Was playing with a loaded gun.
He pointed it towards his sister,
Aimed very carefully, but missed her.
His Father, who was standing near,
The Loud Explosion chanced to Hear,
And reprimanded Algernon
For playing with a Loaded Gun.

Distinctly scorched ginger musk.

Effervescent ginger ale, butterscotch pudding, white musk and a light whiff of smoke. Sweeter than imagined it would be, lovely nonetheless, being naughty was never so nice!
After a few hours this dries down to a glorious peppery ginger musk Edited by Shollin

I really like Playing With a Loaded Gun. It smells a bit similar to Diary of a Teenage Cannibal, although I don't see any notes in common. Ginger musk likes me and its sweeter than I expected it to be. I don't smell rooty ginger here, but more of a candied ginger. It lasts long and is fairly strong (plenty of throw), so it doesn't need to be slathered to get the full effect.

In the bottle: strong ginger musk!

Wow, this is incredible. The ginger is sweet and kind of fizzy smelling. There's sort of a creaminess to it as well. I didn't except this one to be the winner of the inquisition blends for me, but I've got my nose glued to my wrist! I might try to hunt down another bottle of this.

Picture a vital, beautiful, zaftig woman making cookies with her lover. She's sweating a tiny bit because the kitchen is warm, and as she pulls out the last tray of cookies, she notices a burnt one on the outside of the tray. She slides the rest of the cookies onto a cooling rack, but lifts the burnt one to her mouth. Her lover watches as she devours the sweet, spicy cookie, all but one tiny blackened crumb which falls to rest against her skin, just above her bra. Her lover licks a finger, picks up the crumb, and brings it to her lips.

This scent smells like that blackened cookie crumb with a slight overlay of warm skin musk.

In the bottle: Ginger Ale, but not a super sweet one, just a hint of sugar.

Wet: Freshly grated ginger with a hint of creaminess, I am loving this scent.

Dry: The ginger becomes slightly less strong for me and the creaminess picks up, it reminds me of those ginger candies you can buy in Chinatown. Definitely a keeper!

In the bottle and on my skin at first, this smells fizzy and really sweet, like some sort of cola. As this dries down, it's much the same, except it starts getting smoky. It's like fizzy cola, a hint of spiciness, and a background of woodsmoke. I don't like the strongly smoky phase, but I like this when the smoke calms down again, and I think that this scent would be too sweet without that smokiness cutting through it. The fizziness also starts to fade after an hour, leaving me with kinda flat cola, a hint of spice, and a hint of woodsmoke.

All in all, it smells sort of dark and playful, sweet and warm, and with the hint of spiciness making it seem appropriate for the winter weather and the holidays. It reminds me slightly of Te Po.

I'd have to agree with other reviewers about the fizziness of this scent. There is something absolutely effervescent about the wet stages of this. As it dries, I get a smoky light musk coming out. This stays pretty light (in feel) on me, but it wafts around like a cloud. There does seem to be a bit of a creamy sweetness about it. I like.

in the bottle: omg ginger ale!

wet: WHO IS DRINKING GINGER ALE??? i can smell it, it's all around me... and i want some. :yum:

dry & a few hours later: GINGER ALE :bunnyluv:

yup. smells just like Hansen's.

i got this because i expected it would be a darker, smoldering ginger type scent... well it's not, at all!

instead, it's fizzy, zesty, sweet ginger. underneath there's a hint of musk, and i suppose you could say it's a tad "smoky" - but in the same way as "smoky vanilla" or "smoky beeswax" is - more of a creamy smell, instead of burnt. seems pretty strong and lasting as well.

love it.

Edited by manusdei

I love this wet. I get all ginger and it's very spicy and creamy and I want to slather it on. Which I did several times! I smell the ginger ale or cola fizziness as well...it's very creamy cola though and it reminds me of one of the Atomic series scents. It's awesome!

The dry down is much like teenage cannibal but without the lighter candy element. Like a distant cousin that is much more sophisticated. there is no firey burnt note or smokey note to me. on super dry down i get that wild ginger scent. i prefer all the previous stages the best but i like this blend a lot!

Whoa, this is strong Ginger Ale on my skin too. Ginger ale soaked in something burnt & crusty. While not my favorite of the Inquisition 2009 scents, I do want to hang onto this and see how it ages.

This is definitely a fizzy scent and a lot lighter than I was hoping it would be. It goes on fizzy and stays that way for about a half an hour. After that it's strictly ginger, which is nice as the fizzy part of the smell doesn't appeal much to me.

Unfortunately this does not last very long on my skin and I have to reapply frequently. This might be a scent for the locket.

Sparkly ginger ale. I don't smell any scorched anything. Very fizzy and nice, but not what I was expecting from the description!

Well this is strange.. not at all what I was expecting! As previous reviews have said, it smells quite strong in the bottle - sweet and creamy and a big waft of ginger. However when it first went on my skin, I could swear it smelt like fizzy orange - not a sweet citrus kind of orange but a deep rich blood orange. Ginger doesn't usually smell like orange, so as I said.. strange!

Half an hour in, I'm still getting that blood orange thing but now I can tell that there's ginger involved - a very slight peppery spiciness is coming through the sweetness. It's still quite creamy, which I guess is the musk, but I can't say there's much of a 'scorched' aspect to it though.. maybe a teensy hint of smoke, but I might just be imagining that. This would have been right at home with the Atomic Luau Lounge range of BPALs from a while back.

Overall, a very interesting blend - not an instant love but I have a feeling it might age beautifully so I'll hang on to it and see what happens :smile:

On the skin: Ginger ale!! This smells exactly like ginger ale on my skin!

A bit later, I get a huge burst of burning. Smells like ginger ale that has been left on the stove waaaaaaay too long.

I am afraid that I can't stand burning scents.....

YumYumYUM!!!

I'm really liking this!

Once applied, it's sweet ginger candy with effervescence! Pretty straight forward.

As it dries down, the effervescence calms down a bit, and the blend as a whole sweetens up a little bit. It becomes ginger musk instead of ginger ale.

It's a little close to the skin, and the throw isn't too strong, but I am able to catch tiny whiffs of it every now and then.

Verdict? delicious and nutritious.. tastes just like chicken!

In the bottle it really reminds me of indie brand ginger ale, like Dr. Brown's. On me, though, this is definitely ginger and musk and it does smell scorched. I can't smell any other notes (if there are any). On me Playing With a Loaded Gun smells exactly as it's described. No real surprises here. I sort of like it, which is good because I wasn't really expecting to.

I am getting a tall glass of highly carbonated fizzing ginger ale, and it's double concentrated.

Musk lays in the backdrop upon drydown, but remains faint to me.

This starts out as a gorgeous ginger, very reminiscent of 'real' ginger beer. It also reminds me a bit of the ginger in Opuhi, but stronger. Unfortuneately, it fades to a rather bland sweet, fruity musk on me. I really wish the wet phase stayed, it was kind of like a naughty Opuhi. *sigh*

In the imp, this smells... abrasive. Like a really sharp, burnt ginger. And on my skin... equally abrasive. It doesn't really morph into anything else. :(

I didn't read the description for this before I put it on, and I really thought it had orange in it. Or orange blossom -- something like that. It smells orange-y to me. Like ginger too, but in a soft way. The ginger isn't overwhelming. I do detect that fizziness that other people have talked about, and although normally I don't like that kind of thing, it seems to suit this scent.

It gets less fizzy and more musky as it dries, and that orange note I smelled at first isn't as strong.

I like it. It feels kind of like a novelty scent to me rather than an everyday scent, though, and I don't wear those very much.

I finally got my hands on some of this! Scorched ginger musk didn't sound pleasant, but the comparisons to ginger ale had me intrigued. When I put it on, it smelled a lot like the ginger in Mother Ginger, but instead of being supported by MG's vanilla sugar marshmallows, Playing with a Loaded Gun is just fizzy ginger and a bit of musk. It's also a good deal quieter than Mother Ginger. PwaLG stays closer to the skin, and it's kind of sexy for that reason. I love light, foody, spicy ginger scents so this is definitely a keeper.

Got this as a frimp in a sale package. I love ginger, so I'm testing it out.

In the decant: Ginger! This isn't a sweet, cookie ginger, though. It's more like a piece of dried ginger, which I like to chew on for stomach upset, but it's strong.

On my skin: SuperGinger! Wow, this is just like ginger tea. A bit of smokiness is coming out as it dries, which is where the "scorched" description came from I imagine, but it's not overpowering. I don't smell the musk by itself, but it's lending the blend a creamy quality. It's still not like a cookie, but like ginger tea with a bit of milk, maybe.

This. Is. Awesome. My sweetie loves it too. I need a bottle!

My partner (sunlitgarden) got this as a frimp from one of her swaps. I wondered what smelled so delicious when she was testing it, so I put some on my skin and decided to write my own review!

Wet: GINGER. Plus something sweeter, perhaps orange, though that may be because I'm used to ginger being paired with citrus. There is also the barest hint of smoke present. After a few minutes, the smoke grows more prominent, but not overwhelming. The ginger loses sharpness with time, and after about a half hour or so, it smells more like a cookie. Sunlitgarden likened it to ginger tea softened by milk, and that also works; either way, the note is dimmed. Delicious but fades out rather quickly on me. :(