Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
fairnymph

Dragon Pecker v2

Sniffed: Soil, dragon's blood, and crushed new green leaves. Dewy, almost aquatic. Quite light and sweet and almost melony or cucumbery.

Wet: Much the same, still surprisingly light/airy/green/misty. The soil note is a little more like crushed rock mixed with soil and rain - very outdoorsy and evocative. There's also a dry woody note (maybe a sandalwood or cedar) that seems almost plasticky - slick. I do think it is a type of light cedar. It reminds me of Bony Moon's cedar note and overall this scent has a similar feel.

Dry: CEDAR definitely in control now, amping as it nearly always does on my skin. Still those other aspects, but in the background - though the dragon's blood is a strong second place, and is its typical fruity-floral-soapy thing. This is unfortunately making my face itch, so I'm off to the sink. But drydown for me is DB + cedar, faint honeydew melon and soil with a 'mist' note. Definitely unique & unisex. Lower throw but good longevity.

Wet to Dry this smells of the following:

Light Dragon's Blood + Orris Root + plus cedar and pencil shavings=Dry old Dragon Pecker. And when I mean old....I mean old. This unfortunately smells like a pecker belonging on puff the magic dragon's grandfather. :eek:

ETA: This definitely makes me wonder if aging dragon peckers become lead. B/c completely dried this smells like wooden pencil shavings with lead and dragon's blood.

Edited by Dark Alice

Woooo Dragon Pecker!!

When wet, I smell dragons blood and dry cedar. The dragons blood keeps the cedar from becoming too woody though. Gives it a little kick. As it dries down, the cedar becomes less prominent. The dragons blood isn't too rich. There is definitely sweet fruity note in there as well mixing in with the dragons blood.

Once dry, the cedar calms down a little bit, leaving it woody and sweet with just a touch of dragons blood resin. Very nice!!!

Oooh, this is very nice! It's an interesting mix of sweetness (an pretty mix of some sort of fruit and light floral), saltiness, woods, and a hint of non-soapy green. It reminds me so much of something that I can't quite place, but it's definitely happy. :)

I normally hate florals, but whatever the note is smells just beautiful and lively. I'm not sure it's me since I normally prefer more incense/musk type blends (or coconut LOL), but if you like fresh, summery blends, you have to try this!

Oh yes, I bought this for the name unsniffed and unreviewed because, well, it's Dragon Pecker and how else can I have all of the Dragon without said important *achem* attributes. :lol:

In the bottle: Woody and slightly sweet. Not a heavy wood but more like the Hinoki wood in Shoggoth. A bit confusing scent-wise but not at all off putting.

Just applied: Woody and herbal with something sweet under. Really makes me think of Shoggoth but without the lemony touch of the Hinoki wood. A bit spicy almost. Just a tinge though...

Drying: The sweetness starts to come to the front but this is a green sweetness, almost like the sweet grass note from Tombstone.

Dry: Holy want more of this bad Batman!! It is such a soft beautiful woody scent with the green sweetness and a touch of a more complex herbal blend of notes in the under layer. Beth, release this one, PLEASE??? So beautiful. It joins Shoggoth as my go to scents for when I need a soft complex yet calming scent. Just beautiful! :wub2:

ETA: In extreme dry down (several hours): The dragon's blood starts to come more to the front. It had been hiding behind the wood note(s) and just now showed itself. I am loving this one more and more!!

Edited by Eutectic

Wet: A big juicy bloom of melon, definitely the floral side of the DB coming to the fore, with a green plant-y note behind the melon.

Drydown: The "bloodier" tang of the DB comes up, reminding me more and more of The Bloody Sword, The Tell-Tale Heart, or even The Cracked Bell, but with dirt where those scents have metal. Gradually the cedar comes out, which is the note that gives some reviewers the undesired "pencil shavings" moment, especially in combination with dirt -- I like cedar, though, so I'm biased.

Dry: Medium to low throw. This is one of the subtler DB scents on me, definitely unisex enough to be wearable by any gender (you'd hope so, wouldn't you?), strangely clean for an earthy scent -- very well blended in my opinion.

Verdict: It had to be said -- Dear Lab, I want more Pecker. :twisted:

This was predominantly dragon's blood and cedar on me. There was a bit of greenery in the opening stages but it faded rather quickly on me, leaving me with db and woods. This was DRY!

Well, dragon's blood normally goes incredibly floral on me, but I couldn't help but try this one. I mean.... a scent called Dragon Pecker? Hee hee!!

On the skin: A pretty slight melon floralish wood scent. Not bad! After a bit, the melon fades and it is all wood and a hint of dirt. I don't normally like dirt scents, but this is actually kind of sweet.

This starts off with the watery, sweet floral smell that I associate with dragon's blood (which always makes me think of rotting flowers in a vase of stagnant water). As it dries down, I get the very dry woods smell that other reviewers have mentioned. It's like a vase full of rotting flowers sitting on a dusty, splintery, old wooden table. It smells old, dry, dusty, wooden, and sweet. I don't really like it, but the only Ars Draconis blend that I've ever purchased a full bottle of was Dragon's Milk...

Dragon Pecker v2 - Thank you to my wonderful friend in the Ze Easter Bunny Wishing Depot who gifted me with a tester of this. (:heart: you!) This smells wonderful -- the dragon's blood in it is the light dragon's blood used in Red Moon 2004. There's also the distinct, dry, rooty scent of orris and the dry wood of cedar. I also smell a trace of something distinctly green and herbal, similar to the scent of crushed grass or maybe even a more bitter flower like marigold. Overall, I think it's an awesome dragon's blood scent and I'm glad I had the opportunity to give it a test run!

Wood and Dragon's Blood. Hmm… DBR not florally obnoxious. I actually kind of like this one, and I wasn't really expecting to. It's warm and woody.

Second try: hm, not really all that jazzed on a retest, it dries a bit sour. I like the woodiness, but not so much the sour of the DBR.

A dry, masculine version of Ladon plus extra cedar.

Applied: reminiscent of The Magician in its pencil (on me) stage, plus the sweetness of dragon's blood, and a faint hint of what might be hyacinth or some other misty wet floral?

This goes to spicy cinnamon, sweet dragon's blood, and cedar as it dries, and sweetens up past the initial dryness.

Very wearable for me.

Did I get the same bottle as everyone else? On me this is a very light floral (possibly the dragon's blood?) and WOOD. This is a heavy wooded scent for me. There is, perhaps, some orris and other dry scents in here as well. I do not get any melon or fruit or aquatics. Just a light floral (lilac?) and wood.

Bottle: Mainly wood (likely cedar) with a hint of dragon's blood in the background.

Wet: The wet phase on this is so... cedar-y. Seriously. Just put it on, went to do some laundry. Spent about five minutes thinking about why I never wear this--because pure cedar is like the inside of a hope chest. After a while, secondary notes start to peak out. A very light dragon's blood and a warm greenery sort of scent.

Dry: I think the green scent is myrtle. Which is odd from a male/female herb perspective, but I can't really think of what other ingredient is distinctive in this way on my skin. This dries down to a cedar/dragon's blood scent with a warm green background. It started out as a pretty aggressive woody scent and it wound up a softer, warm dragon's blood scent. It reminds me of warm spring/summer days and would probably be great when the weather is warmer.

Throw: Moderate.

Overall: I really like this, and it is a good scent for being interesting without overwhelming. Probably won't wear it to work because that will be an awkward conversation if anyone comments on my perfume.

From Etsy (and I'll take all the Pecker I can get :P);

Quite a masculine, woody Dragon's Blood scent. It has the same dryness as Velvet, and the same woody/vanilla note to my nose as Tombstone. In fact, it's very much a Tombstone scent with Dragon's Blood instead of sassifrass. This is actually quite lovely and subtle, and I expect I'll wear it often.

So, I bought this without reading the reviews because I saw it up on the BPAL Etsy shop and giggled at the name. Because I'm 30something going on 12. (Pecker. :lol: ) I know, worst reason ever to buy a perfume, but what the heck, right?

I wasn't expecting this level of heinously diabolical deliciousness. I really wasn't. When I open the bottle and take a big, deep whiff, I get all kinds of warm, dry woods and a deeply "berryish" dragons blood. (Normally when I smell dragons blood, I get more of the lilac-resin end of things.) It could be off-putting if I wasn't already familiar with BPAL and the fact that the bottle + the skin = totally different.

Duuuuuuuuuude. There's a hint of golden musk in here somewhere, and, to be honest, once it hits my skin, it smells like Aureus + dragons blood + golden musk + a touch of cedar. I know there's some patchouli and some sandalwood, maybe hinoki wood or teak?, and the cedar. But definitely one of the musks from Dorian is in here at the very bottom holding it glued together - my skin is amping that and the dragons blood.

The end result is heaaaaavenly. Apparently, woods are beginning to like me more - and who can complain about that? Smelling like a Dragon's Pecker is awesome. :yum:

yes, I definitely have to agree with t3andcrumpets.

This is a sweet, fruity dragon's blood note, with an absolutely gorgeous golden musk and some exotic fragrant woods.

(haha exotic wood! Dragon Pecker! I get it!)

It is beautifully unisex and undeniably pretty. In spite of the NSFW name, this would be a great perfume for all occasions, formal, business, and casual.