Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
fairnymph

BTCS

Sniffed: Light yellow oil. Very boozy butterscotch (like butterscotch extract) and cocoa, like Swiss Miss cocoa mix, not like cocoa powder. Reminds me a bit of the cocoa note in Gelt.

Wet: Cocoa all the way, virtually all the butterscotch is just GONE instantly upon hitting my skin. This is Gelt minus the amber -and like Gelt it goes sort of musty and oddly rancid-nutty very quickly on my skin. This is not the sort of cocoa note I can wear. 

Dry: Turns nutty (hazelnut) as both Gelt and Bliss do and a little rancid; fake nasty artificial cocoa powder. And very powdery it is. Good throw and evilly long longevity. It won't wash off, of course.

:ack:

Edited by fairnymph

A lovely buttery, cake-y vanilla, it goes on quite strong at first but dries down to a softer and creamy vanilla. Had I not read the previous reviews, I wouldn't have picked any cocoa or chocolate in this at all, but now that it's been mentioned.. perhaps it is lurking faintly in the background but it's definitely not strong at all. I'm not getting anything like hazelnuts (or any kind of nuts) either.

On my skin, BTCS reminds me a little of Cupcake Spatter Analysis and is also similar to Antique Lace, and it's also a bit like the XCDL13 prototype but the vanilla in BTCS is less rich/boozy.

Edited by sunshinedaisybliss

In the bottle: Wonderful boozy and delicious butterscotch smell

Wet: Rancid chocolate :ack:

Dry: Eventually it dries to something sweet a bit like marshmallow and reminds me of the dry down of Velvet Pink Kitty. Fortunately for me, this scent did not have strong throw and did not last on my wrist long.

Again, thank you to sunshinedaisybliss for being a wicked enabler! :wub:

This goes on very buttery and slightly boozy. Like there is a lot of scotch in this butterscotch or something. After a while I do pick up a slight chocolate smell but no nuts or anything. It's very bakery/foody-ish and rich.

Nice but not me.

Chocolate and butterscotch with hazelnuts. This is sweet and cloying and right at the back of your throat. I agree that this is the same chocolate from Gelt, and I couldn't wear that one either.

Wow. This is chocolate like holy shit chocolate, and for me that's a very good thing. It's a buttery boozy chocolate in the bottle, and thankfully it stays that way once it dries down on my skin. It's in the same vein with Candy Butcher, though they're definitely not the same; that one is more of a vanilla-creamy chocolate while this is more of a buttery/butterscotchy/boozy chocolate. It's insanely rich and delicious and smells like something that would up my cholesterol 50 points in half a second.

Butterscotch from the vial, on skin I smell a whiff of the dreaded plastic if I sniff up close. But the throw is still butterscotch yum. A bit of a mixed bag.

Testing again later finds it still playing out a bit buttery/plastic. It's ok, but I have foody scents I'd reach for first.

BTCS - Smells like Nutella and plasticky butterscotch. I can't wear any of the dominant notes in this blend, so it's an utter fail on me, but one that foodies will likely love to bits and pieces.

Another decant frimped to me by the lovely Scrappy! :hug:

Definitely reminds me of Milk Chocolate Buttercream which is my fave BPAL Chocolate scent ever (it's the buttercream) & of course in the same family as Candy Butcher. The butter note makes me want to lick my lips. It reminds me of dark chocolate cake mix after you've added the eggs & oil/milk/water. It smells exactly like the leftover batter in the mixing bowl tastes. I don't get any booze, just creamy, buttery cocoa.

This stays the same wet & dry on my skin. Not a morpher, just yum. I don't need to try and hunt down a bottle because I have MCB which is good enough for me.

I get the very sweet, slightly plastic-y, buttery, butterscotch note that other reviewers have mentioned. My husband instantly hated this one and said that it's too sweet and too buttery. I don't get the chocolate/cocoa smell, but this reminds me very much of Gluttony... sickly, cloying sweetness that smells like it should be in a candle rather than in a personal scent. It's like butterscotch and buttercream icing on me, but toothachingly sweet and artificial smelling, with an edge to it that smells like melted plastic on me. Ick.

Wet: this is chocolate hazelnut Nutella. There's also a milk chocolate element very similar to Bliss. It's the type of cocoa that goes powdery the second it hits my skin and dries to musty dusty dust, though. I can rarely wear this type of scent.

This started out as a flat and kind of an odd scent that is dusty, creamy, sweet, but also kind of sour and stinky, I wonder if my tester has gone bad? As it dries, I get a bit of chocolate and a flat cream scent. I might have to seek out another tester to compare.

Edited by cfrancesca

This is a very sweet, very rich, almost custardy French vanilla type of scent. I was going to say I didn't get chocolate from it at all, but I put on a new dab just now and realized I do get a chocolate note when this is wet, and it does remind me of Gelt at that stage. But the chocolate/cocoa-ness fades away pretty quickly. The vanilla reminds me of a sweeter version of Tombstone or Chimera v5--like Tombstone minus cedar, plus a slightly boozy butterscotch aspect. Even though it's sweet and rich, I don't get the same over-rich plasticky grossness that I got from Detestable Putrescence or Love's Philosophy. I think I prefer slightly less rich/boozy vanillas in general, but this is lovely overall!