Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
hlinspjalda

The Waxworks

First? Oh, the pressure!

I was gifted with a testable sniffie of this prototype by the incomparable Tramp.

In the vial: Wax and something odd, maybe ozone or aquatic?

Wet: This smells like a beeswax candle that's been extinguished and is now cold. It's got the sweetness of beeswax along with a slight charcoal odor. There's also floral, and maybe a tinge of aquatic, something that's coming across as blue to me.

Half an hour: Creamy beeswax with a vanilla note. This has a very subtly translucent impression, much like the face of a waxwork. I like it.

One hour: Creamy beeswax, vanilla, and maybe cedar or sassafras? This reminds me of Tombstone, only gentler and with a truly beautiful beeswax note. I like it very much and may have to get a bottle of it. Awaiting the description of the notes with great interest!

Two hours: Still lovely, sweet creamy vanilla-beeswax with wood. I love the beeswax note and have several scents featuring it. I think this is the most girly of the beeswax scents I've tried.

Three hours: Still creamy vanilla-beeswax. I really like this one. I'm not prone toward vanilla scents, but maybe this is one I could take to heart, because I think the beeswax note is exquisite in this one.

I can't wait to pick up a bottle of this one!

ETA: There is a honey-like note in this that is just like Hetairae and Lupanar.

Edited by Shollin

Oh, this is like the female companion to Morven, the Strong Man. It’s not that is smells exactly like Morven but with sugar or flowers or some shit, but it smells like Morven’s woman. There’s a touch of something similar to Morven there, but it’s sweeter than Morven, with a bit of ball-crushing girlish glee.

Definitely beeswax, and a smokey deep sweetness, not a delicate sweetness, this is a working sweetness. This is a loud brash woman with a Russian accent, who is strong like bull. She laughs loud and obnoxiously and often and rather like a man. She has the air about her of someone who birthed a few calves in her time. She’s built like a Valkyrie, and wears a leopard print leotard, unironic blue eyeshadow and doesn’t give a shit what you think about it. She has thighs that could crush a man’s skull (and frankly, probably has). She has a honey-blonde birds nest for a head of hair that’s secured in its ponytail with a throwing knife she stole from The Torture Queen. She never crosses her legs when she sits. She pulls the top off her beer bottle with her teeth (she has other ways of popping the top, but she’ll only do that amongst friends). She once stopped a rampaging water buffalo by punching it in the face. She wins all the midget-hurling contests. She always eats the worm in the tequila.

From the bottle it’s got that honey-wax scent that I always find a bit too sweet and cloying. The instant it hits my skin it gets much worse, turning strongly powdery and heavily perfumed. Reminds me somewhat of the Nepthys v3 proto, only without the orange. It’s a similar perfumey-powder note though, heavy and sour. Ugh, ugh. Once fully dry I no longer even smell the wax. I had to wash this off, it was giving me a headache.

In bottle/imp: Beeswax, honey, and some clean, high ozoney scent.

Immediately on skin: Beeswax with a bit of honey and a bit of feminine perfume. This is not very good on me, but I’m not surprised as I generally dislike beeswax and honey scents.

After a little while: This fades into the scent of skin-warmed beeswax mixed with a little honey. Any extra notes have all but disappeared on my skin.

Overall Impressions: Beeswax and honey lovers will probably adore this scent, but as those notes don’t generally work on my skin, this scent isn’t for me.