Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
fairnymph

Mason & Jenkins v2

Light yellow oil. Peanut butter and JELLY (lots and lots of jelly). Sightly boozy jelly, a mixture of grape and berries - not just pure grape. It's not grape candy, either. It's definitely mixed dark fruit jelly. The peanut butter note is not like any peanut note I've smelled before in BPAL. This literally smells like a peanut butter and jelly dessert of some type - very yummy, so much I want to eat this! And I am NOT a foody. I don't know if I'd wear this, but it certainly requires further testing.

This is like an evil version of Port Jelly. Am getting vetiver or a dark patchouli with the sweet port wine scent coming out underneath. A much more dark incense feel to this with a lot of depth

This one is more like a spiced wine. Definitely boozy grape and berry jelly. There's something darker in it... perhaps patchouli?

Grape jelly. That's pretty much all I got here. It's very sweet and fruity. I'm getting some underlying tones of patchouli or something a little earthy later in the drydown. But still very sweet and fruity.

Wet on the skin, this is vetiver and berry jelly....but....as it dries, the vetiver disappears (for the most part) and it becomes red jelly with just a trace of something sinister lurking underneath.

Boozy, medicinal, cherry cough syrupish, with an alcoholic sharpness at the top if I sniff too hard or too close. Settles into strong wine on my skin, but develops some nuances of wood and maybe spice that I can just catch every now and then. Then dries to sour, left-out-in-a-glass-overnight wine, like most wine does on me. Similar in performance to Gluhwein.

I really like the released version of this and use it for layering with other blends. It was sort of like red wine gums candies and cranberry wine coolers on my skin. This prototype has a darker, earthier edge to it and more of that heavy red wine feel at first. It's not as light and playful as the released version was on me, and the prototype seems more complex and wearable on its own to me. The drydown is a little sweeter and less earthy on me, and sort of reminds me of a lighter spiced Gluhwein with a side of grape jelly. I like it, and it has decent throw and staying power on me (lasted about five hours pretty strongly).

I love Gluhwein. That's why I purchased this bottle (and two of them, at that!). And it does smell similar in some ways. However, it is lacking the spiciness present in Gluhwein and instead adds a deeper note, perhaps vetiver?, to embolden it further. I can get away with wearing Gluhwein to work, but not this. It's straight up port wine with a deep, dark undertone as a perfume. I like it, but I wont get a ton of use out of it on my body, sadly.

HOWEVER...

THIS IS AMAZING AS A ROOM SCENT. You will use it *all the time* if you're anything like me. (I don't eat bread, unfortunately, because grain allergies make that tough. Since no bread = no PB&J, I can smell this all day! Yes---this smells like a peanut butter sandwich with huge globs of jelly everywhere. It's amazing!).

(ETA: I burn this in an oil warmer. Do not try to make it into a room mist, as it wont do it justice. This smells like a straight-up PB&J sammich, and if you're into that, the kitchen is the best place for this blend. I've had guests ask me if, instead of a full dinner I had planned out, we could just have some old fashioned peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for dinner, and I am a-okay with that!)

Edited by ramblingrambler