Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
cfrancesca

Werepuppy

WEREPUPPY
My little girl has caught her fair share of sniffles and sneezes in the past sixteen months, and some time ago it was brought to my attention that these illnesses seem to, without fail, occur right around the full moon.

Coincidence?

A fuzzy brown honey-dusted musk covering freshly-washed baby skin and a howl of milk breath. In the background, there's the barest hint of upturned soil and dew-covered squished stems from a trampled flowerbed.

In the bottle: creamy baby fur!

Wet: a soft baby smell, like in Gladdener of Hearts, I'm also getting a little honey and that lovely "furry musk", no soil,(yay!) stems or flowers. It's like if Ivanushka and Stinky had a baby.

On my skin: the fur dissapears :( , a little baby powder comes out and as it dries it reminds a LOT of Stinky, just creamier and softer.

It's a keeper for me because I love baby smells and of course the label is too cute! :wub2:

I love the scent just as much as the label art. :wub2: Once it dries down, it's a gorgeous golden honey musk with a hint of creaminess from the milk note. My nose is also detecting what seems to be a gentle background of warm woods and just a hint of spice, which is probably the "fuzzy brown" part of the honey musk in the description. There's also a touch of what I can only describe as night air--this is probably the whole trampled flowerbed element, though thankfully it doesn't come out green or distinctively floral on me at all, just like a night breeze wafting in through a crack in the window. Thankfully my chemistry doesn't turn this one all cloyingly powdery like it did with Ivanushka. It's a warm and comforting scent, perfect for giving me the illusion I'm just a little warmer in the freezing office I work in. It's right up there with Cake Smash and Lilith Victoria in my book.

Hey Lilith! *waves from NJ* Keep inspiring your mom to make more fantastic scents like this! :lol:

Edited by Invidiana

I'm so glad I got this scent. It's a not-too-sweet creamy honey that has a touch of something with a bite to it..it's awesome.

warm, musky, sweet, comforting, milky honey with great throw...I absolutely love :wub2: this...what a sweet motherly blend!

This is the third time I've tried to write a review for Were Puppy, but I'm not feeling particularly eloquent this morning, so please pardon my lack of creativity.

While a bit different than what I was expecting, the scent is absolutely PERFECT. Dead on what it should be, a beautiful, creamy, gentle blend of milk, musk, honey, and fur. The florals stay in the background where they belong (on me, at least), and the end product is a sweet, maternal, close scent that I personally feel would smell wonderful on anyone. It's the smell of warmth and skin and happiness. :)

A second bottle might be in order. :B

I am so glad I ordered this one! :wub2:

Werepuppy is warm and fuzzy and comforting. The honey and milk are ever so lightly evident, as is the trampled flowerbed.

My grandson is a couple of months younger than Lilith, and this scent is rocking him to sleep after a crazy day. His momma will be needing a bottle too, I believe!

Mmmmm.....

My favorite of the fuzzies is Miss Lupescu, and this reminds me of it. Werepuppy is a touch gentler, on me it's buttery, and I swear I get cinnamon initially. Yummy!!

Werepuppy smells a lot like Stinky, but works better on me than Stinky did. I think the baby skin smell is apricot, and that note just doesn't sit right with my nose, but here its not as dominant, so I can wear it and enjoy the other notes in the scent. Its nice, and the label is so adorable.

At first sniff, this was clean baby and dirty musk, a musk with dirt in it.

Now, it's mostly just baby, but baby in a good way (for those who don't care for babies) -- it's freshly washed baby, super-clean baby.

all i get is sickly, sweetened milk that might be slightly spoiled. *sigh* alas, werepuppy is not for me.

Just got Werepuppy today! I love Stinky and this is in the same family as Stinky (creamy clean baby), and reminds me of Burt's Bees Baby Bee lotion as well; it's not exactly what I was thinking it would be but it smells good. I love these sorts of scents! Something nice and gentle, unassuming and impossible to offend.

I just got this from another forum member. As with many BPALs, WerePuppy was not what I was expecting. I definitely had thought/hoped it would be a sweeter musk, like Ivanushka, but I think I'm gonna give it another shot.

At first I am definitely getting the spicyness that some people are reporting, but in the end it is definitely, as teamilk said, very burt's bees-y. It smells like their baby bee dusting powder. I don't mind a powdery scent and I think I could grow to like this one, although it probably isn't something I would wear all the time.

ETA: I reapplied a bit to see what would happen, and I am definitely getting more of the underlying musk this time. Still spicy on top, with the "baby" smell, but the beloved musk (I cannot live without it!) IS there and definitely influences my feelings for this scent very strongly. I'm into it.

Edited by misscoldheart

I was surprised when I first applied this, as I got kind of a fire-y spicy cinnamon blast. Kind of reminded me of Copper Phoenix at this stage. As it dried, there is less spice, and more honey musk and creamy milk, though I do find this a 'fresh' blend. Maybe it's the trampled flowers. It really is very much like Stinky, though I find there is a spice element, a little more of a milk note, and a bit more freshness to it. Nice, but I think my decant of Stinky and this will hold me over for a good while.

This is such a cute scent! I bought a bottle and was a tad bit worried about the dirt and stems part but I'm happy to say neither reared their heads! This is very honey and milk, with a smidge of musk. Sweet, creamy and the drydown is a little more powdery than I'd like and the throw is so-so (but I usually expect that with the creamy blends, on me at least) ,overall this was a lovely blend. And I will agree to "clean baby" description.

I think this will become a nice comforting and relaxing scent to use. I'm glad I went ahead and bought a bottle unsniffed, it worked out well.

Edit to add: I think I'll need a back-up bottle! The more I wear this the more I'm loving it.

Edited by silver_springs

This is fresh washed baby, a hint of dirty musk, and a little milk and honey. It is like Stinky * Now with baby added* but it is just different enough. Plus the label art is adorable.

Edited by papermaker

Milk and honey are the two main notes on my skin. I'm not getting any soil or flowerbed notes on my skin. The sweetened milk note is very iffy for me. BPAL's milk notes sometimes work on me, but more often than not are failures. I need to re-try this one after it settles a bit more and decide if it's the milk-note-of-death for my skin or not.

So glad that I ordered this. I love this pup!

In the bottle and when first applied, this reminds me of creamy baby lotion.

As it starts to dry, it smells like a freshly washed baby all lotioned and powdered, wearing something cute and soft, and ready for it's cuddle time.

The first time I wore it I didn't really get the upturned soil or dew-covered squished stems. Just sweet clean cuddly baby. The second time I put it on a little more heavily and in several spots, and I could smell a bit of trampled flower bed.

It lasts a good while on me.

It's definitely a happy comfort scent. One of my favorites so far, I smile every time I smell it.

Werepuppy smells like Stinky + hot milk and cinnamon sticks. Wearing it makes me feel clean, innocent, and happy in that carefree baby way. I love this, I'm so glad I took a chance on it.

When I first put this on, I get a big blast of honey and a tiny bit of fur. Hmm. It reminds me a little of the honey musk in aged Lady Una. I see the comparisons to Stinky here, definitely.

Dry the honey recedes a little and I can smell the dirt and the flowers. I'm also getting a little bit of spiciness in the background. Hmm. There's definitely a milky creaminess in there as well. There's something very Pa-Pow like about the drydown, and I'm also getting some of the baby-ness I get from Gladdener of All Hearts as well. Maybe it's lavender along with the milk and honey?

Conclusion: I like it pretty well, and think I'll keep my decant. It's nice and lovely, but it doesn't really do anything that new for me.

In decant: slight musk

Wet: Starts off a bit like rubber? That fades quickly though, and I’m getting milk. The musk comes in, sweetening it all.

Drydown: Going into a light, near-to-the-skin musk. Bit of a dirt note.

Later: Very light musk with milky undertone. Not me at all, I’m afraid.

Ok, this was VERY similar to Stinky on my skin. Actually, the difference was almost negligible. It was the same powdery milky scent. The milk went a little sour on me actually, and the dirt and florals never manifested on my skin. The concept is awesome, but sadly, my skin ruins yet another scent!

In the bottle: A sweet, slightly nutty smell.

Wet on skin: Milk and honey. This is really sweet, but the soft muskiness keeps it from being cloying.

Dry: This smells like rice pudding made with condensed milk, and a touch of baby lotion. Don't really get the dirt or crushed greenery, but that's all good 'cause those notes can be a bit iffy on me.

Verdict: This is an adorable scent that makes me want to cuddle a baby, stat!

In the bottle: Very honey, with a little spice, which is probably the musk.

Wet on skin: Very sweet, like the honey candies I buy when I get sick.

Drydown (3 minutes): I can smell some powder and milk now. Not like the bad baby powder smell that some scents turn to on me, but a good baby powder.

Drydown (5 minutes): Sweet and powdery and milky. Like how a baby smells in a perfect world, and not reality.

Overall impression: Yummy in the bottle, and even better on me. I was surprised by how much I liked this. I only got an imp from a decant circle 'cause I wasn't thrilled with the description. It also kinda smells like a craft store in a way for some reason. Maybe I will try to acquire a bottle of this.

On me, this starts out distinctly spicy. I want to call it a carnation note, since it's clovey cinnamon, but not at all dry, the way spices usually go on me. Maybe the squished stems used to be carnations. :lol: I can just pick out the honey musk and milk underneath, but it's all about the spice at this point.

After a few minutes the spicy note settles down a bit, and the honey and milk are more apparent. I really like this stage. Like warm milk and honey dusted with spices.

Eventually, I do get just the barest hint of earth and green blending into the milky honey spice. Lovely.

The dirt note gave me pause, and I almost didn't order this. Dirt notes rarely work on me, the only exception I've found to this point being Zombi. (Which being dirt and roses should be complete fail on me, but that's another review.) I'm glad I went for it though. This is soft and sweet, with just enough spice and dirt to distinguish it from other scents in that vein. :yum:

In the bottle, this smells like a soft, sweet honey and fuzzy, clean cotton with a touch of powder.

On my skin, I get baby powder and a milky honey note. It reminds me of a milk & honey scented lotion. In fact, it smells exactly like a Burt's Bees lotion that I used to have (the milk and honey one, I think).

I was really hoping that the soil and 'flowerbed' would make this unique for me, but I don't smell any earthy notes or flowery notes at all. It's like baby powder, baby products, and burt's bees honey lotions... sort of light, boring, and generic smelling on me.