Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
midnight_aeval

PSX54

Prototype, unreleased, no scent description.

In my mad rush to open and sniff every tester bottle this was the first one that made me go WHOA. From the bottle, cocoa, cocoa, and MORE cocoa.

Since I didn't skin test any of these, I waited til I was driving home to give it a good run on my skin. After about 5 minutes there was a hint of mocha and a dash of spice. I thought it reminded me of El Dia de los Reyes, but that one only for a split second because it kept morphing into a more glorious cocoa powder scent.

I'm a huge fan of foodie scents (obsiouly :lol: ) and this is by far the BEST cocoa scent I have smelled to date - hands down!

Sniffed: Colourless oil. Rich hot chocolate, the thick European kind, both milk and dark chocolate notes. Very rich, but not too sweet, and not buttery, though it is creamy - sort of like Candy Butcher's creaminess.  This is very much like Candy Butcher but with extra vanilla - a sort of super creamy vanilla note on top of CB.

Wet: Instantly disgusting nutty chocolate, like Bliss. Nasty rancid hazelnut, with fake cloying vanilla, extremely nauseating. Very much like CB's drydown which is also disgusting on me though it smells delicious in the bottle.  :( It's like nearly all the rich, strong chocolate of the bottle has just vanished and this scent is also going sort of musty/oddly floury as many baked goods blends do on me.  

Summary: Eventually it's just rancid peanut butter. Off to sink.  Very strong throw and impossible to remove, of course. But I'd bet with different skin chemistry this would be the extra-chocolately, extra-creamy, extra-vanilla-y CB that I get in the bottle. That's how it is on my friend. NOT FAIR.

:ack:

Edited by fairnymph

Wet on the skin, heavy on the cocoa. If you are chocolate and/or foody lover this is something worth trying. :yum:

It's sort of a dry milk chocolate scent on my skin. I only wish it lasted longer.

Edited by angelicruin

This was passed onto me as a tester by fairynymph with the recommendation that its similar to Candy Butcher. Eager to test this out.

In the decant, I recognize the cocoa note from El Dia de los Reyes, but there's something smoother, creamier about it. ...I may have to start praying that this goes desperately wrong, cause this may be a DISO.

And oh dear god, this is amazing on me. Damnit. DISO, AWAY!

Edited by Venneh

Creamy, spicy cocoa with nice throw. Just about as yummy as you can imagine. The spice gives it a perfect kick. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this scent.

Cocoa and cream. It's like Candy Butcher on steroids.

And I'm pretty sure it's cream as opposed to milk because it definitely is 'creamy' and it goes to plastic on me after like 20 minutes... just like every other blend that has BPAL's cream note.

Stupid skin chemistry.

In the Bottle: Oh thank God! This doesn't smell like Candy Butcher at all! To me, Candy Butcher has sort of a.... phallic quality to it.... like milk chocolate and cream mixed with you-know-what. Not just on my skin, but in the bottle as well. By contrast, PSX54 smells like dark chocolate and cream with nothing else in sight

Wet on Skin: The chocolate lightens and sweetens instantly.... almost to a milk chocolate. Unfortunately though, I'm getting a plastic note :(

Dry: Yay! The plastic note disappears just as quickly as it came! The chocolate note has darkened again.... it's not as dark as it was in the bottle, but it's not as light as it was when wet... actually, it does smell like a cup of hot chocolate with extra cream and sugar

This is absolutely delicious, BUT it's incredibly faint and disappears on me within an hour

Another member was kind enough to send me a tester of this for which I am so grateful! I was curious if this would finally be the perfect chocolate scent for me. Unfortunately, I don't think it is. ;;_;;

In the bottle: Cocoa Powder!

Wet: Cocoa powder and something else, it doesn't seem like cream to me because it doesn't seem creamy and it might be nut, but it's not like a nut chocolate it's more like cocoa powder sitting next to some peanut butter?

Dry: Gah, for a few minutes I get a funky dirt note! Then it goes away but this is definitely a very dry scent on me, it's not a rich a chocolate at all so much as it smells like I have the remains of dutch processed cocoa powder on my wrist from making brownies. It's not sweet either it's like actual cocoa powder. It lasted for about 3 hours on me and now (5 hours) if I huff my wrists I get hints of something of like tootsie roll. WEIRD!

In the bottle: Soft cocoa, cream and marshmallows. Incredibly similar to Haunt's Turkish cocoa when I compare the two scents.

Wet: Richer chocolate. There's a slightly sour note to the milk, but it's not really noticeable unless I really breathe in. Miserable throw.

Dry: A weird, fluffy sugary marshmallow scent. I know there's cocoa there, but my nose is convinced it's marshmallow. When I breathe deeply, I detect what may be the slightest hint of fruit, but I'm not sure if it's just my brain tricking my nose since it associates chocolate scents with that tartness. Very odd. It's nice, and perfectly wearable, but I dunno. I've got nicer chocolate scents, and this is a bit too close to Haunt's Turkish Cocoa. I think I might put this one up for swaps.

Edited by downloadstone

In the bottle, this smells like Lump of Coal plus Gluhwein... which is to say it smells like fudgey brownie batter and spiced wine. On my skin, it smells like rich chocolate brownies with a dusting of sweet spice, and a hint of something like the wine in Gluhwein. It smells very warm, rich, heavy, and decadent on me. I would probably get a bottle of this if it were available, though it seems a little too sweet for me at times.

Creamy chocolate with a hint of spice. Moderate throw. A foody's dream scent. For me it's more for huffing and not actually wearing. Or maybe for creating a fun, playful home atmosphere. Nice.

On the skin it`s dark, thick and rich chocolate, like the melted bar used to make cakes, that reveals some well behaved spices. Then it dries to pure and simply divine choco note. This is heaven for me :wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

I got to try a bit of this thanks to the lovely sunshinedaisybliss. :wub:

It's a rich chocolate that isn't dark but isn't light. It's somewhere in between. It goes on very creamy and stays that way. No weird notes that I usually get with cream, which is surprising (and bittersweet, considering). After a bit into the drydown, there is a light hint of spice, perhaps nutmeg? and I swear I get musk. This almost reminded me of the Yule BTBT and how it smells after drydown on me. For a minute, I even got the tobacco. Then it went away.

I'm left with a very creamy chocolate that is beautiful and I like but don't NEED. Thank the might Bpal gods for that one. :lol:

Chocolate and cream, but something has gone horribly wrong with my skin chemistry here. It smells funky and almost rancid on me. Which is disappointing as in the decant it smells divine! I'm also getting something a little "nutty" but it's not translating as hazelnuts. Oh gew, this is just not playing nice with me at ALL.

Gorgeous creamy chocolate in the bottle, but turns to cocoa-scented plastic on my skin. :( Will have to use the locket for this one!

Hot chocolate, marshmallows, hazelnut and champagne truffles and a touch of sticky sweetness! This is a lovely dry cocoa, with creamy notes, making it more hot chocloate than just plain old cocoa. I'm also detecting a scrumptious hazelnut early on in the piece, like the centre of a good, thick, rich truffle; the kind that is smooth and heavy and sticks to the roof of your mouth. I do get a berry note here, it's not a big player, but because I amp sweet, I'm getting a sort of redish pink sticky sweet thing. It might even be the pink marshmallows alongside the white ones that I'm picking up and thinking of as berries. There's something a touch alcoholic here, just a little spike to counter the smooth hot choc, it's almost like a champagne truffle scent. Very yummy, not as cocoa heavy or as full bodied as I'd hoped, it's voluptuous from the sweetness, but lacks a little more filling out. Throw is fairly light, and to get that gorgeous hazelnut, I need to sniff right up close to my skin.

I am really glad I got to try this, as it is a lovely blend.

I was afraid this will turn into that perfect cocao scent I cannot get hold of. Well I guess I'm lucky. Thanks to a sweet BPALer who gifted me a sniffie of this, I now know this smells like strong, dry, heavy cocao powder on me. A bit like bittersweet chocolate in dry down. I'm happy to have tried it and will not be needing a bottle as sadly it didn't get to the wonderful creamy stage on me as some others have. :)

Edited by ScentedDreams

Milk chocolate from the vial, but I'm getting something else subtle with it… but what? I have alternately thought coffee, peanut butter, incense, booze.

On my skin it gets kind of yucky, and is plastic chocolate and … booze? Like, wine. Later, like tomato soup. This is weird.

Based on how sought-after it is I'm glad it doesn't work on me!

I'm testing a quarter-imp that's been through dozens of hands by now, so it's safe to say we've got some aging and oxidizing going on here.

This is a gorgeous foodie scent from the vial. Oddly, my first thought was "Crumpet Rebellion!" I got the butter, the pastry, and a red-berry filling like raspberry. There was a boozy depth to the background that resolved into a chocolatey Nutella note. There's none of the bitter or dust that I associate with several of the Lab's cocoa notes, but rather a smooth, pure milk chocolate cream. Unlike Bliss, this chocolate element doesn't go plastic on me.

This does morph into an oddly peanut-butter like note, as Myth noted, but it's not unpleasant.

Verdict: heavy on the cream, the milk chocolate, and the pastry. Light on a sticky raspberry jelly note, and a final hint of hazelnuts.

PSX54 - Still searching for a milk chocolate blend I can wear. This one smells like milk chocolate and vomit on me. Why does milk chocolate have to hate me so much? :rant:

This smells like a tub of milk chocolate cake frosting. While I love dark chocolate and cocoa scents, I'm not a fan of anything milk chocolate with the exception of The Candy Butcher - everything else is too sweet and runs the chance of getting plasticky on my skin, which this does.