Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
cfrancesca

Overprotective Possessed Talking Doll

A sweet and disquieting mix of mimosa and strawberry.

This seems to be the same strawberry note that's in Strawberry Moon 2009, but while SM 2009 has that fresh green note that makes it more realistic, this one has a tart, sparkling note that makes it sort of artificial. Sorry Overprotective Possessed Talking Doll (I love your name though)!

In imp: Mmm, strawberry candy with a mimosa kick. Candy sweet, very nice!

Wet: The mimosa really does lend something to this strawberry, which definitely isn't a fakey, plastic strawberry, but isn't a juicy fresh strawberry like in Strawberry Moon 09. This is a strawberry hard candy, all the way.

Dry: Sweeter than sweet, fruity, girly, and fun. This has to be my new favorite strawberry blend, but I might swap it on just because I don't know when I'd actually wear it. A totally adorable blend, even if Loli.Goth has me covered as far as strawberry scents go. 4/5

This is definitely a case of skin chemistry gone WTF. In the vial, it smells of sweet, strawberry fizziness, and then once applied... a Red Delicious apple just starting to rot. For shame, skin. For shame.

Good for wearing: while buying fruit at the grocery store, to remind me to only buy what I can eat in time.

Woo, that's sweet. I was thinking that it was a bit tart, but that seemed okay because it smelled kind of liquidy instead of chalky, and I can handle tart that's not chalky. But then when it was dry it kinda went chalky. Like the candy powder that's left in the bottom of the bag. This strawberry doesn't smell juicy like I like strawberry to smell, it's just really sweet and candyish.

I already have a couple of strawberry favorites, so I'll pass this one along.

Swapped for a bottle of this, as I do love me some strawberry, but Strawberry Moon '09 just went too green on me.

In the bottle: Rich, ripe strawberry with a touch of sugar and a hint of something bitter in the background. Hmm.

On: Yow. This is very much true strawberry, but I also smell a distinctly odd bitter bite that past experience tells me is the mimosa making itself known. Very true to the description, but do I really want to wear this?

Drydown: Oh thank the infinite. After only a few minutes drying time, the mimosa settles down to a wispy hint of dark floral bitterness, which actually does a nice job of grounding the strawberry just enough to let this be perfume and not food.

Conclusion: I think I've found my go-to strawberry BPAL! YAYZA! :joy:

Overprotective Possessed Talking Doll

On: Odd. This is incredibly sweet. Almost sickly sweet. A tiny bit powdery, but sticky, too.

1 hour in: Much nicer. Sweet, but not overwhelmingly so. Powdery and nice.

5 hours in: Still sweet and powdery. Pretty.

Overall: This is pretty, but not a must-have for me.

Edited by Shollin
Removed Lab description

This is happy in a little glass vial! Nothing more, nothing less. Just sheer uplighting sweet sticky goodness! It's so simple, but a perfect combination. It's got great throw, but doesn't last long on my skin. It's ate up all the strawberry, leaving a faint powdery sweet trail of mimosa. Ideal if I don't want the world to know what perfume I am wearing (as sometimes it's a very personal thing). I am utterly in lurve with this mad talking doll! Ahhhhhhhh!

Overprotective Possessed Talking Doll is cute in the bottle, but oh-so-awful on my skin. In the bottle it's SN strawberry, which is kind of fakey, but I still like it. On my skin, the mimosa goes sour-powdery and the strawberry goes all Zombie Apocalypse sugary (love the ZA, but not with mimosa). This is destined for the locket.

This is PINK in a bottle. It's flamingos blowing bubbles of strawberry bubblegum. Juicy, girlish, giddy almost. I barely get any florals, to me it is all sugary pink goodness and I am more than happy to slather.

In the bottle, super SUPER sweet strawberry candy. Like if it was an actual candy and you were chewing on it it would make your teeth hurt, it's that sweet. I'd definitely say it borders on sickly but for a sinister doll scent I think it's perfect!

Once on my skin the mimosa kicks in and instead of just saccharine strawberry candy I get sour sugary strawberry candy. Like those fizzy strawberry laces. I don't get the slightest whiff of floral, but on the drydown the whole thing becomes a tad powdery and, as someone else said above, chalky. It's definitely a lot more wearable than the tooth-rotting sugary candy scent in the bottle. I've been craving more strawberry and peach scents recently (maybe because Summer is imminent?) and this partly fills the great big strawberry shaped hole in my bpal collection, so I am happy to have a bottle. And it goes without saying the name is one of the best in bpal history!

Smells like shiny strawberry lipgloss with a touch of sourness. That sour note reminds me of Thunder and Blazes, of all things. It’s overpowering, actually: on my skin I can barely smell the strawberry.

This just… doesn’t smell good. It’s kinda like powdery B.O. and a Strawberry Shortcake doll. Nooooo thank you.

Yep, I tried this one for the name, which is awesome. You won't find either strawberry or mimosa on my list of favorite notes. While super sweet candied strawberry in the imp, Overprotective Possessed Talking Doll has a plasticky, almost sour note when it hits my skin. This tester will get frimped on to someone else.

Wet: Strawberry hard candy! There's a slight sour-floral note as well, but the strawberry is the dominant note here.

Dry: Less of a strawberry candy scent, and more of just a naturally-sweet strawberry. The sour-floral note is still there, but the strawberry is balancing it nicely.

I think I would throw this in the "pink and girly" category. ;) 

I was really looking forward to this since I love collecting toy/doll themed perfumes and I love a good strawberry. The strawberry was basically the only note, the mimosa didn't really appear. In fact, I swore this was a powdery strawberry cake before looking up the notes! I guess that's what over a decade of aging will do to this. Regardless, I do like it and will likely seek an upgrade even though it didn't end up being what I expected.