Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
unlaced

Tcotchkie

No scent description available.

This smells just like Vicks vapo rub to me. Eucalyptus I suppose? With some mint in the background. It tingles when it hits my skin. As it dries down it still smells like Vicks but not as aggressively. Mostly minty with some eucalyptus-y overtones.

It's not a bad scent but I doubt it would get much wear from me as a perfume.

edit: As I go back and sniff this I can tell there's some kind of woody scent under all the vick's and mint but it's not all that apparent. I think my nose is broken. :(

Edited by Shollin

Um, what? I did not get Vick's from this at all. In fact, what I got was wine. Sweet, syrupy wine. I thought I was going to get a hangover from it, honestly.

If I had to compare this wine note, it would be to Soothing System, but more juicy than sharp, and Cockaigne, but more alcoholic.

Also, I should note that my notes from my four stocking stuffer imps aren't exactly matching anyone elses'...so who knows? Maybe I got messed up imps for all four. :eek:

UPDATE: So, I retested this because I refuse to believe I had a weird batch...turns out Tcotchkie comes off very wine-like when you slather it on.

Still, it's very spicy and very rich. I get the gingerbread vibe plus something else...maybe that berry people are talking about, which would explain the juicy aspect in it.

While I'm glad I managed to fix my nose, it's still not for me.

Edited by bluberyapulsaus

In bottle: I’m guessing patchouli and maybe sandalwood, with maybe brown sugar or cookie and possibly a winter berry, but I’m not really sure. It does well embody the concept. Wet: Much more gingerbread and I’m guessing eucalyptus. The incense backs down in the face of the eucalyptus. Dry: Ends up back to woods, and possibly fruit cake.

I liked this one. I feel it's a sandalwood type scent with something sweet in he background, but not super sugar sweet.

This is what I'd imagine a spice cake would be like if it someone put pepper in the mix instead of cinnamon. I can't really compare this one to any other blend either...

ETA: Ok, the dry down has similarities to Lamia and Faunalia, so maybe there's some balsam in it.

Edited by Midnight Aeval

I dont know WHAT THIS IS, but am gonna hafta get my hands on MORE somehow-it is perfect spiciness,cakiness, and perfect smoke-it is my new favorite-and I will hafta huff the imp on special occasions. I love it so!Especially cause I love tcotchkies

I get pine from this when wet. Once the pine is dried down, it's...something I don't usually wear, but I LIKE IT. Is it sandalwood? Is it some kind of resin? I am unsure. But it's warm, and sort of vaguely spicy, and the pine is still there a little bit, but it's more blended in now. There may be a smoky element, too. Whatever this is, I really like it! It's a great winter scent.

TCOTCHKIE (Yule stocking stuffer scent)

In bottle: Dried fruit and spices

On Skin: This starts out very mentholy on me, so I can see the Vik's reference... but it only stays that way for a bit. After a little while, a woody note surfaces. it becomes stronger as it settles into my skin. I get a nice warmth from this scent too. The menthol is still there, but it's not very strong, just a background note. There is also a sweet scent in there... something soft and velvety. A pretty scent, but the menthol note is the only part i don't like. It has a moderate throw and average wearlength. A very sweet gift from the lab... thank you!!

Oh, I love this! It reminds me a LOT of Black Lace. Perhaps it's the slightly smokey vanilla sweetness? It's got a lovely throw and is long lasting too. No pine to speak of, but I do "get" the slightly foody note others have mentioned.

In the imp and on my skin at first, this smelled like warm sugar cookies, a hint of sweet spice, and frosty pine. Then, within about five minutes, it dries down to something less pleasant. Tcotchkie starts to smell like spearmint mouthwash (very menthol-y and medicinal) and woodsmoke with a hint of black pepper. It's too much menthol, and the scent just smells odd and medicinal to me...

This is a confusing one. I got fruit and a whole bunch of it when I first applied, and it seems to be drying into a mulled wine kind of scent on me. I'm definitely picking up some sandalwood, and a little bit of wine, but I'm not getting anything menthol-y here at all. I'm also getting a smoky vibe, but I'm pretty sure that's the sandalwood on my skin.

A whiff of menthol at first, but quickly fades to a pine scent.

There's a foody gingerbread note underneath but my chemistry makes it into a cleaning product scent.

Woody, sweet, piney/eucalyptus-y -- oh, this is GOOOOOOD. I need more! Curse you special freebie imps - why is this not in bottles?!

ETA: IT'S BIRCH! OMG no wonder I love it! It's a wonderful sweet birch scent!

Edited by penemuel

Pine cake. What? As it dries, the pine recedes into the background and it becomes a peppery cake scent. Interesting.

Extremely pale nearly colourless yellow oil. Buttered juniper berries. EXTREMELY buttery, with a strong evergreen presence below. It's actually a really nice juniper note, woodsy and deep and not as harsh as it typically is, but the butter is gross and clashes horribly.

A little sweeter, more like fake butter now, fake butter popcorn is what I think of, with maybe a drizzle of sugar or caramel in there. I think there is something earthy, a moss or vetiver or patchouli, mingling with the juniper (and other woods, maybe some redwood?) far, far below. It's like someone littered a beautiful redwood forest with cheap hydrogenated movie popcorn.

Sweetening up, and the butter is fading (so now it's sort of like some type of cake/baked goods note), while the woods are amping, and this has turned a lot darker and more earthy. Now I'm getting a spice note...nutmeg? Or mace? Maybe both? This is really odd.

Cake, spice, and earthy woods in the final drydown, with juniper and nutmeg standing out. It all sort of melds together in a way that's not at all my thing, but not the revoltingness of the early stages. Low throw and this does fade a fair bit.

Edited by fairnymph

Decant: there is a snowy evergreen note in the imp.

Wet on Me: hmm trying to wrap my nose around this. Somewhat medicinal? and cherry but deep cherry or black cherry but not that almond-y cherry note.

Drying Down: a cross between Ben-Gay and Tiger Balm! And I don't mind either of those!

dry: that awesome Cherry Vicks flavor captured in a scent! That is what this is! with a touch of leather!

Something herbally and woodsy. I think there might be something minty and pineish as well, but it is very faint. It also kind of smells like there is some kind of nut in here as well.

I am not sure what to think about this one...

Wet, I get the foody, buttery sweetness. As it dries, this really blooms into a woody blend, very reminiscent of Osiris v4 with some rich creamy sweetness. Also reminds me of Haloes. Very nice, but a HTF like the others. Very glad to have had the opportunity to try this! Thanks F & F!! :wub2:

:::TCOTCHKIE:::

Tcotchkie arrived in a wee red stocking as a Frim from this past Yuletide's Naughty or Nice Inquisition. When it was first uncapped the first reaction was that of complete surprise due to it's being unlike any other formula tried to date.

Tcotchkie is 100% unique...Tcotchkie could, in all likelihood, be described as a foodie smell.

The dominant notes are akin to warm Pecans and salty Butter.

Tcotchkie leaves this association with one of those bags of quality nuts that people purchase at specialty botiques and give as a gift for Holiday occasions...

Way, way deep in the background of this, there is a hint of a vanilla/anise hybrid; just enough to tease the nose into compulsive elipses of thought.

On the skin, a woody note arises; suggestive of a pine-table that the aforementioned nuts are served on neighboring some sugar cookies.

Tcotchkie could be described as, "Comfort smell"... Something to wear while lounging before a fire on a stormy day.

An original room scent.

Magnificence!