Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Katherynne

Tobacco Flower?

Hello friends,

I've recently become aware that I love, love, LOVE the scent of tobacco flower. I did a search on BPALs that contained it, but here is what I'm wanting to know: which has the strongest tobacco flower note? Which is the most like straight tobacco flower?

thanks!

I hope someone more familiar with tobacco flower will come along, but if you like tobacco flower you may also really enjoy jasmine. I've grown scented flowering tobacco for several years now, and the blooms have a strong jasmine fragrance to me. :)

You might want to try The Lady on the Grey. I know a lot of people get a pretty strong tobacco flower note from that blend (the listed notes are: pearly sandalwood, white amber, tobacco flower, orris, castoreum bouquet, soft resins, and pale petals).

Edited by Little Bird

I hope someone more familiar with tobacco flower will come along, but if you like tobacco flower you may also really enjoy jasmine. I've grown scented flowering tobacco for several years now, and the blooms have a strong jasmine fragrance to me. :)

I wish that were the case! For me, BPAL's scents with jasmine amp the jasmine highly and cause migraines. I have to be really careful with it. That is so strange they smell similar to you -- to me they don't really smell much alike!

Little Bird: thank you!

Isnt nicotiania tobacco blossom? If it is, I HIGHLY recommend Smoky Moon. If not, well then, disregard =)

Isnt nicotiania tobacco blossom? If it is, I HIGHLY recommend Smoky Moon. If not, well then, disregard =)

Yes, at least the flowering tobacco that I grow is in the genus Nicotiana , and it smells fabulous. I need to find some Smoky Moon!

thanks!!!

Lady on the Grey - Ethereal, opalescent, and radiant: pearly sandalwood, white amber, tobacco flower, orris, castoreum bouquet, soft resins, and pale petals.

just tested this today, it has that same strong tobacco flower that Smoky Moon does, but is less.... um smoky? hehe

eta: thats what I get for not reading the thread very thoroughly -- obviously this has already been suggested!

Edited by CaudaPavonis

If you like red musk and think you might enjoy a blend with red musk, nicotiana, cocoa, and a bit of wine, try Midnight Kiss. I definitely get the tobacco flower in it :)

Thanks for all your suggestions (: once I've tried some things, I will come back to say which worked out, so that anyone else interested might know what I found...

I can say that Midnight Kiss was sickly sweet for me, I think because I don't do well with scents involving "wine" except for Nosferatu.

Sign in to follow this