but oh well. This blend is alarmingly metallic on my skin. Like so metallic that I can taste it. I think there's some dragon's blood in this, but only a hint. Honestly I have no idea what I'm smelling and trying to analyze it too closely will just ruin the effect. This is gleaming silver for sure, almost chrome to me. Really shiny, and brightly metallic with a hell of a throw. Definitely unisex. Quite a ride...I'm fascinated. I need more.

This smells almost EXACTLY like my workroom, I'm a jeweler and the scent of this is so accurate it's amazing. In the bottle, on my skin wet and dry, it's the same- sharp metal and cold stone, and it's really just a beautiful and curious scent. Definitely a keeper!

Wet: There is a sharp resinous and very metallic sweetness to this! No stone or cold scent yet, but I am loving this wet!

Drying: As it's drying, there is this leathery note almost like a leather cord (fitting for a Jeweler), but it's almost getting sweeter! It is still very metallic and sharp, but from the description I was expecting a cold scent, which this is very much not. It's almost getting sneeze inducingly sharp and resinous as it's continuing to dry down. I am definitely amping something that if I had to guess would be amber.

Dry: Whatever that sneezy sharpness is gone, and while I wish I got some of that stony coldness so many other people got, this is really a remarkable and unusual scent.