Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Hunger

Evokes sheer, unadulterated carnal lust. An undeniably warm and sensual scent. Black narcissus, orange blossoms, and vanilla.

the first time i tried it, i could still smell the snake oil underneath it. made me wanna go have my way with myself. i didn't like it when it was wet, i just got this overpowering sweet smell from it, but once it was dried, it was sexxxxy.. i kept smelling myself because i lurved it so. made me wanna run up to visit the bf and seduce him when he got home from work that night...

BUT i haven't really warn much of it since. i've been on a big hermit and queen mab kick lately.

Hunger is another winner in my book. i love the sweetness, cut by narcissus. it's like a vanilla floral, but not -too- floral. once it dried, it definitely softened up a LOT. this may be a frequently re-applied fragrance for me...i might consider buying a 5 ml bottle.

this scent wasn't for me but i could really smell the vanilla and orange blossoms in it, which were really pretty. it reminded me of those chocolate oranges....

Gorgeous vanilla and orange-like a creamsicle. It also made me think of Vanilla scented candles. It is sooo yummy!

Jenny 8)

Wet this was too vanilla for me, but dry is a whole other story! Dry it was soft and floral-vanilla yumminess. This is a lovely everyday perfume, not too sweet and not too floral. I likes it!

Gave off a chocolate/lemony scent when taken out of the bottle, mellows out to a sort of lemony baby powder scent afterwards. Didn't care for this one much.

When I put this first on, I can smell something like something burning. On drydown the burning smell fades, and a more chocolatey vanilla smell comes through, but there is still the acridness in the background. Loved it in the bottle, not sure I like it on my skin.

Out of the vial, I couldn't figure out what was up, this smelled nothing like the creamsicle oranges I'd been reading about here. I tried it anyway... first on, this was way too sharp for me, I don't know what that first strong smell was but it was just too much. But on my skin, after I've worn it around, it is getting sweeter and sweeter, the flowers coming out and just starting to soften, and I am starting to really like it. (it does stain, though, cause of the strong oily color so be careful!)

ADDED March 20:

So, after taking Hunger with me for a whole week on a trip (tested it out right before I left by dousing my bra with it, then taking the bra on the trip in the suitcase with other clothes and wearing it a couple of times -- so it was basically all I smelled the whole trip) I have to say I don't care for it as much as I did before. I smelled of orange-blossom-and-baby-powder-flavored incense the whole time, and for some weird reason it made me motion sick...

I didn't think it was possible for a scent to be too sickly sweet for me, but I think it's just the particular kind of sweet this is -- like an evil enchanted incense a malevolent witch is trying to lull someone to sleep with in a fairy tale, overpowering. Oh well, first one I have really disliked! I am amending my order to include more scents that smell _like_ recognizable foods/things (vice, swank), since I think they'll be softer than this one.

Edited by Shollin

Initial Impression:

A sweet, creamy orange smell. Comforting and youthful, reminds me of a creamsicle.

After Wearing It:

This pretty much stayed true on me during the whole life of the perfume. It was a very orange scent, though the creaminess kept it from smelling like a single note. It was very reminiscent of orange sherbert or a creamsicle and was over all a very comforting scent in a fluffy blanket kind of way.

I found that if I sniffed my wrist I could smell the vanilla a lot more than I could if I just caught the scent as I was walking around, just breathing. I liked it so much better than way, so it was a bit disappointing, because I wanted it to smell just that way without sniffing my wrist.

Final Thoughts:

I really did like this, though I'm not positive yet if I like it enough to buy a bottle. I want to try layering it over a vanilla body lotion to see if I can strengthen the scent I smelled on my wrist and get it up into the air.

Hunger

First reaction sweet, then orange.

I am loving this one, sweet, dark and sort of husky. My excuse for keep sniffing my arm is that I am trying to determine what I can smell... nothing to do with the smell being addictive.

It has been on quite some time before I can smell the vanilla. I can feel a big bottle coming on.

Edited by allamanda

First sniff: Hunger inspires the same head-lolling moan as Ravenous on first sniff. I don’t know what it is about orange blossom that my nose likes so much, but it is Sexy. As. Hell. Hunger is smoother and mellower than Ravenous, not quite as strutty or slinky – the quiet, smoldering confidence of a woman who knows damn well she’s sexy without having to make a conscious effort.

Wearing: *purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr* The vanilla is very apparent, and it’s the same thick slow-flowing vanilla as in Tombstone, all wrapped up in gorgeous warm orangeyness. It’s totally edible... I'm encased in a vanilla-scented candle, one of the really good vanilla candles that don't smell too sweet or fakey, just warm and rich and smooooooooooth. Amazing staying power - it was strong enough to have an aura for at least six hours after I put it on, and still very distinct on my wrists.

First Impression: This smells like a very thick smell. I'm not getting the oranges and cream that everyone seems to find, to my dismay!

Second Impression: After the dry down, the orange creamsicle smell comes through, but only just.

Final Analysis: This one didn't smell good on my skin. Body chemistry is an frustrating thing.

Tried this last night...it smelled wonderful and strongly of oranges coming out of the bottle. I was a bit disappointed once it dried on my skin, though. I had the opposite experience of Shrieking Violet- I liked smelling it around me better than smelling it directly on my skin. After it dried, the up-close smell was orange-scented baby powder- very soft, but I haven't really liked the smell of baby powder for several years now. I liked it around me because I got more of the "creamsicle" scent then.

It does last though- as I'm typing this 12 hours later, I can still smell vanilla on my wrist!

In the vial this didn't really appeal much at all. It had something that I consider to be reminiscent of that commercial run-of-the-mill perfume-shop smell that makes my nose want to run and hide.

When my nose has reactions like this nothing will normally induce me to try them on me, but this time *something* did (maybe I was just peeved that a scent called Hunger didn't seem to be making friends with my nose). And boy, am I glad I did put this on. This will teach me to not reject imps on the initial in-the-vial smell!

Directly it touched my skin it morphed into heavy, luscious, sweet, smoky goodness than makes me want to have sex :D Seriously. Damn, my fiancé being 3 hours away! :P

It still has an essence of something that I am surprised I am liking so much, possibly the black narcissus whatever that is (yes, I am a heathen for not knowing all the various notes).

All in all I love it (but not as much as my beloved Haunted), but I'm not too sure if it is just a tad too heavy (says she who loves heavy). Maybe I slathered too much on in my oh-my-god-I-actually-like-this haste...

But WOW.

I wanted to like this and from the ingredients I had such high hopes. But unfortunately the vanilla smelled artificial and too strong. It didn't waft up gracefully from me, but stayed very close to my skin, so if I wanted to smell it I had to shove my arm under my nose and then get blasted with a vanilla Yankee Candle smell. It just didn't work with my chemistry, I guess.

Evil Dreamsicle, pure and simple, out of the imp.

The first smell is the orange blossom followed quickly by the vanilla and cut by the black narcissus. Thus, the evil dreamsicle.

On drydown, all I'm mostly getting is the vanilla with occasional whiffs of the orange. There's a slight powderyness to it, but I'm unsure if its because its going powdery on me like patchouli usually does or if it's just causing a mental echo of powderiness. If that makes sense.

Not a big winner for me, sadly.

Hunger is Orangy, spicy , warm and sweet. :D Its a good evening night out on the town scent. I like it. :P

Whoever made the creamsicle observation was right on. You can definitely smell the orange swirled with vanilla, cut by something just a little spicy--which I assume is the narcissus. This is a very pleasant scent but not one that I'd necessarily wear as a "me" fragrance. Nice staying power.

I agree with the creamsicle description, but it's like melting, dripping creamsicles, warmed by hot bodies on a steamy night.

Just damn. I love this one.

When first applied, Hunger is a sharp orange oil, and nothing else. It blends into a sweet and warm scent that I'll have to admit is quite reminiscent of a creamsicle. It's pleasant, but not something I would wear every day.

The vanilla and orange blossom reminded me very much of a foody baking smell in the bottle.

On the skin this has mellowed into an undercurrent of vanilla and creamy orange cut by a light floral. It's a lovely smell but ultimately very similar to what Snake Oil does on me so I'll probably put this in the swap pile.

Edit: After some more smelling I've decided to lotionize this one too and see how that comes out. :P

Edited by Northernminx

In the vial - hm, a bit too sweet and heady. Wet, it smelled EXACTLY like a Terry's Chocolate Orange - nice to eat, but a bit too full-on for wearing! But after it dried, and ever since, it's been like Snake Oil, but softer and orangier. Verrrrry nice indeed.

In the bottle: Warm, heady, with just a touch of sweetness.

Wet: I pick up more of the narcissus right away than I do the other smells. I don't get orange creamscicle, that's for sure.

Wearing: The more I wear this one on me, the more vanilla I smell. About an hour in, it sort of smells like a bouqet dipped in frosting. The florals and the sweetness coexist nicely. At the 6 hour mark, I can really only smell vanilla, but that's still impressive because most BPAl scents don't last nearly that long on me.

Verdict: This scent seems to react beautifuly to my chemistry. I really like how rich and mature it smells. This may finally be the floral for me.

I tried this out once, and it managed to shoot all the way to my top 5 BPAL perfumes. It really reminds me of Uluru from LUSH, though without the slightly woody note. In the vial, Hunger is orange. On my skin though, it mellows out to something slightly less fruity and more floral. I can’t really describe how nice this is on me.

I swapped for a bigger bottle of this, but it smells nothing like the imp I had. In fact, it smelled almost exactly like Ravenous – so much so that I think it might have been mislabeled.

This smells almost identical to snake oil, exept with alittle less spice and power. Its gorgeous and sexy and although its too much like snake oil to get a bigger bottle (i already have one on the way), i will definatley use up my imp and might even decide to eventually use this oil in snake oils stead (after i finish my snake oil 5 ml).

Another gorgeous creation :D :P

EDIT: I want to change my original post about this being very similiar to snake oil. It is but only in teh first 30 minutes on me. Then it begins to turn much warmer and inscensy on me. i Do not dislike it but i dont like it nearly as much snake oil and will not be purchasing a big bottle, but decinately using up the imp.

Edited by asa805