Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Hunger

Evokes sheer, unadulterated carnal lust. An undeniably warm and sensual scent. Black narcissus, orange blossoms, and vanilla.

:P

Oh rats, this vanilla turns into burnt plastic on me. Woe woe woe!

ETA: 45 min later, the weird burnt, sour smell has pretty much faded and I am left with something warm and spicy...almost like clove and vanilla. It's yummy. I'm not giving up on you yet, Hunger! And this gives me hope for Snake Oil, too. Edited by Shollin

Hunger is mostly black narcissus. There is a citrus tang from the orange blossoms. The vanilla adds a foodie-sweet note. There's an almost alcohol bite in the background that makes my nose scrunch up.

This is a totally warm perfume though. It's a bit smoky. I really enjoy wearing it. However, I find Hunger rather nondescript on me.

The throw is pretty strong for the first two hours. By the fifth hour mark, I had to press my nose to my skin to even smell this. I'm thinking my skin is just drinking this oil up. I guess my skin is hungry for Hunger! Ha! Yeah, bad joke; I apologize.

I know this perfume can work on someone who's not me.

Has anyone seen Hunger and Ravenous in the same place at the same time? They smell nearly identical. Strong, strong orange with vanilla underneath. A little too strong--it's a fine line between oranges and rotting oranges and this is a little too close to the line. But it does have good lasting power.

Mmmm, Hunger is warm, smokey and sexy in a subtle, yet confident way. It's an elegant figure in draped silk (or some other luxuriously fine material), rather than an ultra mini-skirt and fishnets. It's all knowing glances and vague outlines under that expensive gown.

This is quite a foody scent, but with a sweetness. I'm having trouble picking out single notes, but there's definitely something orangey in there. A curiously spicy, sensuous orange, and not the bright, spangly scent I usually associate with citrus scents.

My first impression was cigarettes, just awful on my skin. Then I read the reviews and I was wondering how so many people could smell beautiful vanilla, orange, sexy blends.

It did not evoke sheer, unadulterated carnal lust, I could not wait to wash it off! The only scent that comes through loud and clear is black narcissus. Maybe my body chemistry is just way off today and I should wait until tomorrow to try any more imps.

Inside imp: Slightly spicy, very orangy. I think I read in someones review that it smells like the orange in orange chocolate - My thoughts exactly. Another whiff and I dunno where that spicy came from. It's just very sweet.

On skin, wet I get a very slight hint of what I think is vanilla. I am reminded of rose petals - Not from the smell, but they way they feel. That soft, satiny feel - this is how this SMELLS.

Drying:The vanilla has really come out now. I don't know what black narcissus smells like, so I dunno if I can smell that. It smells a bit more flowery now, maybe that is it? Or the fact that it is orange "blossom" in the scent description (as I've just read). Final add - also kind of powdery.

Overall: Creamy, soft and sweet, but not overpoweringly so. I kind of want to lick my arm. I guess it is aptly named!

I think this is a keeper, possibly a 5ml in the future!

ETA: Okay after a bit more sniffing and re-sniffing, I'm getting a kind of weird, funky smell from it. It's not altogether BAD but not very pleasant anymore. Poo. :[

Edited by koleypunch

Imp: Pungent dark organge.

Wet: Still very strong, almost so much that I don't want to continue wearning it.

Dry: With time this one sweetens up nicely, but it's not the creamsickle I was hoping for or the soft citrus I was hoping for either.

Final Thoughts: I was tired of this by the end of the day and wishing to be rid of it for a while. Too much for me.

Hunger-

In Bottle: Kind of baby powdery, with a little diaper-rot underneath.

Wet: Sweet plastic diapers. Not too appealing so far.

Dry: I'm guessing it's the narcissus, but some florals just smell like a baby's butt to me. Go figure. However the diaper-y smell does lessen and it becomes more like just sweet baby powder after a while, though I don't know that it's worth the dry-down to me.

Overall: Not for me.

Wet: Orange blossoms and horse poop/manure. I think that's the narcissus. Well, neat. No vanilla :P

Dry: I'm getting a bit of the vanilla now but even that doesn't save it. The narcissus smells like florals now, thank goodness, but it's still too strong for me. No lust here just, "get it off, get it off, get it off".

In the imp, I didn't think I'd even want to test Hunger, since it didn't smell that yummy to me -- something smelled strong and piercing, I'm guessing I didn't like the black narcissus. But once I relented and put it on, I was very pleasantly surprised. While I know a lot of people think of Snake Oil when they wear this, I was immediately struck the the similarity to Vixen on my skin -- the orange blossom caused this, no doubt. I also think of Siren when I smell this, if only because it's another scent containing a floral ingredient that I normally dislike, that smells very nice when it's mellowed out with vanilla and and crispened up with a sharper scent. (With Siren, it's ginger and vanilla calming the jasmine, with Hunger it's orange blossom and vanilla smoothing out the black narcissus.) This is a very balanced scent, and I can't pull any one component, even when I try -- it develops a quality that is all its own, and it's lovely.

This is very femme fatale, dark, moody and sexy, and of course I like it!

At first in the vial and at the very beginning on my skin this is smoky chocolate orange but it gets very masculine and warming. I am guessing the masculine presence is the black narcissus. This reminds me of a very smoky Haunted and is not unlike Satan and Death With Sin Intervening. I’m not really sure that I love it, it’s okay, but I can live without it. I do wish that the orange blossom and vanilla were more prominent together.

Oooh, I dig it! I'm definitely getting the unlisted chocolate note, especially when it's wet. After a bit it calms down into something a little woodier.

It's very warm, and has a hot, toasted sort of feelin'. Though I don't think they have many notes in common, this smells like the love child of Depraved and Sed Non Satiata--I'd swear to god Hunger has the same black musk Sed has. It's faintly sweet, what with the vanilla, but it's very background sweetness.

Very sexiferous, very much a long-gloves-and-boots sort of scent. I tried this out with Hunger on one wrist and Lust on the other, and it's not even a question of which one makes me want to go out and pillage the sensual landscape more. Yarr!

Lobster Rating

better than: wearing pants

Edited by Uploaded Lobster

First touch on warm skin this is Snake oil on Heat!!!

Hunger animalistic, acrid, musky, a vampish femme fatal in thigh high leather boots and a tight corset.

Hunger makes me think of sharp teeth and an insatiable desire, a glistening drop of blood and a sly smile.

After an hour this has calmed down, I don't feel like such a wanton hussy, it has mellowed, become warm and sensual with a good splash of lust still hovering in the back ground.

This is a strong powerful scent to me, it lasts on my skin a long time. I could still smell it on my wrists this morning after putting it on around 9.30pm last night.

I think I need to be in a powerful mood to carry this off but I love it. Very sexy.

I'm not sure I like this at all and thats just from smelling it in the bottle. The black narcissus is very strong...and completely takes over everything. Every few seconds I catch a brief wift of vanilla before the black narcissus swallows it again.

As it dries down, the vanilla starts to build up but not enough to take out the black narcissus.

ETA: I think I like it now. Hunger has dry downed into this dark sexy smell. I'm gonna have to try it out a few times before I decided whether or not I need a bottle

Edited by Wildchild453

When I got a frimp of this, I wasn't sure what to expect.

And when I first put it on, the initial wet phase had something sharp and not very pleasant, and my heart sank. But then I gave it a couple minutes, and it started to bloom. Drydown turned into vanilla musk, not the stuff that passes for it now, but the old Max Factor vanilla musk from the late '60's/'70's. Hey, this could be good!

Dry, there's a musky vanilla (but not the same as the drydown vanilla musk) with a note that others have commented on being chocolate-y. It seems entangled with the narcissus note. Chocolate narcissus? I'd kind of hoped for a vanilla musk clone, but this is much more complex and sophisticated, now. Vanilla musk grew up, put her hair up and put on a black dress and spike heels, with dark red lipstick and a ruby necklace.

It's much too vampy for everyday use, I fear, but I'll love wearing this for a swanky night on the town!

In the imp: strong orange liquer (liqeur?); I can definitely see the comparisons to Grand Marnier.

Wet on me: still that sweet, slightly boozey orange. Some vanilla coming through as well.

Drydown: Huh. This seems like it would be so *me*, and yet...something rings false. What's going on? Perhaps it is just a bit too strong. There is something in here that reminds me of red patchouli or red musk, something that takes it past good and into too much. I have this problem with Madame Moriarty as well...

Maybe it's the narcissus. Phooey.

This is overwhelmingly VANILLA!!1! on me. The kind with sharp claws and pointy fangs. This is so similar to Snake Oil on me, just without the soft spices. It's loud and rubbery - very latex-y.

I've washed this off, and washed it off, and washed it off. And it is still shouting at me. :P

hunger is like Darkness' little cousin on me (probably that narcissus) - with that sheer sweetness that is nonetheless completely untrustworthy. (I have daffodil issues)

This doesn't smell like lust to me. More like deception - a dame in black with a veiled hat, crossing her long legs while the light through the Venetian blinds throws stark bars across the room. This smells . . . noir.

This and darkness are like a woman and her grandmother, seperated by century (late nineteenth and mid-twentieth, respectively, but so similar in just what maneaters they are. The sadder but wiser girl.

Edited by KikuPeach

Dang, I really really wanted some of that orange creamsicle or chocolate orange that everyone else is getting, but I don't get any fruit or even fruit-blossom out of this. On me this is just Snake Oil and sinister, thuggish flowers. :P

In the bottle this was an overwhelmingly bitter floral, with a tiny damper of what might be vanilla. When it was wet on my wrist the bitterness was still the prevalent note, but the vanilla took on a distinctness that gave hope that I didn't just pay $3.50 for a tiny vial of cleaning product. As it dried, the sweeter flower came out, probably the orange blossom, and the black narcissus died down. As an hour or so wore on the bitter scent took on thicker qualities, almost a musk, providing a nice base for the sweet floral and vanilla. Overall, it has a nice complexity and is more sophisticated than the other two imps I got (Gluttony and Jester). As for being a love potion, well, I can see how the thick, balmly flowers might give it a sort of aphrodisiac feel, but it didn't do it for me. This is nice to have as an imp, but nothing I'm going to buy more of at the moment.

Wet: I get a sharp note that must be the narcissus. I'd never smelled narcissus before. I do smell the orange blossom but the narcissus is so overpowering that I can hardly think with this on.

Drydown: Yep, still strong narcissus. I might have to wash this one off, which I never do! :P

On me, Hunger is mostly patchouli. I don't understand that, since it's not listed. It's nice I suppose but definitely not me.

Not bad, but heavier than I'd like. It grew on me over repeated samplings though. It improves dramatically with age, much as Snake Oil does.

Wow, Hunger is far more lovely on me than I ever would have thought. I'm not a Snake Oil girl. Snake Oil smells great in the bottle, and definitely gets better with age, but it just doesn't work on me. On my skin, Hunger smells like aged Snake Oil smells in the bottle. It also reminds me of Eat Me to a certain degree, which makes sense, because I described Eat Me as smelling like I wish Snake Oil smelled. Out of the three, I definitely prefer Hunger.

On me, Hunger is all deep spicy musk, sweet smokey vanilla, a dab of citrus, and a delicate endnote of soft honeyed blossoms. Could this be another example of red musk behaving well on my skin? I'm not a musk expert, but it sure smells like red musk to me. As it dries, Hunger gradually becomes less spicy musk and more sweet smokey vanilla, similar to a good quality vanilla candle (like the vanilla in Dragon's Milk). I really like how the softer floral and citrus notes linger on my skin. They give an innocent, flirtatious edge to what otherwise would be a very come-hither type of scent. Hunger is going straight to my bottle wishlist. It's a lovely mix of seduction and innocence that comes on strong at first but settles into a beautiful rich skin scent after it dries. :P

Edited by evilmistressoftoast