Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
fairnymph

HR1

Light yellow oil. CARROTS! Cooked carrots, lavender, and clary sage. Reminds me of horses and farms. Definitely the most carroty scent ever. The roommate says this smells like 'wild ginger' (which means sadly nothing to me). Further testing required!

Odd. I get no carrots, but I definitely get clary sage and lavender. Again, this blend would fit right in with the Somnium line.

I get the lavender and clary sage. I don't smell any carrots but I think I can detect a faint note of hay underneath. It does smell like something from the Somnium line as z_z said!

A sharp, sleepy lavender, but in a good way. On, though, it's somehow softened in a way I don't like, a cottony, fuzzy way that smells of powders and maybe even a floral note. Nothing like the carrots fairnymph had! But very much in the vein of the lavender in several TAL blends. Herbal and deep in an appealing way, but a little indistinct. There's an odd creaminess I can't put my finger on. Lavender's medicinal qualities in a cotton bud is how it feels to me - but there's nothing like a "cotton" note. I think it's really quite nice, if you're into sleepy lavender/herb blends!

Lavender, herbal, with a high, sharp note that is a tad green. Dries down with perfumey floral aspect.

Obviously this has aged for twelve years since the prior reviews, but it's largely the same. Wet, it's herbal lavender and clary sage, a perfumer's note like orris root or iris root, and a horsey note like sweet oats. I always interpret orris root as astringent, but the scent mellows fast into lavender and sweet oats floating over that slightly bitter herbal-green base (orris? a touch of violet?). Oh, wait - I think the bitter tinge is Beth's carrot seed note, which does dry down to an earthy sweetness to me. Overall, this is like a lavender-based Gunpowder.

I love lavender, and may try this one in a diffuser for sleep.

Edited by bheansidhe

I'm having a completely different experience to the other reviewers.

I got a powdery amber at first, rose, and something grape-y and very off-putting. Then it gets more herbal and green, but eventually, this definitely settles into rosewood on me.

It was fun to get to try, but not something in my wheelhouse.