Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kebechet

Home early, because I can't take the strain.

Good afternoon, guys! Thank you all so much for the happy birthday wishes! :D Honestly, I feel like you all are extended family...

I had to come home early. I can't take the strain of knowing that so much shit is messed up right now. I found out from the people that were housesitting for us that several packages came back --- on top of the ones that disappeared, I... well, I just couldn't stay on holiday in good conscience. I still don't know what's going on with the mystery oils that showed up at some swap meet. I may be prematurely furious, but... well, I'm an emotional woman.

:P

I'm not coping all that well. From what I've read today, more than half of the shipments I sent out before leaving have vanished. I am so stunned and so upset, I can barely type. Whatever is going on... a better job couldn't have been done to fuck me, and kudos to whoever is pulling this little stunt. Good job.

I'm trying to get centered, trying to get an idea of what all has gone awry, and I think that the store may have to remain closed until I get everything sorted out. It's just irresponsible for me to reopen til all the bunged orders get reshipped.

For the time being, I will continue to use USPS. I'm going to drive downtown to send out the packages until further notice. International customers that want a tracking number will have the opportunity to use Global Express or Global Express Guaranteed if they want, but unfortunately that will be a bit more expensive. I personally have had too many packages smashed by UPS to work with them at this point, but if I have no choice – if switching to another USPS branch doesn’t help matters – then I will have to opt to use them.

I need to make myself a cup of coffee, pet the dogs for a moment, and then I’ll get back to work.

Aww...Don't you love seeing your pets when you're feeling stressed. I'm all for animal therapy.

Just so you know, some people do own up to unexpected packages. :P

:P Welcome back... if that's not an utterly ridiculous thing to say given the circumstances. So sorry everything's blown up in your face.

If we can do anything to help, do let us know.

Absolutely. I hope you know that's always the case, on good days and bad days.

Peace be with you.

I've only been to Mass a few times, but I always thought that was fitting for the world we live in. Certainly my wish for you right now. :P

Edited by jj_j

Big Big :P :D :D

Beth, don't stress about it. Just take a deep breath and let it all go. We understand what is going on...it isn't your fault!

Don't feel rushed for our sake...as much as we love your oils...we won't die without them....maybe we won't get as much action without them :D ...but we won't die.

Priorities - your health! Stress is not good...take care of yourself first. I know whereof I speak. Wishing I could send a Dreamtime bar across the net...and thinking that sounds good for me too!

hugs again,

Lisa in Austin

Edited by chai_girl

This will work out, Beth; I know this extraordinarily frustrating to you. We've got all the patience and love you need, so please hang in there. :P

beth, i feel so badly for you! PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP JUST B/C OF ALL OF THIS!!! things *will* eventutally work out... and i think your idea of keeping the lab closed until you clear the air sounds like the best route for you right now. being able to concentrate on one area w/o having to worry about the others could help...

so, overall, we love you, your fragrances, and the lab! you've got a whole team behind you here - use us if you can! :D :P

Elizabeth- I have to agree don't make yourself sick with stress, we will all survive. Sure people get antsy when their order doesn't arrive, but no one is going to fall apart because of it. I strongly suggest that the USPS is still just jacked up with mail and at least state-side, I am betting they just take a long time. I personally will not be concerned until at least 3 weeks have gone by. I have no idea why they take so long, but getting mail from my mom in CA to GA still is taking at least a week, and it should only be a few days, I expect packages take longer. Its a hassle, but don't stress too much, we love your oils and no one is going to love them any less because the packages are taking a while. I for one already have my next 4 orders planned out. We love you and we love your oils.

Erin in Georgia

I posted happy thoughts at Bust too, but I'm gonna drop a line here too...

Beth, darling, don't stress too much. I think closing for a little bit will be good to wait to see the packages filtered out. You'll have to find out which oils that swapping person had to see if they were legit or stealers. :D Also, I was wondering if you would remember which samples you put in my "lost" shipment (which appeared friday) and which were in the secondary because of my requests. If it happens to be the first, maybe the USPS is jes REALLY slow lately (And I will be sending you 20$ for the second package, don't argue with me woman). I hate to be asking anything of you right now, but it jes shows that you'll be able to get it all figured out and better. Deep breathes, get all that yuckiness out. I can't wait til I'm out there to join the crew. You know we all want to help, and actually being able to hands-on help you guys will be great!

Again, it will all work out and be fine, esp. since all your customers love you so much and will be uber understanding because of all the communication you help foster. Its what gets you customers and keeps your customers. WE LOVE YOU! :P

(oh and belated happy b-day :D bad lizzie forgot to post on this board/bust/lj because i was trying to fig out which to use!)

I hope everything works out with minimal stressing! I can wait for my package, I've got nothing but time. Just don't kill yourself trying to please everyone, it can't be done.

:D Aww sorry your trip to Las Vegas didn't end up as nice as we all would have liked! I guess our positive energy and wellwishing was smited by the fates. After all of this finally calms down, hopefully there will be some kind of opportunity for a nice spa day for you. Even if we girls have to start taking up donations to get you into one.

:P Do take care of yourself. Most of us would prefer your better health to speedy delivery.

Elizabeth, mwah.

They say that the river can flow through a straw provided the straw is not at cross-purposes with the river.

Just let it go through you, you'll manage.

Here's me sending you some happy cheer.

Poor Elizabeth, I only wish there was something I could do to help - I feel so bloody helpless stuck the other side of the Atlantic .....

I should wait and see what turns up in people's mailboxes before re-shipping, it might just be because the mail is all snarled up at the moment ......

Sending lots of big hugs your way :P

Rosie

XXX

*breath in..........and breath out*

Please don't get get stressed. It's not healthy for you and wasted energy. Take the time you need to get everything back on the road for the lab. People will be gobbersmacked by your perfumes, that will probably forget that It arrived later!!! Don't take too much work in your hands and chill out......... it will work out just fine.... :P :D

sit back

meditate

yoga

play with aminals and ted

watch tv

take a looooong bath

get massage and otherwise pamper yourself

drink some good booze (er, sip it, on the rocks, so ya don't get hung over)

and generally try to clear your mind and center yourself and relax

while it won't make the mailing problems go away, it will make YOU feel better, at least for a little bit

*pouty upset face* Beth no happy=Inga no happy.

I'll go smash things up on your behalf :P

Think I may be too late for the tracking as my package may have already gone out- if not, dip into those paypal funds I sent & use that if me having tracing makes for a less stressed Beth :D

Temporary fix courtesy of the gorgeous Sam at Ginger (my fave bar):

(not sure if you're vegan or just veggo so the egg may be a no-go..but..)

10 ml Monin passionfruit syrup

15ml Elderflower cordial

30 ml Zubrowka (bison grass vodka)

15ml Gabriel Boudier Apple liqueur

15 ml lemon juice

1 egg yolk

Shake with ice & strain into large martini or cocktail glass

Hey Presto! Failing that Bison Grass Vodka chilled in the freezer with pineapple jiuice is the bussiness *hic*

Edited by Gothabillywench

*sigh* Well, that just bites. I'm so sorry this had to ruin your vacation. Really, it's okay if I don't get my stuff - I don't want you to have to pay again for something that clearly isn't your fault, and I'll just place a new order later.

Hey Presto! Failing that Bison Grass Vodka chilled in the freezer with pineapple jiuice is the bussiness *hic*

:P I second that!! Beth hun, give them a few more days to arrive. The post office sucks, so perhaps they are just being more sucky than usual.

Failing that (because I couldn't let it rest either-I'd have to go scream at the post office) wear your most ass kicking boots and make sure the fellas put on their scariest faces.

Elizabeth, you may want to give those parcels a little more time before you start to replicate all those orders. Mine took three weeks to arrive, and I had almost given up hope. I'm not sure why the mail is so slow.

This must be so frustrating for you. However, we all know that you and your company are wonderful and that your product is superb! Please don't stress out. Everything will be sorted eventually, and the past couple of months will just be a bad memory.

Many hugs,

Onlydreamin

Edited by Onlydreamin