Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Hunger

Evokes sheer, unadulterated carnal lust. An undeniably warm and sensual scent. Black narcissus, orange blossoms, and vanilla.

Orange Blossom and I do not get along. (It frequently turns to cough syrup.) That being said, this was orange-y and girly, but in a “sexy” way. It wasn't bad, but two people told me it smelled “old”, like grandma old.

Hunger.

.First Impression

Cocoa, with a hint of orange. Like a chocolate orange! :P Warm on the skin.

.Laters

The orange just peeks out, with a little clove, spice, or maybe incense. Something almost smoky.

.Last

Hot. This is definately a strong, "I'm hot, so come hither" scent. Me likey.

Edited by aClearInferno

I had high hopes for this scent, because I love orange blossom and vanilla. Unfortunately, the black narcissus turns this into burnt orange plastic on me. On the plus side, the scent stayed remarkably similar from the time I put it on until at least 6 hours later when I couldn't wait anymore to take it off.

So. F'ing. Good.

This reminds me a good deal of Vixen, which shouldn't be surprising given the common orange blossom note. I'm pretty sure the two are often given as smell-alikes for Chanel No. 5, but I might be quoting the wrong perfume. At any rate, it's mysterious, slightly sweet, somewhat dark, and allll sexy. Definitely not a perfume that evokes bubbly, light-hearted young sorority girls, for example.

I notice the narcissus note a lot more in the beginning, when Hunger is still wet on my skin. By the time it's all dried down, though, there is just a swirl of vanilla and something darker. It's a lot like how Snake Oil starts out on my skin, so I'm glad I have something to evoke that smell since SO just goes to powder before long.

I think I may have found a new scent for my favorites collection. :P

Hunger wet (both in the imp and once applied) smells of smokey chocolate oranges. Yum. On drydown, I get more flowery and vanilla, though the orange is still there in the background. It has food notes without smelling overall foodie.

I'm liking this much more than the typical 'flower' scent, but don't think I need a bottle. It might be good for when I want to smell 'girly sexy' (as opposed to sultry sexy, or naughty sexy!)

Everyone keeps talking about orange creamsickle and I get none of that. I have an aged bottle and it's nothing but black narcissus and vanilla on me. I wish it had orange but that's not happening here. It's become one of my favorite scents. I love it for the vanilla smokey smell and not all that sweet but more spicey. Maybe in aged imps/bottles, the orange note breaks down?

In the Bottle: Chocolate and spice. Yum!

On Me: Wierd. It's pretty perfume-y on me. Orange and Vanilla. Sort of... My Little Pony-esq. No carnal lust here. Not a keeper.

Hunger

Ars Amatoria

Right, it’s official. I’ve found a note that my skin hates. It’s taken about 30 different blends tried to find ONE. Finally, I can ignore a group of blends. I can pretend that I’ve got a rigourous set of rules when it comes to picking new oils.

Sheer, unadulterated carnal lust? No. Just burning. The vanilla note is pleasant under the burnt flowers but I get none of the orange blossoms, unless they’re burnt out too.

So... a burnt down fudge factory. Not a keeper.

Conclusion: Bye bye, Hunger. I won’t miss you.

1/10.

So. F'ing. Good.

Amen.

This stuff is crazy enticing... Hunger is a very fitting name yet this isn't foody smelling, just appetizing smelling -- if that makes sense. It is spicy and somewhat sweet with a smell that has a shimmering dark brown/golden tint... like a royal table full of rich waffles and exotic syrups. I have no idea how to describe this, but it does share similarities with Snake Oil. Quite an excellent scent, supremely decadent and exotic in nature.

Cannot stop smelling this. This could even be a new favorite. I'd recommend everyone try an imp of this stuff. I'll be going for a full bottle in my next order.

Edited by Josh

Imp: I was expecting cake, instead I wound up with the most delicate, beautiful orange blossom water scent I could ever ask for. It kind of smells like an Indian orange blossom pudding I once had.

Wet: Vanilla! Vanilla that doesn't toy around about whether or not I will get to smell vanilla! The orange blossom amps up, and I'd assume the sort of heavy, grounding note is the black narcissus.

Dry: OMFG. OMFG. OMFG. I heart Vixen. Like, I freakin' LOVE Vixen. This? BETTER THAN VIXEN! So smooth and creamy and sexy and vanilla-y. This just smells absolutely incredible. It's warm and enveloping and smells sweet and gentle with a hint of wickedness. Awesome.

Throw: Really good. Which is a pro and a con since I am generous with my application.

Overall: This is an instant top ten scent. Top five, definitely. I am in love with Hunger.

In the imp: Vanilla and orange blossom

Wet: Vanilla... am I detecting plastic? NOOOOO!!!

Dry: Plastic gone (whew) and the vanilla/orange blossom combo is back. Not real strong, but nice enough. I like this one.

I ended up liking this one because I like vanilla, though I don't know that I'll keep it past an imp's worth.

Wet: It is a warm, dry scent that is playing nicely with my skin. Rather amber or myrrh-like.

Dry: A very amber like smell is predominant in the forefront, with a slight spice and a definate vanilla streak playing backup. It fades to a slight smokiness that i have to put my nose up against my wrist to smell. A good night out perfume, but it's too sultry for daily use.

Verdict: I'll keep the imp for a while, but I don't think this is bottle worthy.

i love this in the imp!

on me orange does what orange tends to do and turn into a sour push-up pop, the vanilla adds the more sickly sweet rotten orange smell to it..

In bottle/imp: Dark, burned flowers and a wafting sweetness.

Immediately on skin: This is a dark and smoky floral with an overtone of plastic-y vanilla. It’s light and smooth, but feels like some kind of black floral.

After a little while: Unfortunately most of what I get from this is plastic. There is a certain vanilla note from the lab that smells like powdery, plastic vanilla on me, and it happens to be in this one. That is blended with some light narcissus, but that is it on my skin.

Overall Impressions: This one just didn’t work on me due to the vanilla. I’m sure it could have been pretty, too. Oh, well.

Sniffed in imp: Sharp, dusty, spicy and sweet. I suspect poppy/opium and possibly patchouli. The narcissus and orange blossom are distinct, but the vanilla is a more vague sweet note.

Wet: Very dark and heavy - I suspect almost red musk, or opium or something incensey. The narcissus combined with orange blossom is quite heavy on my skin. The vanilla has a plastic, fake quality. Oh - and visually, this is a very dark orangey brown oil.

Dry: The incense notes fade somewhat and the orange blossom becomes quite deliciously both fragrant and fruity, but the narcissus is still quite acridly sharp, and the vanilla unpleasantly artificial.

Later: It becomes increasingly sweet; the fruitness of the orange (no citrusy tartness here!) and especially the vanilla are likely responsible. Still, despite the cloying sweetness, the bite of narcissus and myrrh or whatever it is keeps this unisex.

Summary: Sickly sweet fake vanilla candle, candy-orange fruity orange blossom, sharp narcissus, and something else that's dark, bitter, smoky, and incensey. Good throw and lasting power. Made me a bit queasy, and overall - very PLASTIC.

Clearly, not one for me...as I suspected.

Edited by fairnymph

Sniffed in imp: Sharp, dusty, spicy and sweet. I suspect poppy/opium and possibly patchouli. The narcissus and orange blossom are distinct, but the vanilla is a more vague sweet note.

What with vanilla and dusty notes, I am sure this would not work on my skin.

In the vial: strong smell, something that I don't recognize--very earthy, possibly black narcissus and a strong spice. Even a bit of tobacco. I'm not getting vanilla from the spice that I smell from the vial.

Wet: sweet and orangey and a bit of musk

Dry: here comes the vanilla...now it does smell edible, warm but not overly floral. I'm still getting that tobacco note--ugh!!

This one may not me for me--I may try it again later. The tobacco note makes me queasy. This one changes quite a bit from wet to dry.

Edited by mineralfairy

I'm starting to wonder if I received a mislabeled imp or something because on me and in the imp this smelled of nothing but sharp, bitter pine! ?? For the first half hour or so this is not unpleasant but it is very masculine; within an hour it turns so sharp that it gives me a headache. Unwearable for me; I will pass it on to my boyfriend I think.

In the imp--mostly a dark floral. Wet--this is very bitter and very strong (orange blossom + my skin). As it dries, the vanilla begins to come out more, balancing out the orange blossom. Eventually, this softens down into a scent that I would classify as interesting, if not necessarily pretty: The vanilla is quite lovely, but the misbehavin' orange blossom cannot be wholly reformed. If my skin weren't so terrible with the OB it would probably be a very nice perfume.

In The Bottle

Just a faint whiff of orange

On Application

Orange and then the narcissus blasts out. Yum

Dry Down

I was so looking forward to trying my first narcissus blend and this is showing such promise. This becomes a smokey narcissus with an incense edge 5 minutes into the drydown - very spicey. This started off bright and pretty and has dried down to a dark, spicey and incensey scent. Beautiful but not sure if bottle-worthy. I will have to retry.

Rating (0-5)

Starts out as a sharp floral when wet. As it dries, takes on an earthy floral with a bit of tobacco. I think it may be a bit too sophisticated/mature for my tastes. I alternated between thinking I smelled like a sexy woman about ten to fifteen years older than me to thinking I smelled like one of my grandma's friends.

I got this because I really like warm and spicy citrus scents. There's a bitter tang to it when I sniff it in the imp, but that disappears on my skin, and I smell lots of spicy orange blossom, which is very nice. I think I'm going to let this sit for another month or two, though, and see if age improves it, because it's not very strong.

Later edit: aging is a *definite* improvement. It's still not really strong, but after six months it turns into so much awesome. The black narcissus lost the bitterness that it had when it was fresh, but it still gives a darker edge to the blossoms and the vanilla and makes it so very sexy. I will be buying a bottle of it, but I'll have to stick it in the closet for a few months and try desperately to resist using it until it's ready...

Edited by marared

wet this is thick and sweet and burns a little like love me.

i didn't think i was gonna like it when i first put it on because of the thick, sweetness.

but once it dries down...oh my!

this is one sexxxxy blend!

i'm really getting nothing orange from this, but just a gorgeous semi-sweet, but mostly musky and spicey sexiness that makes me wanna do myself if there's no one else around to do.

lol.

Wet, orange blossoms and narcissus.

Drying, the vanilla is coming forward.

Vanilla with a spicy sweet floral edge.

Promising.

Imp: Why does this smell like the French Quarter?

Wet: Dark orange and something like bitter chocolate.

Dry: Orangey, spicy floral with something like bitter chocolate.

Not really my thing, but it's a nice blend. Sexy.

In the imp: Orange and chocolate.

On me: It smells like I'm eating an orange...in a headshop. I'm generally not a fan of "sexy" notes like incense or patchouli, and Hunger is no exception. However, while it's not for me, the "evil orange" that I get from this is interesting and not unpleasant.