Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sfsassy

Monsieur Petitbled's Frivolous Wheeled Footwear

MONSIEUR PETITBLED'S FRIVOLOUS WHEELED FOOTWEAR
Really, really reckless: red currant, fig, leather, and patchouli with clove bud, orange flower, and pink pepper.

I am first....pressure. :)

Out of all the scents, this was the one I wanted the most.
It sounds like a sexy scent. I was only worried that the clove would be too strong.

When first applied I got a blast of red currant and that hint of clove. This clove is not too strong at all!
I have had it one for 40 minutes now and I get more of the labs patchouli note and some leather....still very "red" in personality. I do not detect any orange flower.

Overall, RED, warm, Sexy: Keeper!

:wet: There is no red sexy musk in this. Just fake cherry cough syrup.

Drydown: Very HERBAL cherry flavored cough syrup. So not a fan of this. Going to swap this one off now. :ack:

Sniffing this in the bottle, I thought that I smelled clove, but then it suddenly just smelled like bubblegum.

On my skin, this smells like orange blossom and a bit of pink bubblegum. Is orange flower the same as orange blossom? It has that creamy floral and orange candy smell that I get from orange blossom. It has a happy, candied feel.

As this dries down, Frivolous Wheeled Footwear is orange sweet tarts candies, spicy clove, and a touch of something warm and perfumey (almost like there's a hint of heated red musk in here somewhere). It mostly reminds me of sweet tarts candies, though. I was hoping for more of the fig and patchouli, but I can't pick out either of those notes at all.

This is like a silly, warm, candied scent trying to dress up and be serious & sexy, but failing at that. I hope that it gets more earthy with some aging.

complex red scent. Smells like red musk to me evern though there isn't any in there. The patchouli smells like the patchouli in Lush's Tramp shower gel which is earthy and green, not head shoppy. Definitely a light leather or smoky undertone…I read red musk where it's actually fruit notes. like a thick paste of jammy fruits....very complex and intriguing but not for me.

TD..kogi...this one is for you guys!!! :D

Right after application, I immediately smell pepper, clove, orange flower, & red current...

The patchouli and leather are a little shy and only come out as it begins to really dry on my skin. The fig note remains elusive, but that's okay. :)

In the bottle it smells lighter than expected, and fruity. Mostly I'm getting the orange flower, backed by some fig and a little of the red currant.

Wet: it's still lighter than what I was expecting (and wanting). I was expecting a deeper scent. The patchouli is coming out; at least I'm assuming it's that and the clove that are going woody on me.

Dry: the leather comes out to play which would give the depth i wanted if it didn't turn sour when combined with the orange flower. Sigh. And it loses to the orange too. And there is a slightly wonky note that coems in and out which I think is the pink pepper.

I am left with orange as the prdominant note, abcked by patchouli and I know the clove is under there only because the orange smells like Ghosts of Christmas Present atmosphere spray.

All in all not what I was hoping for. I never knew I amped orange before. Which is a shame given it's not a scent I am find of -though I was safe with it being the flower and low on the list here.

I wa shoping for something comparable to Boadicea on me - sharing the fig, patchouli, leather notes, swap the neroli for orange flower... But it's compeltely differnet alas. Oh well. That'd what I get for being nice ;)

This is fruity but not. It starts as all orange flower and currant. As it dries I begin to get leather and clove. When it's dry I finally get pink pepper. I like it.

*cries*

It's...so...perfect...

And I only got a decant.

This is the most wonderful, fruity, smooth, warm scent with a tweak of pink pepper. It's lighter than Mme. Moriarty, but to me it's in the same family. It's more adult than Mme. Lilith and much more playful than MM.

It's so smooth, with a great throw and long-wearing. It's just incredible, and I'm an idiot for missing out.

It's sort of patchouli-ish currant with almost a woody undertone (I guess that's the leather). It's not overly sweet, but it is a sweetish blend. I'm in love.

Golden oil. Bright, juicy-tart red currant leads the way, followed by the orange flower and then the pink pepper, making for a surprisingly bright and girly scent. The clove bud and patchouli do add darkness, but it's distant. I can't pick out the leather or fig.

BAM there's the leather, sharp-chemical-powdery De Sade-style. Still, the red currant remains strong and delicious, as does the orange flower - and this is definitely orange flower, a distinct note from the lab's orange blossom, which I can't wear (it turns sharp on my skin). This stays true to life, fresh and fragrant and lightly citrusy and creamy.

The pink pepper is not spicy or soapy, but adds an almost rosy note and a touch of warmth - for some reason this whole scent evokes a deep salmon pink sunset for me. I get a bit of sweet fig (the fruity note from Carnal), and more of the clove bud which adds a bit of woody sharpness, but the patchouli is extremely light and wearable - reminds me of the note in Croquet.

Red currant and orange flower are fading, or else being overtaken by the greatly amping leather and clove bud. This is becoming more and more spicy, sharp, and biting. And the fig is amping too, and I don't like BPAL's fig - it's too candy-sweet and heavy. The pink pepper is turning a little spicier too. Wahh. This was so surprisingly lovely at first, but my skin just makes this a mess.

Uh, wow. This totally morphed - again! Now it's alllll fig. 90% fig. It smells almost exactly like Carnal's drydown on me, with the orange flower contributing some orange note...though I get almost no orange in Carnal anyway. I can still smell all the other notes, but the fig has completely taken over and relegated the formerly intense leather and clove to the distance with the other notes, although they're still a little stronger than the rest of the background, especially if I sniff very close to the skin, then they leap out.

Sweet, rich fig, chemical-powdery slick leather, and sharp clove. Good throw and fades a bit but then holds.

Edited by fairnymph

I get mostly a burst of red currant and orange flower at the beginning. And then leather on the bottom. It is slightly chemically, but on me, this kinda works. As it dries, I get a hint of clove and fig.

I think this would smell delicious on the right man. In fact, I am going to see how it works out on mr. zee_zee....

Hmmm... I think I may have found my favorite Inquisition!

I LOVE this!!

It's sweet and fruity, with a little touch of orange flower (which truthfully smells like Flowers growing in oranges!) With a little bit of spices and earth mingling around. I wouldn't have thought that out of all of the inquisitions, that this would smell the best for me. I was a bit fearful of the orange flower note, only because Orange blossom smells rancid on me. This is different.

As it dries down, the floral aspect of the orange flower calms down and the currant livens it up a little bit.

Once it's dry, the clove and leather are now the forerunners!

This is one morphing perfume. I'll need much more of this winner!

:joy:

Verdict: Orange you glad I didn't say banana?

My color impression of this is blazing orange. Almost neon. It's a wild scent. :eek: Makes you feel like bouncing off the walls.

Very fruity and powerful, with lots of spice-- not foody, comforting spice, but like firework blasts of spice. Powdery leather and patchouli simmer in the background and provide a slightly woody, grimy base for all this craziness.

It's definitely fun, but probably not something I can wear with much regularity. Still-- wow.

Wet, this is a slightly sour blackcurrant with a bit of musk thrown in. Dry, it's really about the blackcurrant, and a bit of musk. At tis point the blend really reminds me of one of the Le Mat blends, Marotte, I think, the berry one. As time goes it becomes more perfumey and less berry-like, boo, but it's almost faded away to nothing by this point anyways, a few hours later. This is a lovely fresh blend for the first few hours until it turns perfumey, and I'm sure I'll use up the half impy that I have. I don't get any leather, sadly.

Monsieur Petitbled's Frivolous Wheeled Footwear - On me, this is an odd little scent. It starts off smelling like clove and orange, but almost immediately, the clove backs off, which is surprising in and of itself, and what I smell is orange blossom and fig. The clove and pepper are definitely there giving a spicy edge to things, but they're subtle and not in-your-face as both usually are on me. I can't smell the patch or the red currant for the life of me. If I had to classify this, I'd call it a spicy fruity-floral. Edited by Edens Sixth Day

As I got this scent from another BPAL fan it didn't work out for just this month (September 2010), I had completely forgotten what notes were in it by the time I tested it! So this review is for a bottle that is over half a year old.

Wet, it the bottle, it smelled so much like fruity bubblegum with a spike of a sharp metallic note that I was afraid we would not suit, no, not at all...

Freshly applied, at first a waxy fruit smell (oh, no!), more grape than fig, but as it dried down it morphed into a fruity-floral scent very like nightblooming jasmine (I had a plant once, really, *exactly* like nightblooming jasmine) with a faint metal-and-leather scent behind it (patchouli + pink pepper = metallic?). Reading the description, I'm guessing that the currant-fig-orange flower combination has blended nicely with aging to produce the jasmine scent - it's really hard to pick out individual notes.

Not a remarkably strong throw, and it doesn't last terribly long on me, but I like it.

We suit, Monsieur Petitbled, we suit after all!

This smells weird. I don't think currant and fig is my favorite note combination, and that's what I smell. Plus pepper. It smells kinda sour. It doesn't smell bad, it just smells strange, and it's a little distracting because I keep wondering what that smell is.

I wear perfume that makes me feel happy or comforted in some way, and this one just smells confusing to me. I don't dislike it, but I don't think it suits me.

LOL, I think that I could have written filigree_shadow's review word for word. Every single one of the notes in this blend is a favorite of mine, but the result is something so odd that, although I am slightly repulsed, I find myself sniffing my wrist repeatedly. I'm not sure which combination is making this weird for me, it's possibly the currant, orange flower and the pepper. Whatever it is, the result is a sort of jarring, sour, sharp note that I have never really experienced before. I'm thinking that aging will not really do the trick, since it is already 3 years old, but I have not really opened this bottle that often and sometimes the air and oxidation will help to mellow out a blend. Short of that, I dunno.......maybe layer with Banshee Beat? That might be the ticket!