Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Iceblink

Robotic Scarab Claw Polish

ROBOTIC SCARAB CLAW POLISH
Metallic Pearl
Oil-rubbed bronze.

Yes, this is bronze--and SO shimmery. It goes on a little thin and will need a couple of coats to look like it does in the bottle. Really pretty. All of these new polishes are so gorgeous!

This polish is so gorgeous - in direct light, it definitely gives off the "oiled bronze" vibe, :wub2: As the previous reviewer mentioned, it does need two coats to properly show off the color.

The polish itself is just the right consistency, not too thin or too goopy, and is easy to control with the brush. I didn't have too many "outside the lines" moments. While quick drying, the consistency was good enough that I didn't end up with overlap lines on the first coat.

Here are the first results (2 coats of RS + a clear under coat and over coat):

4204951779_55549786cb.jpg

I love the 'oiled' bronze look - its like rich metallic caramel. The gold glint is very subtle.

Great consistency, dries quickly and is easy to apply.

I love BPTP polishes. :)

This looks like melted milk chocolate sprinkled with a bunch of gold dust in the bottle and in bright lighting. It has a bit of a reddish tone to it as well. It's very pretty and very unique.

It looks sparkly in bright lighting and elegant and soft in dim lighting. I find that it reminds me of the color of an old penny.

I wore this polish to soccer a few nights ago and got a bunch of compliments on it (2 comments from men and 1 from another girl). My husband really likes this color on me as well.

I've had mixed experiences with the claw polish formula. I found Croquet to be sort of thick and hard to spread over my nail, and Midnight on the Midway was almost too runny and applied streaky, but this one goes on smooth and covers my nails easily. I've been wearing it for four days now with no protective top coat or anything and it hasn't chipped at all. I'm pretty in love with it. :wub:

RoboticScarab03.jpg

RoboticScarab04.jpg

Holy glittery shiny bronze, Batman! This is beautiful!

Robotic Scarab definitely lives up to the description and then some. This is a deep bronze with warm coppery-red tones and tons of glitter, although that glitter is subtle and subdued in indoor light. Application wise, this one is a total breeze. It goes on evenly and while I recommend two coats to achieve the bottle color, I almost didn't need it with my short little stubby nails.

I only swatched this over the weekend, so I cannot testify to dry time, wear, chipping, etc. Once I give this color a proper spin, I'll come back and update my review.

In the mean time: gorgeous color for the late summer and all through fall.