Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Hunger

Evokes sheer, unadulterated carnal lust. An undeniably warm and sensual scent. Black narcissus, orange blossoms, and vanilla.

On me, this smelled exactly like the L'Occitane fragrance "Neroli". Let me first preface this review by saying I am NOT a floral person. Not by any stretch of the imagination. This blend did not smell like a floral to me at all! I got a dark scent. Slightly heady and mysterious, with a little bit of a spicy edge. You could faintly smell the orange blossoms, which brightened the scent slightly so that it wasn't oppressive. The vanilla took on a seedy, dark undertone. I would almost call this a musky scent, although musk isn't listed as a note. This was wonderful! Edited by crebbsgirl

imp: orangey narcissus.

wet: very strong narcissus, the orange and vanilla are erally just softening up the narcissus here.

dry: mostly narcissus. this has a musky feel, that slinky feel that musk gives a scent.

My imp of Hunger is very aged and it's gorgeous!!

At first this smells like orange blossom and wood. I have no idea where I get wood from but it does. Before I read the notes I thought there was gonna be cedar or rosewood or something in this. NOPE!

Anyway, Hunger is very spicy also and this oil is on the same lines as Snake oil, in the way that it's thick, has tons of throw...(it caused a stir in my office) literally about 8 different people have commented as they've walked through the office. The vanilla is not as strong as I thought it was going to be, Vanilla usually dominates blends I wear.

The comments were very very good!! I've never had this much of a reaction from a BPAL perfume, not even Snake Oil.

It's a spicy sexy orange after the wood goes, but then it's a tiny bit baby powderish too and musky. It lasts and lasts and lasts, and it's defiantely bottle worthy.

Very dark and almost musky with a hint of citrus bursting in the background. The longer this sits on me, the closer it gets to Snake oil with the spices and vnilla - not quite as lovely as SN, but hey what is? :P Dark, sweet, sexy. I love it!

I was able to get an aged bottle of Hunger and omg.... :thud:

At first I wasn't completely sure how I felt, but as it began to dry down, it takes on a super sexy, dark, almost musky vanilla with narcissus and a bit of orange blossom. As it dries further, the orange blossom and narcissus take turns, but the wonderful musky vanilla stays cosistant.

And I wanted to mention, orange blossom and orange (the fruit) are 2 very different things. There is absolutely no fruit in this, so citrus haters don't have to avoid this one. :)

This is definitely in the Snake Charmer, Snake Oil, etc family. I loooove it!

im with the poster above, i received an aged imp where the liquid was extremely dark and initially intimidating to try.

deep and musky its got just a hint of spice in the bottle. smells like A LOT OF narcissus

applied narcissus and sharp vanilla.

I really wanted to like Hunger. I was hoping the vanilla and orange blossoms would balance out the narcissus, especially since I tend to amp vanilla, but sadly it goes all soapy on the dry down for me. :( I couldn't really catch much BUT the narcissus. I have no idea if my imp was aged or new, but I'll keep it a bit and let it age to see if the vanilla becomes more apparent as well as layering it with a more vanilla heavy oil, but first impressions are this will be for the swap pile.

I just got a bottle of this unsmelled. I looked at the notes in it and thought it may be a very good match for Chloe Narcisse. It is! :clap:

I don't smell "orange" as in citrus, but do smell the floral and the vanilla very slightly. Mostly, I smell narcissus which is a good thing, but there is something else which keeps this from being too sweet and "perfumey" (which Chloe Narcisse can be at times). Kind of an incensey smell, maybe a bit like amber? Whatever it is, I do love this oil and I'm glad I bought a bottle :lovestruck:

In the imp: Vanilla sweetened by citrus and heady florals :wub2:

Wet on skin: Deliciously creamy narcissus, with some tartness from the orange blossom

Dry on skin: This is one sexy floral...the narcissus is very bold, but the orange blossom is tart rather than sweet and the vanilla makes this a deeper, creamier blend.

VERY large throw and long wearlength. This will have to be applied sparingly in warmer weather but it is a definite contender for the favorites list.

Wet: Resin? Sharp. :/

First on: Same on the skin.

Dry: And same on drydown. Sigh. I think narcissus hates me.

The orange blossom and vanilla do make me think of a floral creamsicle (not orange as in the fruit, but really creamy), but this scent is full of well, darkness. I had NO idea what black narcissus smells like but I'm guessing it's part of the very bold and dark floral here. There's a sinister, musky-animalistic tint to this despite the extreme creaminess of the vanilla and the brightness of orange blossom. I would have guessed there is some sort of woodsy note here as well. There are aspects of it that I do like... the creamy orange blossom is really nice, but the narcissus or something else is adding a disjointed edge that is really unpleasant and hard to describe on my skin. A bit sharp. With the prominent smoky vanilla, this does remind me of Vixen and Snake Oil.

I've also got an aged imp of this! It's very heavy smooth, musky vanilla. I don't know what Narcissus smells like, but it must be the slight floral sweetness I am smelling. I don't get any orange blossum. I like this one alot!

Very intense smokiness at the get-go. Rich and masculine and kinda odd all at once. I kept looking at the notes wondering how the hell Black Narcissus smelled like that on me. It's damn intense and riled up. But addictive in a weird way.

Then after about twenty minutes it's like I'm wearing a completely different fragrance. There's still the smokey scent in there but it's calmed down. And this other mingled scent emerges and oh...!!! I wanted to lick my own arm that's how much I love it. This is the kind of sweetness I really adore because it's not foody, sharp, or sugary sweet. This is like a flesh sweetness.

I still can't believe these notes smell like this on me because I would never have identified them. This is so silky and sexy, it replaced my previous going out at night scents for the time being.

Mmmm. I love orange blossom. Orangy floral vanilla. Orange blossom has a deeply sweet and a tiny bit orangy scent, a little heavy sometimes but not as bitter as lab neroli. Really nice, the vanilla makes it creamy and the narcissus gently pushes it back on the floral side. It manages to be simple yet complex at the same time, more sweet and dark than you would expect.

I bought a bottle of this blind from the lab based on the reviews. I think I need to let it age...

Sniffing the bottle and applied wet to my skin, it reeks of vetiver to me. No vanilla, no orange blossom... :cry2: The vetiver-ness eased a bit after it dried fully, but I'm just not getting that lovely vanilla and orange blossom everyone raves about. Maybe it's my skin chemistry or maybe it's because it's not had time to age...

I'm not going to dismiss it yet. I'll store this away for a couple months and bring it back after it's had some time to age a bit and see what happens.

Imp: The orange blossom is giving the vanilla an artificial smell.

Wet: A bit musty and mothbally.

Dry: Yep mothballs. I think that is the black narcissus on me. This is not my lucky day scentwise.

it reminds me of a cold winter. 5 pm when it already dark. streets are empty.

orange is covered with darkness.

At first my nose was puzzled. I thought "vetiver?" Then I was sure there was a reisen in it somewhere, but no, it's the black narcissius I recognize from Hades. It's musky and clean and just good.

I agree that it's not foody or super sweet- I think it falls into the "femme-cologne" category. And yes, slinky.

Apparently orange blossom is made of fail on me..or maybe it's the narcissus I'm hating. Whatever it is, it's BAD. :(

Out of 10: 0!

Oh my god. I never would have ordered this of my own volition, but that just goes to show you how outrageously stupid my own volition is. Instant favourite. The throw is strong, and the wearlength is the longest of any BPAL I've tried (I wore the scent three days ago and I can still smell it on my sheet, and it lasted on my skin until I washed it off the next morning). It's a gorgeous, orangey, darkness: like a coil of sweet, chocolate-orange smoke. I don't know how else to describe it, but it's the first 'floral' fragrance I've ever really loved. It's convinced me that I might really love orange blossom, and that it's good to sniff outside the box! Definately one to keep for sexy moods. :twisted:

Wet, this is all vetiver. As it dries, I am reminded of something I love. Could it be?? SNAKE CHARMER!! Yes, this is very similar to Snake Charmer on me. I just put a little dab of SC nearby Hunger, and it's like Snake Charmer with orange blossom instead of plum. Like Khrysee and Snake Charmer had babies. I LOVE this, a beautiful resiny, musky orange blossom and vanilla blend. This truly is amazing, and glad the labbies threw this one in. They really are psychic!!

In the imp: I can't quite place it - almost clove like? And musk?

Wet: Still cloves. And smoke? Or is it alcohol? Kind of astringent.

Dry: Still a little smoky and something that smells like a dab of cologne (probably the orange blossoms there... they smell like cologne to me), but supported by a sexy, sensuous musk. And a dab of something creamy is peeking through. Not bad.

A while later: Murky floral and musk. And vanilla. Very enticing. It imagine what I think a love potion would smell like. VERY nice.