Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
LadyValea

Prada fragrance...

Apparently, Prada perfume is composed primarily of sandalwood, patchouli, labdanum and benzoin.

The search engine on the BPAL site says that Rakshasa, Namaste, Anne Bonny, Shadow, Typhon, Wanton and Sin all contain both sandalwood and patchouli.

Gaueko contains both sandalwood and labdanum.

Hymn, Magdalene and Medea all contain labdanum.

(Benzoin does not show up as a component on the BPAL search engine)

Hope this helps!

I'll bet some other forumites can recommend some other spicy, woody scents--whether or not they smell like Prada.

Laurin

Thanks so much.....I 'm new....I don't have any BPAL oils....I'm trying to find some on e-bay.....I'm not looking for the same smell as Prada...just the notes are good....Thanks

I smelled Prada for Women in the new Vogue issue, and I just about died of happiness. Then I realized that it's quite a bit like Xiuhtecuhtli plus patchouli and maybe a touch of golden musk.

So I'm wondering what might be a strong patchouli (not black patchouli, though!)scent, with possibly a hint of musk and/or amber, to layer and try to recreate this gorgeous but very expensive scent. Aureus, maybe? Any input?

Thanks! :P

edited to add notes:

Bergamot Oil Italian, Orange Oil, Bitter Orange Oil, Mandarin Flower, Mimosa India, Rose Absolute ABS, Schinus Molle ABS LMR, Peru Balsam, Patchouli Oil LMR, Raspberry Flower, Labdanum Resinoide LMR, Tonka Bean , Musk, Sandalwood Oil

Edited by stardust

Thank you both! GypsyRoseRed, I have Jacob's Ladder and LOVE it, but hadn't thought of using it. It would make a gorgeous amber backdrop.

I'll check out Vixen--that's one I wouldn't have thought of.

:P

bumping this thread - I really love Prada and would love to find a similar BPAL. On me, patchouli is probably the strongest note, but it's a light one. so, are there more bpals out there that remind you Prada?

eta: so I tried Vixen on one arm while wearing Prada, I think there's a similarity there but Vixen (which I love) is much more vanilla. Prada is drier, grassier, kinda like Coyote and Vixen got together....hmm. I should try that one! but back on topic, I would love to hear of anyone's thoughts on this subject.

Edited by cranberry

Don't forget that Prada also has a subtle dark chocolate note. It's quite an impressive scent for a perfume you can buy at the mall; I'd like to find a BPAL equivalent too.

From memory, I think that Lurid might have a similar "feel", but doesn't smell the same. I can't find my imp to check that impression, though.

Prada is drier, grassier, kinda like Coyote and Vixen got together....

Bumping again: it's funny, because Prada smells just like candy on me (and my mother, who loves it to death.) Sweet, deep, dead-sexy candy. I can't smell a bit of patchouli, which is good, but now that you mention it, I can detect a bit of that dry grass smell... which just makes it better. But I think I'd need a lot of vanilla in the background, or something else sweet and rich. Mmmm. I'd love to cobble this together with BPAL.

The unreleased BPAL Black Orchid reminded me of Prada right away. I have no idea if they share any notes, but I put some Prada on one arm and Black Orchid on the other, and they smelled very similar to me.

Now that my bottle of Crypt Queen has arrived, I can definitely add it to the list of blends to try if you love Prada. It's no dupe, of course, but it's got that sweet, "fluffy" patchouli that I love in Prada's original fragrance (minus the nasty sinus burning alcohol, of course!).

Crypt Queen's notes are : pomegranate, raspberry, gardenia, plum, and rose with patchouli, black pepper, rose musk, and a hint of blood accord. So maybe it's the fruitiness and the patchouli that have me drawing the comparison.

There's just a certain kind of patchouli that I especially love - the kind I smell here and in Prada, it's in Lush's Blue Skies bubble bar and Karma, too - it has a powdery quality (I think of it as fluffy) that many dark, earthier patchoulis don't seem to have. Although, given the differences in our body chemistries and sniffers (just look at all the different things that we seem to pick up in this one perfume!) I fully expect 75% of you all to be thinking, "Cuckoo!" :P

Bumping this thread. Prada Amber is probably my favourite commercial perfume but sensitivity to commercial scents means I can't wear it anymore. Would love any suggestions for similar scents made by BPAL. Thank you in advance!

Sign in to follow this