Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lycanthrope

The Snack Hut

THE SNACK HUT
Hot popcorn covered in a glowing golden liquid substance, fried things, and artificially flavored cherry frozen carbonated beverages, extra-loaded with high-fructose corn syrup.

Wet, in bottle: Smells a bit like soft butter, with a syrupy soda fruit aroma.

On, it's cherry lip balm on my skin, which gradually evens out and loses the waxy aroma and turns more into... cherry cola! Yay! There's maybe a hint of crusty foodiness, but it's not overwhelming at all. A touch of popcorn-like savory foodiness, but not at all like Shill.

Drying down, again, mostly slightly fizzy cherries, a hint of sugar, with a bit of corny cornification.

Over time, the cherry morphs into this very sharp, slightly... fruit leathery... berry thing. Oh, not for me. Edited by Shollin

On me this is intially very cherry like cherry jujubees...this dries down to cherry with an undertone of a warm buttery note....really like it....glad to have a bottle!

I'm getting Cherry Icee, sugary caramel, and a sweet buttery note with this blend. The Cherry note is the strongest, but I usually amp cherry notes, so not a surprise for me.

I was lured in with the promise of popcorn and fried things, lol, but all I can smell is the cherry. The Snack Hut smells exactly like red cherry lip balm on me. I'm hoping that this gets better and more complex with age...

In Bottle - Light butter, almost like a softer, fruit-based Gluttony. Smells a lot like a state fair's parking lot, really.

Wet on Skin, First Applied - Fried cherry slushies.

Dry, on Skin - Dries down to a cherry icee scent, but it doesn't seem like the lab's usual cherry note--so I think something must be settling it down from being too sweet or cough syrup-ish. Either way, I really like it! I didn't much care for previous cherry scents I've tried, like B-Horror and Dark Chocolate Covered Cherry, because they went very cough syrup on me. This definitely stays a gentle cherry, somehow 'cold' scent. I can see where it could be a little chapstick-y, but I've always sort of liked that smell, anyway. ;) If you have had previous bad encounters with the lab's cherry note but want to find something it works in, I think this one is definitely worth a try.

This smells just like a cherry Icee! There's a little whiff of "fried" at the beginning but the cherry candy takes over fast. It's cute!

In the imp: Why, hello there, sweet artificial cherry!

Wet: See above, for starters. There might be a hint of the cola and the corn syrup, but only a hint.

The dry-down: Yes, this is now mostly cherry coke, starting to lose its fizzle and coldness, perhaps because it's been ignored too long, and has been sitting next to a bag of popcorn that is losing its warmth. Not that the bag of popcorn is smelling up the joint, or anything like that, you know?

Otherwise, this reminds me of sucking on cherry cough drops when I have a cold and a cough. Not a pleasant memory to evoke.

Also, as a child, I had a bad experience, by association, with cherry coke. Some friends drank the cherry coke one afternoon at the movies; I just had regular coke. They got very ill. There was bacteria or germs or something in the cherry coke syrup. Not nice for my friends.

I'll probably have to wash this off, but it really does smell like cherry Coca-cola. If you like cherry coke, you will like The Snack Hut.

I thought this was going to be my One True Scent. What could be better than buttered popcorn and cherry soda? Unfortunately, when I put it on, all I get is a giant whiff of Play-Doh. :cry2: I'll have to find a new home for my bottle.

edit - I tried it again today, and got equal parts cherry soda and Play-Doh. Maybe there's still hope!

Edited by neverything

When I first put this on it smells like cherry slushie and plasticky fake chocolate flavoring with popcorn butter. Oookay... As it dries down it calms down a bit and loses the plasticy edge. After a while it's just cherry slushie and popcorn butter, no hint of chocolate anymore. I'm not a fan of cherry syrup smell so I'll be passing on my decant.

Had to get this to go with the Nameless City Drive In Theatre

Oh my god, hostess cherry pie thingy! I can smell the gooey cherry filling and the sugar glazed pastry. It does start to go the way of chapstick, but I still like it :)

In the bottle it is buttery fried things and the hint of cherry slushies. First wet on my skin it is fried things with a hint of fruit. Once dry it is all cherry slushie. This is totally my chidhood summers, riding my bike to the little league snack stand getting a churro and a cherry sno-cone. :lol:

This makes me swoooon! It smells exactly like my usual order at the cinema, a blue raspberry and cherry mixed Ice Blast with hot sweet and butter popcorn. It's fizzy and fruity and utterly delectable.

This is a sweetie lovers dream, and it is utterly artificial, but in the best way possible! It's not trying to be anything other than completely bad for you, and I adore this. This scent is a perfect cinema novelty factor and I think I will have to wear it each time I go!

Cherry popcorn.... now THATS an idea ;)

Someone let me buy a bottle?!

Hmm, this seems like an interesting scent.

From the imp: I totally get fried food and cherry soda. Its so strange to be able to capture that. The fried food even smells hot.

On my skin: Lol, this is like a heart attack and obesity in a bottle. Its that greasy greasy fried food. The kind that was fried in oil that hasnt been changed in weeks and leaves a thick coating on the back of your throat, and every time you breath you get the cool sensation from the grease coating your mouth. Followed by a gulp of fizzy cherry cola to break down the leftover grease.

I dont ever get popcorn, just the fried foods and cherry coke.. which I think is cool enough. This is definitely a novel scent, that will only be worn for special occasions (state fairs, circus', maybe motocross, and demo derbies).

Like Tula, I would like a full bottle!

In the imp: That wonderful artificial cherry flavour.

Wet: (My baby likes...) Buttered popcorn, with what my mind interpets as 'artifical red flavour'.

Dry: Yeah, salted cherry. Odd, this one.

Yup..... Total Snack Bar smells! I love it.

It smells like sweet fried things and then Twizzlers.....wonderful delicious juicy Twizzlers.

I'm so glad to have a bottle of this. It's my perfect Late Summer weekend days scent.

Cherry slushie gives way to cherry chapstick on me. It has an unfortunate, plastic-y undertone on me. The plastic ends up going away after a while, reverting back to just cherry slushie.

It was nice to be able to try this, but I just cannot deal with the plastic-y chapstic phase of the scent, so I will be passing it on to someone who will hopefully have better luck with this.