Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

How do you apply your BPAL oils?

You can get wand caps from BPAL, though - they sell them individually here (scroll down to the bottom), and I think you can request wand caps instead of regular when you place your order.

Necro-quote, but I had assumed those were replacement imp caps since they were on the imp page on the website. The wand caps that BPAL sells there are for their bottles? I've got a bottle coming on the way and potentially more depending on how I like the bunches of imps I've ordered as well, and I was starting to go crazy looking around for something to apply them with. If these fit actual bottles, I could just use them when I want to apply, then clean them and store them to totally avoid skin oil contamination.

Does anyone know anything more about them? Are they glass or plastic wands? Thanks for any info! :D

You can get wand caps from BPAL, though - they sell them individually here (scroll down to the bottom), and I think you can request wand caps instead of regular when you place your order.

Necro-quote, but I had assumed those were replacement imp caps since they were on the imp page on the website. The wand caps that BPAL sells there are for their bottles? I've got a bottle coming on the way and potentially more depending on how I like the bunches of imps I've ordered as well, and I was starting to go crazy looking around for something to apply them with. If these fit actual bottles, I could just use them when I want to apply, then clean them and store them to totally avoid skin oil contamination.

Does anyone know anything more about them? Are they glass or plastic wands? Thanks for any info! :D

The wand caps look like these: http://www.etsy.com/transaction/54599141

HTH ^_^

I finally decided to go all wandcaps. I seem to like them more. Its just easy for application. Bought a ton from the lab with my last order to change them out. :wub2:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask or if it has possibly been answered already o.o;, but I was wondering the best method of cleaning wandcaps after your doing using it on one scent (finishing off the bottle of course ^_~) and wish to use it on another? Or is it best to order more wandcaps?

P.S: So thankful I found this thread. Now I know how to properly test/apply a bottle with a q-tip <333.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask or if it has possibly been answered already o.o;, but I was wondering the best method of cleaning wandcaps after your doing using it on one scent (finishing off the bottle of course ^_~) and wish to use it on another? Or is it best to order more wandcaps?

P.S: So thankful I found this thread. Now I know how to properly test/apply a bottle with a q-tip <333.

I've used rubbing alcohol to clean off wand caps from used bottles. I usually let it soak for about 10 minutes and the get in there with q tips to ensure all of the remaining oil is completley removed. I'll then pour a little more rubbing alcohol over it and rinse it really well with water and dry it with a paper towel. If the wand cap still smells like the bottle it was in I'll do this process over until it's completely clean and scent free. Once it's clean I usually let it dry over night before putting it in the new bottle :)

Hope that helps!

I've used rubbing alcohol to clean off wand caps from used bottles. I usually let it soak for about 10 minutes and the get in there with q tips to ensure all of the remaining oil is completley removed. I'll then pour a little more rubbing alcohol over it and rinse it really well with water and dry it with a paper towel. If the wand cap still smells like the bottle it was in I'll do this process over until it's completely clean and scent free. Once it's clean I usually let it dry over night before putting it in the new bottle :)

Hope that helps!

Thank you so much! This is a great help :).

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I didn't want to start a new topic. I tend to put on my oils right before I leave the house to go to work, and on the backs of my hands/wrists and neck. The last couple days I think I've noticed that the oil on my hands and wrists seems to be fading quickly, but I can still smell what seems to be the oil from my neck. Is my air conditioning in my car drying it out too quickly and causing it to fade? Maybe I should put the oil on earlier before I leave so it has the chance to dry on its own? Any help would be appreciated.

The last couple days I think I've noticed that the oil on my hands and wrists seems to be fading quickly, but I can still smell what seems to be the oil from my neck. Is my air conditioning in my car drying it out too quickly and causing it to fade?

I'm not sure whether it's related to the air conditioning in your car, but I definitely get the same results as you in those three spots - the back of my hand loses the fragrance most quickly, my wrists hold a scent for a couple of hours, but if I apply the oil to my neck (typically towards the back/side of my neck, below the back of my ears) then it lasts for ages.

I think it probably has more to do with the varying dryness of your skin in those three places, rather than any air conditions, but I'm not really sure.. the back of my hand definitely has drier skin (also, thinner skin) than the other two places though.

I think it probably has more to do with the varying dryness of your skin in those three places, rather than any air conditions, but I'm not really sure.. the back of my hand definitely has drier skin (also, thinner skin) than the other two places though.

Oh, that's a good point. I do recall folks talking about putting on lotion first. I'll give that a try too.

I was actually just noticing today how much faster scent fades from my wrists than from my neck. I got little hits of Lyonesse all day, after I couldn't smell it anymore on my wrists. I figured out it was because I had applied some just below my ears. It lasted for 12 hours there!

I was actually just noticing today how much faster scent fades from my wrists than from my neck. I got little hits of Lyonesse all day, after I couldn't smell it anymore on my wrists. I figured out it was because I had applied some just below my ears. It lasted for 12 hours there!

My neck lasts the longest also. I always attributed it to the fact that it's kind of hooded by my hair, which maybe keeps the scent locked in. Obviously isn't true if ya'll have shorter hair, of course, so there goes my theory! 00000288.gif I figured that the backs of my hands fades so fast because I work with my hands a lot at work, so I'm always rubbing on things and also washing my hands a lot. (Though the back of my wrists, where I apply scent, usually is missed by normal hand-washing.)

I've started to mainly just put it in my hair and a little bit on my neck - it stays Forever in my hair and the little bits on my neck makes it smell me+perfume, so I find it evens out and makes me have to slather slightly less.

I started this after I noticed most of my day-wear favourites (Womb Furie and Alice, mainly, but also Pink Phoenix) smell Divine but not very strong (like my skin EATS them) so I'd have to tip half the bottle over myself to get any actual scent out of it - in my hair, I can use much less and still have it smell lovely.

As for my evening-favourites (Wanda and Blood Kiss mainly, currently) they go on my neck and my wrists and seem to do the job like that (they get Very strong when applied to my hair, but that works great for parties - less so for, for example, meals out and stuff :)

mine also lasts forever in my hair...i think it's because my skin chemistry and heat don't destroy the components quite as quickly. plus i love turning or shaking my head throughout the day and getting a waft of lovely scent. :)

I know it's just starting to warm up again so most of you probably aren't thinking about this anymore, but I have to ask: If you're wearing a jacket or long sleeves, do you still apply to your wrists? Where do you apply for cold-weather months when most of your body is getting buried under layers? It's freezing in my office so even though it's in the 80s outside I'm bundled in a jacket inside.

I do still apply it to my wrists when I wear long sleeve – I do roll them up and let it dry a bit after putting it on, so it doesn't rub straight onto the cloth. The scent may linger a bit if it's strong or you wear it/the garment a lot (I have a sweater which smells faintly of Miskatonic U after they were worn together most of the winter), but I've never had them clash, or anything like that.

Kind of late in response but.. I always apply to wrists also. In cold weather, I will instead apply on the underside of the jawline almost where it meets the neck, and depending on the sweater I am wearing, my collarbone.

Any advice, other than telling me to remove the reducer caps, which I may have to do anyway??

Thanks folks, love you guys.

I get those reducers off with pliers. Gently. Very gently. For me, they're just downright annoying.

-Leslie

This is a super necro-reply, but this was the only thing I could find on basically the entirety of the Internet of how to get reducer caps out of bottles. I prefer the polyseal, shaking oil off the top of the cap if it's super-strong and slathering most of the time, but Conjure Oils bottles come by default with reducers.

Kinda takes a little bit of force and careful balancing to make sure you don't accidentally slosh the oil around, but you can just get a set of needle-nose piers in there, grip the reducer, and tug. Leverage around the rim doesn't work.

If I apply some oil on my hair it seems to last forever. Even after I wash it I can still smell the fragrance on my hair well into the following day.

This is a great idea. I don't know why I haven't thought of this before. Will do!

This might seem kind of ridiculous, but how do you apply it to your hair? Do you like apply it to your scalp (I've heard other people suggest this)? Or do you literally move the little wand through your hair? I feel weird doing the latter because I'm worried about the remnants of my shampoo/conditioner contaminating the perfume, or the smell getting covered up by any hair products I may use (I don't use them often, but still).

I also heard once that perfume can do serious damage to your hair, and since I'm trying to grow mine out, I'm a little paranoid. That may just be the alcohol in mainstream perfume, though, in which case BPAL would be fine.

I do the wand thing, on the strands closest to my ears. My hair is long, so when it swings around I can smell it. Yum, yum. If applying straight from an imp to my wrist, I will often touch my fingers to the imp and run those through my hair. I don't think the essential oils can be damaging to my hair, but I am afraid some might be to my scalp. So I keep the oils away from there.

I don't use styling products, and I only do it with oils I plan to keep, so I don't worry too much about contamination.

The scent in the hair is very long-lasting! Mmmm mmmmm!

I use a lot of BPAL, most things I just drink up. Strangely, my wrists eat up perfume, so I put some on the back of my hands. I also put it in the palms of my hands, when I work with fiber (I am a fiber artist) and I have had so many comments on how good my things smell, it's so funny when I have give things to people in real life, and they can't stop sniffing them! I also put oil on my neck, decolletage, backs of knees, etc. TALs go on top of the head, chakaras etc. Strangely I don't amp the oil, the only one I have to be super careful with is Snake Oil, which makes me smellable from the next town over. Trust me, I have little kids, they are the best critics. They are totally not afraid to say "Blergh. You smell bad." Fortunately my extremely sensitive nosed daughter loves to bury her head in my body parts to sniff the perfume :lol: Snake Oil is the only thing that I have had to be careful of.

On the hair, I use the hair gloss, which is very gentle Jazzi, I use it on my little daughter's fine long hair and it's great. I only use the gloss when my hair is wet. I also have fine long hair, and I put the perfume oils in it as well, especially on the alternate days when I have not washed it. It is not damaging IMO (I am a licenses hairdresser btw).

Edited by stellamaris