Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

In the imp, it's cherry cola, slightly effervescent but mostly a heavy syrupy smell. Wet, I had first thought it was sour cherry balls, but upon second application it's all pine -- the wood, not the needles -- and what might be juniper.

Edit: This one's morphing before my nose...the woodsy smell gives way to a decadent patchouli with hints of cinnamon. It's a very warm and inviting and I wish it had more throw.

Edited by hackess

All I'm getting from my imp is cherry cough medicine. I hate the smell of fake cherry flavor, to the point where I start to feel sick when I smell it so this imp will be getting swapped...

So, I should preface this to say that my notes from my four stocking stuffer imps aren't exactly matching anyone elses'...so who knows? Maybe I got messed up imps for all four. :eek:

Here we go:

In retrospect/comparing the scent again to the reviews above, I can kind of get a cherry cola scent from this, albeit faintly, but honestly, this smells like teak and spice on me. Woody, creamy, warm and gently sweet, this is a beautiful and delicious scent.

There's nothing medicinal or syrupy about this one on me. Weiiiiird.

UPDATE: After refusing to believe my oil could be mislabeled or something of the sort, I tried it again this morning, but used dark Chocolate and Cherry as a comparison, as that's my only other cherry note.

:blush: I found the cherry note. While it's still woodsy, it's definitely cherry, though maybe not as syrupy sweet as others are saying.

I retried this and Spare Change and by using other scents to compare, it seems like my nose just sucked at doing its job last night. :blink:

Edited by bluberyapulsaus

In bottle: Mostly cherry, alas. Wet: Cherry and a resin, I’m guessing amber, and some winter spice. It’s well blended, but my skin amps cherry, so it’s no use on me. Dry: Cherry and some incense.

I'm usually really scared when people mention CHERRY because it is not a note that plays nice with me. With this one, I don't get cherry.. it's red, but not cherry. A berry maybe. There's also a sour note that I usually equate to a certain type of amber the lab uses. Not so much smokey or foody really. Definitely a different sort of blend!

TRINKET (Yule stocking stuffer scent)

In bottle: Honey velvet

On Skin: Ok... i don't get even a hint of cherry. I smell sweet honey layered over velvet. It is gorgeous!!!! I want a gallon!!! The velvet is a little woody and I get a bit of teak from it. That nice soft wood that is my favorite wood note by far. So... did my label get swapped with a different scent? This is one of the most beautiful BPAL scents I've ever smelled. It is so comforting and warm... absolute perfection. Honestly... I wish this was a scent we could buy. It has low to moderate throw and average wearlength. A FABULOUS gift from the Lab, thank you so much!!

Like slave1, I don't smell anything cherry-ish from this (and my skin usually amps up cherry notes to the point of being obnoxious). In the imp and on my skin, this is a musky, sweet, golden honey. It reminds me of the honey note that's in Hetairae. It's like a sexy honey dust type of scent...

Like slave1, I don't smell anything cherry-ish from this (and my skin usually amps up cherry notes to the point of being obnoxious). In the imp and on my skin, this is a musky, sweet, golden honey. It reminds me of the honey note that's in Hetairae. It's like a sexy honey dust type of scent...

I could have written this myself! Trinket is all soft powdery honey, sweet and musky on me too! w00t!! :D

Trinket is sparkly candy in the vial but has an almost bubblegum note that reminds me of Jailbait.

It stays very closes to the skin and honey hates me so it never makes an appearance.

A big "thank you!" to CaudaPavonis for spreading the joy!!

I love this! There's a sweetness that's not too tart, not to sour, but not too sweet. I don't think it's cherries as well, but it's red. Maybe cranberries? Dunno! All I know is that the top red berryish note is beautiful.

Behind the red note, there's spices. Not cinnamon, maybe it's cassia? It's there though, and it's adding to that Yule flavored flair. There's also a smokeyness hiding in there... also maybe some fir? It's hidden behind the slightly spicy red berry note.

I wish I knew the notes that were listed! This is a great beauty and I'd buy it if it were offered in a full bottle form!

eta: YES! I now get a honey note as well!!! It's totally morphed now. It keeps changing too! One minute it's honey dust with spices, the next the spicy berry note dusted with honey. Oh god... :thud: I'm going to need more....

Edited by Purrsnikety

Golden oil. Honey, vanilla, amber - reminds me a lot of O, but much smoother and less powdery. Maybe more fruity? Very sweet and warm and golden.

AMBER, and yep it's that same amber note from O that goes plastic on my skin. The vanilla, too, is quite cloying here, 'fake' vanilla, and the honey syrupy and heavy. This is not quite as sweet as O, and still not as powdery, but more plastic (and O is pretty damn plastic on me).

The amber has amped even further, and some ginger (the dry spicy kind) and carnation have come out. This is now honeyed, spiced amber. The vanilla and honey have lost their cloying edge and are much smoother and more pleasant. I don't like the spicy turn this has taken, but it's now radically different from O. It reminds me now of Hod!

This amps up to have moderate throw and great longevity on me. It's a sexy, warm-sweet-spicy skin scent, but too warm and spicy for my tastes, alas (or thank god, considering its rarity).

At last a bpal honey scent that is not trying to choke me to death. :joy:

It's gorgeous honey and faint spice and it's exactly what I imagined and hoped O to be (and isn't, on me)

Awesome, very wearable on me and darn it, I only got the one imp. How am I going to get some more?

P.S. I can't, for the life of me, smell any cherry. :think:

I'm not getting anything close to syrupy cherry cola. This is incense and patchouli, and maaayyybbbee honey. I don't know if my nose is broke or my skin chemistry has gone wonky. I'd love to get the syrupy cola throw, rather than the dirty hippie smell I seem to be stuck with. :rasp:

On the skin: Whoa! So sweet! Whoa, that is honey! And sugar? And some sort of.... slight incensey note?

Interesting... I think I am liking this one!

Trinket - Hmm.... nope, not a single drop of cherry or cola or honey in my Trinket! It's a faintly sweet, lightly powdery, warm amber scent with a hint of incense smoke and a trace of spices. It's very pretty, cozily warm and comforting, and seems to be the perfect "sweater weather" type fragrance. Lovely!

Yup no cherries for me at all. I get amber and some spice. I feel like this is a masculine version of O. There may be some patchouli in here, but it's really really quiet. This does dry a little powdery, but I loves it.

Another one who gets no cherry. It's really hard to tell what's in here, but I know I LOVE it. This is a sweet, kind of honey-like, resiny blend. It's like a 'bad' honey, but so wearable. It kind of reminds me of Snake Charmer, not the scent, really, but the 'feel'. So very sexy, though I don't know what is making it so. Very glad to have tried the sniffie, but I am just aching for more. Any suggestions for any kind of equivalent are appreciated. :wub2: :wub2:

I'm definitely getting a cherryish sort of scent. On my skin, there's cherry and amber and something else, not quite sure what. Fading quickly to baby powder, though.

Edited by Venneh

Trinket

In the imp: a rich, deep red fruit. Cherry maybe, but I also think damsons. And wine.

Wet on skin: raspberry? Is that you? Now here’s a note that’s rare in perfume…

Dry on skin: raspberry and patchouli, with that almost animalistic ‘filth’ note I got in Cupcake Splatter. This smells like that with velvety red fruit instead of cupcakes…plus some blood accord. It’s unusual. This is a very adult trinket and it has sinister origins. It smells like blood red and bruise-purple fruit: pomegranate, raspberry, cherry (real cherry, not sugared or over-almondy cherry) and currants, maybe some prunes, and a dark and dirty earthy-musky blend of patchouli with tobacco and possibly even spikenard, and a splash of deep wine.

After a while: reminds me of one of the blood-themed scents…and smells like what I wanted to get from Dionysia, but with hints of Crypt Queen or Zombi. It’s a very velvety yet dirty and dark scent, with something feral and even a bit vampiric? Eventually this turns to a rich red scent, wine and raspberry with that musky-earthy undertone and that perfumey scent, maybe a bit of spice and possibly subtle rose. I never got any amber from this scent. Resin, perhaps, but not anything that leaps out as amber, at least not to me. It’s really nice once the odd dirt note fades, very sophisticated, a tiny bit perfumey, in a good way.

Verdict: this is a lot darker and more intriguing than expected. This trinket is a ruby or garnet pendant on a tarnished silver chain, with quite a history behind it. I smell deep crimson fruit. I can’t say what but it’s not blatant cherry, to me it’s like raspberry and cranberry and red wine, with hints of blood accord, animalic musk and dirt, and spice, maybe incense too, it’s a bit smoky. A vampire’s trinket, perhaps? It manages to smell both luxurious and sinister. I like it, but I was hoping for a little sweetness for balance, and something about the dirty note under those lush red fruits turns odd and funky on me. But this is a fascinating little trinket of a scent that seems to tell the story of an ornament with a mysterious, possibly blood stained past.

Emoticon rating: :D

Is it a keeper? not sure…may need re-testing?

Edited by yeahbutnobut

the first thing I notice is the spice. almost a cinnamon but not quite - more sweet, almost fruity. that's mainly what I get is a nice spice but it has undertones of wood. I would have said more of a orange/citrus than cherry, with red from the spice, maybe even a hint of red musk

sadly, it stays VERY close to the skin and I like my scents to surround me a bit more.

I like it, but not enough to hunt down this LE

*edit

a few hours later it turns almost soapy, still very soft and almost fruity

spice is gone

Edited by Roogna

Hmmm. This is absolutely stunning. Amber, honey and a purple fruit of some kind. Possibly plums? I also get hints of cinnamon, nutmeg, maybe some cloves but not a lot of cloves. Trinket is incredibly sexy, very warming and comforting. The perfect scent this time of year.