Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Dark Alice

Braii

Sweet and Foody. This is a morpher. It smells like candy with the barest hints of caramel and sugar. Good lord this is sweet. Not for me but someone else might like it.

ETA: I finally figured out what this smells like. My grandmother's sweet Southern Tea! It dries down to Sweet Tea! Not a big fan but at least I know what it finally is!

Sniffed: Pale yellow oil. Black cherry/harvest fruits & berries with mulling spices and some woods and maybe light herbs. Very autumnal. Reminds me a little of Mabon, or a black cherry version.

Wet: Much spicier, a bit more like potpourri - CINNAMON, ginger, nutmeg, allspice - total mulling spices. A ripe red apple note now in addition to the black cherry. Then there's something woody below it, a little dry - oak, I think, and sage. 

Dry: It really is greatly like Mabon, but less boozy, and no blackberry - black cherry fills that role, but the apple cider note is very similar if not identical. This is also much spicier with a much stronger cinnamon note in particular, though I am cinnamon.

Summary: The spices settle down! And note that on my friend, there is almost no cinnamon - the spices are very soft as in Mabon, on her - so it's my skin amping that cinnamon note. It's still a tad too potpourri-ish for me and the fruit notes fade on my skin, but the oak and soft sage (not harsh) hold nicely. Lower throw but decent longevity.

I don't get any caramel, sugar, or tea. Not at all, not the least bit.

This one is one of my favorites from the trunk show!

It's oh so juicy with lots of fruity notes and spices. Yummy yummy spices! I don't detect any cinnamon though, as I don't get any burny feel on my arm. It's like apple cider spices.

As it dries down, the spices and the fruit meld together to make a fantastically sweet and juicy Autumn mix on my arm. It has a faint warmth rolling around too.. almost like warm apple cider, (or some other fruity cider). This actually reminds me of baking apples in the oven! Not a pie, but taking apples and stuffing them with spices. Freaking amazing!

Very festive, and the throw is wonderful too!!

This one is a black cherry fruity blend. I agree that this has cinnamon in it, but on me the black cherry has just about exploded. It's like Suck It without the booziness.

Perhaps a tad too sweet for me...

OH HAI TEA!!!!!!!!

I could drink my wrist. BRAII smells just like an expensive aromatic tea--the finest Earl Grey. Or maybe Lady Grey? Individual spice notes blend together to create something delicious.

And it's dead sexy on me! Who knew?

Edited by tarotgirl

Sweet, cinnamon tea. Quite nice. It's not "me" but it's very pleasant and wearable.

ETA: Reminds me of something and I'm trying to figure out what!

Edited by ifinena

Fruit and spices here. Black cherry and cinnamon with a hint of clove and maybe nutmeg(?). I'm also getting some cider note here. I'm not getting much in the way of tea though. Very sweet on my skin. There is something here that it going a little plastic-y, and normally my skin doesn't do that to scents so I don't know what that is. I'm starting to get the "scented candle" vibe from this.

Hmm… other reviews say tea and fruit. I get some familiar but unplaceable… sweetness... maybe some musk, but I can also go with tea. Slightly fruity but not to be pegged as any particular fruit. Something sharp and perfumey drifting in there, which is I think why I'm guessing on a musk. It is sort of spicy fruits, but not too fruity. Kind of perfumey. Is not my style.

Bizarre. I was expecting tea and sweetness. What I am smelling on me is something akin to warm hay. It's like Hay Moon, somewhat sweeter, and a very "warm" scent on. It's probably some sort of spices that are creating that impression.

Sweet jelly donut, heavy on the powdered sugar and red jam filling. This explodes in my nose - cherry grenadine? White musk? Foody but also heady and a touch boozy, like champagne - no, more like red wine, but it's developing a soft warm spiciness, like spiced cranberry compote. I smell plumeria or white ginger wafting around in the background.

I start to get intense iced black tea on the far drydown mixed with the other notes. The pastry impression fades fast, and the blend stays mostly sweet and red-fruity with wine notes.

Wow, this is definitely sweet tea. Sweet iced tea. Veeeeery strong. Doesn't change at all for me from application to dry down.

I am afraid that the strength of it is making me a bit sick.... *sigh* Not for me.

I wish that I were one of the reviewers that picked up tea from this blend. I love tea scents. I get more of a sweet, red fruitiness (maybe cherry, but not as tart as cherry usually is on me) and what smells like cider spiciness minus the apple. Lots of cinnamon with a dry sort of dustiness to it. My skin amps up spice notes and the fruity aspects fade in the drydown so that I'm left with sharp, perfumey spice. It's reminding me of holiday potpourri that has been left out past its prime...

This is like iced black cherry tea with a jolt of grenadine syrup and a pinch of spices. I usually hate fruit-with-spice scents, they turn into potpourri but this is different because it's heavy on the syrupy cherry tea notes.