Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
cfrancesca

Werepuppy

A fuzzy brown honey-dusted musk covering freshly-washed baby skin and a howl of milk breath. In the background, there's the barest hint of upturned soil and dew-covered squished stems from a trampled flowerbed.

Wow :huh: Cinnamon and sour milk? :lol: I definitely get the Burt's Bees comparison. I'm getting loads of spice from this and a lot of that sour honey note I'm not too keen on.. the cinnamon is totally unexpected!

Thankfully the milk dies back with time and it's a really really nice blend.. a milky skin scent with a hint of spice. Unobtrusive and comfy. I never get any soil/green stems. It's super light, pretty much no throw-- makes me think it'd be good for those days you "shouldn't" wear a scent, or when you aren't feeling really well but still want to smell every so slightly better than naked unBPALed you haha

Creamy honey with a hint of dirt. As it drys, I definitely pick up a fuzzy/cuddly vibe from it that seems to warm it up a bit. It's an oddly comforting scent that I can see wearing on days where the icky weather makes me feel all blah. I currently have a full decant of it, but I might go and pick up a full bottle before it comes down.

Lemon yellow oil. Sweet and soft; plenty of honey, sweet musk including some skin musk for sure, a little sweet milk - not the lab's typical sour milk note - definitely some faint flowers and stemmy greenery. Not really any soil. And I swear I get a hint of cinnamon. For some reason this reminds me of a baby Morocco.

Oh, it's not cinnamon, it's carnation! The same note from Morocco. Definitely some skin musk, which keeps this fresh, real like clean baby's skin. The honey is deep and rich, a little boozy, but not in heavy amounts here. The milk is softly creamy and still not at all sour. The stemmy greenery is a tad bitter, and it smells like carnation stems - that note reminds me of the one in resurrected Hod, though it's much softer and lighter here. I get a hint of baby powder from maybe an amber which is the only downside so far.

Carnation amping and going more clove-y and spicy, though it's still velvety and creamy too, with a touch of that green stemminess that has softened a bit - it's less bitter now, and it's a beautiful green note that balances this blend. The honey has faded bit, oddly - it's gone more like the honey in Mead Moon, less of a syrupy honey note. And I think there is some cassia here contributing to the spiciness and Morocco feel and general wamrth. Milk is fainter - I probably couldn't pick it out blind at this point.

This is going oddly plastic-chemical, so I think there's some of the same honey-amber combo that's in O (but only lightly), because this reminds me of that. The carnation has also amped up even more sharply and spicy cloveish - it reminds me now more of the carnation note in Maiden - in between that note and the one in Morocco. Creamier, somehow, and still not quite powdery. The milk has finally turned a little bit, which may contribute to the odd chemicalness - it's mildly sour. The stemmy green note holds.

Not much morphing after a couple hours, and it never morphs that much anyway. It's spicy, velvety carnation and light cassia with slightly soapy skin musk (the only real change after a couple hours) and a touch of sour milk. Slightly plastic and powder amber-honey with a honey note that definitely fades and loses sweetness over time. The stemmy greenery (carnation stem) is my favourite part of this blend, but overall this is not for me. Great throw and good longevity.

I do see the comparison to Stinky - from the notes it looks like they share milk and honey, but strange that Stinky and Werepuppy do not smell like milk or honey to me... there's something strangely sweet and sour going on. Milk generally goes awry on me, and honey is not a friend. I should learn something from this, but I always hope that they become more milk and honey to me!

This smells very similar to Stinky in the bottle; milk and honey and baby powder, but it's very faint, with a muskier scent coming out on second sniff. On my skin, I'm getting the same scent as Stinky, but, again, fainter, with maybe a muskier note coming out. Hrm. Let's see what a few hours does to this. Pretty much ends up being Stinky on me, not quite for me.

Edited by Venneh

This was very similar to the other dairy scents on me. When I skin tested it next to Mother Shub's Spiced Lait du Chevre and Nonae Caprotina, I found that Werepuppy was not as sweet at the ones with goat's milk. It's probably more similar to Stinky (which I sold away long long ago) with that dry, baby-powder milk note. The end is definitely a sour musk note. This is not as unappealing on me as Stinky was (which was awful), but it's not unique enough that I want to make grabby hands and take it away.

Smells very similiar to Stinky on me on first sniff, which isn't a bad thing! This blend is much more creamy and comforting, though. On the drydown it becomes a little bit spicey but still soft, warm, and comforting. I will try wearing this to bed tonight.

I don't really get anything but SOUR from Werepuppy. I loved the name and was hoping this would be one of the rare "milk" blends that worked on me, but no luck -- it goes from gross-buttery to sour with no "yum, creaminess" in between. There is a little spice to it but the sourness cloaks almost everything else in the blend.

When I first opened my bottle, I had a deja vu moment. "Oh, this smells SO familiar...what is it? What does this smell like?"

I still have no idea, but it does remind me of something.

In the bottle, it's spicy, but not overtly so...I almost think I detect clove or something in there. I feel like I can smell a bit of greenery somewhere in the background, but it's absolutely, positively NOT a "green" scent.

On the skin, I definitely get a bit of skin musk ( :wub2: ), a tiny bit of honey-sweetness (but not much at all, and definitely NOT the "sexy honey" of O and Womb Furie), and *maybe* something a bit milky. This is definitely a scent that sticks very, very close to the skin, and the more I huff it the more I am reminded of something soft and furry.

I really, really like it. It's not something for everyday, and it's not a sexy scent. It's warm and cozy and comforting, and it does remind me a bit of babies/children, though I don't smell baby powder at all. It's one of those that almost smells like you're wearing nothing at all, but people want to nuzzle you anyway because of your own personal body scent.

A keeper--not only for the smell, but also because the bottle is SO. FREAKING. ADORABLE.

Warm milk, honey musk, and spicy carnations. This is such a comforting scent. The honeyed milk, the smell of babies and barely there florals all mingle together beautifully. It is reminescent to Stinky or the Burts Bee's Baby line, and that is why I love Werepuppy.

At first, I'm immediately reminded of El Dia de Reyes - I think it's the cinnamon note from that blend - and then it starts to settle into my skin - and I get a very soft, sweet, and creamy musk with a hint of sweetness from the honey - and just a tiny hint (if my nose is cooperating) of a rain/oudoor blend grounding everything to give the scent it's multi-dimensional feel and imagery. It's just such an innocent blend - but with just that little tinge of playfulness - I love this :heart:

First sniff: I think this is the first musk scent I’ve ever encountered that I’d describe as “cute.” :) It’s soft honey powdery musk with a little giggle of effervescent florals.

Wearing: Powdery milky honey fur.

Decant: baby powder softness over something...

Wet on Me: quiet baby powder. Almost like this is disappearing on my skin

Drying Down: still the baby powder of musk and something a tad earthy. But not sour earthy. Fresh.

Dry: Baby. this smells mostly like fresh clean baby. A baby you want to pick up and hold and sniff and snuggle on. And just kiss it's adorable chubby lil cheeks!

Somehow this smells like Midnight on the Midway with super creamy and sweet carnations mixed in. I keep thinking I smell cherry-flavored syrup blended in with the milk & honey, too. There's just a bit of something salty in here, which oddly enough gives me the impression of... actual puppy breath. :blink: The musk probably. I have been wavering on keeping this and I don't know why because it's actually really nice. If I focus on this being more of a milk & honey-based carnation scent and not a Burt's Bees baby scent, it all makes sense that I should keep it. Only time and aging will tell but I don't know if I will wait it out. I ought to keep it just for that adorable label of Lilith. <3

Source: my own original bottle

In the bottle: creamy, fuzzy, almost softly spicy musk

Wet: This is the brown/fuzzy musk note of Hunter Moon 2007, but instead of being combined with woods and blood, it's the same critter tamed and drinking a bowl of cream.

Dry: The scent takes on a cinnamon-like note for me, very lightly, on drydown, along with a baby powder dustiness.

Werepuppy

On: Definitely a brown musk and dry honey. Interesting.

1 hour in: Dirt and brown musk, which I'm not really a fan of.

3.5 hours in: Dirty musk.

4.5 hours in: Dirty brown musk that stays close to the skin.

Overall This isn't me at all.

I'm trying to remember my thoughts from last August about this one...

I was visiting my family in NY, and received a partial bottle of this as a frimp - very generous! I put some on the next day, early in the morning, and my sister said that I smelled like baby powder. I smelled my wrist and said nope - I smell brownish furry musk and coconut milk. She said that it wasn't a "bad" baby powder, and then admitted that she could see how I smelled coconut... aren't our noses fabulous?! Anyhow, I like this scent more as a feeling or a mood... definitely not one I'd reach for to wear though. Very interesting, warm, nuzzly blend! 3/5

I seriously love the art work on the bottle, so super cute ! :wub2:

I'm so glad I managed to get a bottle of this. Although at first this smelled a little latex-ish on me, a bit of aging really did the trick. It's creamy honey with something sweet and a definite howl of milk breath! It's kind of a hard scent to describe in a way, I guess it smells how I'd imagine a Werepuppy to smell! I think I'm getting the trampled flowerbed in the background too.

Overall this is a winner. Something to wear when you want something fuzzy and comforting.

Id rate this a 4.5/5 :joy:

This smells creamy, milky, and soft on me.

Normally I amp soil notes in a huge, huge way, but I don't smell it in this. That's a big plus for me.

It's not really very floral, either.

Mostly, honey, milk, and musk.

It's much more wearable than the original Milk Moon was on me -- it smells sorta like a softer, toned-down version of that. In fact, after I got a bottle of this one, I was finally able to give up my old Milk Moon 05 bottle.

I REALLY wanted this to be a "win" for me, but alas..

WET:

I have finally accepted that I cannot do any of Beth's blends that have a 'milk/milk like note' in it. It just turns sour and metallic smelling on my skin. I was hoping that the honey and musk would dominate and that the milk note would just be "oh, so subtle" But on me, it's the exact reverse. :ack:

DRYDOWN

After waiting it out to hit the drydown stage, it's become a little less sour milk and more coconut milk with a red hot cinnamon spicy undertone. BUT, the sour tang still lingers. It's a love/hate dance of war on my arm.

VERDICT

Don't think I'm going to keep my bottle of Werepuppy... it needs to go to a home where it will be loved and appreciated. ;)

In the bottle it smells slightly spicy and milky, but it is hard to place any particular notes.

On, I smell milk, spice, and that soft hint of baby's skin. Maybe there is even some flower there...I think there might be. Not too much at all though. It's really nice.

The drydown isn't powdery at all (yet). It's just less and less powerful with a spiciness that fades gradually.

All in all, this smells very much like Christmas, or something Autumnal/Wintry, but in a Tim Burton way.

Really great.

In the bottle - A softly fruity musk

Wet on me - I can't quite place it, something green and sweet, with a hint of soft light musk

Dry on me - A brown, almost chocolatey musk

Overall - I prefer the wet stages, dry it just has a slightly bitter after smell

WEREPUPPY
My little girl has caught her fair share of sniffles and sneezes in the past sixteen months, and some time ago it was brought to my attention that these illnesses seem to, without fail, occur right around the full moon.

Coincidence?

A fuzzy brown honey-dusted musk covering freshly-washed baby skin and a howl of milk breath. In the background, there's the barest hint of upturned soil and dew-covered squished stems from a trampled flowerbed.

I have wanted to try this FOREVER! So I finally purchased a bottle from the forum unsniffed and just hoped for the best.

I love it when a plan works out.

This is just an adorable scent.

I do smell the milk and the baby skin. I can even sort of pick up on the flower bed (sort of, it's not strong at all and comes and goes)

This reminds me very much of some Burt Bees bath soak I used to have (as other posters have mentioned).

It's a very comforting scent for sure. It lasts a reasonable amount of time and the art work on the bottle is very cute.

It does sort of remind me of a puppy but only in the best possible way. My pup (Well she isn't a baby anymore but still) has a spot on the top of her head. It's super soft and silky and she sort of smells like Werepuppy there. She is a pitbull and doesn't have much hair and for the most part smells more of musk than...dog. As soon as I realized that her spot on her head (where I give her kisses) smelled like this all I could say was ...awwwwww

When my husband asked what that smell was I was wearing I told him the name. He was even like...awwww.

I also noticed I had to say Werepuppy in a sort of baby voice. Everything thing about this scent is adorable. :wub2:

At first Were Puppy is red-hots cinnamon candy.

After half an hour that fades to the background and mint pops up.

I'm going to let a friend that's obsessed with dogs and werewolves try it and see what he thinks. : )

Edited by icecreamcone