Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
cfrancesca

Werepuppy

A fuzzy brown honey-dusted musk covering freshly-washed baby skin and a howl of milk breath. In the background, there's the barest hint of upturned soil and dew-covered squished stems from a trampled flowerbed.

This actually was a cute little furry milky scent. I thought of a little puppy when I smelled it. How does Beth do that. It was very soft though and I didn't get much of the musk which was ok. This was very light though and lasted about an hour. Makes me wish my pups never grew up and stayed puppies forever. :wub:

I want to like this scent so much because the idea is ADORABLE, and the animal BPAL scents are usually perfect for me, but this just doesn't work. It mostly smells like chai tea on me with an undercurrent of that perfect puppy smell, and I wanted this to be ALL puppy smell on me. :cry2:

You know how there's an adorable puppy, and you're calling and calling and calling, but it will never come to you? Yeah. I have tried and tried to get Were Puppy to like me. It's just a no go. Most milk scents simply don't work on me. This one winds up smelling like a pina colada made with curdled milk. I'm going to have to admit defeat and try to find it a new forever home.

I find BPAL dairy notes really iffy.  Some are stunning on me, but a few go bad on my skin (Phantom Cow of Yerba Buena, Young Pine Saplings...).  Sadly, Werepuppy is in the latter category.  It goes from soft honeyed baby powder and nuzzling a sweet fuzzy infant to oops, the baby spit up on me.  Way too realistic for me!  The bottle art is adorable; the scent just doesn't work on me.  

Upon application, this screamed ginger snaps to me! Not sure why, maybe it's the honey fuzzy musk and milk combo? I haven't tried too many BPAL milk notes, but I like it in here. It resembles more of a vanilla cream on my skin. The soil note is in the background and I'm thankful it doesn't dominate these other notes. 

I wish my dogs smelled as sweet as this. Will likely be fine with this decant.

I really love this scent, though I am certain there is cinnamon in it and I have to be beyond careful with that on my skin.

This is a creamy, spicy, furry scent which seems so appropriate for a were-baby. I  don't get much soil, partially because the spice takes over on my skin. I love spicy scents, so I don't mind. The creamy fur lingers around the edges. Honey isn't really present, but there is a sweetness to it. It just doesn't have that peculiar note that honey has.

I am testing this 12 years later and it may be that the cinnamon has grown stronger with age. I will note that though the scent of cinnamon is strong, it does not irritate my skin much at all.

Exactly what the description says! A brown-sugared milky fur. Doesn't change on my skin. Not something i'd wear, but very cute!